Code of Conduct

Default Giddy on bargains!! My L'Artisan successes for the day...

Anyone visit TK Maxx for a browse at their fragrance section?
    Well, I've found some amazing deals in there in the past, I bought 75ml Parfum Mitsouko once for £39.99, along with Samsara and McQueen's Kingdom for less than half the price - although that was a while back when it was still available.
    Well, today, I'm snooping around, pushing aside the Katie Price crap and jumbo Elizabeth Arden bottles, and what the hell... L'Artisan Parfumeur!!
    Long story short after much excitement, I pick up 50ml Tea for Two, and 2x 50ml Voleur de Roses (One for mother :') the other for sale along with Tea for Two) and 2 x 15ml Mure et Musc Extrait de Parfum, all for £100.
    Pretty amazing, all brand new and sealed.
    Although I won't be keeping any, just think I got a bit overwhelmed. Wish they had some of my favourites! Then I would've played keepsies.

Default Re: Giddy on bargains!! My L'Artisan successes for the day...

Never seen anything like this here in the US! I only wish... What's next, Serge Lutens Paris exclusives at tj maxx?

cacio

Haha!! I did keep an eye out
    Was very impressed! Bizarely though my local Harvey Nichols store has stopped stocking L'Artisan Parfumeur... and now they show up at TK Maxx... maybe their stock went there who knows. Gonna keep a keen look out for more unusual things over the Christmas presents, I'll inform back!

Quote Originally Posted by forfreddie View Post
    Anyone visit TK Maxx for a browse at their fragrance section?
    Well, I've found some amazing deals in there in the past, I bought 75ml Parfum Mitsouko once for £39.99, along with Samsara and McQueen's Kingdom for less than half the price - although that was a while back when it was still available.
    Well, today, I'm snooping around, pushing aside the Katie Price crap and jumbo Elizabeth Arden bottles, and what the hell... L'Artisan Parfumeur!!
    Long story short after much excitement, I pick up 50ml Tea for Two, and 2x 50ml Voleur de Roses (One for mother :') the other for sale along with Tea for Two) and 2 x 15ml Mure et Musc Extrait de Parfum, all for £100.
    Pretty amazing, all brand new and sealed.
    Although I won't be keeping any, just think I got a bit overwhelmed. Wish they had some of my favourites! Then I would've played keepsies.
    I'd say you did fabulously well with your purchases!

Oof thanks hednic, considering the 50ml bottles retail for over £50 a pop, and the 15ml Mure et Muscs, for around what, £80? Pretty gooood.
    Anyone else found some amazing bargains recently?

I've noticed a lot of clearance sales in the UK for L'Artisan. Are they pulling out?
    Facebook group: Perfume Lovers in Singapore, Unite! (You don't have to be in Singapore to join.)

I have found some very interesting stuff in my TKMaxx. Creed,Cuir de Lancome, Armani Prive candles.

Brandalley UK have now and then L'Artisan in their sales, and its the ones you mention including the discontinued Vanilla.

Actually QVC UK now stock L'Artisan, they had a show two weeks ago. The guy from the company was on explaining, fragrances and how they created them. The prices worked out a few pounds cheaper than retail.

SpaceNK also sell about 6 different L'Artisans as well. I am going to an event next week and get Nuit de Tuberose at £20 off(I have money on my InDulge card).
    DONNA

Ah donna thats wicked! Ive heard someone before mention they have found Cuir de Lancome there before, I did have a little look in hope. Gonna pop back in over the weekend, maybe theyll have more stock in.
    Interesting about QVC and brandalley. And yes I was meant to say Space.nk instead of Harvey Nichs (ours is located in Harveys), I bought my Ambre Extreme from there and was suprised to see they no longer stock their range.
    The L'Artisan store often has wonderful sales on, visiting next weekend so... fingers crossed!

I never go to TK Maxx, having been in there twice some years ago, finding it far too much like a charity shop/flea market. Mountains of unsorted, random clothes. Perhaps I will have to reconsider and at least check out their perfume section.

It can be dire in there! People trash the place. But also, it depends on your store. My one on Birmingham has some incredible brands of clothing shoea toilettries and fragrance.
    But yeh it is definitely worth checking out for the fragrance, never know what you'll find I recommend going armed with headphones and ignoring everyone around you pushing crap on the floor and openin everything :') luckily the fragrances are sealed so its the only bit I find worth going there for.

Gonna nip in there sometime this week. Hope they have either Dzing! or Vanille Absolument.

Quote Originally Posted by YEAHBUDDY View Post
    Gonna nip in there sometime this week. Hope they have either Dzing! or Vanille Absolument.
    Haha! I'd have beat you to them by now if I'd seen 'em!
    They had Cote D'Amour... had never heard of it to be honest, and then I saw the 250ml sign, no appeal

How lovely it must be to have those items show up! At my US TJ Maxx, I only ever find commercial, celebrity-type scents. And those generally smell really bad to my nose.

None in Belfast TKMaxx. Did find Miller Harris though. Didn't buy as I didn't like the Fleur de Bois. They had Tocca candles and Dayna Decker too.
    DONNA

There's never anything new in perfume at our TJMaxx. Sigh.
    "You...put on cologne to write?"(From Midnight in Paris)

Stop by for a chat: http://perfumedletters.wordpress.com/
    My book reviews: http://www.nstperfume.com/author/Cheryl/

I don't think we have TK maxx in the states. Ours is TJ maxx. That's a heck of a bargain

When looking at other threads regarding high-end bargains, I get the sense that these brands are much more widely circulated on your side of the pond than they are here in the US, and that may be one explanation for why they end up making their way to discount outlets ?

Here in the US such high-end brands are treated like gold, and rarely filter down to the discount places.

Commonly distributed designer frags do, but rarely the things you mention.