Code of Conduct

Default What happened to Michael Storer?

His ad is still displayed on the bottom of BN but the site is gone. It's not even indexed on Bing or Google any longer.

Is he out of the perfume business? I've been meaning to pick up Djin for a while now but for one reason or another haven't yet.. I'd still love a bottle. Does anyone have any contact info for Mr. Storer, or, perhaps if you are reading this Mr. Storer could you PM me, please?

Thanks for any info!
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Default Re: What happened to Michael Storer?

I've been wondering the same thing for the last few weeks (I was expecting to hear of a new release) but didn't know that the website was down...

Yes his website has vanished I hope he is still in business. The Monk EDP fragrance has been on my purchase radar for a long time I just never got around to buying it.

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

Good question. I wondered why his scents got such a quick in and out at Lucky Scent. He's talented and, in my few little communiques with him, a very pleasant person.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

I also tried to send him an e-mail but the old address doesn't work anymore. If any of you can get in contact with him, can you please let me know? Thank you!

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

I've just sent him a PM...

I just saw this posted in another thread.. Thanks Petruccijc

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    I really enjoy Winter Star, Monk, Kadota and Stephanie.

FYI - I know Michael's website is down right now and going through a redesign, but he can be contacted at sales@michaelstorer.com.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

There's a facebook page here, where Michael says:

I regret that my website has been offline for so long all in the name of renovation. If you've ever renovated your home, need I say more about unexpected hassles? There is much NEW coming and the Tried&True will remain. An exciting time for me! If you need anything, do please email me at: sales@michaelstorer.com

Blog Entries

Oh boy am I ever late with a response to this thread!!!

Thanks so much, you guys, for thinking of me.. It's a very good feeling.
    I went through a difficult year in Los Angeles with my health... spinal problems and diabetes... and then, along with that, mounting financial woes which pretty much had me yoked like a slave to monthly mortgage payments to Chase Bank and nothing left to do much of anything except to survive to write out those monthly checks. I eventually had to reconcile myself with the fact that I'd have to sell my home of twenty-some years in the city of my birth and relocate somewhere more affordable.
    This pretty much dashed any hopes I had of just quickly re-polishing my tarnished website and getting it back up and running within the week or two as I'd hoped.
    As time went on, it became clear to me that I really wanted to redo my entire packaging and presentation as well as introduce some new fragrance ideas I'd had kicking around in my head as well...

So with a lot of trepidation, I just suspended sales altogether to give myself the time I needed to meditate, reinvent myself, my line and my website.
    A few weeks turned into many weeks, then many months. Now I was out on a limb...

Slowly, I found myself not only ready to sell my house, but to leave California completely to start a new life elsewhere.
    Once that decision was made, everything began falling into place... or rather, falling like an avalanche.
    I was expecting to wait a number of months to make a good sale in a very slow market, but that's not how it happened...
    Our little blond firecracker of a Beverly Hills realtor showed the place for exactly four hours on one day and just like that, handed me six offers. One was so unbelievably good, we couldn't refuse...

Before I had a second to think, we had to find a new home, get financing for it, rid our place of twenty years-worth of good ol' American consumerism and clear out by closing date... not to mention pack up endless crates of little brown bottles, liter-sized aluminum flasks, 5 kilo cans and 30 kilo drums of perfumery raw gold. ....A nightmare.
    One the other hand, I rediscovered a few long-forgotten gems among all that stuff!

The end result was so worth it! We have an absolutely beautiful, gigantic, nearly brand new home on close to an acre of land in Arizona three miles off Interstate 10 half-way between Phoenix and Tucson. IT IS GORGEOUS HERE!! NO MORE TRAFFIC!! The entire Milky Way paints the night sky from horizon to horizon! So peaceful and so quiet! People, store clerks, everyone actually says 'hello' to you here! No road rage! No parking meters and no $68-a-shot overtime parking fines!!
    All this and not even for 1/5 the monthly payments I had in Los Angeles!!

Workers are currently finishing up construction of our swimming pool as I set up shelves for my new lab and studio... ...this time, so spacious that it's an artist's dream come true.
    I am truly blessed!
    As soon as I can, I'll start work on a new website and present you with a few fresh new creations along with favorite standbys.

Life is good!

Watch for my return. Very soon now...

Oh and by the way, my email address: sales@michaelstorer.com does work again!

Cheers and good sniffing to all,

Michael Storer
    Arizona City, AZ
    USA
    MICHAEL STORER fine niche perfumery for the individualist
    www.michaelstorer.com

Michael, sorry you have been through so much woe and misfortune and I'm glad you have managed to steer yourself through the tough times. Thanks for the update and we will look forward to your new website and products.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mastorer View Post
    Oh boy am I ever late with a response to this thread!!!

Thanks so much, you guys, for thinking of me.. It's a very good feeling.
    I went through a difficult year in Los Angeles with my health... spinal problems and diabetes... and then, along with that, mounting financial woes which pretty much had me yoked like a slave to monthly mortgage payments to Chase Bank and nothing left to do much of anything except to survive to write out those monthly checks. I eventually had to reconcile myself with the fact that I'd have to sell my home of twenty-some years in the city of my birth and relocate somewhere more affordable.
    This pretty much dashed any hopes I had of just quickly re-polishing my tarnished website and getting it back up and running within the week or two as I'd hoped.
    As time went on, it became clear to me that I really wanted to redo my entire packaging and presentation as well as introduce some new fragrance ideas I'd had kicking around in my head as well...

So with a lot of trepidation, I just suspended sales altogether to give myself the time I needed to meditate, reinvent myself, my line and my website.
    A few weeks turned into many weeks, then many months. Now I was out on a limb...

Slowly, I found myself not only ready to sell my house, but to leave California completely to start a new life elsewhere.
    Once that decision was made, everything began falling into place... or rather, falling like an avalanche.
    I was expecting to wait a number of months to make a good sale in a very slow market, but that's not how it happened...
    Our little blond firecracker of a Beverly Hills realtor showed the place for exactly four hours on one day and just like that, handed me six offers. One was so unbelievably good, we couldn't refuse...

Before I had a second to think, we had to find a new home, get financing for it, rid our place of twenty years-worth of good ol' American consumerism and clear out by closing date... not to mention pack up endless crates of little brown bottles, liter-sized aluminum flasks, 5 kilo cans and 30 kilo drums of perfumery raw gold. ....A nightmare.
    One the other hand, I rediscovered a few long-forgotten gems among all that stuff!

The end result was so worth it! We have an absolutely beautiful, gigantic, nearly brand new home on close to an acre of land in Arizona three miles off Interstate 10 half-way between Phoenix and Tucson. IT IS GORGEOUS HERE!! NO MORE TRAFFIC!! The entire Milky Way paints the night sky from horizon to horizon! So peaceful and so quiet! People, store clerks, everyone actually says 'hello' to you here! No road rage! No parking meters and no $68-a-shot overtime parking fines!!
    All this and not even for 1/5 the monthly payments I had in Los Angeles!!

Workers are currently finishing up construction of our swimming pool as I set up shelves for my new lab and studio... ...this time, so spacious that it's an artist's dream come true.
    I am truly blessed!
    As soon as I can, I'll start work on a new website and present you with a few fresh new creations along with favorite standbys.

Life is good!

Watch for my return. Very soon now...

Oh and by the way, my email address: sales@michaelstorer.com does work again!

Cheers and good sniffing to all,

Michael Storer
    Arizona City, AZ
    USA
    Sounds great, Michael!

I agree totally - a change of scenery can be just the thing to give a person a completely fresh outlook on life, and new ideas. Good job!

Changes and challenges are always difficult, but it's wonderful to hear that all the hassle ended you up in a situation that sounds so much more peaceful than...well...LA.

Don't allow yourself to take those stars for granted, OK ?

I can't wait for your return and am so very happy that you are well, safe, sound and happy in Arizona! I was feeling very morose about the site being down, so glad the news is largely good.

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

Oh, Michael, I just read your post. I'm sorry the universe handed you such tribulations, but to learn of your new access to the Milky Way makes me smile. I am glad life has turned more kindly in your favor. Take good care of yourself and that precious American land.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

I try to talk with Mike once or so every two weeks, He's alive and doing well now in AZ, currently trying to hang bookshelves and get his new Perfume Lab up and running... He has a much renewed sense of optimism, and that dread cloud doesn't hang over his head anymore. He's gonna make it back... :-)

Some of the darkest of times bring about the brightest of lights

I'd just belatedly spotted this thread and was about to report continued survival - I've been reading Michael's contributions in another place (as they say in Parliament) with great enjoyment - every excuse taken to chat about perfumery instead of putting up shelves . . . and just how many jobs are in the queue for me as I write this?

Oops - back to work Bartlett!
    Chris Bartlett
    Perfumes from the edge . . .

www.perfumedesigner.co.uk
    Twitter: @PellWallPerfume

If you are looking for a perfumery consultation Iím happy to quote: if you want free advice, thatís what these forums are for
    You can also join my blog if you wish to ask questions of me.