Code of Conduct

Default Fragrance for a 13 year old boy, which one?

Is Lacoste Essential ok?

Default Re: Fragrance for a 13 year old boy, which one?

Rochas Man
    -- $20 at TJ Maxx and Marshalls

Quote Originally Posted by hollywoodman View Post
    Is Lacoste Essential ok?
    That should be fine.

None...a thirteen year old boy doesn't need to smell good, alluring, or attractive. He just needs to not smell bad!
    Looking to swap…look for my thread on the trade page. May be interested in buying Amouage. Having fun with shower gels. If you want to get rid of yours or swap for frags, give me a shout!

^true dat,

but yeah id say black xs for ur age range, get all dem girlsies woohoo

laccoste essential is good too
    black xs is more unique tho

Banned

yes ... Lacoste Essential - a fresh and clean scent ...

Mugler Cologne

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

Quote Originally Posted by tracerbullet View Post
    None...a thirteen year old boy doesn't need to smell good, alluring, or attractive. He just needs to not smell bad!
    +1 +1 +1

It is indeed quite early. So something light and simple, but sent bon, to start on the right path. 4711 Eau de cologne as a freshener. Concentree d'oranges vertes as a luxury. +1 mugler cologne, fun too.

cacio

This is BN! We should be suggesting A*Men or RL Romance Silver here!

JK, but I did wear those when I was 13.

I wore curve liz claiborne when I was 13. The original version.

Bvlgari Black. OK, I really have no clue, but when I apply the criteria that I'd use for a thirteen year old girl - you probably don't want to spend a niche price, you don't want it to smell like a child's scent, you don't want it to be weird enough to offend their friends, you don't want it to be suggestive, but you want it to be kind of different - and switch them to a boy, Bvlgari Black is what comes to mind.

Quote Originally Posted by ChickenFreak View Post
    Bvlgari Black. OK, I really have no clue, but when I apply the criteria that I'd use for a thirteen year old girl - you probably don't want to spend a niche price, you don't want it to smell like a child's scent, you don't want it to be weird enough to offend their friends, you don't want it to be suggestive, but you want it to be kind of different - and switch them to a boy, Bvlgari Black is what comes to mind.
    Agreed, but L'eau Par Kenzo really comes to mind here too. It's really great...

Really, just about anything is okay. I've bought my 12 year old nephew about 60 scents. The only ones he doesn't like are the old 60s through 80s powerhouses (e.g. Aramis). Both he and his older brother were and are still quite taken by the Cuba Cigar scents I started them off on - in particular because they can put them in their pencil cases and take them to school. Cuba gold was the original big hit with them.

As I've written here before, the biggest hit for my 16 year old nephew wasn't the orientals that he likes, but Paris Hilton for Men - which seemed to have the most positive effect amongst the girls in his classes.
    Regards,
    Renato

Quote Originally Posted by Renato View Post
    Really, just about anything is okay. I've bought my 12 year old nephew about 60 scents. The only ones he doesn't like are the old 60s through 80s powerhouses (e.g. Aramis). Both he and his older brother were and are still quite taken by the Cuba Cigar scents I started them off on - in particular because they can put them in their pencil cases and take them to school. Cuba gold was the original big hit with them.
    I don't know if they have an uncle of the year award in Australia, but if so then you should win it in a landslide!

Quote Originally Posted by Renato View Post

As I've written here before, the biggest hit for my 16 year old nephew wasn't the orientals that he likes, but Paris Hilton for Men - which seemed to have the most positive effect amongst the girls in his classes.
    Regards,
    Renato
    Dayum. Best smelling guys at their ages, I bet.

Quote Originally Posted by hollywoodman View Post
    Is Lacoste Essential ok?
    this is fine

Puredistance M or Clive Christian No.1. Welcome to Basenotes

Sur la Plage

There is nothing wrong with a 13-year old wearing a fragrance IMO.

Get him something good - which rules out Lacoste Essential. Mugler Cologne is a better option.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Both Lacoste Essential and Mugler Cologne are good options

I'd suggest far more neutral and light scents for an adolescent. CK One, British Sterling, Curve. Cheap and peppy products that are bland and inoffensive. these also dissipate quickly and are forgiving to over application.

Quote Originally Posted by alfarom View Post
    Mugler Cologne
    lol to make you smell like a baby.

Quote Originally Posted by bFlay View Post
    I'd suggest far more neutral and light scents for an adolescent. CK One, British Sterling, Curve. Cheap and peppy products that are bland and inoffensive. these also dissipate quickly and are forgiving to over application.
    Perhaps, but you could also give a more unique/substantial fragrance and actually educate the kid on how to apply it elegantly...

Perhaps, but you could also give a more unique/substantial fragrance and actually educate the kid on how to apply it elegantly...

Quote Originally Posted by Cannon View Post
    Dayum. Best smelling guys at their ages, I bet.
    Yes indeed. Last week I was at their place as the 12 year old was about to go out with his parents - he was wearing a suit. He asked me whether I could tell what he was wearing. I sniffed, was puzzled and asked what it was. He said it was a mix of Lagerfeld Kapsule Floriental and Lagerfeld Kapsule Woody.

He's getting pretty sophisticated.
    Regards,
    Renato

Can I just say from experience that CK One is NOT forgiving to over-application. It may be clean, but it can be headache-inducing at 40 paces.

Lacoste Essential's a great choice. He may also like Cool Water.

And one more that I think is perfect for a kid his age, is Joop! Jump (you would have to get it online though, most department stores don't carry it.).

+1 for curve
    I also wore curve (crush), I got it as a gift when I was 15 or 16
    still wear it occasionally has a warm aquatic smell, unlike most aquatics.

Quote Originally Posted by PradaG View Post
    Puredistance M or Clive Christian No.1. Welcome to Basenotes
    Agreed, maybe also try Xerjoff Homme.

I would go with something fresh for that age. Any of the popular aquatics or sport scents would be a good choice. I would say Acqua Di Gio or Eternity Aqua would be nice. Or maybe a sport scent like Burberry Sport, Armani Sport Code, Chanel Allure Homme Sport Cologne (clear bottle), or Lacoste Essential Sport would be great for your age. Most people your age will prefer the fresh aquatic and sport scents. They are certainly not offensive and are easily liked.

Lacoste Essential is OKAY at best. If you really want to stand out, get La Nuit De L'Homme EDT. It'll be something you'll wear throughout high school. Very versatile.

Other options:
    Black XS (Pretty much only a high school fragrance in my opinion)
    Abercrombie Fierce
    One Million (if you like sweet fragrances... but 1 spray MAXIMUM if you're in high school.)

All I have to say is if you're in high school...... DONT OVER APPLY fragrances. That's the best tip I can give you. 1-2 sprays max in a classroom setting.
    Top 5:
    1) La Nuit De L'Homme by Yves Saint Laurent
    2) Lumière Noire pour Homme by Maison Francis Kurkdjian
    3) Royal Oud by Creed
    4) One Million by Paco Rabanne
    5) Allure Homme Sport by Chanel

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by Cerrucci View Post
    lol to make you smell like a baby.
    ???
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Basenotes Junkie

one million smells 13 year old to me

13 is a great age to start wearing fragrances. Everything just smells good and I like that because being picky over fragrances can be time consuming. Keep an open mind and get a few to keep things interesting. You can get stuff on discount to save $

By the way, how much money ya got to spend ? How about Kenzo Power ? The Lacoste works okay too, but I like others. I think you should sniff around the shops and read reviews here. That way you get what YOU like. That is what is important.

Quote Originally Posted by tracerbullet View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by forfreddie View Post
    +1 +1 +1
    - 1 to both of your posts
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

joop homme (what i was given as a gift at about that age), One Million, diesel fuel for life? probily best getting a sweet scent as he is young.