Code of Conduct

Default SOTD Friday 2nd December 2011

It will be this:

Blog Entries

Default Re: SOTD Friday 2nd December 2011

Going to bed in this...I have no Ava Luxe to join the synch this morning. I might wear Breath of God just to be weird. But I'm synching in spirit.

Dans La Nuit Vers Le Jour Sans Adieu Je Reviens Vers Toi.

Good morning!

Nice pics today! I'm layering SL Santal Blanc with TDC's Bois d'Iris. No conflict as far as I can discern.
    Facebook group: Perfume Lovers in Singapore, Unite! (You don't have to be in Singapore to join.)

Tabac Blond... how can one still be so crazy in love with a perfume?

Best to all for a lovely weekend (long overdue)!

Robin, I hope your job interview went well!

Twolf, I hope the tater salad was tasty!

Sending good vibes to all of you!

It is still Thursday here as I type this but I lurve me some Ava Luxe (sorry, Twolf) and plan to wear Kama tomorrow (Friday).

Take care, all.

Morning all. Not able to synch today since I have no Ava Luxe frags. Going with Ambre Narguilé which seems a perfect fit with the frosty morning up here. Brrrrrrr!

Enjoy your Friday everyone.

Ava Luxe's 23 from sample...One of the best sandalwoods scents!Amazing
    LOVE IS BEST
    My sale thread :http://www.basenotes.net/search.php?searchid=2281122
    "There are people of spirit and there are people of passion but much less common that one might think. Rarer still are the people of passion and spirit. But rarest of all is a passionate spirit."
    -- Martin Buber

Good Morning,

Musc Ravageur for me today.

Have a great Friday everyone.

Idole de Lubin, edt.
    I don't know much about medicine, but I know what I like. -- S.J. Perelman

Basenotes Plus

Good morning !. Unable to participate in the synch today I'm afraid.

SotD is Diptyque Vetyverio.

Last edited by JON RODGERS; 2nd December 2011 at 10:12 AM.

Hello all. A sample of Annick Goutal Quel Amour!
    DONNA

Basenotes Plus

SOTD is L'Artisan Parfumeur Safran Troublant, warm, smooth, delicious.
    Notes include saffron, vanilla, sandalwood, red rose

Happy Friday, all!
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Not in synch. Testing Fracas by Robert Piquet, from a generous sample given by Lillybelle.
    “Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. This is not a way of life at all in any true sense. Under the clouds of war, it is humanity hanging on a cross of iron.”
    ― Dwight D. Eisenhower

www.aafke-art.com

In synch, and joining sophi, in Ava Luxe No. 23 - a warm sandalwood and floral/herbal frag with a soft, creamy musk undertone and sweet over incense vibe. Ha, I'm horrible a quick descriptions

Larimar, you just can't explain love sometimes, but you can sure enjoy that you found it
    Last edited by cello; 2nd December 2011 at 11:11 AM.

Basenotes Plus

Good morning!

In sync with Ava Luxe Madeline.

Have a great day!

Vamp by Ava Luxe. will post impressions later...off to work!
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Grossmith - Hasu no Hana

I have to thank scent for bringing these to my attention.

for swap/sale:

Thumbs up Re: SOTD Friday 2nd December 2011

V I V A R A

New version by François Demachy

Eau de Parfum

Emilio Pucci ( 1914 - 1992 )
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Sur la Plage

Good morning! My SOTD is Christian Dior Fahrenheit Absolute.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Hello everyone!

I'm in sync with Ava Luxe's deliriously realistic and utterly gorgeous Pivoine Rose ...and with the sun coming out I can almost pretend that spring has arrived.

Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Re: SOTD Friday 2nd December 2011

You guys have sun coming out, we are like at 3F (-16C) with future accumulation. At work they said "Do not even mention that dirty 4-letter word SNOW".

Robin, how did it go?

Potato salad turned out 1000 times better than the one I had to put on my big girl's apron and deal with. Seriously.

YSL vintage Ygrek.

Good morning! Thank you so much for your good wishes, and I think they were effective; as background I've been applying online to a lot of jobs but not much success so decided that it would be better to, well, get someone to pimp me, I suppose is the best way to explain it - a recruiter who matches people and jobs. So that was the interview - the good news is the recruiter said that when I came in she had just received a request from a client for someone with almost exactly my skill set and background, so she was happy I had called, now she will try to get me an interview at the client, so I am hopeful, a big thank you for the luck, y'all.

Today is market day, I am selling hair clips downtown and wearing Red, gotta signal to the universe that yes I want to work and make money, not going to give up no matter what.

SOTD is Horny Little Devil, by Smell Bent I love this and think I will buy the She Wolf in oil, too, it's his sister and I think I like her even better.

Love that attitude,Robin!You rock!

In sync in AL's Bohemian Rose.Have a great day,all!
    The nose wants what it wants!

Good morning everyone In synch with AL Queen Bess. I got the perfume oil and the opening is quite loud...First time I tested I got something a little "bugsparyish". Not today, though, but the opening does have some kind of combination of citrus,patchoulie and roses...So that is probably it:P I love the spicy,sandalwoody,rosey drydown of this scent however.
    Notes accoridng to the website are :
    Bergamot, Cinnamon, Clove bud, Cardamom, Carnation, Saffron, Grass, Rose musk, English tea rose, Moroccan rose absolute, Turkish rose absolute, Bulgarian rose absolute, Lavender absolute, Cedar, Amber, Sandalwood, Patchouli, Earth, Civit, Ambergris.

Have a great day all

Blog Entries

Well off to a scary start this morning when I dropped a bottle of CdG Daphne on the floor, while I was taking it out of that little red velvet bag it comes in. It landed smack on the floor but luckily, it didn't break. It did frighten my poor cat who was eating in the same place, however. Whew... disaster averted. Nice solid glass bottle.
    I'm in Daphne (not the whole bottle, only 2 sprays) which is wonderful in small quantities. Happy Friday...

SotD.

my current top five (always in transition)

Dior Eau Noire
    HdP 1725 Casanova
    eau de gloire parfum d'empire
    Dia man Amouage
    comme des garçons man 2

Basenotes Institution

In synch in:

Absinthe (parfum) by Ava Luxe

This is not the vintage 'Martian green' colored liquid that I remember from years ago, but the smell is nonetheless fantastic. Absinthe and Midnight Violet were always my favorite from her line. It smells EXACTLY like absinthe liquor - that harsh almost medicinal mixture of grasses, herbs with a deep (non-sweet) anise dry down. It reminds me a little of that green spirulina drink that you get in health food stores. I mean that as a compliment.
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

Happy Friday all SOTD is Fan di Fendi

In synch this morning and twins with Kiliwia in Ava Luxe's Madeline. I got this sample from our sample sniffing binge in NOLA. Rtamara urged someone to take it home and give it some love, as it is now discontinued, so I volunteered for the job. Someone's gotta do it. This is veeeerrry sweet. Smells like fruit syrup, pine needles, and ??? to me.

Addicted2Pretty, I love Fan di Fendi.

My day is not over yet... so, a few spritzes of Tabac Blond under my pullover to keep me going. After driving home in the freezing fog and drizzle tonight, I definitely see a bottle of Crozes-Hemitages coming up as a Friday treat! Best to all!

Blog Entries

In sync today first time in a month or so. I'm wearing Ava Luxe's Milk in perfume oil. My sample says extrait but since it didn't come from the sourse, I think it probably is mislabeled somewhat. The liquid is incredibly viscose and oily, was glistening on my skin almost for an hour after application... all signs of perfume oil for all I know. Correct me if I'm wrong. Of course, part of my reasoning is that Milk is available on the site in the form of perfume oil and EDT, but NOT extrait.

I love wearing a perfume with milky smell, it seems to comfort me. I will leave a comparison between this one and Jo Malone Sweet Milk for the SnS thread -- we're doing gourmands in December!

I have been keen to add my sincere good luck wishes toROBIN!

Can't synch as no Eva Lux. Just some cologne this morning (Acqua De Genova), and Cuir De Lancome this evening.

Enjoy your treat dear Larimar. You treat us every day.

Vintage Must de Cartier parfum.

Basenotes Plus

SotE - Jo Malone Pomegranate Noir.

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Back in Dirty English. I am going to have to buy and wear an English medieval pike and helmet to complement this.
    Last edited by kbe; 2nd December 2011 at 04:30 PM.
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Blog Entries

I have to agree with Larimar,
    Tabac Blonde is Queen!

Blog Entries

I layered YSL In Love Again over Woods of Windsor True Rose and I love the combination!

Not in sync today, wearing Pheromone in this chilly weather.

Good Evening,

Chanel Cuir de Russie (Exclusifs EdT) for me tonight.

Best to all

Inspired by the recently resurrected Balmain thread and this beautiful sunny day, I'm out of sync for sotd #2, vintage Vent Vert, parfum and edt.

Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Shux, not only did I completely forget about Friday's syncs - but I don't think I have any Ava Luxe on-hand. Hm.

SOTD: FM L'Eau d'Hiver

So glad to hear that the meeting with the recruiter went so well, Robin! Yay! Definitely keep us posted!

Hope you all are looking forward to a great weekend!

Quote Originally Posted by RainDropSparkle View Post
    So glad to hear that the meeting with the recruiter went so well, Robin! Yay! Definitely keep us posted!
    Yes,same here!

Getting ready to switch into AL's Ambra Tibet for the evening.Don't think I've ever synced twice in one day before!
    The nose wants what it wants!

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Larimar View Post
    Tabac Blond... how can one still be so crazy in love with a perfume?
    That's so cute. I'm happy for your having found such satisfaction.

Robin, somebody's going to be very lucky to have you in their employ.

I was going to wear the Ava Luxe Midnight Violet inherited from Mike, but my clients have been toying with my schedule and trying my patience, so I've finally applied scent at 2:30 p.m., and I needed mint to sooth my mood: Jo Malone Fresh Mint Leaf. Love those spearmint top notes. There's something a little funky in the heart, but I try to smell around it.

Remember: Wear something yummy tomorrow for SnS Saturday -- Gourmand!
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

In synch, wearing Midnight Violet by Ava Luxe.

Blog Entries

Blog Entries

Robin, sounds good!

Mom is doing very well with walking now that she is allowed to partial weight bear. She needs the rolling walker, of course, but this afternoon I got her from her recliner to the elevator and back, 180 feet (I paced it out.) She tolerated it very well and could easily have gone a bit farther, so tomorrow we'll ride the elevator to the first floor and start walking toward the communal dining room (with the wheelchair behind us for when she gets tired) to see how far she can go in one direction. Then each day we'll go a bit farther.

I think it will not be very long before she can walk to her evening meal. At this point she uses the walker in the apartment and the wheelchair has been relegated to long distance use only. Of course none of this is by herself-- she has to be guarded and cued for safety-- but I do believe she will achieve independent ambulation again.

This is no small thing. Only 50% of seniors who break a hip are able to walk independently one year after their fracture. Shocking statistic, really.
    And 21% never regain the ability to walk functionally, but have to use a wheelchair instead.

That's great 30 Roses! With your help and coaching, I'm sure your mom will be ambulatory again.

My SotA was Neonatura Cocoon lotion by Yves Rocher, with some Parfums de Coeur's Body Fantasy Vanilla body spray over that. Not too bad at all.

SotE freshen-up is Dior Dolce Vita, from a little decant.

Have a great weekend, everybody! Love to all.

Tony's back (yay!) so I'm done with my little Angel fest (boo!) but I'm feelin' wonderful and smellin' fabulous in Badgley Mischka for a night on the town ...oysters then Ellis at Snug, what else?

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Havana reissue tonight. Other than a bit brighter in the opening notes I find it to be a dead ringer for the vintage version.
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

AM: Hermessence Vanille Galante
    PM: Angelique Noire by Guerlain
    Evening: Cristalle edt

I'm back in NY Amber again today. Oh how I love thee! I like to wear new frags for at least 3 days straight to get an idea of how I will wear it in the future. I also love that it smells amazing on me pre deep exfoliation. I can't wait to try this after a long soak and good scrubbing. This perfume lasts until you wash it off too. Amazing! Love it!

Diva is fartin in your perfume mist before you walk through it!! Walk slow and let it marinate......

Divatologist....Breaking perfume rules since 1969
    I smells goooooooooooood! Don't believe me? Come smell me!!

"The Divatologist Perfume Application Method" is now available!!! Learn It, Live It, Love It Click Here! Many Compliments Await You!

www.twitter.com/Divatologist www.divatologist.tumblr.com

bleu autumn haze

In synch today: I'm wearing Ava Luxe Love's True Bluish Light. This week has just been a killer ... I had to stay late again tonight. I'm so happy the weekend is finally here!

Quote Originally Posted by Divatologist View Post
    I'm back in NY Amber again today. Oh how I love thee! I like to wear new frags for at least 3 days straight to get an idea of how I will wear it in the future. I also love that it smells amazing on me pre deep exfoliation. I can't wait to try this after a long soak and good scrubbing. This perfume lasts until you wash it off too. Amazing! Love it!

I agree Diva.....This is fantastic!!!
    Today I wore YSL L'Homme Libre
    Gary