Code of Conduct

Question Differences in these two Guerlains (Vetiver)

I own both Guerlain Vetiver in the ribbed (original formulation) bottle and Vetiver Frozen and I enjoy both very much. Lately I have been thinking about getting a bottle of the latest version. While searching I came across this site.

http://www.fragrancenet.com/vetiver-...FQdN4Aod9idhog

What are the differences between the 1.7 and 3.4oz bottles?
    Is the 1.7oz the first formulation of the EDT version of GV?
    Should I bother with either one? Are they different enough from the two I already own?
    These are the only versions of GV I have smelled.

Any comments and opinions will be very much appreciated.
    "You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality." - Ayn Rand

"I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical...It is a medicine necessary for the sound health of government." - Thomas Jefferson

Default Re: Differences in these two Guerlains (Vetiver)

Some recent discussion here.

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/289...quick-question

I haven't tried the recently repackaged one (in the original 'olde' bottle) but if people are saying it's an improvement on the frosted ribbed bottle then count me in as 'very interested'!

Also haven't tried the latest version. Completely happy with the version I currently have. Also like the "Frozen".

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Also haven't tried the latest version. Completely happy with the version I currently have.
    You aren't missing much, they are virtually identical.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Also haven't tried the latest version. Completely happy with the version I currently have. Also like the "Frozen".
    What version do you have?
    "You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality." - Ayn Rand

"I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical...It is a medicine necessary for the sound health of government." - Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by mr. reasonable View Post
    Some recent discussion here.

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/289...quick-question

I haven't tried the recently repackaged one (in the original 'olde' bottle) but if people are saying it's an improvement on the frosted ribbed bottle then count me in as 'very interested'!
    Thanks. Not sure how I missed that thread.

But I'm still curious about the 1.7oz bottle. How does it compare to the other versions?

so I'm not the only one who was confused
    Last edited by jclaxton78; 4th December 2011 at 03:58 AM.
    "You do not merely want to be considered just the best of the best. You want to be considered the only ones who do what you do." J.G.

I have the new version, just got it the other day. Not really a big fan so far. Is this better in warmer weather (projection-wise)?
    "You do not merely want to be considered just the best of the best. You want to be considered the only ones who do what you do." J.G.

Quote Originally Posted by jclaxton78 View Post
    so I'm not the only one who was confused
    Do you think the different GV's are confusing or do you think my questions concerning them are? If it's the latter, I apologize.

Quote Originally Posted by ajmc View Post
    Do you think the different GV's are confusing or do you think my questions concerning them are? If it's the latter, I apologize.
    No actually, I think there is a general confusion for newbies like myself. Not your fault. And I did say I "was" confused. I am no longer.