Code of Conduct

Thumbs up A Great Day with Gucci Envy

I haven't used Envy for some years.
    I disliked it for quite some time and I kept wondering why I am keeping this in my collection.

Some days ago I had the courage (lol) to apply it.
    2 sprays on the chest, 1 on the back of my neck...

Are you kidding me???
    Wow this smells great! How could I dislike this???
    Sillage and longevity were out of this world. 24 hours with good projection.
    This is the reformulation and one of the issues I had was that it seemed weak.
    How can it be this strong now? Does the fragrance age like wine? lol

This is exactly why I am against selling or swapping fragrances.
    You might dislike it after a while but the love will come back big time.

Default Re: A Great Day with Gucci Envy

I'm really interested in picking up a bottle. Where would your recommend I look? Should I just browse random perfume retailers hoping they have a leftover bottle????

Quote Originally Posted by eggy View Post
    I'm really interested in picking up a bottle. Where would your recommend I look? Should I just browse random perfume retailers hoping they have a leftover bottle????
    You might want to check some small perfumeries in your neighborhood.
    No "big shops" like Sephora or anything.
    Believe me, they have hidden treasures.

If you like something slightly similar, try Prada Amber Intense.
    It's a darker version of Envy.

I think Gucci Envy is a very nice scent.

I'm jelly you get the good longevity and projection from it. It's one of the few frags I own that I get miserable projection and longevity from and still rock regularly as I luv the smell for the short time that it's with me.

Dependent

I find the longevity on skin to be 24 hours as well, and I assume it projects well too.

I'll never forget the first time I smelled Envy. It was in a swap package and its vial had leaked all over the ziploc. The package had maybe 12 vials in it, and I was hoping that what I smelled was a single fragrance that I could wear, and not some strange mixture I'd have to experiment with layering to replicate. I was very pleased to find that it was Gucci's green juice. Classic stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Suppressor View Post
    You might want to check some small perfumeries in your neighborhood.
    No "big shops" like Sephora or anything.
    Believe me, they have hidden treasures.

If you like something slightly similar, try Prada Amber Intense.
    It's a darker version of Envy.

Thanks man. I'll have to do the rounds one of these days. There are ton around where I work

Is Amber Intense still in production?

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Beast View Post
    I'm jelly you get the good longevity and projection from it. It's one of the few frags I own that I get miserable projection and longevity from and still rock regularly as I luv the smell for the short time that it's with me.
    I think that is the problem, that you are using this fragrance regularly.
    It seems to trigger nose fatigue in a really bad way on some people, including me.
    This was the first time in years that I could enjoy 'the full ride' of this fragrance.

Even the sheets of my bed were smelling like it 48 hours later.
    Ridiculous!

Thanks man. I'll have to do the rounds one of these days. There are ton around where I work

You're welcome.
    I think so yeah, it's easy to find where I live.

Blog Entries

Envy for Men is a very good scent with excellent lasting power and decent projection on my skin. It easily wafts off of my skin if I am doing any physical activities even after 7-8 hours of first application, so I assume people with warmer body temperature will experience a very good projection with Envy. It is a shame it has been discontinued.

Recently tried this again and it quickly became one of my favorites. I have managed to secure a few bottles that should last me forever.

Are there Perfumania stores in Canada? They still stock it occasionally in the stores, not online though.

I think that is the problem, that you are using this fragrance regularly.
    It seems to trigger nose fatigue in a really bad way on some people, including me.
    This was the first time in years that I could enjoy 'the full ride' of this fragrance.

Even the sheets of my bed were smelling like it 48 hours later.
    Ridiculous!
    I meant that I keep it in regular rotation, I maybe wear it 4 or 5 times a month, max. I luv the smell though.

I got this one shortly after it launched and really liked it. I ran out of it and went on to explore other frags; then I got another bottle of it 2 years ago and was reminded of how good it is. Also, the bottle itself is memorable.

Lovely fragrance. I find now I have to be in the mood to wear it but I find it very comforting.
    La vita breve, la morte vien.

Wanted!!! Rectoverso Tea Tobacco by Ulric de Varens. PM Me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I haven't used Envy for some years.
    I disliked it for quite some time and I kept wondering why I am keeping this in my collection.

Some days ago I had the courage (lol) to apply it.
    2 sprays on the chest, 1 on the back of my neck...

Are you kidding me???
    Wow this smells great! How could I dislike this???
    Sillage and longevity were out of this world. 24 hours with good projection.
    This is the reformulation and one of the issues I had was that it seemed weak.
    How can it be this strong now? Does the fragrance age like wine? lol

This is exactly why I am against selling or swapping fragrances.
    You might dislike it after a while but the love will come back big time.
    It's funny you should make this thread because I had a very similar experience last week. I too hadn't worn it in years mainly because it reminds me of a girl I used to date who really liked this stuff, but unlike you I haven't worn it recently because it's actually too strong.

Maybe my definition of strong has been a bit calibrated after some of the powerhouse fragrances I've tried as of late, but I sprayed my arm the other week just to remind myself what it smelled like and it was much, much better than I recall it and the potency lasted me well into the next day.

I actually liked it so much from that one spray that in the starting line-up thread that was a few days ago, I actually put this as my going out scent, will definitely be wearing it more now. This is really high quality stuff that I dare say is worth the several hundred dollar price tag it's going for now. If you're going to spend that money on a niche fragrance, you might as well get this

I have a problem with Envy because it lasts damn long. It's great outdoor scent. However,I always want to wash off whenever I get home. The scent also stick to fabric ( like scarf, sweater ) which bothers me.

Quote Originally Posted by heperd View Post
    Are there Perfumania stores in Canada? They still stock it occasionally in the stores, not online though.
    nope, but there are a lot of little hole in the wall shops, so I'll check them out. What's a good price for a bottle of this stuff? I see it on Amazon for like $200+....

nope, but there are a lot of little hole in the wall shops, so I'll check them out. What's a good price for a bottle of this stuff? I see it on Amazon for like $200+....
    On eBay from a user with good reviews for $160 so there's a start

daaaaaaaaaaaaaayam....

Wish me luck....

Blog Entries

I got my 3.4oz bottle for $100 from a fragrance kiosk of all places. Also check out your local discounters (even local pharmacies), you might be able to score other discontinued fragrances for cheap, you'll never know. ;-)

I'm always amused when a high quality designer fragrance costs in the upper hundred because it's discontinued or rare, everyone gets up in arms but when a Creed or a Bond #9 costs that much, everyone is just like "oh well, that's what it costs" :P

I scored some 100ml bottles for $59.99. A few weeks ago a friend of mine got a 50ml on ebay for $35. Some private sellers dont know what they have. I know i saw a few stray bottles at a sephora last year. If I only knew.......

Same thing is probably going to happen to Gucci PH I. Its already being scalped on ebay and amazon but there are still plenty of bottles at Sephoras.

Banned

As I say, it is, indeed, rich and luxurious ↓↓↓

Envy for Men by Gucci
    - A citrus opening unfolds from the mandarin orange, mixing with heaps of spicy ginger, a dash of pepper, globs of sweetness from fruity coriander and the licorise of anise. This delectable concoction stews on a backdrop of fruity rosewood. The savory opening meanders and collides with the middle. This heart is a mishmash of floral with its rose and jasmine, tempered by the zingy carnation, dry woods from its cedar and sandalwood, as well as the soft sweetness of nutmeg, and meshes with the spicy ginger. The melange flows to the comforting base and is usurped by it. This refreshing base with its minty patchouli, smoky incense, hints of tobacco and leather, earthy vetiver, sweet vanilla and amber carries the composition to its drydown. This rich and luxurious fragrance has good longevity and projection.

My favorite Gucci scent by far and I've smelled Gucci I and II It has a certain "Guerlainesque" quality to me. It also reminds me of a toned down version of the Houbigant Fougere Royale reissue. Very nice indeed, although I would not pay more than $60 for a bottle as I feel that the longevity is lacking.

Any day with Gucci Envy for men is a good day...I repeat, any day

It's such a shame it had to be disontinued. I have high hopes it might return in style (wait, it already is "the style") one day.

Great scents indeed, also highly complimented and versatile during almost any weather

Gucci Envy shines in a romantic and special evening, ESPECIALLY with vintage version.
    " In a world of 1s and 0s...are you a zero, or The One? "

Perhaps an off-topic, but ... I saw a stack of six 100ml of them today tucked in a small suburban pharmacy, discounted down to $65!? Am I dreaming or it's just my lucky day? I can see them going for over $200 on Amazon and Ebay ... FTW!?

BTW, Gucci Envy is still very easy to purchase in Australia. A lot of shops still stock it.
    La vita breve, la morte vien.

Wanted!!! Rectoverso Tea Tobacco by Ulric de Varens. PM Me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seems pretty easy to purchase in Canada too. Found a few stores with 100 ml bottles for around $80. I'm wearing the stuff now, and I'm still on the fence... I'm wondering if I should buy a bottle just so I don't regret it later when it's no longer available.

I could see this particular frag working well with a suit...
    Projection is wild too

Seems pretty easy to purchase in Canada too. Found a few stores with 100 ml bottles for around $80. I'm wearing the stuff now, and I'm still on the fence... I'm wondering if I should buy a bottle just so I don't regret it later when it's no longer available.

I could see this particular frag working well with a suit...
    Projection is wild too
    Personally I think it's a bit too wild and loud to wear with a suit, I think it's far better suited (no pun intended) for a night out where you're trying to get a lot of attention (and I mean more in terms of a crowded venue, I think it's even too loud for a one-on-one date). Suit fragrances strike me being as more refined and subtle, neither word which I would use to describe Envy

Quote Originally Posted by Sidney_Falco View Post
    Personally I think it's a bit too wild and loud to wear with a suit, I think it's far better suited (no pun intended) for a night out where you're trying to get a lot of attention (and I mean more in terms of a crowded venue, I think it's even too loud for a one-on-one date). Suit fragrances strike me being as more refined and subtle, neither word which I would use to describe Envy

You might have a point. I think this is the most powerful frag I have encountered thus far

Its been years since I saw a bottle of this and unfortunately impossible to find here.
    The Dreamer from Versace: what does this scent have that is so alluring and enticing towards the opposite sex ?

Still kind of disappointed I got a "defective" bottle of this. I'm assuming whoever had it left it in the heat or sun too much, it was very weak, with 4 sprays onto the same spot I could barely smell it. I think that tainted my experience with it, oh well...now Gucci PH II, there's something I can stand behind.

Found one for $75 so I guess I'll bite >.<

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by starshipvelcro View Post
    Still kind of disappointed I got a "defective" bottle of this. I'm assuming whoever had it left it in the heat or sun too much, it was very weak, with 4 sprays onto the same spot I could barely smell it. I think that tainted my experience with it, oh well...now Gucci PH II, there's something I can stand behind.
    Maybe it's just old and juice in the atomizer had gone bad. Spray a few more sprays to clear it out, then give it a shot again.

An utterly gorgeous romantic evening scent.

I have maybe 20ml of a 100ml bottle left, and I use it sparingly. It is no doubt an excellent fragrance, but I get much of the same effect with Carven Homme, of which I have two full 100ml bottles. To the untrained nose, they are very similar. Still love the Envy. Now, if I could only find some Rush at a decent price. Gucci discontinues all the good ones, and keeps cranking out the chaff.

Dependent

I really like Envy, but don't care for Carven Homme. I think Carven's sweet vanilla and florals are what killed it for me. Envy is more aromatic than sweet, and I like that.

Wearing Envy today. I do like it but definitely see this as more of a night-time frag.

The ginger opening is really nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Baldini View Post
    I have maybe 20ml of a 100ml bottle left, and I use it sparingly. It is no doubt an excellent fragrance, but I get much of the same effect with Carven Homme, of which I have two full 100ml bottles. To the untrained nose, they are very similar. Still love the Envy. Now, if I could only find some Rush at a decent price. Gucci discontinues all the good ones, and keeps cranking out the chaff.
    Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyBars View Post
    I really like Envy, but don't care for Carven Homme. I think Carven's sweet vanilla and florals are what killed it for me. Envy is more aromatic than sweet, and I like that.
    I agree that Carven Homme is very similar to Envy, but the vanilla sets it apart. I also find that Carven Homme doesn't last nearly as well as Envy.

Another one that I find somewhat similar is Crabtree & Evelyn Sandalwood, which I actually prefer to Envy.
    Just because it happened to you doesn't make it interesting.

In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is.

My sales thread: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/304...85#post2614885

Wanted: YSL Nu EdP

my scent of the day and night