Code of Conduct

Default No. 5 EDP Reformulation?

Hi y'all,

I was at my local Bay today and I tried No. 5 EDP and it is very different. I have a bottle (circa 2009, give or take) and it smells WONDERFUL. It is soapy, creamy and oh so luxurious (from start to finish). I tried the EDP today and it was harsh and did not smell like the one I have at home. I actually went with the EDT as it smells more like my 2009, just a little more vintage.

Am I losing my marbles or does anyone else notice a change in the EDP?

C xx

Blog Entries

Default Re: No. 5 EDP Reformulation?

What do you mean, Bay, is that a Dept store? Probably the sample has been cooked from sitting out under hot lights.

Quote Originally Posted by kumquat View Post
    What do you mean, Bay, is that a Dept store? Probably the sample has been cooked from sitting out under hot lights.
    The Bay is a Canadian Dept Store. I thought that too but there was a fairly new one sitting out (there were 2) and the other one smelt the exact same. It was almost like a rubbery heavy smell.

Quote Originally Posted by kumquat View Post
    The Bay is a Canadian Dept Store. I thought that too but there was a fairly new one sitting out (there were 2) and the other one smelt the exact same. It was almost like a rubbery heavy smell.

I, personally, have not noticed any obvious changes in the edp in the last several years ...which doesn't mean there haven't been any, of course. However, perfume ages the some way wine ages - perhaps the differences you're perceiving are simply a result of your edp having matured and mellowed over the past few years. Chanels age beautifully btw, when kept under the right conditions. I've never had one turn on me, though they definitely evolve over time.
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Blog Entries

The thing about testing in Dept stores is that you need to let it sit on the skin for an hour, at least 1/2 hour. It will mellow and you'll have a much better idea of the actual scent. The SA's always want to push you into buying on the spot. Just walk away and let the scent bloom on the skin.

I am just not a fan of EDT or EDP when parfum is available. The perfume is always more beautiful and well worth the $. It's the way the scent was originally designed.

Blog Entries

I recently received a travel set of the EdP, and I thought it smelled better than I remembered it...smoother and sunnier somehow. It was a made in France set...no clue what they do with No. 5

Dans La Nuit Vers Le Jour Sans Adieu Je Reviens Vers Toi.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Fleurine View Post
    I recently received a travel set of the EdP, and I thought it smelled better than I remembered it...smoother and sunnier somehow. It was a made in France set...no clue what they do with No. 5
    There's your clue, "made in France". The Canadian stuff must not be as good.