Code of Conduct
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
    Sound Scents

Default Re: O'Driù brings Niche back to its place (Olfactive Obsessions)

Quote Originally Posted by forfreddie View Post
    Hey guys
    Ok so I finally bought Leva...My one question - do any of you attatch the spray pump? I have heard nothing but bad thinks about those pump/puff things, or do you all splash? decant into a spray bottle? I know it's an amateur question but, just wondering what you guy do with your juices
    Also a strange design to have such large bottles (100ml?) and part fill them for 50ml?
    First off congrats on the purchase, Freddie. As to the sprayer attachment, yes, I use it. I have no real problem with it except it is rather bulky and sprays a lot of juice out at one time.
    Current Top Favorites:
    1) Portrait of a Lady original formula (EdP Frédéric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage/V.I.P. for Men (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
    3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
    4) Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio) - tie
    4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie

6) Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)
    9) Javanese Patchouli (Zegna) - tie
    9) Monsieur de Givenchy vintage (Givenchy) - tie
    9) Coeur de Vetiver Sacré (L'Artisan) - tie
    9) X for Men (Clive Christian) - tie
    9) Patou pour Homme Privé (Jean Patou) - tie

Quote Originally Posted by drseid View Post
    First off congrats on the purchase, Freddie. As to the sprayer attachment, yes, I use it. I have no real problem with it except it is rather bulky and sprays a lot of juice out at one time.
    Thanks for your input drseid. I've never used one before - do you think the whole evapouration thing is a valid point and when spending so much money on these that it could become a future issue? I'm never normally this fussy with fragrance, I sound like I'm babbling on about Creed batch numbers or something - just curious, I just keep staring at it not being sure what to do :')
    Some of the tester bottles at Campomarzio had the pumps attached (the tester bottles are clear plain cynlindrical) and although there was clearly plenty of juice in there, the pump attachment wasn't spraying anything out of them, I had to unscrew the caps and dab on a strip to sniff it.
    And thanks on the congrats! I'm really thrilled with it.

Sound Scents

Quote Originally Posted by forfreddie View Post
    Thanks for your input drseid. I've never used one before - do you think the whole evapouration thing is a valid point and when spending so much money on these that it could become a future issue?
    Well, I may need to eat my words many years down the line, but I personally am not too worried about major evaporation. I guess time will tell...
    Current Top Favorites:

8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)

Dependent

freddie, you could decant it into a sprayer . . . I use those cheap little disposable droppers, and these sprayers:

http://www.newdirectionsaromatics.co...ter-p-152.html

Meanwhile in O'Driu land . . .

Still making it through my big group of samples from last year. Yesterday I tried Vis et Honor. Another of the original O'Driu group, it belongs with the 1000 series, though it seems to have a tarry, smokey accord, perhaps (unrectified) birch tar, that makes it darker and more intense than many others. Very animalic castoreum in this one too, with broad strokes of immortelle and wormwood. Subtle hint of cumin as well. Tarry effects aren't my favorite, but I can't deny the quality of this composition and its good longevity.

I would not trust the pump sprayer...a quick test you could do, turn it upside down and see if anything drips out. I tried that with my guerlain bottle and it definitely drips out, I would not trust the exposure to air. Not only would you be worrying about the amount left, but also the smell itself could change. I just wouldn't risk it, decant into an atomizer is always my choice.

Grrrr. My notification on this thread had turned off again so I didn't know that there were posts.

So, well done Freddie! Congrats. I didn't like Leva personally but I did understand what it was about (I hope!) it and I do think that it is well done. Enjoy!

I don't use the pump on my Linfidele, and as MB suggested, I've decanted some into a small atomiser for easy use.

Italians use to give in to the temptation before anyone!

"Collezione Genesi": created in 2011, the first, true and original temptation.
    A pity, for the other ones.

Human mind has often memory areas that are nothing more than notes or simple data.
    These data are often subjectively rethought, but they come from a collective knowledge, from social superstructure or from simple cultural acquisitions.
    If it would be possible, metaphorising, “copying and pasting” all these information contained in our mind to reproduce them in reality, we would appear like nihilistic individuals without a goal neither an ethic.
    That’s why human being is different from a computer, human being doesn’t copy and paste but works out again, adds and often brings emotions starting from simple points.
    But the source of these notes still is fundamental… Here so that one day, whichever day of the week, the first man and the first woman were born, in the form of an articulated but disarticulated perfume: “Ladamo” (the Adam) and “Leva” (the Eva).
    Was 1st September 2011, when Angelo Orazio Pregoni introduced these new O’Driù fragrances at Pitti Fragranze, and it will be in September 2013 at the same selective perfumery meeting that “Collezione Genesi” will be enriched by two more perfumes: “Leden” (the Eden) and “Linferno” (the Hell).
    «When I thought to this collection», Angelo Orazio Pregoni tells, «I’ve tried to copy the God of Genesis! I obviously immediately realised that the “good and bad” topic was a very trite one, and I even wasn’t so sure to be able to avoid the risk of kitsch or -even worst- of caricature.
    So I gave up with God and I copied my neighbor and his wife!
    Moreover, to avoid stereotypes I thought my neighbors exactly as they are: two living together individuals!
    If someone a day should propose again the topic of Genesis in a fragrance, he would have the disadvantage of not knowing my neighbors. That’s all!
    »
    So, we just have to wait “Leden” and “Linferno”.

Quote Originally Posted by O'Driù helpdesk View Post

Italians use to give in to the temptation before anyone!

"Collezione Genesi": created in 2011, the first, true and original temptation.
    A pity, for the other ones.

Human mind has often memory areas that are nothing more than notes or simple data.
    These data are often subjectively rethought, but they come from a collective knowledge, from social superstructure or from simple cultural acquisitions.
    If it would be possible, metaphorising, “copying and pasting” all these information contained in our mind to reproduce them in reality, we would appear like nihilistic individuals without a goal neither an ethic.
    That’s why human being is different from a computer, human being doesn’t copy and paste but works out again, adds and often brings emotions starting from simple points.
    But the source of these notes still is fundamental… Here so that one day, whichever day of the week, the first man and the first woman were born, in the form of an articulated but disarticulated perfume: “Ladamo” (the Adam) and “Leva” (the Eva).
    Was 1st September 2011, when Angelo Orazio Pregoni introduced these new O’Driù fragrances at Pitti Fragranze, and it will be in September 2013 at the same selective perfumery meeting that “Collezione Genesi” will be enriched by two more perfumes: “Leden” (the Eden) and “Linferno” (the Hell).
    «When I thought to this collection», Angelo Orazio Pregoni tells, «I’ve tried to copy the God of Genesis! I obviously immediately realised that the “good and bad” topic was a very trite one, and I even wasn’t so sure to be able to avoid the risk of kitsch or -even worst- of caricature.
    So I gave up with God and I copied my neighbor and his wife!
    Moreover, to avoid stereotypes I thought my neighbors exactly as they are: two living together individuals!
    If someone a day should propose again the topic of Genesis in a fragrance, he would have the disadvantage of not knowing my neighbors. That’s all!
    »
    So, we just have to wait “Leden” and “Linferno”.
    LOL

Brüno, is that you?

Quote Originally Posted by alfarom View Post
    I recently went to Rome for my usual pre-Christmas trip. Visited a bunch of old friends, done some shopping and made my mandatory pilgrimage to the three Campomarzio70 stores...

My first stop was at their store in Via Vittoria (just next to Piazza Di Spagna) where I had the honour to discover a very interesting (and so far obscure) italian brand: O'Driù

Here're a few infos I took from their website...

What is the alchemical process that turns a fragrance into the essence of the soul? When can we say that we feel penetrated by a particular scent which we recognise as our very own in a pure and unconsciously conscious state?

When this happens, it is Perfume. When this happens, we can call it an event.

O’DRIÙ is a limited edition collection of hand-crafted perfumes which were presented at this year’s Pitti Uomo. Just a few months later, O’DRIÙ’s uniqueness was reasserted in its recent success at Pitti Fragranze with two new “handmade” creations, the first two members of the GENESI (Genesis) family: LADAMO (Adam) andLEVA (Eve).

O’DRIÙ, an anagram that conceals a Druid, is an amalgamation of two Celtic words: oak and wisdom. The full meaning of the term “Druid” is actually “he who knows through the oak”, so through signs carved on the bark, but also through the signs of the natural world. This explains why O’DRIÙ is a perfume created wholly from natural essences. Angelo Orazio has perhaps even impressed a magic sign on each of these essences which, through our nose, reaches the unconscious mind like a new sensitivity, an emancipation.

The fragrances....

GENESI SERIE

LADAMO:
    TOP NOTES
    earth, roots, wind, magnolia, ginger

MIDDLE NOTES
    liquorice, sandalwood, tobacco, the hug of a woman

BASE NOTES
    mimosa, juniper, lichens, a bath in the water

Hand made in 200 pieces from a single production
    Conceived in 2011
    Price: 180 euro

LEVA:
    TOP NOTES
    grapefruit, jasmine, black pepper, under the sun

MIDDLE NOTES
    curcuma, vanilla, jatamansi,
    the nightmare that reveals the pleasure

BASE NOTES
    lemongrass, benjamin, broad bean, a smell in the wood

Hand made in 200 pieces from a single production
    Conceived in 2011
    Price: 180 euro

-------------------------------------

ALCHIMIA DI PROFUMO SERIE

LALTROVE 1001:
    TOP NOTES
    grape-fruit, black pepper, peony, anise

MIDDLE NOTES
    angelica, orange, cinnamon, sweet marjoram, wormwood, cypriol

BASE NOTES
    sandal, musk, rosemary, sage

Number of pieces: 29
    Conceived in 2011
    Price: 380 euro

LATLROVE 1002:
    TOP NOTES
    jasmine, chamomile, rose, mandarin, neroli

MIDDLE NOTES
    geranium, carnation, cedar, lavender

BASE NOTES
    mimosa, wormwood, cinnamon, saffron, anise, patchouli

Conceived in 2011

LINFEDELE 1003:
    TOP NOTES
    leather, laurel, pine, orange

MIDDLE NOTES
    incense, galbanum, amyris, jasmine, yerba mate

BASE NOTES
    juniper, myrrh, myrtle, tobacco, styrax

Conceived in 2011

LINFEDELE 1004:
    TOP NOTES
    sauvage notes, dill, orange, turmeric

MIDDLE NOTES
    coffee, toasted kamut, petitgrain, cloves, patchouli

BASE NOTES
    incense, ylang ylang, cardamom, myrrh, vanilla

Conceived in 2011

LONDA 1005:

TOP NOTES
    saltiness, smoky notes, mint, lemon, pine

MIDDLE NOTES
    lemongrass, lavender, sweet basil, ginger, cumin

BASE NOTES
    vetiver, musk, wormwood, green tea, sirocco

Conceived in 2011

LONDA 1006:
    TOP NOTES
    marine notes, mandarin, lavender, niaouli, thyme

MIDDLE NOTES
    lemongrass, sage, sweet basil, myrtle, carnation, styrax

BASE NOTES
    grape-fruit, bergamot, magnolia, black pepper, mimosa

Conceived in 2011

LAFRO:
    TOP NOTES
    jasmine, mandarin, tarragon, afa

MIDDLE NOTES
    cumin, lemon, goat milk, oxidized silver

BASE NOTES
    incence, orange-flower, dry grass, musk

Number of pieces: 18
    Conceived in 2011
    Price: 240 euro

VIS ET HONOR:
    TOP NOTES
    bitter battle, smoked notes, chlorophyll,
    chamomile, fox fur

MIDDLE NOTES
    olive, mimosa, myrtle, juniper, galbanum

BASENOTES
    laurel, cardamom, bitter almond,
    wormwood, incence, lichens

Number of pieces: 49
    Conceived in 2011
    Price: 270 euro

---------------------------------------------

ALCHIMIA DI PROFUMO LITD EDITION is a unique fragrance “tailor made”.
    Angelo Orazio Pregoni has created an original nuance of 1000ml dedicated to the need and emotions of its owner. The perfume is protected from the light in its special black bottle of Murano blown glass. The silver ring sculptured in investment casting, covered with rhodium and engraved in pink opens the secret door to the alchimia of your own perfume. The perfume is conserved in O’Driù’s laboratory and will be made available in 100ml ampoules at the chosen point of sale as required.

LALFEOGRIGIO:
    TOP NOTES
    orange, elemi, jasmine, rose

MIDDLE NOTES
    broad bean tonka, geranium, wormwood, capsicum

BASE NOTES
    sandal, musk, angelica, tobacco, coffee

Number of pieces: 8
    Conceived in 2011
    Price: 888 euro

LALFEOROSA:
    TOP NOTES
    petitgrain, vanilla, chamomile, rose

MIDDLE NOTES
    broad bean tonka, geranium, jasmine, capsicum, lavender

BASE NOTES
    mimosa, incense, cinnamon, saffron, patchouli

Number of pieces: 8
    Conceived in 2011
    Price: 888 euro

-----------------------------------------------

So far I had the chance to sample both LAFRO and LADAMO. Will report back very soon with my personal impressions...experiences with this brand anyone?

For additional infos you can check their website at www.odriu.it
    I love the bottles. Very modern and sexy.

Sorry about replying/reposting with all the pictures and everything. Oops...

Quote Originally Posted by O'Driù helpdesk View Post
    Pure genius!

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

Dependent

Getting around to my last two samples.

Laltrove 1001: Another hammerstroke from Angelo. This one has big immortelle and cumin, and a urinous castoreum-patchouli drydown. Rather crude and a bit too much for me. Superior longevity.
    Last edited by MonkeyBars; 25th February 2013 at 10:11 PM.

Just received these samples in the mail. What a presentation! 14 samples, all packaged like this just for the cost of shipping. Can't wait to try them all out.

Attached Images Attached Images

Sound Scents

Prepare to be amazed, null set. :-)

Continuing with my own samples, here are my thoughts on Supercilium (as BN still does not have a review page up for it)...

Supercilium

Supercilium goes on with a somewhat toned down presentation of the trademark O'driu house signature of culinary herbs and spice while adding a hint of fiery chile pepper (capsicum) into the mix. Underneath the herbs and spice lies very sharp woody vetiver that slowly emerges. During the early heart phase the spices slightly recede as the sharp vetiver takes the fore with warmth from the capsicum playing co-star with traces of lemongrass adding further support. As Supercilium enters the final dry-down, the vetiver remains in full force, while the spice and capsicum recede to allow a relatively dry real sandalwood note from the base to reveal itself, meshing with the vetiver and lemongrass to finish off the scent as the overall accord fades very slowly. Projection is very good and longevity is truly exceptional at over 24 hours on skin (even more-so as this is a 100% natural composition).

Vetiver is one of my favorite notes, but I really did not know what to expect with Supercilium (and its sister scent Subcilium) that O'driu bills as a "Vetyver Experience," as the note has been used just about every which way (or so I thought). I should have known that a super-talented nose like Angelo Orazio Pregoni would not be satisfied with releasing a "me too" type of vetiver scent, and certainly Supercilium is anything but. Sure, there are aspects of Supercilium that smell similar to many other O'driu concoctions with its trademark house blend of herbs that you find in one way or another in most of their compositions, but the addition of the sharp woody vetiver into the mix as the star while toning down the herbal mix just a hair a la their own Linfedele Haiku is truly something special. The vetiver is aromatic and almost woody in its nature, while the supporting lemongrass gives it a crucial slightly citric element; the notes of the overall accord blending *perfectly*. As Supercilium dries down and the sandalwood emerges, the final piece of the puzzle is unveiled as I detect just the faintest hint of sweetness late (though the scent is far from sweet on the whole). I can honestly say that Supercilium is a complete success and one of the best fragrances O'driu has released to date, taking the starring note into virgin territory. The fragrance is only available as a 44 piece limited edition and is very expensive in relative terms at 270 euros per 50ml bottle, but the amazing skill and innovation along with the resulting outstanding composition and stunning performance is very worthy of its lofty price tag and I look forward to adding it to my collection tout suite (though my wallet does not share the enthusiasm). Supercilium earns an extremely enthusiastic "Top 10" caliber rating of 4.5+ stars out of 5.
    Current Top Favorites:

8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)

Thanks drseid. Fantastic review as always! Well done null set! Look forward to seeing you back here with your thoughts and comments.

I wore a full wear of Linfidele 1003 the other day for the first time in a wee while and it was really fantastic.

Has anybody ordered the Peety/Eva Kant sample set which is now available on their website? If yes, when it arrives could you tell me if it's worth the 30 Euros? I'm not sure if I should order it or not, it seems a bit pricey for just two samples, especially when you compare it with the regular sample set where you get 14,15 samples for about 10 Euros, even if it has some special packaging.
    Last edited by hoschhti; 20th November 2013 at 04:46 PM.
    FAVOURITES:

1. Dia Man
    2. Tawaf
    3. Skin Graft
    4. Vitrum
    5. Norne
    6. Hindu Kush

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by hoschhti View Post
    Has anybody ordered the Peety/Eva Kant sample set which is now available on their website? If yes, when it arrives could you tell me if it's worth the 30 Euros? I'm not sure if I should order it or not, it seems a bit pricey for just two samples, especially when you compare it with the regular sample set where you get 14,15 samples for about 10 Euros, even if it has some special packaging.
    I ordered the set last week. Even if it might be steep for two samples, it more than balances with the ridiculously low price paid for the previous sample set.

I'll post specifics when the pack arrives.

Sound Scents

Quote Originally Posted by juanderer View Post
    I ordered the set last week. Even if it might be steep for two samples, it more than balances with the ridiculously low price paid for the previous sample set.
    Agreed. It is unfair, IMO, to compare the cost of the new kit to the original sample set that was an obvious major loss-leader for O'driu (the International shipping costs were considerably more than the price of the kit alone in the case of the US). It was extremely generous of O'driu to offer the samples for that cost but the price requested in no way represented the value received.
    Current Top Favorites:

8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)

Hi everyone!!

Unfortunately i am a little late to this brand and many of the fragrances everyone mentions are just nonexistant nowadays...I wanted to ask if someone knows if there's any chance of finding past fragrances prom this brand. I bought my lovely Eva Kant not long ago, and along with it came 2 samples: Peety, which i adore and will buy for sure, and Laccordo...Omg..Laccordo... such a beauty and here it stands as a wonderful mistery as i can't find its notes here on basenotes and it is not even listed in fragrantica...i sense some bitter almond, some powdery florals specially jasmine, cinnamon, all of these notes opposed to what to me smells like a very sharp dense herbal scent..very piercing...darn i want a bottle of this beauty so badly. The only downside is that it starts REALLY harsh and potent but dies to a quite soft (yet beautiful) scent in about 30-45 mins. I'd also love to find sample packs as the one shown above which have the least known fragrances they own (not Peety nor Eva Kant). If anyone knows i'd be really really grateful..unfortunately i have the feeling that these little pieces of art are going to be quite a pain in the a$$ (sorry for the bad languaje, but i needed it..) both to try and to test...
    Last edited by dhoakohime; 18th April 2014 at 04:18 PM.

Suggest contacting them directly
    http://www.odriu.eu/store/contact-us

For a bit of current info. & videos, etc., please see
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/371...lations-on-Art

Thanks Ipp!

Yep i thought about contacting them directly, but that will be like my last resort. I wanted to try asking around here first to see if i had any luck and also to know about others experiences with this brand.

We have a Marketplace here where members sell/swap/etc., but it's unlikely that these will be listed there as they're made in such limited quantities & tend to be treasured by those fortunate enough to have some of them.

As you've been a member for over a year, it may be worth starting a thread in the 'Wanted' section.

We don't trade samples or other quantities in the discussion threads 'though as it's not permitted.

There are a few that I keep intending to submit for inclusion in the Directory and will try to do that shortly.

Mine have mostly been 'blind buys' and very happy ones
    Last edited by lpp; 19th April 2014 at 09:34 AM.

To the OP

First, O'Driu staff are lovely to deal with. Very personable and helpful. I've tried most of their line and have been impressed with all of them. Eva Kant is currently in heavy rotation in my house. An absolute beauty.

I know that BNers are very generous so take lpps suggestion and start a thread. You never know.

Cheers Rex
    What did Obi-Wan say to Luke at the dinnertable?
    Use the fork, Luke.

J5270_mkt_odri_WET_V04.jpg

WET DREAM – COMING PERFUMERY

A new style by O’DRIÙ is born, based on a creative fecundity, totally independent and free from all the ties and stereotypes.

Milan, July 4, 2014 – the official date of the birth of WET DREAM – Coming Perfumery, a new phenomena of style created by Angelo Orazio Pregoni aka O’DRIÙ, made to define the world of the perfumery just right from the inside, giving it a complete, real independence in the search for the new expressive horizons.
    WET DREAM – Coming Perfumery is a creative research, through which the sensory area, de-programmed from the stereotypes of mass market perfumery and commonplaces of that one “of niche”, finds centrality, authenticity, strength again and recovers the original fertility of sensations, emotions and thoughts.
    That’s why, in order to define itself, this phenomenon uses metaphor of an erotic dream: if the dream state is where the emotions are sublimated - of which the senses are both subject and object - in the same way WET DREAMS flow and find their way to the creative energy - or, rather, the creative fecundity - of the perfumery, embroiled in the schemes abused by marketing.
    In this way, the perfume scent produces olfactory “orgasms” that are finally awaken from the sensory numbness and brings you to a conceptual reality, which is much more interesting from the intellectual point of view, not only just from the sensorial one.
    WET DREAM- Coming Perfumery is not a company, an association, a movement or a consortium: it is a philosophy that proposes a different approach to create perfumes. A continuous expression research and the constant transformations of its own codes make WET DREAM impossible to frame in the commercial schemes and the commercial reference categories: the only dogma are the key points with which it is founded. That is where the definition of Coming Perfumery comes from: a perfume that “lives” always one step ahead of the present moment, whose identity is defined by what it will be tomorrow much more than what it is in the instant, from which it is being observed.

 The creative process has no restrictions and is no bond of sorts, but remains as free as an original mindset.

 The act of creating a perfume is concrete act and conceptual act brought together.

 Perfume is a form of communication and expression and as such can join any cultural phenomenon, expressing itself by any language of society, culture or art.

 Perfume as a product is a result of a creative process that represents an expression in its entirety and has a value or disvalue in its totality.

 There may exist various forms of expression linked to the fragrance, these forms represent the habitat of a fragrance’s origin. Commercial categories do not exist, only categories of theexpression are meaningful.

 The olfactory analysis of a perfume is a sub cultural distortion: perfume cannot be described through the ingredients, but only through the olfactory vibrations, unharmonious oscillations of emotions, not of smells.

Thanks for the info. .

Is there a release date for these please?

p.s. - That's a great-looking logo!
    Last edited by lpp; 7th July 2014 at 09:10 AM.
    Directory contribution link:-
    http://www.basenotes.net/contribute.php

Quote Originally Posted by lpp View Post
    Thanks for the info. .

Is there a release date for these please?

p.s. - That's a great-looking logo!
    July 4, 2014...

Thanks - via The Pleasure Factory, or elsewhere?

Quote Originally Posted by lpp View Post
    Thanks - via The Pleasure Factory, or elsewhere?
    Via my mind!

Angelo

Cool - will have to concentrate then

Basenotes Plus

Osmose them from the mind into a bottle.

Quote Originally Posted by juanderer View Post
    Osmose them from the mind into a bottle.
    It is not a perfume! It is a "manifesto"!

A brave manifesto - thanks for sharing with us