Code of Conduct

Default Fan di Fendi pour homme assoluto

Saw this on NST : http://www.nstperfume.com/2014/01/18...new-fragrance/

Anybody tried it?

I like the original Fan di Fendi pour homme - nothing brilliant but easy to wear. Never tried the Acqua flanker. YMMV
    I smell marshmallows!

Banned
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Fan di Fendi pour homme assoluto

Neither recent Fendi releases got any attention on here..
    They seem like safe/boring run of the mill designer releases..

Not a fan of any of them either, I am sure this will be the same.

The Acqua was so bad I trashed it. Ewwwwww.....

Once again I will be forced to go to Macys and have to deal with the awful people that work there. I wish all these "exclusives" were at Dillards because the guys that work there are over the top nice and helpful.

I expect it to smell like every other 1 Million Light/Spicebomb frag released in the last 2 years. Of course they suck me in with the oud note though. Cant help it. I always hold out hope when oud is listed.
    *BASENOTES SPLITS*
    Creed Green Irish Tweed, Millesime Imperial, AVENTUS
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/289345-
    *CRYSTAL FLACON SPLITS*
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?p=927#927

*BIG SALE- Chanel, Dior, Creed, Mona di Orio, Puredistance....
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/383...re#post3178152

Quote Originally Posted by vinramani09 View Post
    Not a fan of any of them either, I am sure this will be the same.
    Ditto and agree.

(3139)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Did not try it, but thanks for the info.

Already liking Fan di Fendi and if its notes are having additional longevity and strength in this version, it can only be even better.

Blog Entries

I was surprised by these - the Acqua started off OK, but rapidly went "no thanks" on my skin. The regular version is actually a bit old-school - I was surprised. A little more oakmoss and it might have been really good. So I will definitely want to sample this - the concentration may push things into the "buy" region.

I would like to at least try it, but it is not in the Macy's I frequent, online only.

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post
    I was surprised by these - the Acqua started off OK, but rapidly went "no thanks" on my skin. The regular version is actually a bit old-school - I was surprised. A little more oakmoss and it might have been really good. So I will definitely want to sample this - the concentration may push things into the "buy" region.
    I was surprised at how "old school" the original was. Then it fell apart in 30 seconds. I could only smell the oakmoss for about that long.

I dont have high hopes for the edp but I want to test it just to see if the oud is detectable.

I have to steel myself for another trip to Macys. The last time i went to test Dior Homme Eau I got stuck with a guy pushing Luna Rossa while someone else went to get the DHE tester fro the back. He told about how its a brand new oil based cologne and was made in Paris. When I told him I was about to sneeze he said that he was JUST talking to his colleagues about how you know a cologne is good for your body chemistry if it makes you sneeze right away.
    Last edited by heperd; 4th February 2014 at 01:16 AM.
    *BASENOTES SPLITS*
    *CRYSTAL FLACON SPLITS*

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by heperd View Post
    I was surprised at how "old school" the original was. Then it fell apart in 30 seconds. I could only smell the oakmoss for about that long.

I dont have high hopes for the edp but I want to test it just to see if the oud is detectable.
    I hear you. It seems like the only way they ever try to beef up these new intense / EDP / parfum / extreme / absolute versions is by ramping up the amber, coffeewood or gourmand notes. All for a lack of what is really called for - oakmoss. But it's worth a sniff, even if only for us to chronicle the death of chypre for future generations.

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post
    I hear you. It seems like the only way they ever try to beef up these new intense / EDP / parfum / extreme / absolute versions is by ramping up the amber, coffeewood or gourmand notes. All for a lack of what is really called for - oakmoss. But it's worth a sniff, even if only for us to chronicle the death of chypre for future generations.
    Somehow they were able to replicate a big oakmoss note in Chypre Palatin even with the stupid regulations. why cant they do that in other frags? Or maybe they can but oakmoss just doest test well with the focus groups these days.
    *BASENOTES SPLITS*
    *CRYSTAL FLACON SPLITS*

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by heperd View Post
    Somehow they were able to replicate a big oakmoss note in Chypre Palatin even with the stupid regulations. why cant they do that in other frags? Or maybe they can but oakmoss just doest test well with the focus groups these days.
    I've been wondering the same thing. Thierry Wasser and Guerlain have allegedly brought back Mitsouko and her sisters from the oakmoss grave - is this somebody's captive technology? Perhaps it's too expensive or not crossing big-boy silos in the industry. But I do agree - most chypres aren't likely to get past most focus groups these days. Still, I think that a stronger or safer oakmoss would make a men's EDP or Intense version of Gucci by Gucci Pour Homme possible, and THAT would definitely get people's respect around here, and gin up a few sales, as well.

Won't hurt to sample.

Aqua version is nice for about a half hour out of the 2 hours that it lasts. Rest of it is pretty bad I thought and one of the worst bang for your buck fragrances I have ever smelled in the small time that ive been "collecting". I still wonder if I got a bad sample it was so bad. Saying that I didnt think anything of the first one when it originally came out and dismissed it, but I smelled it on some paper samples in a magazine recently and it actually smelled pretty good. Off hand kinda reminded me of what I would have liked YSL l'homme intense to smell like actually. I might need to give it another shot with that thought in mind. Whatever the case ill try this new one, hopefully its better than aqua.

I it like good dose of pink pepper and oud giving a deep smokey quality. Bottle looks nice with the deep orange jus.

I have this and it smells pretty damn good when you first apply it. However it doesn't have the best longevity. I even tried layering it with Iso Super E which helped a little bit, but sadly not enough for me.
    -Cologne is the only fashionable thing that fits me! (Me, circa 1997-present)
    http://www.youtube.com/860cologne

Got to do a paper test of it today.. For what its worth on paper at least to my nose its the worst of the 3. =/

I have tried this and love it. The best o the 3 IMHO, but only because it brought back very good memories of Gucci PH I. And I like it better than the Gucci because it is more wearable.

This is a must buy for me.
    Keep Smelling Good
    ANDREW

I tried this last week at Macy's. I actually liked it quite a bit! I had to come on here and find out what my Basenoters were saying about it! I'ma give it another try after work today. This may end up as a buy for the fall!
    Current Favorites

1. Amouage Reflection Man
    2. Gucci Pour Homme II
    3. Divine L'Homme Sage
    4. By Killian Back to Black
    5. Amouage Interlude
    6. Hermèssence Ambre Narguilé (2004)
    7. By Killian Rose Oud
    8. Serge Lutens Five O'Clock Au Gingembre (2008)
    9. Maison Francis Kurkdjian APOM pour Homme
    10.Creed Royal Water

Quote Originally Posted by VanillaCloud View Post
    Saw this on NST : http://www.nstperfume.com/2014/01/18...new-fragrance/

Anybody tried it?

I like the original Fan di Fendi pour homme - nothing brilliant but easy to wear. Never tried the Acqua flanker. YMMV
    Yes buddy! I love the original Fan Di Fendi with its beautiful soft leather note.. I think Fan Di Fendi is a great modern release and better than most designer frags on the shelf at the moment.. Anyway when Assoluto came out I fell for it from the first time I smelled it.. Just picture a darker intense Fan Di Fendi with a bunch of oud.. It is great!