Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default From POL - "Wear it for a week"

Hello everyone,

Are you interested in trying to wear one of your fragrances for a full week? This is going on over at POL and it looks like they're having quite a bit of fun with it.

We could begin on Sunday and post what fragrance we choose to wear that entire week, comment daily or so on how we're liking it - or not - and just get to know some of our frags a bit better. This means we we wear that frag day, night, for every occasion for the entire week.

What do you think?

I will possibly start with Corps et Ames. It was panned by LT/TS in The Guide; but I really do like it.

Do any of you care to join me?

Default Re: From POL - "Wear it for a week"

I'd love to but I can't.
    I've amassed 100 perfumes in 11 months that haven't been shown ant TLC.
    But if I did it would probably be 34 Boulevard Saint Germain.

This fragrance has so many facets it's like a maze or what do you call those gardens with hedges formed to make getting out fun...I detect a new note and new accord every time i wear it.
    Last edited by hedonist222; 13th December 2011 at 08:34 AM.

for swap/sale:

I will not be able to commit either, I am afraid. Both fragrances from the two previous comments sound totally interesting and I am looking forward to your day-to-day opinions.

We have had this game not too long ago. Then I chose SL Datura Noir only to get so sick of it after four days that I swapped my split bottle away. Haven't felt like wearing it ever since.

It was an interesting experiment but I am not going to risk ruining my pleasure in one of my favourites this time. I also realised that my enjoyment of a scent lessens with the length of consecutive wears so I'll just stick with my routine of using a different fragrance every day.

I just couldn't do it! I know for a fact by day 3 I would have grown to hate whatever I was wearing. Really I don't want to hate any of my perfumes.
    DONNA

Aw...((Seattlelight)). I like the idea, but I doubt I'd be able to follow through. I live in samples these days.

I remember doing this about a year ago with Cristalle (a few of us tried it - see thread link below). It was a really interesting experiment. I'd be prepared give it another go, but may have a hard time choosing the scent - a week is a long time in this game, and I don't think I'm a monogamist by nature!

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/265...ent-for-a-week

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hedonist222 View Post
    I'd love to but I can't.
    I've amassed 100 perfumes in 11 months.
    1+ but as soon as I work my way through my new ones, I might give this a try.
    I may be joining you March 10th-17th from Paris in vintage Diorissimo Parfum, I hope!

Dans La Nuit Vers Le Jour Sans Adieu Je Reviens Vers Toi.

Sorry seattlelight - it is a nice idea, but I've tried this before and utterly failed. I have a hard time spritzing the same perfume at night as I did that morning, so a whole week is definitely beyond my capabilities, lol! I could possibly commit to the same sotd for a week, but I'd be compelled to change my sote each night ...but I don't think that's quite what you have in mind.
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

I bet we could get Larimar to wear Tabac Blond for 7 days straight without a fight.

It's a fun challenge, and everybody should try it at least once. If it were warmer, I bet I could wear Jo Malone Fresh Mint Leaf for a week, easy. It's tougher for me during cold weather.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Blog Entries

I was thinking along the same lines, Quarry! I haven't tried doing it.
    In the new year I would be able to do it, but this year I still have some sampling commitments and challenges
    And in the New Year I could do it with many of my fragrances -- Tolu seems to get me on a kick of wanting more when I wear it. I could possibly wear Yvresse for a week, and both would be lovely for January.

But I'm wondering about #5... would I be able to do it?

Blog Entries

I could do a full week of quite a few floral aldehydes like No. 5, 24 Faubourg, White Linen...just...not...yet...You could do it...

Blog Entries

And, sorry about the question, what is POL?

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Warum View Post
    And, sorry about the question, what is POL?
    I believe it means Perfume of Life a website.

I guess I could give it a try, but not sure which perfume that would be...Maybe I should go through my yearly statistics of most worn to check which one I should go for :P

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Nope. I am too much of a fragrance gigolo these days
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

I will get sick of any fragrances if I wear it for a week and wouldn't touch it for awhile :/

queen of the universe

Now that I found it—after years, years of searching— on ebay, I'm wearing Mollie Parnis for a week. Work worthy, yet far from ordinary, it starts with a ketonic blast, followed by a tuberose/peach (not Mitsouko creamy but astringent)/hot tea vibe, finishing in a little leather, possibly those naughty (environmentally speaking) nitromusks, and smoke. Luxurious and bracing all at once. Shouldn't be too hard. I often do a single frag for two weeks at a time, especially vintage. There's something about those old ingredients that bears exploring; they don't give up all their secrets at once.
    What do insomniac perfumers do to fall asleep? They count chypres!

hi seattlelight, I have actually done this, but not with the intention to do so, with Shalimar edp, and Chanel no. 22 and Songes Annick Goutal, Chanel no. 5, to name some....but I have a sneaking feeling that if I set out with the plan, I may not be able to stick with it! It was meaningful to me though when I did go through those periods of "monogamy" where I just could not get enough of these beauties and they satisfied me day after day after day....
    like lillybelle, I am a bit more in sampling mode right now. I think it's a grand idea, though!
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

I could go for this after the holidays, but for now, I am in a mode of wearing some lesser worn frags, samples and jumping all over the place. Work is one thing, holiday parties are another. Evenings are also different.

Maybe lets try after the new year?! It is a great idea, and I NEED to do this, but not right now.

I couldn't do it on POL and still can't! All my new purchases are SCREAMING at me to be used. :P

And I am a commitmentphobe.
    Facebook group: Perfume Lovers in Singapore, Unite! (You don't have to be in Singapore to join.)

These responses have me laughing because many of the reasons listed not to do it are the very reasons I wish to!

Actually, I've been doing this on my own for a couple of weeks. So far, I've eliminated Amazone (too thin for my taste) and Vetiver pour elle (too one dimensional for my taste) from my favorites collection.

However, I was used to wearing one scent for two to three years at a time in my past, so this is not a new or unpleasant direction for me. So far, both 31 Rue Cambon and Kelly Caleche EDP have passed the "extended use test".

Another compliment on Corps et Ames today and I was disappointed when it faded at the end. It will likely be a keeper!

Frankly, I don't think I value variety as much as I once did.

I agree with cello - it's an interesting idea, but I've accumulated so many samples right now that I want to test, so would have to wait until the New Year.
    I did this for one week in autumn, on holiday with limited packing space. I could take only one sample, so chose Epic Woman as it has so many facets I thought I'd never get tired of it.
    Well, I was wrong, I grew to thoroughly dislike it and now can't stand it!
    Maybe with something quieter, like N'Aimez Que Moi, which I often choose several days a week.

Quote Originally Posted by seattlelight View Post
    These responses have me laughing because many of the reasons listed not to do it are the very reasons I wish to!

Actually, I've been doing this on my own for a couple of weeks. So far, I've eliminated Amazone (too thin for my taste) and Vetiver pour elle (too one dimensional for my taste) from my favorites collection.

However, I was used to wearing one scent for two to three years at a time in my past, so this is not a new or unpleasant direction for me. So far, both 31 Rue Cambon and Kelly Caleche EDP have passed the "extended use test".
    I've definitely had a year or 2 where I've worn the same scent all year! When I am not in my perfume phase (shhh, I have phases where other things take precedent and perfume gets shoved onto the backburner) I tend to wear Narciso Rodriguez for her exclusively.

Now, if I have to think about it consciously....I can't do it! :P
    Facebook group: Perfume Lovers in Singapore, Unite! (You don't have to be in Singapore to join.)

can do. I'll pick diorella. we need to spend more time anyway.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kiliwia View Post
    I believe it means Perfume of Life a website.
    Thanks!

I've never thought of it as a good way to cull the herd, but that makes sense to me. Any fragrance that you still love after a week straight gets a place of honor in the wardrobe. A fragrance you can no longer stand after a week straight, maybe think about moving it out. How many of us dare? For those who cannot decide which fragrance to wear during the full week challenge, why not let the Basenotes "pick yer scent" thingie decide for you? I would do this for the fun of it, but not at this time of year, as others have said. Perhaps in the depths of winter, late January/early February.

Quote Originally Posted by lilybelle View Post
    For those who cannot decide which fragrance to wear during the full week challenge, why not let the Basenotes "pick yer scent" thingie decide for you? .
    I did just that now, and the result is Vol de nuit.I think I can live with that I defenitely haven't worn it as much as it deserves. Starting from when?

Quote Originally Posted by ineespenes View Post
    I did just that now, and the result is Vol de nuit.I think I can live with that I defenitely haven't worn it as much as it deserves. Starting from when?
    Yay! You hit the jackpot with that one. I suppose Seattlelight, the original poster and challenger, would be the one to set the date(?).

Quote Originally Posted by lilybelle View Post
    Yay! You hit the jackpot with that one. I suppose Seattlelight, the original poster and challenger, would be the one to set the date(?).
    Yea, prettty happy about that one Just set a date and I'm in

Let's begin this Monday, December 12!

Those who wish to join later can certainly jump in when the time is right for them.

Next up for me is Insolence EDP.

Shall we just keep posting on this threat? Or should I begin a "Try it for a week - 1" thread? What would be easier?

Quote Originally Posted by jujy54 View Post
    Now that I found it—after years, years of searching— on ebay, I'm wearing Mollie Parnis for a week. Work worthy, yet far from ordinary, it starts with a ketonic blast, followed by a tuberose/peach (not Mitsouko creamy but astringent)/hot tea vibe, finishing in a little leather, possibly those naughty (environmentally speaking) nitromusks, and smoke. Luxurious and bracing all at once. Shouldn't be too hard. I often do a single frag for two weeks at a time, especially vintage. There's something about those old ingredients that bears exploring; they don't give up all their secrets at once.

Mollie Parnis sounds interesting! I've never even heard of it before!

I go through sampling phases too, actually. And currently I'm in my diadic phase with Anucci Man.
    (I had a Must de Cartier EdT phase a few months back. I must have worn it every day for about 3 months.)

So this would be quite easy for me to do.

I'm in. And I already started today December 12, 2011.

I vote for keeping the same thread, seattlelight! Are we supposed to post daily impressions? Or bi-daily?
    [I]"Embrace those things which give you pleasure, after all, there is so much mediocrity to endure elsewhere."[/I] -- [URL="http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?p=1496120#post1496120"]Inselaffe[/URL]

I find it interesting that so many people say they could not stand wearing the same perfume for a week. If somethings really good I don't mind wearing it for days on end. Actually, I like most my perfumes so well I mostly wear them for several days. When I was a teenager I wore (vintage) Miss Balmain almost exclusively, in fact I only swapped now and then to something else to forestall olfactory fatigue.
    So, that would be not problem for me.
    ''Do unto others 20% better than you'd expect them to do unto you to correct for subjective error.''
    (Linus Pauling)

www.aafke-art.com

Just doused myself with vintage diorella. Suits the excellent weather.

Quote Originally Posted by FrouFrou View Post
    I find it interesting that so many people say they could not stand wearing the same perfume for a week. If somethings really good I don't mind wearing it for days on end.
    That's why I think this is a great challenge. I am going to wait because I am still in sampling mode. Next month I'll be up for this.

I understand where you're coming from FrouFrou, but for me, it's nothing against the perfume I'd choose to wear for a week - rather, it's simply about the desire to smell like something else after a while, all the "really good" fragrances that I'd not be wearing at the time. I've had signature scents in my past, too - Lauren, Coco, K de Krizia, 8e Jour, to name just a few - but I was different then and seemed to like that routine more than I do now. I think my bottom line now is, I could do it, but I wouldn't enjoy it as much as I enjoy capriciously wearing whatever I want whenever I want. And I'm lucky - we're all pretty lucky - to have enough choices to always be able to satisfy any cravings I might have. I just don't feel like restricting myself if I don't have to, so I'm clearly not up for the challenge. (Seriously, sometimes even the Friday syncs are too restrictive for me and my moods!)

I adore oysters, and could absolutely eat them every day, but later, if I had crème brûlée waiting for me, I doubt I'd choose more oysters ...nothing against the oysters, of course.

Sorry seattlelight - didn't mean to hijack your thread with another no-go and more excuses. I will be watching for reports and updates from all the participants, though, so good luck and have fun!
    Last edited by Evangeline; 12th December 2011 at 01:44 PM.
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

[QUOTE=Evangeline;2376242]I adore oysters, and could absolutely eat them every day, but later, if I had crème brûlée waiting for me, I doubt I'd choose more oysters ...nothing against the oysters, of course. QUOTE]

How very true!

I'm in. In the New Year though..

Today is the beginning of Insolence week. It feels strong and histrionic as well as very young and carefree. It is contrary to the dry, complex, green type scents I typically prefer. At this point I am asking myself why I purchased it - both the parfum and EDP (for the week, I will wear both, layered) and think of a certain review by a certain perfume expert. Seriously, I don't want to walk out the door wearing this scent.

This one may be more of a seasonal scent, but a few months back, during the Summer, I felt self conscious about it one morning and felt that it just wasn't me and haven't worn it since. It is supposed to be an homage to LHB and this gives me hope that, as the week goes on, those redeeming qualities will reveal themselves. I might need a bit of support to continue to wear it.

Let's post whenever we want to - twice a day would be great - perhaps especially at the end of the day, when we've had a chance for the full day's and evening's experience.

Uh oh. I may have spoke too soon.

I saw my sample vial of Wylde Ivy "Green Grass" and now I'm itching to do a side-by-side comparison. Does having two fragrances count? As long as one of them is your "wear it for a week" one? Or is that cheating?
    [I]"Embrace those things which give you pleasure, after all, there is so much mediocrity to endure elsewhere."[/I] -- [URL="http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?p=1496120#post1496120"]Inselaffe[/URL]

I think I could only do this with a new fragrance or one I'm testing out. I wore Mauboussin several days this past week since it is new to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Aiona View Post
    Uh oh. I may have spoke too soon.

I saw my sample vial of Wylde Ivy "Green Grass" and now I'm itching to do a side-by-side comparison. Does having two fragrances count? As long as one of them is your "wear it for a week" one? Or is that cheating?
    It seems like this would be a great way to do a side by side or multiple side by sides, as long as one of them stays constant and is your WIFAW.

Blog Entries

Today is the beginning of Insolence week. It feels strong and histrionic as well as very young and carefree. It is contrary to the dry, complex, green type scents I typically prefer. At this point I am asking myself why I purchased it - both the parfum and EDP (for the week, I will wear both, layered) and think of a certain review by a certain perfume expert. Seriously, I don't want to walk out the door wearing this scent.

This one may be more of a seasonal scent, but a few months back, during the Summer, I felt self conscious about it one morning and felt that it just wasn't me and haven't worn it since. It is supposed to be an homage to LHB and this gives me hope that, as the week goes on, those redeeming qualities will reveal themselves. I might need a bit of support to continue to wear it.

Let's post whenever we want to - twice a day would be great - perhaps especially at the end of the day, when we've had a chance for the full day's and evening's experience.
    Insolence is a great choice. I have a little mini of it. Violet right? Your description reminds me of how I felt about Fracas, before I fell in love with it.
    Last edited by Fleurine; 12th December 2011 at 08:25 PM.

as long as one of them stays constant and is your WIFAW.
    Good! 'Cuz I was thinking, I was about to eat my cocky words!

Quote Originally Posted by Fleurine View Post
    Insolence is a great choice. I have a little mini of it. Violet right? Your description reminds me of how I felt about Fracas, before I fell in love with it.
    Yes - Insolence has a strong violet note.

Interesting your experience with Fracas - I may be on the same path with Insolence. Today, at about 12:30, during lunch, I received a compliment on how I smelled. It was from my sister, who is very aware of my perfume infatuation and even shares a bit of it with me. "What you're wearing today is very pretty." At first I thought it was my outfit b/c I wore my new low-wedge heel black leather over the knee boots with tights and a swingy black skirt - but then I realized that my outfit is not "pretty". She stated it again and added that she meant the fragrance and then asked which one it was - she was quite emphatic. I showed her the bottle that was in my purse (I did one refresh squirt before lunch).

I have completely changed my mind from this morning. I enjoy Insolence in the far drydown (over 3 hours); it smells wonderful right now (about 6:00 pm). Here is the strange thing: it almost has a chypre quality and for the past several hours, I've been reminded ever so slightly of Jolie Madame (Balmain), which surprises the heck out of me. This smell is the opposite of my work personality. It is frivolous and joyful and I look forward to whether my impressions today will be confirmed tomorrow.

it almost has a chypre quality and for the past several hours, I've been reminded ever so slightly of Jolie Madame (Balmain), which surprises the heck out of me.
    I remember I very much liked Jolie Madame, but was not so fond of Insolence. I think you've inspired me to give Insolence another chance. But not this week, obviously! :P

I can't find the post where someone was worried that they would become anosmic to her fragrance, if she were to wear it for a week straight. That occurred to me today. So, I tried not to overspray today.

But I somehow managed to get it all over my husband's coat, because I dashed out into the rain before I realized I didn't have my coat, so I ran back inside to grab one, but the closest one was my husband's coat. So I put it on. I was so surprised when he picked up his coat after I'd rehung it on the rack, and in an annoyed voice said, "What is this?"

I was certain he could smell Anucci wafting from his coat.

But no, he was pointing to the muddy shoe prints all over it.

"Oh, that was from me picking up Aiona Jr. He got into the mud, and he wouldn't let of his bike, so I had to pick him up. And that's why there's muddy footprints all over your coat."

But not a peep about Anucci. One small spray of Bulgari Omnia and he acts like he's having an anaphylactic reaction, but one spray of Anucci, and all he notices are muddy footprints. I am so amazed!

... (double posted)
    Last edited by Aiona; 13th December 2011 at 02:46 PM. Reason: double posted

Blog Entries

l remember this being done on another perfume blog (was it Perfume Posse?) a while back, & it was interesting to see all the different reactions the experiment produced. Some found they grew to hate or became anosmic to their chosen fragrance, others found new facets to love.

l'm with Evangeline on this one; l enjoy wearing whatever l want, whenever l want. This would just be too restrictive for me, & to use the food analogy, l'm sure that if l ate my favourite food exclusively for a week, it would no longer be my favourite food, however delicious & exquisitely prepared it might be. Nope, l just can't do it.

But l will be following this thread with interest, full of admiration for anyone prepared to try this out. Bravo people!
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

on the second day with diorella. a very large dose of it, in my standards.
    don't know what to say really. it's spring vibe is great. ripe fruits and flowers are what I'm smelling most. it will dry down to a gentle woody skin smell, probably

First day of my week with Shalimar/Vol de nuit layered. Today it seems like the perfect choice since it's so cold outside. I love the woody incence I'm getitng from this. Feeling slightly "overdressed" though :P

Quote Originally Posted by sarıpatates View Post
    on the second day with diorella. a very large dose of it, in my standards.
    don't know what to say really. it's spring vibe is great. ripe fruits and flowers are what I'm smelling most. it will dry down to a gentle woody skin smell, probably
    What do you mean by a very large dose of it?

Quote Originally Posted by ineespenes View Post
    First day of my week with Shalimar/Vol de nuit layered. Today it seems like the perfect choice since it's so cold outside. I love the woody incence I'm getitng from this. Feeling slightly "overdressed" though :P
    Sorry if I missed this in a previous post, but what formulations are you layering?

Today is Insolence parfum only. Much easier to wear in the morning - softer, more subtle than EDP (will try this alone tomorrow) and I wonder if this is where the chypre quality derived from yesterday.

What do you mean by a very large dose of it?
    About 15 sprays.
    It lends itself to overspraying quite well.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sarıpatates View Post
    About 15 sprays.
    It lends itself to overspraying quite well.
    Diorella is very mild, really.

Nice work 1 weekers!

queen of the universe

I strayed! Yes, it's been Mollie Parnis every day, but last night after spending two hours grading music theory homework and planning lessons I just had to have some hot cocoa and L'Heure Bleue for bedtime. Other than that, Mollie by day works fine. All I can say is its notes must plug straight into my limbic system; it is pure sensation and pure satisfaction. I daub it on with 1/2 cotton ball so as not to contaminate the juice (splash bottle) and tuck the saturated ball into my bra, which allows the top notes to sneak up on me all day long. Nice.
    What do insomniac perfumers do to fall asleep? They count chypres!

Sorry if I missed this in a previous post, but what formulations are you layering?
    I didn't mention it It's the edt of both. The Shalimar is the prereformulation. I bought it in late 2000. Still going strong with this combination today. Still love it. Weather is also still very cold. will be interesting to see how people in class respond to this. Got a girl in my class that doesn't seem to like my more classic and "perfumey" scents....And this combination is defenitely one of those...I believe it stays close to the skin and doesn't project so much silage,though...

15 sprays is more like a cologne style fragrance, I guess. This morning I think I used about 8 dabs.

Insolence parfum applied about 8:30 am: After about 4 hours, it continuously smelled very close to PdN Odalisque. The parfum is much easier to wear than the EDP, doesn't project far and isn't anywhere near as sweet. Interesting the similarity with Odalisque (that chypre quality again) - I need to look up the notes and compare the two.

Yesterday, I wore Anucci with "Green Grass" from Wylde Ivy. It didn't seem too hard to say, "I can wear one fragrance and one fragrance only for one week." But the reality is, I hate being constrained! If doubling isn't against the rules, I think I'll be doing that all week!!!!!

I wanted to test them side-by-side, because I sometimes get a green grass note from Anucci, and I wanted to see if there was something else that had it.

Green Grass by Wylde Ivy is something I got way back in March, I think. It doesn't really smell like Green Grass to me, but it does smell "greeny."

The component of Anucci that smells green grassy to me, is different from what smells "green" in Green Grass. And the drydowns are so totally different. I really do prefer Anucci.

What was so nice about having them side-by-side is that the Green Grass really helped with olfactory fatigue. Was it rtamara who said she likes to take hits of her 'fume when on plane rides? Well, that was what was so nice about having both scents on me. I'd take a hit of Green Grass, and then a hit of Anucci, and having them side by side made each of them more intense because of their differences. I usually lose the "green grass" smell of Anucci about an hour after spritzing, but with the other scent on me, I pretty much got 4-5 hours of that smell.

The downfall of double spraying is I was pretty sillant. Is that a word? There should be a word for someone whose sillage precedes her into a room. That was me yesterday. In fact, I was so "sillant" that someone actually commented on my scent.

Day #3 of 7: Anucci doubled with Halston Couture.

Why did I do this? Well, in the very far dry-down of Anucci, there's this smell. . . I don't know what it is. It's almost like the synthetic oak moss that I got from Andrew_B. And that same smell is in Halston Couture. I wanted to compare them side-by-side to see if I could tease out what that is.

I am thinking it's oak moss.

Halston Couture was something I bought many years ago because of an infatuation with a paper strip in a magazine. I remember at the time, I really really liked Bowling Green (another strip in the same magazine), but at 16, I was still into stereotypes. Bowling Green is for guys. Halston Couture is for girls. Nevermind that I could barely afford the Halston Couture either, much less buying both. But that was what sealed my choice. So it's ironic to me that years, nay decades, down the line, I am comparing two scents that fascinate me. Anucci reminds me a touch of Bowling Green. If I could double this week with it, I would be a happy woman, but I never did buy that bottle. And now it's discontinued. Actually they're both discontinued -- Halston Couture *and* Bowling Green. A couple relegated to eBay and small mall perfume shops carrying discontinued obscure items.

Anyway, I think it's oak moss.

But it smells nothing like the oak moss essential oil (actually more of a sticky tar) that I have. It's the smell of the clear watery (not viscous) stuff that I am told is "oak moss."

Halston Couture also reeks of patchouli. But not the patchouli that's in Midnight Poison. It's a different kind of patchouli. It's very. . . corporeal.