Code of Conduct

Default Invasion Barbare & Lumiere Noire Pour Homme

Just received decants of both of these a few minutes ago and cannot wait to try these, so excited! I did a quick spray of IB on paper and honestly i'm having a hard time explaining what i'm smelling here, but whatever it is...its VERY GOOD! I'm getting fresh/spicey notes..

I will be testing both of these out and hopefully find a gem that must purchase

Default Re: Invasion Barbare & Lumiere Noire Pour Homme

I think you're in for a tough decision because thy're both wonderful scents.

I like IB a lot but absolutely love LNPH which like yourself I have received today but a full bottle. Amazing fragrance, I hope you like it to.

Sur la Plage

Quit wasting that precious juice on paper! Spray it on!
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

I need a full bottle of both these beauties. I already love LNPH and never smelled it lol.

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    word!

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    I know, I know..after that one spray i thought of how much that spray just costed me lol I will be testing these two out a lot and hope that i finally found something that gives me that "must have" feeling, which these days does not happen often at all, if ever.

Ok, so for those who own IB, can you tell me what a good number of sprays would be for this one? I plan on giving it my first full wearing tomorrow for work. I did sample it today on my forearm and it does not appear to really be a projection beats and sat a bit closwer to the skin, but had great longevity, easily 8-10+hrs from the small spray i applied. Thanks

I think you should apply IB moderately. It is not a projection monster and that's part of its nature. It's a discreet and sophisticated composition that works perfectly if not overapplyed. If you want something more "consistent" you should better move to another type of fougere and save some money...

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

Quote Originally Posted by alfarom View Post
    I think you should apply IB moderately. It is not a projection monster and that's part of its nature. It's a discreet and sophisticated composition that works perfectly if not overapplyed. If you want something more "consistent" you should better move to another type of fougere and save some money...
    Thanks for the post. I've read how the projection/longevity on thsi one are actually really good and people will notice you, so discreet is not what i was expecting but then again that is not a bad thing either. I guess i will find out today, i will go 4 sprays from my decant and see how that works.

Quote Originally Posted by persianprince View Post
    Thanks for the post. I've read how the projection/longevity on thsi one are actually really good and people will notice you, so discreet is not what i was expecting but then again that is not a bad thing either. I guess i will find out today, i will go 4 sprays from my decant and see how that works.
    I had good longevity but projection was moderate...

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

Well so far i can say that this stuff is good! Such a smooth and well blended scent, i get a bit of freshness with it, but nice blend of spices. I am loving it so far. I am suprised that i have not heard much mention of this being some what similiar to Reflection Man. I get a very similiar vibe, defintely not as sweet but there is some common grounds between the two.

Dependent

IB's longevity is epic -- easily 24 hours on skin

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyBars View Post
    IB's longevity is epic -- easily 24 hours on skin
    Yes, so far i'm almost 7 hours in and i can still get good whiffs of it, projection is moderate, but really the projection is really ideal for work environment, its just a nice scent bubble close to the body. I can tell IB will last easily 10+ hrs but close to skin. I really like it and now its just a matter of testing the other ones people mention that are very close and a quarter of the price.

I have a full bottle of LNPH and I LOVE it! I just finished a sample of IB and it had crazy projection and longevity on me..... I loved it too!

mmmmm IB, might have to go spray some. SO NICE.
    “Perfume is like cocktails without the hangover, like chocolate without the calories, like an affair without tears, like a vacation from which you never have to come back.”