Code of Conduct

Default Does Blazer by Helena Rubinstein smell the same as Anne Klein Blazer?

I found a bottle of Anne Klein Blazer at an estate sale. I love it, but I'm running out. Prices on eBay are terrible. An online discounter sells Blazer by by Helena Rubinstein for what seems like a very good price. Is it the same perfume? Was it reformulated/ruined at a later date? Are there any bottle designs that should be avoided? I've looked through the discussion threads here on BN and I'm not sure.

Thanks for reading this.

Guest 3

Default Re: Does Blazer by Helena Rubinstein smell the same as Anne Klein Blazer?

I think it is the same fragrance. I have a decant of vintage Blazer that a Basenoter sent me a while ago, and I believe that Anne Klein Blazer was produced by H. Rubinstein cosmetics company. I could be wrong, but I think that's right. I don't know who produced subsequent Anne Klein fragrances. I had Anne Klein II in the 80s.

Default Re: Does Blazer by Helena Rubinstein smell the same as Anne Klein Blazer?

I believe it's the same thing, too. If I remember correctly, it was originally just Anne Klein Blazer by Anne Klein, then, as lilybelle says, Helena Rubinstein distributed it so it was "Anne Klein Blazer" by Helena Rubinstein, then I suppose they just bought it out. They both had the little lion icon at one point, but then much later I think Helena Rubinstein dropped the "Anne Klein" altogether and changed the logo to a little red and blue stripey thing.

Unfortunately, I don't remember a thing about the actual fragrance, but I'd bet it was a chypre!
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

It's a great chypre. Very green reminds me of vintage Aliage minus the powdery bit. The bottle I have, Anne Klein with lion, says, "concentrated cologne" the Helen Rubenstein red and blue stripey thing bottle says "eau de parfum". That right there makes me hesitate before buying.
    I did buy a 1 oz bottle of AK Blazer today off evilbay for $7, so I have my Blazer fix taken care of for awhile, but I'm interested in what the HR Blazer smells like.
    Thanks for your replies.

It is the same fragrance. I have owned both, and yes it is a green chypre.
    Evenstar

arwen_elf-thanks for the reply. so there's no difference between the AK blazer cologne spray and the HR blazer edp?