Code of Conduct

Default Miss Dior Cherie name change to Miss Dior?

Can anyone confirm this? In my local department stores the Cherie was removed from the Miss Dior Cherie bottle. Now it just reads Miss Dior... It has the same scent and same packaging. Thanks!!

Default Re: Miss Dior Cherie name change to Miss Dior?

From this distance, that makes absolutely no sense, because they are two very different fragrances. Miss Dior pre-dates Miss Dior Cherie by many, many years. Miss Dior was released in 1947; Miss Dior Cherie was released in 2004.

I contacted Dior myself because I saw on their site that the perfume had changed. They confirmed that it is now called "Miss Dior" and not Cherie. The original Miss Dior still exists in it's original bottle. The new Miss Dior is in the bottle with the bow.

Quote Originally Posted by leociccone View Post
    Can anyone confirm this? In my local department stores the Cherie was removed from the Miss Dior Cherie bottle. Now it just reads Miss Dior... It has the same scent and same packaging. Thanks!!

Blasphemy. Whoever approved this change should stay in Purgatory for centuries with a burning millstone around their necks.

Basenotes Institution

Yes I read about this recently on Perfume Shrine, in an article titled 'All That's Wrong With Perfumery': http://perfumeshrine.blogspot.com/20...-nowadays.html
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

&()&%##*_)@#_
    Cursing.
    They had better not discontinue the real one.

No........the original Miss Dior from 1947 is still around and not going anywhere. But to the people who love the original Miss Dior Cherie......the scent changed from the 2005 version. A different chemist Francois Demachy changed the scent in 2011. Many are upset about that. They should have just called them different Miss Diors, it's frustrating when you find a scent you love and it's discontinued or changed.

Quote Originally Posted by purplebird7 View Post
    &()&%##*_)@#_
    Cursing.
    They had better not discontinue the real one.

Blog Entries

Oh brother! What a crock. Why not just make yet another version of Miss Dior & call it something else? Are they that stuck on the name Cherie? Even though it isn't the same perfume? I'm so confused. This is dumber than Classic Coke.

BTW, if you like Miss Dior Cherie, I doubt you would like Miss Dior, they are as different as cheese and chalk.
    Last edited by kumquat; 19th January 2012 at 06:52 PM.

Cross-referencing the article on this topic:

http://www.basenotes.net/content/100...come-Miss-Dior

Quote Originally Posted by kumquat View Post
    Oh brother! What a crock. Why not just make yet another version of Miss Dior & call it something else? Are they that stuck on the name Cherie? Even though it isn't the same perfume? I'm so confused. This is dumber than Classic Coke.

BTW, if you like Miss Dior Cherie, I doubt you would like Miss Dior, they are as different as cheese and chalk.
    Great analogy, kumquat! Miss Dior is a wonderful classic scent and not likely to be bought by the masses. I hope they don't let it go.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Confusing this is

I don't know why but I find this exceedingly irritating. Marketing scum at it's best.

Apparently Miss Dior Cherie sells very well, so I don't understand why Dior wants to fix what's not broken. I imagine there are going to be a lot of confused customers.