Code of Conduct

Default sexy fragrance for woman HELP??

Hi everyone! I know you're all probably sick of these questions but i'm desperate!! After months of looking for the perfect fragrance i'm soooooooo confused. I need help!! I want a DROP DEAD SEXY fragrance. I'm young (20 years old) and I hate overly sweet fragrances. My thing is oriental, woody, etc... I want something that will mark my presence but won't abuse anyone's nose. Something light but at the same time outstanding and very feminine. Something that men will love and be crazy about. I like opium a lot but I want a brand more discrete, more unique. I heard good things about black orchid but I can't find a place to buy a sample ANYWAY HELP GUYS PLEASE!!!

Default Re: sexy fragrance for woman HELP??

Try Comme des Garcons 2 or my personal favorite, Chanel's Cuir de Russie.
    Good luck!

Blog Entries

Black Orchid is definitely a good one - you were getting good advice there. Do you have a Sephora near you? If so, stop in and they will give you a sample.

Dior Addict EDP (blue bottle) is like Opium but I personally find it sexier (some would argue that it does so in a cheap way, but my nose doesn't know how to count money! ) If you really want a unique, sexy, woody oriental, then Guerlain's Boisé Torride is really nice, but it's $250 for 75 mL.

Also cheap but good is the new Kate Walsh Boyfriend, which I personally think is underrated, perhaps because it's gimmicky. It's supposed to smell like a boyfriends residual scent mixed with a woman's scent. All I know is that it smells great, and it's an oriental in the style of Opium but much more modern. Katie Puckrik likes it, too (see here).

But honestly, the most important thing is finding something you like, and that makes YOU feel sexy. That's the real key.

PS - Welcome to Basenotes!

PPS - +1 for CdG2 - nice woody floral smells awesome.

Basenotes Plus

Hi CarolineBass, welcome to Basenotes!

I totally agree with Redneck Perfumisto about Kate Walsh's Boyfriend, it's a very nice fragrance.
    Also, Dior's Hypnotic Poison is one of my favorites, it's an oriental vanilla, but you might find it a
    little too sweet. Serge Lutens Feminite du Bois is a great oriental woody and a little less sweet.

I'll definetly check Kate's fragrance! I'm really interested in Comme des Garcons 2 but I'm afraid it won't be as striking as I'm searching for, can you guys tell me more about it?? Guerlain's fragrances also interest me a lot. I heard so many good things about Serge Lutens, everyone keeps saying it's so unique!! What do you guys think about L'Artisan fragrances??? I'm not really concerned about money now because I've been saving just for this. I really think that having a signature smell is important. Dior is really good but I know a lot of people who use it and as I said I want something different, unique I hear good things about Ormond Jayne too but I live in Brazil and you guys wouldn't believe how the taxes are high here and how expensive it is to deliver, so buying from the internet is really difficult to me even tho I've been saving. For example, the discovery set from Ormond Jayne costs 44 UKD which is 120 REAL but + taxes and delivery, it would cost me 480 REAL!!!! That's so absurd. If I buy it from a US store it's easier because I have friends that can bring it to me.

AND HEY Thank you all so much for welcoming me and being so helpful !!! <3

Blog Entries

Welcome to Basenotes, and always remember the golden rule...for guys to think you are sexy/hot etc. you need to spend exactly zero dollars on perfume, because you are already all of those things absolutely unscented. If a guy likes your choice of perfume, so much the better.

Dans La Nuit Vers Le Jour Sans Adieu Je Reviens Vers Toi.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Fleurine View Post
    Welcome to Basenotes, and always remember the golden rule...for guys to think you are sexy/hot etc. you need to spend exactly zero dollars on perfume, because you are already all of those things absolutely unscented. If a guy likes your choice of perfume, so much the better.
    I agree! Fragrance is to make him unable to forget you after he falls for you for all the other reasons!

Quote Originally Posted by CarolinaBass View Post
    I'll definetly check Kate's fragrance! I'm really interested in Comme des Garcons 2 but I'm afraid it won't be as striking as I'm searching for, can you guys tell me more about it?? Guerlain's fragrances also interest me a lot. I heard so many good things about Serge Lutens, everyone keeps saying it's so unique!! What do you guys think about L'Artisan fragrances??? I'm not really concerned about money now because I've been saving just for this. I really think that having a signature smell is important. Dior is really good but I know a lot of people who use it and as I said I want something different, unique I hear good things about Ormond Jayne too but I live in Brazil and you guys wouldn't believe how the taxes are high here and how expensive it is to deliver, so buying from the internet is really difficult to me even tho I've been saving. For example, the discovery set from Ormond Jayne costs 44 UKD which is 120 REAL but + taxes and delivery, it would cost me 480 REAL!!!! That's so absurd. If I buy it from a US store it's easier because I have friends that can bring it to me.

AND HEY Thank you all so much for welcoming me and being so helpful !!! <3
    No problem!

CdG2 is a really good fragrance - very striking - all the CdG scents are that way. I loved the men's CdG2MAN and went back for CdG2 later, because I could not forget it. It may even be too striking - I find it hard to wear as a guy, and it's too much for my wife (she likes mostly light fragrances, and just a few more evening-type ones).

L'Artisan is very nice. I just fell for their Nuit de Tubéreuse, which I found a love at first sniff. That is a nice floral oriental. I also love Safran Troublant and Tea for Two. Timbuktu is very compelling on women. It's very woody and smoky, but seems exotic on ladies. If you can get L'Artisan samples, then by all means. They're a good way to get a unique scent. I love Fou d'Absinthe and L'Eau de Jatamansi as well, but I don't think they're what you're looking for (too piney and too light, respectively).

Serge Lutens Chergui is very well-loved and respected. And of course Feminite du Bois. I just sniffed some Keiko Mecheri scents that were very thick, lush, and dark floral woody scents, and I think you can check those out too. I think she has a sample pack.

That tax situation is absurd, I agree totally!!! Hope you can find some good samples without paying too much.

You might give CdG2 a chance; the ink and vetiver notes are VERY strong on me, but on a friend of mine the amber, mandarin, incense notes are more prevalent. It smells great in both cases, but COMPLETELY different. You say you have been saving up though, so I have to say Cuir de Russie one more time. As far as I'm concerned it is the be all, end all of perfumes (though I'm longing to get my hands on some Lanvin Scandal). I live in Austin, so I order mine from the boutique in Dallas. You could just buy it over the phone and have it sent to a friend who is coming down to visit. I got really excited about Serge Lutens; the fragrance profiles are really smart and tasteful and feature some of my favorite scent elements (?), but I have found that they all wear very sweet, almost sugary on me. Too bad, but you may have a different experience. One thing worth noting, there is nothing synthetic smelling about the Serge Lutens line, so that is a huge plus.

And yes Timbuktu is a great recommendation! I loved it in the bottle, and was sad when it turned to sugar on my skin...

Insolance - Guerlain
    Amouage - Memoir Woman
    Chanel - Bois Des Isles
    Tom Ford - Italian Cypress
    Kilian - Back to Black

You all have been very helpful thank you so much!!!

I'll definetly try to find a sample for CdG2.

I once tried a Chanel and I can't remember which one but I hated it. I think it was Number 5 and it was TOO sweet so I was kind of traumatized by Chanel because I thought they would all be too sweet. But I think there's a store next to me that has Cuir de Russie and I'll definetly try it.

I fell in love once for Prada Infusion de Tubereuse. People say it's really sweet but it wasn't on my skin. It was a very light floral scent and I couldn't stop sniffing it. What do you think about Infusion de Iris??

Do you guys know anything about MÛRE ET MUSC ??? I know it's not oriental but it seems so striking too. As long as it's not too sweet, I'm happy with it.

Acqua di Parma anyone? Tho they are really expensive!!!

I never heard of keiko mecheri before! Wow so many fragrances to try !!! Hahaha

wow those seem very nice!

I'm very curious about Amouage and Kilian fragrances. I heard Epic Woman is great.

Tom Ford has so many that I always get lost in which ones to try!!

Blog Entries

I like Infusion d'Iris, and so does my wife (we share the bottle). She actually likes Infusion d'Homme better, because it's more "perfumey" than d'Iris. The Amber pour Homme Intense from Prada is nice, too, and I think it would smell great on a woman as a rich evening scent.

The By Kilian fragrances are a good suggestion for you. They are generally rich, complex, modern, and sexy. Amouage tend to be drier and more incense-like, By Kilian tend to be a bit more "boozy". I have Back to Black and I love it.

I have the Mure et Musc Cologne. You might like it, but I find myself getting tired of it in the middle of the wear. It's just too fruity for me. A good scent, though, and well thought-of.

Carolina, judging by your tastes I think you might like Keiko Mecheri Loukhoum (a non cloying gourmand); L de Lolita Lempicka (sweetish but very sexy in my opinion), Estee Lauder Sensuous (a lovely woody fragrance).
    From the Chanel les Exclusifs I would suggest Bois des Iles. Good luck with your search!
    (We have the same unfortunate issue here regarding shippings from abroad, in the event they arrive safe)

I just reat a thread where flowerbomb is the men's favorite ahah is it too sweet?

do you think Infusion d'Iris is memorable enough?

which By Kilian and Amouage fragrances do you recomend?

omg so many questions!!! haha i'm sorry

GelbeDomino, are the taxes super high around there too or is it just the shipping? Brazil taxes are just ridiculous and it makes me so mad !!!

I would try Estee Lauder but they test on animals and I just rather not to. I wouldn't feel comfortable with it

I've always been curious about Lolita Lempicka too but the reviews always say they are very sweet and girly like so I was a little scared.

Blog Entries

NO way will you like Flowerbomb - way too sweet, if you don't like sweet.

And Infusion d'Iris is probably not what you're looking for. I love it, but it's a restrained, proper, professional kind of feel.

You have to sample the By Kilian - there's just too much variation, IMO. But Back to Black has to be one of them. Also Taste of Heaven sounds like one for you.

Don't be sorry. That's why we're all here - to talk about fragrances!

I'm really dying to try Ormond Jayne, so sad it's too expensive to ship here

Yeah I want something young, crazy, sensual !!

What about Tom Ford? Just black orchid or do you think there's other ones I would like?

I can see it will take months to find the perfect one haha I'm a really indecisive person so I'll probably choose way more than one hahaha My mom always said "You can't have a collection. You need a signature perfum, the one people will smell and remember you!!" I've been looking for one ever since

OH what about Le Labo?? Have you ever tried it??

Guerlain Samsara gets me lots of male attention, I wear vintage edt, in the clear bottle. Today's Samsara is nice, but fades quickly...

Nu by YSL. Frequently found in those discount perfume stores now.

Carolina, last year I had to pay $ (that is dollars) 150 in taxes for an Amouage I received as a gift. Just taxes. Shipping is another issue and receiving stuff safely yet another issue

Estee Lauder, as far as I know, doesn't test on animals (neither do their other brands MAC, Clinique, Bobbi Brown, etc). Amouage doesn't test on animals (I suggest Lyric Woman), nor does Chanel (try Bois des Iles), nor Sisley (try theur Eau de Sisley no.3), nor Clarins.

Jasmin Noir by Bvlgari

GelbeDomino

WOW 150$ just taxes??? and I thought Brazil was the worst one !!

Thank you so much for the info!! I'll definetly try those ones

Jasmin Noir by Bvlgari seems interesting
    any more opinions?

Chanel Coco. Not Coco Mademoiselle. Coco.
    I used to wear it when I was 20. Try to get the extrait if possible.