Code of Conduct

Default Ordered Egoiste Today / Fahrenheit Review

Due to the many favorable reviews and postings on this site, I went ahead with my first blind order of Chanel Egosite today. I was initially having trouble finding it, and was wary of ordering from Ebay. I was thrilled to find that Chanel has it available on their website in the USA (3.4 oz. only) for the best price I could find and free shipping. And, I'm assured that I'm getting the real thing. I'm very excited and can't wait to receive it, although I think finding this site is going to bankrupt me!

On another note, I am wearing my recently purchased Fahrenheit today. I absolutely love it! Being a newbie, I'm only at the point where I can say I either like or dislike something, and have trouble breaking down the scents the way so many of you are able to do. But I get so much pleasure out of smelling myself with Fahrenheit! I never would have thought that something I bought at my local CVS Pharmacy could smell so good and with excellent longevity.

Thanks to all of you for such great insight and advice!

Jim

Default Re: Ordered Egoiste Today / Fahrenheit Review

You are off to a excellent start as both are really good fragrances to have. I find Fahrenheit is really addictive scent and one of those scents that has great longevity.Enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Illinois Jim View Post
    But I get so much pleasure out of smelling myself with Fahrenheit!
    Kinky! Good buys...I'm not a huge fan of Fahrenheit, but Egoiste is an all time favorite.

Fahrenheit is definitely unique, you cant go wrong with that one.

Two solid male classics, shamelessly but elegantly powerhouse, extremely good value for money thanks to their outstanding lasting power and projection

Thanks guys, and sorry for the kink Duke - it was unintended!

Great buys. Enjoy them both.

The beauty of these two is that they are both so unique. They may not get you the most compliments, but there probably won't be soul around who smells even similar to you. You will be a man of distinction. And I hope you are at least 30.

Thanks for the comments, and Chuck, and I was 30 seventeen years ago! Have a great weekend all.

Try M7 next if u like Egoiste...
    My Top 10

1. Amouage Homage Attar
    2. Serge Lutens - Muscs Koublai Khan
    3. YSL M7
    4. Serge Lutens - Ambre Sultan
    5. Chanel Egoiste
    6. 24 Gold by Scentstory
    7. Amouage Epic Man
    8. Amouage Jubilation XXV
    9. Bond No. 9 New York Oud
    10. Serge Lutens - Chergui

"A beautiful fragrance to the nose is like good jazz music to the ears, great food to the mouth, and Megan Fox and Jessica Alba to the eyes..."

Quote Originally Posted by change1 View Post
    That's a great suggestion.

i dont find egoiste to be a safe blind buy, i blind bought it but i learned to like it.. initial sniff wasnt really something i was hoping for haha but i dont wear it often so i'd rather had the 63 euros i spend on it and use it on something else..

Guerlainista

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckW View Post
    That's a great suggestion.
    I agree. M7 is also very different to the other two, so it would broaden your "repertoire".

I happen to think that M7 bears strong resemblance to Egoiste. To me both have a medicinal note, soft sweet woods, candle wax note, and red berries. Common knowledge on basenotes is that the inspiration behind Tom Ford's Rive Gauche was Azzaro PH and I think that Egoiste is inspiration for M7. I also don't think that M7 is as masculine as most here do. Overall I think that Egoiste is more wearable, lasts an enjoyable amount of time and is more masculine than M7. While I like M7 to smell it 10+ hours later is too long. Like a guest, you want them gone at some point.

I recommend going easy on the Fahrenheit, it's really powerful. The other night I was at a bar, and this guy had put on so much that it basically filled up the whole place. I like Fahrenheit but it was too much and it was actually really annoying after a while.

I love Egoiste and hate M7. Not sure why Jim would like it either.

EgoÔste is amazing, you are in for a treat!
    - Mark

…GOŌSTE! …GOŌSTE! …GOŌSTE!

"OOOOOOH WHAT A GOAL! IT'S DANNY ROSE, ON HIS PREMIER LEAGUE DEBUT, WITH A MEMORABLE STRIKE!"

Are you an oenophile? Join our wine group! http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=108

Fahrenheit really is addictive. I have about an ounce left from a very old 3.4 bottle and I enjoy it around the house one spray at a time. Ahhhh... Might have to spray myself now!

You will probably love Egoiste, most do. I really expected to love it, because I really like Platinum Egoiste, and adore Sycomore. I ordered a bottle of Egoiste from Chanel and when it arrived I was stunned to find that it smelled like bug spray. I'm sure that it is me rather than the scent, most likely some physiological deficiency.

Two big thumbs up for both Egoiste and Fahrenheit. Very good start.

Egoiste
    is a great cold weather scent. Even better is the cologne concentree version, which is richer, doesn't have the sharp opening that the EDT does, and has a more prominent and beautiful rose note.

Yep, Farenheit is a scent anyone getting into this hobby should experience, and it's a good choice! Love this when I jump on the motorcycle for so many reasons. Or a nice party as well, so versatile. Egoiste. Ahh yes, this was my first blind here as well and potentially based on some of the same threads you may have read. My experience is it was pretty different than I expected it to be. I felt it was a little too mature for my....personality, and not necessarily my age. I kept associating it with perfume scents from an era in my past, a kid actually. Not that Egoiste smells like my grandparents, but as a classic “perfumy” orientation blended with post-modernization, class, and sophistication. I did end up sending it back. Yet, in the back of my mind, I still find myself daydreaming about the drydown. I didn't give myself enough chances to experience Egoiste because of lack of education and experience as I was simply not “ready” for the scent, to appreciate or understand it. In short, give it more of a chance if you don't like it the the first hour, or few times. Also, 1.) Yes, this is a hobby that can easily get out of control, I initially thought $75 for a bottle was outrageous; but I just spent $200 plus on Aventus without blinking ,plus 5 blind buys the past couple months 2.) Blind buys can be very exciting 3.) You will have success and failures with blind buys 4.) Enjoy and welcome!

Ahhhh, there are few scents I would say "nice choice" on a blind buy, but I will venture to say you'll like it. Been hooked on it since the infamous commercial.

Love that commercial. Angry, scorned, beautiful French women just work for me.

One of the rare scents tha doesn't smell dated...works on any age IMO.

Guerlainista

Quote Originally Posted by Titan View Post
    I happen to think that M7 bears strong resemblance to Egoiste. To me both have a medicinal note, soft sweet woods, candle wax note, and red berries. Common knowledge on basenotes is that the inspiration behind Tom Ford's Rive Gauche was Azzaro PH and I think that Egoiste is inspiration for M7. I also don't think that M7 is as masculine as most here do. Overall I think that Egoiste is more wearable, lasts an enjoyable amount of time and is more masculine than M7. While I like M7 to smell it 10+ hours later is too long. Like a guest, you want them gone at some point.
    I'll have to do a head-to-head comparison. I don't think of them as being at all alike. Egoiste is dominated by that buttery sandalwood with some grunge from the patchouli, where with M7 I mostly get a rich, sweet cherry cough syrup - almost a gourmand but for the medicinal undercurrent.

I totally agree that Egoiste is much more masculine, but I find both very wearable.

I didn't know about the Azzaro / Rive Gauche thing - it totally makes sense, though.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Ken_Russell View Post
    Two solid male classics, shamelessly but elegantly powerhouse, extremely good value for money thanks to their outstanding lasting power and projection
    +1 ...

Sur la Plage

Egoiste is one of the best fragrances ever created IMO. Enjoy!
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread