Code of Conduct

Default Histories des Parfums ... 1828 Jules Vernes or 1725 Casanova ?

Heading across the stream this week to check out all the NYC Christmas sights and will likely start out on Christopher St. and stop by Aedes to check it out. I've been going back and forth over these two for months so I'm asking anyone with experience with both for some input. Which do you like better and how are either in terms of sillage and longevity? Any opinions would be appreciated.

Sur la Plage

Default Re: Histories des Parfums ... 1828 Jules Vernes or 1725 Casanova ?

1725 was love at first sniff for me. 1828 I tried several times, and it just didn't do much for me.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

These are both very nice. Have both and really feel equally positive of both. Longevity and sillage on me are quite good. Can't miss with either.

I'm with Hednic. Both are very good in terms of quality, longevity and sillage. If you're going to get one, it just depends on what you want as they're two completely different fragrances. I prefer 1828.
    Christian Dior VetiverPatou Pour HommeChristian Dior Leather OudOrmonde Jayne Ormonde ManSerge Lutens Chene

I've sampled both recently. 1725 Casavova has above average sillage and longevity. I like it very much and will likely get a bottle soon.

I found 1828 Jules Vernes to be rather plain. Not much in this fragrance to keep my attention.

You won't want to miss the Edition Rare Trilogy from Histoires de Parfums at Henri Bendel's.

I like 1828 better, one of the nicest vetiver fragrances I have tried. Longevity is excellent. I don't like 1725 as much; there's something too sweet and powdery about it that doesn't really suit my preferences.

I recently ordered, and promptly recieved a 6 sample pack from HdP. I tried Ambre 114 yesterday and was very impressed. Today is 1725 day and, although I'm not an anise fan, I liked it a lot. The drydown of both fragrances is similar (vanilla). My wife preferred the first couple of hours of the 114, but I preferred the 1725. In response to this post, I have applied some 1828. The citrus and eucalyptus opening is by far my favourite of the three (but you may not agree).

Hednic is correct. You are dealing with very good, but very different fragrances here. Why don't you buy the 6 sample pack and decide which one/s you prefer:

http://www.histoiresdeparfums.com/us...ue-samples.php

And also keep in mind that the line offers smaller bottles now - used to only be the larger size.

I own 1725 and love it. Used to own 1828, and that was great too. As others have stated - quality line overall.

own both, love both. both are equally good in terms of sillage and longevity, it's now all up to you in terms of the scent that you want

Of the two 1725 is much better, 1828 is too generic as mentioned.
    My mom's great. I appreciate her sense of humor, patience and fondness for daytime drinking. :0)

I haven't tried 1828, but 1725 is definitely full bottle worthy.

Do try Amber 114, if you get a chance.

Thanks for the responses! Think I'm going to go with my original choice of Casanova as I feel it's a bit more versatile.

Beck, Will definitely stop by Henri Bendel's as I've never been there but always wanted to stop in.

I have both but prefer 1828. I don't find the dark citrus/nutmeg at all generic. It is certainly not a 'challenging' wear, however.

Another vote for 1725 (assuming you like powdery drydown). 1828 is very nice but way more conventional (sort of Gucci Envy For Men without the ginger...)

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

Another vote for 1725 Casanova

Of the two 1828 is much better, 1725 is too generic as mentioned.

I know I am too late, but I prefer 1828. I find it to be versatile, but not generic. It took several wearings for me to fully appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by ziffy321 View Post
    Thanks for the responses! Think I'm going to go with my original choice of Casanova as I feel it's a bit more versatile.

Beck, Will definitely stop by Henri Bendel's as I've never been there but always wanted to stop in.
    I just bought a bottle of Petroleum from Bendel's over the phone. They were having a 20% off sale for any thing between $100-200 Got a bottle for $148.00

I prefer 1828 as well.
    Very fresh, warm, and well blended....

I can smell the pine and it lingers around my nose =)