Code of Conduct

Default Just bought Rive Gauche Intense Pour Homme

Is similar, better, worse than the original?

Longevity and sillage compared to the original?

I LOOOOOVE the regular, so rich, versatile, dense, smooth, powerful, oh god i think it fit me almost entirely.

Default Re: Just bought Rive Gauche Intense Pour Homme

Parabens! I'm sure you are going to like it. Enjoy it.

I like the original better. Rive Gauche Intense is thicker, richer, soapier, but also much more linear. I bought RGIPH first because I didn't like the top notes of RGPH. I loved it at first, but got bored by it because it was so linear. Then I went back to RGPH and I really enjoy it. On me longevity & sillage are more or less the same for both...

IMO: almost identical. the intense is a little more green , the first 5 minute, then , is the same.
    my current top five (always in transition)

Dior Eau Noire
    HdP 1725 Casanova
    eau de gloire parfum d'empire
    Dia man Amouage
    comme des garÁons man 2

Quote Originally Posted by blackened View Post
    IMO: almost identical. the intense is a little more green , the first 5 minute, then , is the same.
    + 1

Well, so basically i paid about twice the price for half the quantity of almost the same fragrance?

Quote Originally Posted by d4N13L View Post
    Well, so basically i paid about twice the price for half the quantity of almost the same fragrance?
    Pretty much...

Not in my opinion. Intense loses some of the barbershop vibe for a darker/deeper/heavier feel. The patchouli is more concentrated too. I personally prefer this version although I seem to be in the minority.

Quote Originally Posted by laph View Post
    Not in my opinion. Intense loses some of the barbershop vibe for a darker/deeper/heavier feel. The patchouli is more concentrated too. I personally prefer this version although I seem to be in the minority.
    I like the Intense quite a bit too! For me, the Intense has a more luxurious, dressed-up, big-evening kind of feel to it. Nobody will mistake the Intense for shaving-foam or anything like that. The Intense is awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Indie_Guy View Post
    I like the Intense quite a bit too! For me, the Intense has a more luxurious, dressed-up, big-evening kind of feel to it. Nobody will mistake the Intense for shaving-foam or anything like that. The Intense is awesome!
    But the question is, will the Intense make women bite you?
    - Mark

…GOŌSTE! …GOŌSTE! …GOŌSTE!

"OOOOOOH WHAT A GOAL! IT'S DANNY ROSE, ON HIS PREMIER LEAGUE DEBUT, WITH A MEMORABLE STRIKE!"

Are you an oenophile? Join our wine group! http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=108

So im starting to get more excited about the Intense again.
    There are no differences in longevity and sillage, right?

I had a sample of Intense and enjoyed it more than my bottle of standard Rive Gauche. I traded my bottle away because I didn't think it was that special. I have since revisited RG and still don't find it anything to rave about. It is nice but smells too much like grooming product aka shave cream. That's not a bad thing but use classic shave cream if you want that smell. I am not fond of any cologne that comes across as smelling like shower gel, shave foam or body spray deodorant. I had been on the hunt for Intense but no luck. So I am revisiting Tuscany and have thought about Azzaro PH which was RG inspiration.
    Last edited by Titan; 11th December 2011 at 04:33 PM.

So im starting to get more excited about the Intense again.
    There are no differences in longevity and sillage, right?
    Not that I've noticed.

I've been trying to seek out a bottle of this. I haven't tried it, but the bottle seems really nice. I really like the regular RG pH, but don't really wear it alot.
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge, Concentrť D'Orange Verte...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

I received my bottle last week. Very good stuff.

Very sweet (much more than the regular), and a little velvety. More nocturne than the regular.
    Fantastic sillage (more than the regular) and equal longevity.

Thumbs up.

Slightly off topic I'm afraid but I just want to say how excellent Rive Gauche smells to me right now. (The temperature has gone into the minus numbers in northern England the last few days and I have really noticed the difference in the scent.)

Quote Originally Posted by Surfacing View Post
    I really like the regular RG pH, but don't really wear it alot.
    I feel the same way. I was thinking of getting a backup of Rive Gauche PH since the reissue seems worse, but it will take me many years before I go through my current 4.2oz bottle.