Code of Conduct
    Basenotes Member

Default Amouage Honour, Jubilation XXV, and Memoir -- Any longevity problems?

Hi there!
    I don't know if it's something about my body chemistry, but I have been using these three fragrances over the past week or so, and after two hours or so, I can barely detect the scent anymore.
    This is not the case with Opus IV, which I used yesterday, very sparingly (three puffs from the sampler in different locations), and my undershirt still glowed with that "Pier One Imports Christmas" smell until the evening.
    Have any of you faced the same problem with Honor, Jubilation or Memoir?
    I usually apply four sprays from the bottle (not a sample) -- two on each side of the chest, one on the inside of my elbow, and one the inside of my right wrist.
    Thanks.
    David

Default Re: Amouage Honour, Jubilation XXV, and Memoir -- Any longevity problems?

I sampled the first two in a local fragrance shop in a mall and had no problems with longevity. On my skin they lasted at least 6 hours which I guess is average.

Default Re: Amouage Honour, Jubilation XXV, and Memoir -- Any longevity problems?

Honour’s not overpowering to begin with. Jubilation and Memoir are work horses.

Jubilation XXV - on skin 18 / 24 hours
    Hounour Man - 10 Hours

Food's diet, can change your skin's ph, as a result, fragrances might react differently on different individuals.

Jubilation gets 12+ hours on my skin....very durable juice..

No longevity issues...

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

Yes, Jubilation XXV doesn't last too long on me unfortunately. Love the opening but it leaves a very woody and quite bitter drydown. I really should sell mine because it obviously doesn't suit my skin.

Sound Scents

No longevity issues here. I get easily 12 hours or more from all three.
    Current Top Favorites:
    1) Portrait of a Lady (EdP Frédéric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
    3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
    4) Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio) - tie
    4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie

6) Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)

Jubilation XXV is an olfactory serial killer. I used to think it had rubbish longevity until I cut my sprays WAY down. First time I wore it I went with 4. Now I only need one or sometimes two depending on the weather. Start with just a tiny spray and work your way up (if you feel that's necessary). I've detected around 24 hours or more longevity with Jubilation since I've put my trigger finger in check with this one.

I have longevity issues with most Amouage EDP's. The Attar's are a different beast all together. The only non attar Amouage I wear is Epic Woman Extrait, now that's a superb fragrance in all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by taint it sweet View Post
    Jubilation gets 12+ hours on my skin....very durable juice..
    Same for me.

As usual for Amouage, they all have nuclear-power longevity.

I just bought a 100ml of Jubilation XXV for my dad for Christmas. When we sampled it, he gets serious longevity on it. When I wear the sample, the sales lady gave me, I get 3-5 hours. I'm putting it down to olfactory fatigue.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke Hunt View Post
    I just bought a 100ml of Jubilation XXV for my dad for Christmas. When we sampled it, he gets serious longevity on it. When I wear the sample, the sales lady gave me, I get 3-5 hours. I'm putting it down to olfactory fatigue.
    Same thing here. I hope it really is a case of olfactory fatigue, because I LOVE the scent, and HATE losing track of it after just two hours...

It lasts quite well on me. About 7 hours or so, but it has quite bit of iso e super if my nose does not deceive me. and that could trigger olfactory fatigue.