Code of Conduct

Default thoughts on ralph lauren purple label cologne?

Hey guys, I recently found a small perfume shop that has one purple label giftset selling for a good price. I am just wondering how good the scent is before buying it. I did some searching and found out it might be discontinued but i've also read that it has horrible longevity and sillage. So whats the final verdict on the scent? And when and where can it be use? Keep in mind i am not paying full retail price on this particular cologne.
    Top 5 in rotation: Dior Homme, Pure Malt, Egoiste, Gucci Envy, Platinum Egoiste

Happiness is perfume, you can't pour it on somebody else without getting a few drops on yourself.
    -James Van Der Zee

Looking for large CAPS for M7, boss bottled #6, Bvlgari PH and YSL La Nuit

Default Re: thoughts on ralph lauren purple label cologne?

I have tried it and personally didn't like it. However, please consider other people's opinions before deciding what to do.

Buy it. If anythin you'll get your money back and then some.

I like it, it is a softer more civilized version (almost like an edp that was thinned out back to edt) version of RL Romance Silver. Longevity is an issue, but easily cured with overspray. I find 12 sprays for me will last the day.
    Keep Smelling Good
    ANDREW

I got it from Andrew^^ and I do enjoy it. I feel like Bond No. 9 ripped this off when they created Bleecker St. So if you've tried and like Bleecker I'd say go for it.

Dependent

I remember smelling this one in Ralph Lauren's stores. However, the only thing I remember to this day was that the price tag didn't justify the smell IMO.

Basenotes Member

I am a huge fan of this one, and just happen to be wearing it today! So classy and dignified, it screams corner office while still exuding the kind of rugged, laid back Americana that Ralph is famous for. Not something likely to be worn by a poseur.

I agree, this is very similar to Romance Silver and Bleecker Street. But it adds a sublime tobacco accord that is so much more fresh and floral than the "dirty ashtray" tobacco I get from Polo Green. I see it's now available on the Ralph Lauren website after a long absence. Bought my bottle at Palazzo Las Vegas a couple of years ago when it was even harder to find.
    Last edited by RandolphCanuck; 6th February 2013 at 03:20 PM.

I love the mahogany accord.
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

Banned
    Blog Entries

at a great price go for it. as mentioned before you can resell it and get your money back. on me longevity and sillage are absolutely terrible. less than 2 hours.

I own this but am not overly fond to be quite honest. It's certainly overpriced IMO, and I paid close to retail for it.

I hope you bought the gift set though as the balm (which I presume it contained?) is now virtually impossible to find!

Great scent, unbelievably short lasting.

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckW View Post
    Great scent, unbelievably short lasting.
    Yes, this. Reminds me of Christmas for some reason, but not for long. Still, I like Purple Label.

For some reason, the small sample bottle I have has much better overall strength and longevity than the big bottle.
    Basenotes sales: Many collectible/discontinued CREEDs (Citrus Bigarrade, Selection Verte), Vetiver Geranium, Himalaya & other Basenotes favorites (Xerjoff Uden, Spicebomb, Heeley Oranges & Lemons, L'Artisan Batucada, L'Essence de Cerruti) http://www.basenotes.net/threads/340...Ess-de-Cerruti

Offsite sales: Collectible CREEDs (Vintage Tabarome Private Collection, Selection Verte, Citrus Bigarrade), Pure White Cologne, Vetiver Geranium, Himalaya & other Basenotes favorites (Xerjoff Uden, Spicebomb, Heeley Oranges & Lemons, L'Artisan Batucada, L'Essence de Cerruti) http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=260 and http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=626

Quote Originally Posted by RedRaider430 View Post
    Yes, this. Reminds me of Christmas for some reason, but not for long. Still, I like Purple Label.

For some reason, the small sample bottle I have has much better overall strength and longevity than the big bottle.
    Funnily enough, my first experience with Purple Label was a gift set my wife bought me for Christmas!

The longevity is sub-par.