Code of Conduct

Default Could a teen get away with wearing creed?!?

I've never smelt a creed colgone but I was wondering in a 16 year old could get away with wearing creed in a formal or regular basis.

I dont want to smell like I'm 25+ years old and I'm not a fan of woody or leathery smells either :/

A fresh kinda thing would be cool and I'm pretty lucky because I don't pay for food or rent so I have left over money from work, it's helpful for extra costs

Any recommendations I buy all my cologne online as well

Basenotes Plus

Default Re: Could a teen get away with wearing creed?!?

Aventus would be fine for any age. I can assure you none of your friends will smell anything remotely like you. In a good way...

You may as well dive in now as when you move out you'll only be able to afford to buy bargain bucket frags!

Quote Originally Posted by indianwells View Post
    I can assure you none of your friends will smell anything remotely like you. In a good way...
    Thanks I hate it when I smell someone wearing the same or similar colgone as me.

A teen could easily get away with Aventus or Silver Mountain Water.

i think scentwise aventus or MI can work for 16,
    price, not so much

At your age, just get yourself a bottle of Cool Water and save or spend the rest of your money for dates or something fun.

Aventus or something less expensive in the same vein IMO.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by NewHaarlem View Post
    At your age, just get yourself a bottle of Cool Water and save or spend the rest of your money for dates or something fun.
    +1 ... maybe get 1 Million by Paco Rabanne instead ...

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by dollars&scents View Post
    +1 ... maybe get 1 Million by Paco Rabanne instead ...
    And then he would smell like everyone else, which is what he wants to avoid. If he can spare the cash, and wants to indulge in a quality product then who are we to tell him it's unwise?

Quote Originally Posted by indianwells View Post
    And then he would smell like everyone else, which is what he wants to avoid. If he can spare the cash, and wants to indulge in a quality product then who are we to tell him it's unwise?
    I've never smelt anyone with Paco Rabanne at my school, ever. Cool water, however, I have, a lot.

If the price isn't an issue, then Green Irish Tweed, Aventus, Silver Mountain Water, and Virgin Island Water would all be solid choices. I would strongly recommend sampling any of these first, however. Samples of them are easy to obtain, and when paying this much for a scent it's worth doing some testing before buying.

Rather than get one single Creed, I'd build / expand the wardrobe with a couple of scents.

I'd get these:
    Gucci Pour Homme II
    Rochas Man
    Le Male
    Chanel Allure Homme Sport / Blanche
    Sean John Unforgivable (Creed MI)
    Cool Water (Creed GIT)

As for Creed, you could easily pull off Aventus.

Dependent

Creed can be pulled off by anybody, regardless of age. But for more bang for your buck, there are better buys than just Creed IMO.

You'd be ahead of the game bro. I wore Preferred Stock and Nautica Competition at that age. I agree that you should buy something that smells like a Creed and save the rest of your money for other stuff. When you do move out having extra money will be hard to come by so save it up now. You'll still smell good in that Cool Water

p.s.
    Creed is overpriced anyway. Sure it smells good and it's prestigious, but there are much better options for cheaper.
    "I am a robot and I like cheese"

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

I'd say Virgin Island Water, M. Imperial, Himalya, and Original Vetiver could all be pulled off by a 16 year old. (maybe Original Santal as well for dates/evenings in colder weather).
    But, I'd say VIW and MI are the most fitting ones.

Actually, yes

GIT, Royal Water and OV might be suitable

I'm 26 and just made my first Creed purchase 2 weeks ago. Green Irish Tweed is definitely wearable for anyone but as someone else mentioned above for the price you would spend on one Creed you could buy a couple designer fragrances which quite honestly are going to attract girls your age a lot more than niche fragrances will. There are so many different designer fragrances out there it shouldn't be too hard to find a few that aren't overworn by everyone else your age.

yes
    *BASENOTES SPLITS*
    Creed Green Irish Tweed, Millesime Imperial, AVENTUS
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/289345-
    *CRYSTAL FLACON SPLITS*
    Creed Green Irish Tweed, Millesime Imperial, AVENTUS
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?p=927#927

*BIG SALE- Chanel, Dior, Creed, Mona di Orio, Puredistance....
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/383...re#post3178152

Yes, Virgin Island Water comes to mind as something a teen could pull off in the summer.

At the same time, Creed is super pricey for teens and there's much better things to spend money on than cologne as a teenager. But if your dad has some, and he's cool with it or not around, I'd say give yourself a spritz or two. ;-)

If Creed is what you want to wear... then go for it. After all, it's only perfume, not magic age elixir.

it depends much more on who you are than what your age is. i hope you realize that the price of creed fragrances is based of unsubstantial hype and little else. most of them are actually rather poor.

I have to agree with the above post but...
    yes...
    SMW(I like), MI(a meh scent on me), Royal water, Original Santal.

I wouldn't buy unless you like it a lot. The price is very high. At this price range there are other perfumeries you can look at such as

Amouage
    Montale
    Serge Lutens
    PureDistance
    Xerjoff

All of the above are considered very respectable brands and have a good content of natural ingredients. The price of Creed is also in the price range of a Homage Attar by Amouage and is liked by a lot of members on this forum at least for those that have smelled it.

I highly recommend you take a look around because when you go into the 100$ + category you really are jumping into a whole lot of really good stuff.

Good luck on finding your scent!
    See My Reviews: High-end Samples/Bottles and lots of Pictures
    Tested Samples includes: Montale, Xerjoff, Amouage, Serge Lutens, Creeds, L'Artisan and much more!

Google Search First Result!: WhyMe high end Basenotes Review

Best tip I can give you... don't get trapped in the "Creed hype." Yes, Creed does make some great fragrances (such as MI, VIW, and SMW..which would be suitable for your age) but there are as many great gems at a MUCH cheaper cost. I'd take 2-3 different fragrances I can rotate for 1 Creed ANY DAY.

If you want to be different, get La Nuit De L'Homme EDT (you can pick it up on Fragrance Net online for $60 for a big bottle).. doubt any 16 year olds would get it. I'd consider it a safe blind buy... but it's available in almost every fragrance store, so try it out!

If you REALLY want a Creed PLEASE sample first....
    MI is a great fragrance if you don't mind a fragrance that is melons + salty water mixed together.. for the younger crowd I think you'll get more compliments with Paris Hilton For Men (melons without the salty water.)
    VIW is a great summer only fragrance.. smells like coconuts.. smells great.. but in my opinion you can't wear it all the time, so you're better off getting a decant
    Top 5:
    1) La Nuit De L'Homme by Yves Saint Laurent
    2) LumiŤre Noire pour Homme by Maison Francis Kurkdjian
    3) Royal Oud by Creed
    4) One Million by Paco Rabanne
    5) Allure Homme Sport by Chanel

Quote Originally Posted by gido View Post
    it depends much more on who you are than what your age is. i hope you realize that the price of creed fragrances is based of unsubstantial hype and little else. most of them are actually rather poor.
    Ah gido, that’s very harsh - based on hype certainly - but poor? Poor value for money I’d agree with, I don’t think they are badly made as such: if they were half the price with half the hype we’d think they were pretty good wouldn’t we?
    Chris Bartlett
    Perfumes from the edge . . .

www.perfumedesigner.co.uk
    Twitter: @PellWallPerfume

If you are looking for a perfumery consultation Iím happy to quote: if you want free advice, thatís what these forums are for
    You can also join my blog if you wish to ask questions of me.

Basenotes Junkie

Could a teen get away with a $200 pair of Jordans?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Bartlett View Post
    Ah gido, that’s very harsh - based on hype certainly - but poor? Poor value for money I’d agree with, I don’t think they are badly made as such: if they were half the price with half the hype we’d think they were pretty good wouldn’t we?
    i don't know.. a couple of the old ones were pretty good, most the creeds of today i would never wear. that's not meant to be harsh, i'm just being honest. but if this brand was more sincere about their business and there would be less hype volume about, then i would perhaps feel no need to express that.

Basenotes Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vince23heat View Post
    Could a teen get away with a $200 pair of Jordans?
    Excellent point! Read my mind. I would absolutely recommend smw or even GIT to a teen. I like that youre trying to be different and creed will help you there. The value decision is for you to make.