Code of Conduct

Default Most poorly dressed male celebrity this year???

What are your opinions???

Here's mine: Adam Lambert. He so wants to be an edgy, stylish guy and though his clothes usually fit...his choices and hair and makeup make him look like a skinny pants Twilight freak.

Take a look at GQ's 2011 Year In Style for examples.
    Last edited by tracerbullet; 13th December 2011 at 03:11 AM.
    Looking to swap…look for my thread on the trade page. May be interested in buying Amouage. Having fun with shower gels. If you want to get rid of yours or swap for frags, give me a shout!

Default Re: Poorest dressed celebrity male this year???

Russel Brand IMO

Default Re: Most poorly dressed male celebrity this year???

Jim Norton

even most of the 'well dressed' celebrities of today are poorly dressed compared to the early hollywood stars.
    it's easier to name the ones that are dressed well.

Quote Originally Posted by gido View Post
    even most of the 'well dressed' celebrities of today are poorly dressed compared to the early hollywood stars.
    it's easier to name the ones that are dressed well.
    I agree. Modern celebrities just tend to slap on expensive designer duds--even bespoke duds--but have no personal trademark or style.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

D to the E to the N to the V to the E to the R
    Blog Entries

I like the way Christian Bale dresses.

I can only agree with previous posters: it's way easier to find a male celebrity who is well-dressed, than the continuously expanding masses of poorly dressed male celebs, superstars, super-rich etc.

Some of the best examples of well-dressed male, clearly standing out from the poorly dressed generic celebs are, in my opinion: Tom Ford- this contemporary dapper, urban-chic suaveness becomes him, as well as Giorgio Armani- simple, linear, understated, appropriate for his venerable age, yet with a trendy and at the same time, atemporal twist

Update: and since I talked about the well-dressed, a poorly dressed male celebrity struck my mind. But, honestly, I cannot remember his name, so I would kindly ask especially British Basenoters to help me match his identity with a name, please. I only know he is British tabloid press and/or media millionaire, with mostly chav-inspired outfits, unevenly bleached and/or dyed hair, tacky accessories and a slight tendency towards overweight. It's weird that I cannot remember his name, since his fashion choices would easily qualify as near undisputed winner in the category of "worst dressed" for the past 5-10 years.
    Last edited by Ken_Russell; 10th March 2012 at 07:13 PM.

Its very hard to name a celebrity who dress up well. Because most celebrities of today are poorly get dressed.

Many celebrities have no style of their own.

They are just label-mongers. Long ago, men forged their own fashion "sense" and set trends that others followed. Men were defined by the way they dressed. Now it's only the fashion houses they patronise.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

I think Steven Tyler is way out of style and the best dressed man is Ryan Gosling.

Worst dressed - bleach blond food network guy, spikey hair, seems drunk, bad jewelry, even worse food.

^ LOL..that guy is really annoying! Going to guess the food isn't all that either! I think I watched, "Drive-Ins and Dives", something like that and he was like so annoying, how he eats all that junk, I'll never know. lol. He does seem tipsy, lol.

Bumping this thread again:
    still didn't manage to find out the identity of the tastelessly dressed tabloid press tycoon. But while I cannot pin down his name, I am still half traumatized by a TV broadcast, talking, among other topics, about this guy's success both in business and in love (as if the TV viewers were supposed to believe that the broadcast about him was anything but covert publicity, probably heavily funded by one of his medias).

Ken - are you thinking of Perez Hilton?
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Thanks for helping me out. Yap, it's most likely him, my mistake assuming he was British because I happened to see him on a British TV-channel. However, his still seems to oddly be copied among some of the male reporters and media entrepreneurs within the British (not just American) tabloid press and yes, he can easily qualify as some of the worst dressed males ever (not just this year).

Marc Jacobs without a shadow, in this photo he looks like a longshoreman in a nighty with shoes he stole from a school version of the Crucible.

He then went and wore this monstrosity-

And committed the ultimate faux pas of wearing the same ugly-ass shoes!
    Last edited by Hilaire; 14th June 2012 at 08:28 PM.

Marc Jacobs without a shadow, in this photo he looks like a longshoreman in a nighty with shoes he stole from a school version of the Crucible.
    He then went a wore this monstrosity- And committed the ultimate faux pas of wearing the same ugly-ass shoes!
    Hilaire, lol!

Basenotes Institution

Oh dear, poor Marc Jacobs. His ensembles are just awful ,awful ! If he is going to do the dress thing, he should wear black high boots or something but not the elf shoes.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

LOL that's Marc Jacobs?! I do love MJ Daisy, but not so much the leprechaun shoes! At least wear black shorts under that! LOL. To each their own I guess, I guess..LOL.

With short black socks and white visible boxer shorts, they're even all rumply under the pink dress. Is he just having a joke on people?

I dont know the poorly, but the most well dressed for sure is Tom Ford

Quote Originally Posted by lilybelle View Post
    With short black socks and white visible boxer shorts, they're even all rumply under the pink dress. Is he just having a joke on people?

What's weird is I don't think he is having a joke at all, he wears polo-shirt-dresses like the pink one fairly often, and kilts too sometimes. I can cope with the kilts, I could even just about cope with the polo-shirt dresses, but the SHOES!!! Oh the shoes, they're just evil. And the white boxers thing is inexplicable.

Yes, we've all seen dresses on men, but the other things...

With my apologies for this belated bumping of this thread, another (sort of) male celebrity came to my mind as I randomly, casually browsed the net: the pick-up instructor who calls himself Mystery. Apart from his job title, which I am not even going to discuss, when I first saw pictures of him online, I first thought it was a joke and could only difficultly refrain from laughing out loud.

I was going to say Colin Farrel until I saw the Marc Jacobs photos above. Wow! That's got to be the worst!

Basenotes Plus

I think it's really ok for fashion designers to push boundaries even if they extend beyond the perimeters of common sense and good taste. Bad publicity is better than no publicity at all. As for regular celebrities, I can't really think of one poorly dressed male who stands out. Many opt for safe & rather boring outfits that say nothing of their personal style. I guess not everybody has access to outstanding sylists.

One celeb with admirably funky sense of style is Andre from Outcast.