Code of Conduct

Default Horizon at Dollar Tree

I was in a local Dollar Tree store yesterday and saw a fairly large stock of Guy Laroche Horizon 1.7-oz EDT splash bottles. The boxes were not wrapped and said Copyright Parfums Guy Laroche Paris 1993 and Made in France on them. Smelled like Horizon to me. As you might know, most things at Dollar Tree are $1. I did not ask the price of these but cannot imagine it would be different, nor do I know whether the inventory was specific to this store. FYI if you happen to be in or near a Dollar Tree.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Horizon at Dollar Tree

Nice find! Now, if only I could still find Clearasil for Men Face, Hair, and Body Wash... I stocked up on several bottles from Dollar Tree a few years ago.
    SEEKING BOTTLES OF:

Aramis New West (preferably old bottle)
    Patrick by Fragrances of Ireland
    Azzaro Aqua
    Gloria by Cacharel

PM me if you have bottles that you're willing to sell or trade!

Thanks for the info.....I will check this out for sure!!!
    Gary

Wow! That would be an incredible bargain!

I picked up one of these on the way home (Richmond, VA area). For $1, my assumption is that it would be fake, but I'll try any frag for that price.

I've been wearing it for an hour. I've never knowingly smelled Horizon before, but it smells like the descriptions I've read, and it certainly projects well enough.

Cool. I'm going to see if any of the local Dollar Tree's here have any tommorow. I've never tried Horizon, but always wanted to.

Thanks Buzzley - picked up a couple of bottles of Horizon at a Dollar Tree store in upstate NY where I'm travelling to on business - only $2 for the two bottles. Tried some when I got back to my hotel, and not sure whether I like it or not yet, but for $2 it's a no brainer! Thanks again.

Are they in the same section as the knock-off's?

Right in between the knock-offs and the Barbasol. Its the real deal. Almost bought four but realized that was dumb and put 3 back. They had about 50 bottles. Look like old stock from a dept store. Barcode sticker for $27.50 on the bottom. Found in Dallas Texas.
    *BASENOTES SPLITS*
    Creed Green Irish Tweed, Millesime Imperial, AVENTUS
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/289345-
    *CRYSTAL FLACON SPLITS*
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?p=927#927

*BIG SALE- Chanel, Dior, Creed, Mona di Orio, Puredistance....
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/383...re#post3178152

Yes - there were around 10 boxes on the bottom shelf below the knock-off's at the store I went to.

I will make a thread on wether this is a "safe blind buy" : ). I will check mine out sometime an see if i can find it.

Nice. Thanks for the heads up, I will check out my local Dollar Tree tomorrow, and report back.

Just went to the Dollar Tree here in Knoxville, TN & no luck There were plenty of the usual knockoffs but no Horizon here. I'm going to check around town at some of the other locations, but my guess is they may only be in certain regions.

---(I went to 4 locations in my area & none had it Maybe it'll be in next week here.)
    Last edited by BrianH1016; 15th December 2011 at 07:15 PM.

Thanks for the heads up! I need to stop by there anyway for some stocking stuffers and other small items. Really curious about this one!

Great find! I truly recommend this purchase

Dependent

I've been super curious about this one, and will be hitting the DT after work. Never been, should be interesting.

Nothing for me either. But grats to those who got in on this!

Banned

great stocking stuffer idea !!!!

The far drydown isn't all that dissimilar from Rive Gauche Pour Homme's. For me, the marine notes hang on a really long time, but eventually they allow that same kind of drydown to peek through.

Nothing but the usual knock offs at my local one. Too bad, really wanted to try this one.

Checked my dollar tree...all i see is Jordache knock off...and dirty cheap fragrance...
    My Top 10

1. Amouage Homage Attar
    2. Serge Lutens - Muscs Koublai Khan
    3. YSL M7
    4. Serge Lutens - Ambre Sultan
    5. Chanel Egoiste
    6. 24 Gold by Scentstory
    7. Amouage Epic Man
    8. Amouage Jubilation XXV
    9. Bond No. 9 New York Oud
    10. Serge Lutens - Chergui

"A beautiful fragrance to the nose is like good jazz music to the ears, great food to the mouth, and Megan Fox and Jessica Alba to the eyes..."

Quote Originally Posted by change1 View Post
    ...and dirty cheap fragrance...
    Have to say, Dirty Cheap Fragrance is a great name. . .

Dependent

Yeah no bottles at my store either.

I finally ran across it today. Dollar Tree in my area didn't have it, but there's a discount store called Burke's Outlet that had these splash bottles for $2. Sadly though, it really wasn't worth the hunt for me. They had open packages, so I splashed some on my hand and "ewwh", this stuff is not for me. It honestly smells like a mixture of celery, pine needles and soap to me. I guess my definition of an aquatic is based more on later 90s & 2000 fragrances because I didn't get anything that I associate with aquatics out of this. It smells more like a dated, green, 80s powerhouse fougere to me. I'm sure some may like it, but it's just too mature and old school smelling for me (& I'm in my early 40s).

I checked out my Dollar Tree in Asheboro, NC and they had about 20 bottles. I picked up one for $1.07. It will make a good around the house scent next summer.

Smells just like original VO5 shampoo to me. i dont think i would buy it again even for a dollar.
    *BASENOTES SPLITS*
    *CRYSTAL FLACON SPLITS*

Quote Originally Posted by heperd View Post
    Smells just like original VO5 shampoo to me. i dont think i would buy it again even for a dollar.
    I don't remember that shampoo, but the lavender is strong in Horizon. I doubt the shampoo has that kind of seaweed-like marine note. I'd guess there is no calone at all in Horizon, actually. The base is a kind of dusty, dry seaweed, patchouli thing. Quite interesting, though the opening is very powerful (fougere and marine notes).

Maybe it was "White Rain"? The opening is the exact smell of some cheap shampoo we had when i was younger (80s-90s). Im sure they put the same cheap chemicals in Horizon that they put in that shampoo. You can go to any grocery store or pharmacy and get VO5, I think it still smells the same. Its usually $1 at Walgreens.

When i was younger i always wondered if they could make a cologne that smelled exactly like a shampoo. I guess it can be done.
    *BASENOTES SPLITS*
    *CRYSTAL FLACON SPLITS*

Default Not sure if I like it. .

Just bought a bottle from Dollar Tree for a $1

I'm not sure if I like it. The opening is very familier, for me it seems like the blue counterpart to Brut which i'm not a fan of

It's clean and refreshing, probably perfect as an everyday for a workplace that isn't anywhere fancy so maybe i'll try it for a week. This would probably be perfect when you know you'll be working out soon too.

For the price though I can't complain

I could only find Patou Pour Homme at my Dollar Tree
    Oriscent, AgarAura Pure Ouds, Creed, LIDGE, Patou Pour Homme, tons of niche and rare stuff for sale!
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/253...er-100-items!!

We have this at my stores.....I picked up 3.....They still smell good.....Nice find and thanks for all of the info!!!
    Gary

Quote Originally Posted by AZsmells View Post
    Me too, but I passed because the box was a little dented. Bottle was fine, though. They had like a hundred of them.

You betcha' it's a "safe blind buy" - saw this at my local Dollar Tree - bought every bottle they had ("makes a great gift"). Smells tangentially like Drakkar Noir, but less "showy". Projects well, lasts several hours to boot. Wife likes it, so it's a keeper. 16 bottles for less than the price of one - awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by AZsmells View Post
    You have to check out the 99cent Only store for that one.
    *BASENOTES SPLITS*
    *CRYSTAL FLACON SPLITS*

Dependent

I would have bought out a store too. Tried Horizon at a local perfume store -- interesting herbal seaweed, though there was a touch of leather aka birch tar so it wasn't up my alley.

I found some at the Dollar Trees in Troy Michigan....picked up 4....
    My Top 10

1. Amouage Homage Attar
    3. YSL M7
    5. Chanel Egoiste
    6. 24 Gold by Scentstory
    7. Amouage Epic Man

"A beautiful fragrance to the nose is like good jazz music to the ears, great food to the mouth, and Megan Fox and Jessica Alba to the eyes..."

My Dollar Tree got these in, I picked up 2. They're 1.7 oz EDT SPLASHES - unfortunately. But, they're definitely legit, and smell as fresh as can be.

I also get the "shampoo note" from this frag. Heh, so much for selling it for $15 on my sales thread. on the other hand, my bottles have sprayers, which is way better than lame splashes.

Dependent

I think I'm gonna pick me up some Horizon soon.

Hey guys; first post here. I picked up a bunch of these a few weeks ago. I bought about about 10 and ended up with one spray bottle. I was wondering if anyone else has happened upon on any spray bottles? I've only fond that one, but I might go back and look for more.

So I know I'm a little behind but I saw about 15 of these at a local Dollar tree in the Virginia beach, VA area today, and saw the name and almost picked one up. I decided to wait till I got up here to really read about the cologne. It seemed fairly generic smelling, but kind of clean and lavender-y . I may go back and try to find one with a spray top. I think they were all splashes for the most part. I'm going to grab one just to have in my collection.

Just bough ten bottles in South Point OH, all splash. Great deal.
    "You just keep me hangin' on." -- Farewell, Lou.

Any chance to buy this online?

I want about 20 bottles. I would love to splash about 10ml on me every night when i come home!

Basenotes Plus

My local DT had some on display with the lady body sprays in the Valentine. Picked one up- for that price, even if just for the bottle. The box had an original price tag of 27.50.
    A Scent Rescuer
    Every great perfume deserves a good home

The stock person at one of our western NY stores told me each DT in this area literally got 250-500 bottles of this in a wrapped case lot, depending on store traffic. They had at least 50 on the shelf and sold pretty fast at first, now not so much. They are probably suffering unfairly from the same rep the crap Jordache and other knockoffs have (also there was no tester -- kind of hard with a splash bottle). The knockoff scents don't seem to be selling at all either, and I'm guessing most people treat them as room/car sprays because the longevity is horrible on those.

Dollar Tree's "beauty" section lotions are awful too. Cheap Chinese-made stuff with way too much water and lousy scent oils. The "rose" and "lavender" actually smelled burned.

Quote Originally Posted by d4N13L View Post
    Any chance to buy this online?

I want about 20 bottles. I would love to splash about 10ml on me every night when i come home!
    This stuff is pretty potent.. 10 ml at a time will remove all the hair in your nostril and fry your brain... That's what happened to me when my brother spray like 10 sprays of Horizon on himself a few days ago... My hair in my nostril is beginning to develop again.....
    My Top 10

1. Amouage Homage Attar
    3. YSL M7
    5. Chanel Egoiste
    6. 24 Gold by Scentstory
    7. Amouage Epic Man

Wow, I can't believe I missed this post back in December. I used to wear this stuff in the mid-90's (alternating with Kenzo). A dollar a bottle makes it the HP Touchpad of colognes.

I have no doubt every store in my area has been cleaned out, but I'm going to still check never-the-less.

i just read about this bargain about 2 hours ago. i went to the nearby dollar tree, and they had 10 bottles. well, they had 9 bottles and one empty box. i picked them all up. i'll gift some out, but i'm look forward to using the bulk of it myself. oh, and all of the bottles were splash. nothing an atomizer can't fix.

I find a decent deal at ebay

2 bottles for 7usd free shipping USA. I bought them.

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Not a trace they ever were in my local Dollar Tree.
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

Holy crap I went to a dollar tree today for the first time, and I spotted several bottles of Horizon. I checked the bottles out, and to my suprise they were the real thing. I didn't see a price tag other than $1, but it was closer to a different product. There was a lady next to me, and I asked her if everything was really a dollar here, and she said yep. I bought 5 bottles, and should have bought more.

It is a pretty good fragrance. Like a cross between Kenzo, and Eternity. I need to find an empty spray bottle now.

Just a heads up for anyone in the UK. Obviously we don't have the Dollar Tree deal available but there is a seller on eBay who is selling 50ml bottles for £5 delivered. Just got mine the other day. Well worth a look.

Unfortunately, I bought a few 50 ml sprays right before the $1 deal. They cost me $6 each but I'd take a $1 loss on them if anyone is interested (plus shipping, USA only).

Just stopped by my Dollar Tree and found at least 10. I only bought 4 since I can't remember smelling this ever or in a long time. I am wearing it now and I think it smells good so far. I don't know if I am in love with it although I really like Drakkar noir.

Thanks for the heads up OP.

Nice find