Code of Conduct

Default Article: Selena Gomez asks fans to pick notes for her debut fragrance

I voted for Texas BBQ Accord, Hemp Absolute and wet dog note.

Hope I win.

Ive tried to read the entire thing, but i cant pass the pick at the top :o

mnaonbn

Mod, please delete.
    Last edited by mnaonbn; 15th October 2017 at 12:18 PM.

"I have no idea what I want so I'll let someone else decide! Money in the bank! Fans will have better ideas than actual professional perfumers! Yes I am so SMRT"

Blog Entries

Ballot is available.

Your choice of middle notes are crappy jasmine or even crappier freesia.

Seriously.

Top notes: Lovely by Sarah Jessica Parker for Women
    Heart notes: Justin Bieber Someday by Justin Bieber
    Base notes: Wonderstruck by Taylor Swift

ka-ching, ka-ching, ka-ching.

Laugh all the way to the bank, Selena.

It is funny how the ad campaign is already shoot even though they don´t even have the perfume, which is weird considering that they don´t know "yet" the perfume notes. Anyway, I bet it will be a crappy atomic sugar bomb with as many artificial fruits as possible in it.

Default Re: Article: Selena Gomez asks fans to pick notes for her debut fragrance

Quote Originally Posted by mnaonbn View Post
    I see...So, to hell with having a creative vision (and thus meaningful purpose) for the perfume, right? This is PURELY a commercial venture and thus by definition is void of heart, soul, depth, and imagination. Gomez's fans and people are just going to give a list of arbitrary fragrance notes to some lowly perfumer at Givaudan, tell him (it will likely be a him) to swish them together, slap Gomez's name on the bottle, and sell, sell, sell. To top it all off, the "campaign imagery" (which looks idiotic) has already been shot, so who cares if it jibes with the actual end product (the perfume) right? Are you kidding me? This is the most overt (and lazy) example of celebrity commercialization involving perfume that I have ever encountered. What an insult, and how very pathetic. Ultimately, I predict that the perfume will largely be composed as follows: Orange, peach, pear, berries, rose, gardenia, jasmine, vanilla, caramel, musk, and amber (with a strong chance of trendy tropical notes like lychee, guava, and coconut).

Totally AGREE!!

I'm not sure we need to get so worked up. This is Selena Gomez. She is making this for tweens. Is anyone expecting anything better?

There's still plenty of room or good perfume, isn't there? I don't see how bad art should prevent good stuff from being made.

mnaonbn

Default Re: Article: Selena Gomez asks fans to pick notes for her debut fragrance

Mod, please delete.

Quote Originally Posted by mnaonbn View Post
    (Incidentally, Parisian tweens do not buy crap from Justin Bieber and Selena Gomez. They shop at the likes of Guerlain, Caron, Annick Goutal, Dior, and Yves Saint Laurent. I have seen it with my own eyes.)
    Absolutely true. I'm from Iceland and have been fragrance shopping here in Reykjavik for the holidays and perfumeries don't even carry this garbage. No Usher, no Justin Bieber, and no other celebrity-aggrandized corporate and unimaginative garbage. I doubt Selena Gomez's fragrance will even see the shelves here; none of this other crap does. It's called taste: something America is in desperate need of. I'm 19 years old, and my 15 year old cousins here laugh in the face of the desperation of American kids' willingness to pray to the altar of these generally unartistic and sensationalist "tween regimes." From a sane outsiders perspective, it's downright hilarious, and somewhat sad. These franchises have done enough to ruin music and television… there's really no need for them to ruin perfumery. Leave it to the professionals and artists.
    Last edited by oolafsson; 21st December 2011 at 12:56 AM.

mnaonbn

Mod, please delete.

I vote channle,the taste is so good.

Thanks for the passioned reply mnaonbn. You have good points. I suppose it's like that in every art, however.

In an ideal world, good work would be rewarded and the bad stuff not, but we all know, sadly, marketing plays a big role.

All the same, wouldn't it be hilarious if a fragrance by the likes of Selena Gomez or Paris Hilton was some unintentional gem?

mnaonbn

Mod, please delete.

:tongue:All I can say is BLUH!!!!! Maybe my 4yr old daughter will like it.

I have some notes suggestions, I think a large dose of "cheese," "cocaine" and "used condom" notes would be a propos especially given her invariable Lindsey Lohan/Britney future...

I don't see why you guys are so uptight! Who knows, maybe it will be good. It seems a little unfair to judge her! And I actually kind of like this girl. She just seems different than most child stars.:vrolijk_26:

mnaonbn

Mod, please delete.
    Last edited by mnaonbn; 15th October 2017 at 12:17 PM.

I cringe to think this is how most of the world views Americans when it comes to fragrance. :embarassed:

I honestly can't focus on anything but the picture. Grrrowl.

mnaonbn

Mod, please delete.
    Last edited by mnaonbn; 15th October 2017 at 12:17 PM.