Code of Conduct

Default Chance to get good deal on Santal 33 but have a couple of qsts..

Ok, so I have a buddy on the east coast that has offered me a pretty good deal on a bottle of Santal 33 from Le Labo. However, I have just gotten Poivre 23 and feel they may be too similar . What do you guys think?.......I would hate to for them to be too alike, make the purchase and regret it afterwards...especially after the amount I put down for Poivre 23.

Default Re: Chance to get good deal on Santal 33 but have a couple of qsts..

I haven't smelled Poivre 23 but own and love Santal 33. There is no way they can be similar.
    Santal 33 has no pepper in it.

for swap/sale:

hedonist222, It was probably the sandalwood and some other common elements that led me to wonder. If you could compare Santal 33 to any other scent in your collection what would it be?.......
    btw Poivre 23 is some compelling stuff in its own right. Imagine if you can a drydown that is still evolving after 16hours on the skin with just a single shot ..

stanmar, its unlike anything in my collection but I think its rather similar to Iris de Nuit by Heeley. I need to confirm that.

for swap/sale:

I don't find them anything alike and I wouldn't hesitate to to have both in the same wardrobe.

buy it. not similar. both great.

Basenotes Institution

They are nothing alike.

If I had to compare Santal 33 to any other scents it would be Black Orchid by Tom Ford or Costume National Homme by Costume National: A dense, fruity, thick oriental.

Poivre 23 is ultra peppery and very incense prominent, a unique scent that's for sure. Sort of like Piper Nigrum by Lorenzo Villoresi with incense.
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

Don't wanna spoil the party here but I would sample Santal 33 first. It was too dry and dour for me.

Hmm......I think I heard somebody say Black Orchid ....now I am getting interested in this Santal 33. I bought some Black Orchid for my gf and she smells great in it.

Mike, would you say S33 leans a bit more on the masculine side than Black Orchid ?

Santal and Poivre are TOTALLY different. Poivre is a black pepper blast for the first 30 minutes, which flawlessly transitions into a beautiful green olive oil smoothness and raw incense aroma. The
    More it dries down the creamier it gets as the vanilla gets stronger and plays against the incense like peanut better and jelly. The only interesting part of Poivre 23 is its projection. It doesnt shout across the room, but it always makes itself present... like a sleeping giant. As for Santal 33, I get a masterful sweet woody blend. At the same time there is an obvious violet note that dances with the sandalwood throughout the entire life of the frag. I also seem to get a very interesting and almost dirty petroleum vibe. Almost like a big rig's truck exhaust blended in the same fragrant air as the sweet sandalwood. It actually has a close resemblance to Dior's Fahrenheit. Everything from the violet, florals, woods and gas vibe. There is an obvious quality difference, and is also the only non-city exclusive to be amped up to 30% essential oils. I get at least 15+ hours every wearing. Just my opinion, Hope this helps.

In the zoo where I belong playing with my own feces

33 smells great once the dill wears off

╔════════════╗
    Monkey's Trade List║ ◄ lck t ☼─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─♂
    ╚════════════╝

In the zoo where I belong playing with my own feces

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    If I had to compare Santal 33 to any other scents it would be Black Orchid by Tom Ford or Costume National Homme by Costume National: A dense, fruity, thick oriental.
    uhh... whuut? smells like neither of those to me.

╔════════════╗
    Monkey's Trade List║ ◄ lck t ☼─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─♂
    ╚════════════╝