Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Default Re: Creed Aventus Is A Waste Of Money

Quote Originally Posted by PEARL View Post
    ...it works every time.
    This is true... Aventus is better than Sex Panther: 99% of the time, it works every time.

I don't smell any similarities between Aventus and Bulgari PH Extreme. Aventus is well worth it, but I wore it several times before coming to that conclusion.

Quote Originally Posted by slesperado View Post
    One of them said, "You're lucky this counter is between us, because if it weren't, I'd be all over you!"
    A _lunch lady_ said that? A tad inappropriate, really, if you are in high school, but flattering, no doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by tdwctdwc View Post
    you could also try Polo Blue for a nice Melon note that stays long .

Longevity and sillage are very good as well .
    I own Polo Blue, but I don't get any melon notes or any similarities to Aventus. Polo Blue is very sour as well. Aventus is light years ahead of Polo Blue.

pinapple?
    tous in heaven for him

I'm looking for a fruity fragrance. That's why I bought the Creed Aventus. The pineapple note is what caught my attention. I have tried another Creed, but I forgot the name of it. It had a strong coconut smell,and I kind of liked it.
    Do you know of any good fruity masculine fragrances?
    Your stating something about a Creed will brand you as a heretic by some! LOL!

I would try Diesel Fuel for Life for Men. It' a very sweet scent. Also try Rabanne One Million. These can be found everywhere.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

You misunderstood me.

I didn't sample the Bvlgari Pour Homme Extreme. Unfortunately, blind-bought a 1 ounce bottle 6 months ago. Bvlgari is my favorite house, and I own 7 of their fragrances. The only one from them I don't like is the Pour Homme Extreme.
    I sampled Creed Aventus because I couldn't afford a blind-buy. I do plan on trying other Creed fragrances because I don't want to judge a house on just one of their fragrances. I just think the Aventus is a waste of money because it provides the same results as Pour Homme Extreme (at least it does on me). If it smelled different, then I wouldn't mind at all.

I agree with you about initially hating a scent and later loving it. That happened with me when I tried Angel Men.
    I wish I did like how Aventus smells, because the ladies seem to love it.

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckW View Post
    Aventus has been a flat-out winner for me. No disappointment here.
    Same here.

Quote Originally Posted by Merely View Post
    A _lunch lady_ said that? A tad inappropriate, really, if you are in high school, but flattering, no doubt.
    I'm sorry. I should have been specific. I'm in college. I'm 29 years old, but all of the people at my college think I'm 19 for some strange reason. Yeah... I started college WAY LATE!!!

By The Way...
    Today will be the last day of my semester. I'll wear Creed Aventus on my left wrist and Bvlgari Pour Homme Extreme on my right wrist. If they're able to, I'll have them smell both and give their opinions of them. I'm a little embarrassed about it, but I'll "take one for the team"

YALL WILL NOT BELIEVE WHAT HAPPENED TO ME AT SCHOOL TODAY!!!

So... I decided to wear the Creed Aventus to school. As soon as I got there, I went to the lunch counter to buy some tea, as usual. There were four lunch ladies working behind the counter. Literally three seconds after I walked up to the counter, all four of the ladies FROZE in their steps. They were in awe, and their jaws dropped!
    They were like... "You smell SOO GOOD", "I can't believe how GOOD you smell", "You smell AMAZING"! They just kept going on and on!

They asked what I was wearing. I told them Creed Aventus. They said they'd never heard of it, but they absolutely LOVE it!
    I told them I hated it, and they insisted that it smelled amazing on me. I had been dealing with these women for about 6 months now, and this is the first time I'd ever had any type of reaction like that. All 4 of them were seriously aroused! I could see it in their faces.

One of them said, "You're lucky this counter is between us, because if it weren't, I'd be all over you!"

Guys, seriously!!! Why can't I smell it the way they smell it? This is driving me crazy!
    One thing I should point out is that they were cooking while all of this was happening, so the Creed Aventus apparently projected and cut through the dense smell of food. The ladies picked it up immediately without a problem.

Wow. I'd say nobody saw this coming except a lot of people did. Good luck with your Bulgari theory and the lunch ladies.

I know you're new here, but there is a search function. See how many guys have written similar stories about how Bulgari Pour Homme Extreme nearly got them devoured.

I cant smell Aventus, but its like some kind of dog whistle for some people.

Guys, seriously!!! Why can't I smell it the way they smell it? This is driving me crazy!
    Ah ! Now you have found yourself at a great existential divide : Do you wear what feels great to YOU....or do you go with what drives other people wild ?

When it comes to personal authenticity, this probably ain't gonna be the first time you find yourself up against something like this.

Oh the humanity !

I have not smelled Aventus, but think the only logical explanation is that Creed scientists have discovered that pineapple is a pheremone; in order not to destroy society by publishing this fact in science journals, they are benefiting civilisation by confining such dangerous knowledge to one of their perfumes.

Basenotes Junkie

well If you are spending 250$ or something, your expectations would be a lot higher.

i understand your point but may be you might need to give it time

What is Cool Water to Green Irish tweed, that is Burberry Summer 2009 to Aventus. Bvlgari PH extreme has nothing to do with Aventus or vice versa, maybe Bvlgari PH Soir, but far fetched although style and vibe mayhaps...

In initial blast Aventus is very much similar to Emporio Armani He, but that lasts only for a few minutes.
    Last edited by Zgb; 15th December 2011 at 01:14 PM.

Burbery Summer 09 is the only scent wich truly reminds me of Aventus, but Aventus is sooooooo better !

Alright, everybody. THE TEST RESULTS ARE IN!!!
    Unfortunately, two of the lunch ladies were on break, so I was only able to catch the other two.

I gave them both a "blind test". I sprayed Bvlgari Pour Homme Extreme on the back of my right hand, and I sprayed Creed Aventus on the back of my left hand. I did not tell them which hand had which cologne.

I let the first lady smell them. She said she liked my left hand better than my right. I asked her if she thought they smelled similar. She said there was no similarity at all.

I walked over to the second lady to give her the test. Luckily, she didn't see which hand the first lady picked.
    I reached out my hands so she could smell them, and she grabbed each one of them very aggressively (I think she was aroused again). Guess which one she picked! My LEFT HAND! She also told me that there was no similarity.

So, Creed Aventus defeats Bvlgari Pour Homme Extreme according to the ladies.
    The "aggressive" lady had a big smile on her face afterwards
    It's too bad that I used the last of my Aventus sample today.
    I'm still not a huge fan of this Creed Aventus, but it's starting to grow on me and I'd like to purchase some more to see what type of reactions I'll get from wearing it.

I'll purchase a decant of Creed Millesime Imperial later today. The next one I'll try will be Virgin Island Water.
    Thanks for all of the help, guys!

Make sure whatever size you get has a sprayer. My Aventus and L'instant Extreme were even better when sprayed as opposed to dabing from a sample vial. Samples just don't have the magic to me. When sprayed, they are much more alive/fresh, and stronger. In the past, I had given up on a couple fragrances too early because I did not understand them and had not enough experience with them. Make sure you really like it for yourself though, unless your aim is just to make the lunch ladies day; which would be an expensive gesture...just what are you wanting them to serve? J/K.

Quote Originally Posted by StylinLA View Post
    Wow. I'd say nobody saw this coming except a lot of people did. Good luck with your Bulgari theory and the lunch ladies.

I know you're new here, but there is a search function. See how many guys have written similar stories about how Bulgari Pour Homme Extreme nearly got them devoured.

I tried the search, but I couldn't seem to get it to work. I'll believe you about the stories that were written by other guys being "devoured" while wearing the Bvlgari Pour Homme Extreme.

By The Way... Even though I've owned my bottle of Bvlgari Pour Homme Extreme for about 6 months, today was the first time I've ever worn it in public. I was too embarrassed to wear it in the past because of my strong dislike for it. The only reason I wore it today was just to compare it with the Creed Aventus. Haha! I'll probably never wear the BPHE in public again. The two lunch ladies did say they liked the BPHE, but they still liked the Creed Aventus a lot better.

I dont get major similarities between those two fragrances.

Also, building up expectations leads to disappointment but sometimes when you live with smells for a little while you smell them differently.

And good god, how anyone has high expectations for creed after being on this site and reading about the neverending problems is beyond me. If I were a newbie my expectations would be so low I wouldnt even bother

Quote Originally Posted by pawful View Post
    I dont get major similarities between those two fragrances.

Also, building up expectations leads to disappointment but sometimes when you live with smells for a little while you smell them differently.

And good god, how anyone has high expectations for creed after being on this site and reading about the neverending problems is beyond me. If I were a newbie my expectations would be so low I wouldnt even bother
    I didn't really have high or low expectations with Aventus. I just had a high curiosity, especially since I'd never smelled a cologne that consisted of a pineapple note. Also, my favorite cologne (over the past two years) is Bvlgari Pour Homme Soir. I've read a lot of mixed review over that one, but it seems to work well on my skin. I'm already halfway through my third bottle. Seeing that Aventus had such mixed reviews, I decided to give it a shot. I might try it again in a few months.

By The Way... I've also received mixed reactions from women while wearing Pour Homme Soir. Girls either aroused by it, disgusted by it, or unable to detect it at all. Bvlgari Pour Homme Soir is a strange one for sure!

Quote Originally Posted by pawful View Post
    Probably after reading a thread like this where half the people are saying they've never had women react to a frag like they do with Aventus.

Aventus works like a charm sprayed on clothing, jackets, I spray it on my backpack and it lasts like a week makes the whole room smell amazing.

Love the stuff, I tend to spray jackets or backpack when I want to use it more as an office room freshener that way I can smell it when I come and go lol. I also spray liberally on clothing and I will catch whiffs throughout the day, it's very deceptive but it's one of the top compliment magnets I have worn.
    “Perfume is like cocktails without the hangover, like chocolate without the calories, like an affair without tears, like a vacation from which you never have to come back.”

slesperado, completely irrelevant note unrelated to the topic of Creed Aventus, but if you're the same guy, I really enjoy your YouTube videos!

Quote Originally Posted by ChevChelios View Post
    slesperado, completely irrelevant note unrelated to the topic of Creed Aventus, but if you're the same guy, I really enjoy your YouTube videos!
    Yeah, Man. I'm the same guy. Thanks

oh the lunch ladies story made my day! Haven't mentioned it before, but Aventus was probably the only scent I got female compliments on in this office. Last time I wore it, couldnt smell it myself, but the best looking girl asked me "hey what's the name of the scent you are wearing?". Not intending to sound any posh responded with "oh that's just Brute" She remarked "yeah right! It smells really nice. That suits you well!".

Quote Originally Posted by charliefrown View Post
    oh the lunch ladies story made my day! Haven't mentioned it before, but Aventus was probably the only scent I got female compliments on in this office. Last time I wore it, couldnt smell it myself, but the best looking girl asked me "hey what's the name of the scent you are wearing?". Not intending to sound any posh responded with "oh that's just Brute" She remarked "yeah right! It smells really nice. That suits you well!".
    Haha! Smooth move! Now you won't have to worry about anyone else in your office smelling like you

The lunch ladies situation shocked me as well. They never complimented any of my other fragrances, and I had visited those same ladies almost every day for the past 6 or 7 months. I didn't even apply very much Aventus either (mainly because I had a 2.5 mL sample that had a CRAPPY atomizer).

Disgusting
    *BASENOTES SPLITS*
    Creed Green Irish Tweed, Millesime Imperial, AVENTUS
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/289345-
    *CRYSTAL FLACON SPLITS*
    Creed Green Irish Tweed, Millesime Imperial, AVENTUS
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?p=927#927

*BIG SALE- Chanel, Dior, Creed, Mona di Orio, Puredistance....
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/383...re#post3178152

I'm still laughing about the guy who posted the little yellow guy shitting a brick LOL. I had never seen that one before. Anyway Aventus does smell great, but I haven't had chicks falling on me or anything YET!

I recently bought Aventus and I love it...
    Haven't got any compliments yet......

May I ask where you guys are spraying your Aventus ?
    and should I be applying a non scent moisturizer before i spray??

It is a bit colder where I live but when i'm indoors i want to smell good

Same here, my nose shuts it off, while people get waves of the sillage trail, and I'm talking many hours after application. I love the scent and have gotten many compliments from women..

Quote Originally Posted by checker View Post
    Same here, my nose shuts it off, while people get waves of the sillage trail, and I'm talking many hours after application. I love the scent and have gotten many compliments from women..
    I don't doubt you in the slightest. This is like the "portrait of Dorian Gray" of fragrance for horney guys. Whats in that stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by kech View Post
    I recently bought Aventus and I love it...
    Haven't got any compliments yet......

May I ask where you guys are spraying your Aventus ?
    and should I be applying a non scent moisturizer before i spray??

It is a bit colder where I live but when i'm indoors i want to smell good
    I think it works good in cool & hot weather, but best in hot.
    One in the chest, and one on each side of my neck is what I do.
    Personally I never had to use lotions to make it last.

Enjoy

I don't doubt you in the slightest. This is like the "portrait of Dorian Gray" of fragrance for horney guys. Whats in that stuff.

Call it olfactory fatigue or whatever you want, it's a common occurrence for mewith scents like Aventus, GIT, Gendarme, and most Bvlgari scents. I can't smell a damn thing and I'm talking nose to wrist hours after application yet people were asking me what I was wearing. Then I have fragrances that I can literally smell on myself all day...stronger scents like Tobacco Vanille, Amen etc. It's a mystery for sure but a proven fact...

Wear it more often. Might take your nose some time to register it. This has happened to me with a few scents. I smell it all day.

Quote Originally Posted by b0n3z View Post
    Wear it more often. Might take your nose some time to register it. This has happened to me with a few scents. I smell it all day.
    Actually its when I give the scent a break so to speak for a few weeks. I can detect it longer on my skin. If I use aventus frequently my nose completely tunes it out. I know it lasts for sure based on the comments I've received. I wore it out to a dinner Sunday night. Two hours later when my friend and wife picked me up, they said "damn you have enough cologne on?" I couldn't smell anything at all..

Quote Originally Posted by checker View Post
    Two hours later when my friend and wife picked me up, they said "damn you have enough cologne on?" I couldn't smell anything at all..
    That's what spooks me about it...have had the same experience a couple of times. Its like an invisible fragrance which makes it hard to get the dose right. My boss kicked my ass last time I wore it.

I tried Aventus when it first came out through a perfumed court sample, and didn't like it. I ended up giving the remainder of the sample away to another basenoter, who told me it was a dreaded "ashy batch." I'm now about to try Aventus again, just for the hell of it. Creed sucks me in despite myself. At their best, several Creeds are untouchable (to my nose). But their best are too damn inconsistent for me.
    Current Top Five:

1. Creed Green Irish Tweed
    2. Tom Ford Neroli Portofino
    3. Hermes Concentre d'Orange Verte
    4. Bond No. 9 New Haarlem
    5. Creed Original Vetiver

That's what spooks me about it...have had the same experience a couple of times. Its like an invisible fragrance which makes it hard to get the dose right. My boss kicked my ass last time I wore it.
    Haha really? Was it right after application or a few hours later that your boss said something ? With that said I still love it...we should call Aventus the "Phantom" scent, it always leaves me scratching my head wondering why I cant detect it after 30 minutes..

Aventus has grown on me, I like it more now than I used to. However it doesn't justify a purchase. I would pay 100 at most for a 4 ouncer. It reminds me of Gucci by Gucci, with some apple or pineapple added.

Quote Originally Posted by b0n3z View Post
    I agree, and here's been my experience. I tried Aventus when it first came out, and I'm not sure what I was expecting but I felt very non-plussed about it. Seemed to me to be a fairly common scent, and I gave it no chance.

A year passed, and I was seeking something to add to my collection that was suitable for warm weather. Speaking with the SA at the Creed counter in Neimans, she asked "Have you tried Aventus?" She sprayed me, and I gave it a few minutes. Surprise! Different place, different time, different circumstance and reason for looking, and suddenly this was sparkling! This was a brilliant scent for summer - light enough though not fleeting, just the right amount of intrigue. I also found people asking what I was wearing and it garnered interest (and I wear a lot of unique stuff).

I also took it with me to the Philippines recently, not a place where anyone wants a heavy, cloying scent. This worked perfectly. Balanced, light, and you don't feel suffocated by it. Projection (as the Lunch Lady Dude pointed out) is terrific, longevity is better than most Creeds. I ended up liking...strike that, loving this fragrance, though it's only a daily-wearer for me in tropical summer in the Northeast.

Bottom line is that people will like what they do, whether it's a $10 bottle of Old Spice or a $280 bottle of Creed. Whatever gets you through the night is alright, as the song goes. I just wouldn't compare Creed with a standard Department Store frag, since the concentration, components, and quality will be different.

D to the E to the N to the V to the E to the R
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dogsinatub View Post
    It smells like Irish Spring. A $250 bar of soap.
    hahaha I don't know if I agree entirely with that but ooouch! definitely not a vote of confidence.

D to the E to the N to the V to the E to the R
    Blog Entries

My feeling is that Creed isn't innovative anymore. They haven't made scents worth the price point since that last run of amazing Millisemes they made, GIT/MI/SMW/Himalaya etc. That was a great time for Creed, that period maybe 25 years ago or so(?) It's the reason why I will never go so far as to say Creed is overrated. On the other hand, I just don't get all of these new ones. VIW smells like tanning lotion as far as I'm concerned. Aventus was better but not innovative. I'm going to get a sample at some point of Wood and Spices (or however it is named) but my expectations are not high anymore.

Anyway As I recall Aventus smelled more like apple than pineapple but it was just a small vial sample awhile back. Also I don't think it smells like Bvlgari PHE, but I don't have a bottle of that anymore. It sounds like Millesime Imperial might work well for you; it was my absolute favorite years ago and the first cologne experience I ever had that truly amazed me. Look into that one. But I have to say Virgin Island Water was a big disappointment. And on top of that, it seems appropriate only for certain situations, because it smells like tanning lotion and it evokes images of frufru drinks to me.
    Last edited by autumngleeman; 22nd December 2011 at 09:18 PM.

Okay... It happened again, guys.

I decided to buy a large decant of Aventus a couple of days ago for a follow-up evaluation.
    The first sample that I bought (the one the lunch ladies loved) was from a 2010 batch.
    This new decant is from a 2011 batch, and it smells VERY different.
    The 2010 batch was extremely smoky, and this 2011 batch has LOTS of pineapple and only a smidgen of smoke, so this one smells nothing like Bvlgari Pour Homme Extreme.

Now to the main point...

I've been wearing colognes for over 10 years now, and I've been eating fast food ever since I can remember.
    I've gone through drive-throughs hundreds of times, but tonight's drive-through experience was a "first" for me.
    I was coming home from band practice, and I decided to go to McDonald's to get something to eat.
    While I was waiting at the window for my receipt, the cashier said, "OH! It smells so good coming from [the inside of] your car".
    I was shocked because I wasn't expecting anything, especially since I couldn't smell it anymore.
    I was a good 3 feet away from the window, and this occurred 4½ hours after application.
    And again... Aventus proved that it's a projection monster by cutting trough the heavy smell of food.

I now regret saying such negative things about Aventus. Just like many others in the fragrance community, I have done a 180 on my views of Aventus. I'm going to save up money so I can purchase a full bottle.
    I'm also going to purchase a full bottle Virgin Island Water because that stuff puts me in such a REALLY good mood.
    I wore Virgin Island Water to band practice 3 days ago, and my singer (who is female) could not stop smiling

Aventus and Virgin Island Water are now my favorite colognes and will be my signature scents.

P.S.
    I personally like the 2011 batch of Aventus more than I like the 2010 batch of Aventus.
    That smokiness was just too much for me Maybe I'll eventually like it.
    My current batch number is C42B11X02.

They were like... "You smell SOO GOOD", ... All 4 of them were seriously aroused! ... immediately without a problem.
    To "smell good" to four cooking ladies at the counter at the same times means, You did not smell really sexual appealing to them. They were just thankful that You did not smell like Yourself.

A smell that may be arousing has to be specific, it has to signal a perfect genetic match between You and Your partner. This is a well known fact. Then it is quite unlikely to happen that each of four arbitrary selected ladies find Aventus to be a match to her genetics.

I think Aventus is so kitschy, so devoid of any match to a persons body odor, so plastic, it stands for being a non-human. No 4-letter words, no body, no desires, no feelings, but just being a political correct, fully functional in-significant other.

I don't want to exaggerate a potential 'meaning' of that juice. Given the right mood You could even see deeper meanings in such objects:

I don't think it's fine art. Regardless lots of (female?) people around who would express their feelings full-heartedly: "Soooo cuuuteee!"

<edit> ... ahh, again we end up in comparing batch numbers indicating completely different scents. Guys, is that considered a reasonably quality worth in-countable amounts of dollars? Could You please respect Yourself!
    Last edited by WildThingy; 8th January 2012 at 10:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mesaboogie View Post
    Bro if you want fruity pineapple and you got around $20 to spend, do yourself a flavor and get Lapidus Pour Homme.
    yup!

From a complete waste of money, to a great buy and one of your favourites!

Funny topic. Amazing how peer perception can contribute to your own perception.

I'm aroused if a woman walks by me and she's wearing Bvlgari Pour Femme. I think that stuff is sexy, regardless of the wearer.
    I also think that most other men would be aroused by it too, but it's not common for a woman to wear that stuff (at least in my area).

I also think it's important to list the differences between the batch numbers because there are some people that prefer the smoky smell and others that prefer the pineapple or apple smell.
    I do agree that Creed should probably make at least two versions of Aventus, like "Aventus" and "Aventus Intense", and figure out a way to keep a certain consistency from batch to batch. That would make it so much easier.

I also think it's important to list the differences between the batch numbers because there are some people that prefer the smoky smell and others that prefer the pineapple or apple smell.
    I do agree that Creed should probably make at least two versions of Aventus, like "Aventus" and "Aventus Intense", and figure out a way to keep a certain consistency from batch to batch. That would make it so much easier.
    There is a thread of more and more alarming concerns regarding batch numbers:
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/267...-batch-numbers

I think if Creed would manufacture a serious device, say a mechanical lemon squeezer nobody would accept that much variations from batch to batch. I wonder how people who payed that much on such well balanced, hence delicious concoctions cope with the tremendous feel to have gotten the plain wrong product! Could a Creed be "spot on" under circumstances like this?

I'm aroused if a woman walks by me and she's wearing ... regardless of the wearer.
    I also think that most other men would be aroused by it too, but ...
    Hmmm - I don't like perfume on others. Especially when it comes to sexual attractiveness. I definitely prefer the genuine smell of a beloved one over any fragrance. Measured against an interesting body odor every perfume is a bold primitive, if not inducing a conflict. And vice versa no woman ever complimented me for perfume. To the contrary many expressed their joy in smelling me as I am. I have been called names because of wearing perfume which interfered destructively with their original pleasure, go figure!

Quote Originally Posted by Axcell View Post
    Aventus does smell like piss.. I'm not going to lie.
    When I first got it.. I got caught up in all the Basenotes hype... bought a few decants from different batches which I'm stuck with now. I could never wear it.. might just be my age group (20 year old male.)

Compared to MI and VIW (both of which are great fragrances... not excellent... but decant worthy)... Aventus is a pass for me.
    you selling your Aventus since it's junk??? PM me and we'll discuss. Lol

Banned
    Blog Entries

I don't think it's a waste of money per say, but in my opinion it isn't worth the hefty price tag. Maybe at a discount . . .

Aventus has a surprisingly uninspired fruit opening to me. An uninteresting blend of pineapple and apple with some currant. I'm disappointed at how unrealistic this accord is. It's definitely a very high quality material comprising it, but I'm not getting the rich pineapple experience I thought I was in for.

Then it dries down into an inky semblance of what brand-new and starchy-crisp dollar bills smell like. Wouldn't call it "smoky" in the least. Aventus apparently means "success," so I guess this is the interpretation: success smells literally like fresh-off-the-press money.

Meh. My love for Green Irish Tweed grows ever stronger.

I think it's real value, factoring quality of concept & composition, quality of ingredients, and overall likability, I place it on the same tier as scents going for $70-$80 per 100ml.

So yes, at retail price, a huge waste of money.

I think it's great. My top fragrance. It's very versatile. Can be worn on many different occasions. It emits a pheromone enhancing scent. I read above how the lady's eye seemed like she wanted him bc of the cologne. I myself have had the same thing happen to me but I acted on it and took full advantage of what "Aventus" truly is. Its a magic potion. I can't be without it.

YALL WILL NOT BELIEVE WHAT HAPPENED TO ME AT SCHOOL TODAY!!!

So... I decided to wear the Creed Aventus to school. As soon as I got there, I went to the lunch counter to buy some tea, as usual. There were four lunch ladies working behind the counter. Literally three seconds after I walked up to the counter, all four of the ladies FROZE in their steps. They were in awe, and their jaws dropped!
    They were like... "You smell SOO GOOD", "I can't believe how GOOD you smell", "You smell AMAZING"! They just kept going on and on!

They asked what I was wearing. I told them Creed Aventus. They said they'd never heard of it, but they absolutely LOVE it!
    I told them I hated it, and they insisted that it smelled amazing on me. I had been dealing with these women for about 6 months now, and this is the first time I'd ever had any type of reaction like that. All 4 of them were seriously aroused! I could see it in their faces.

One thing I should point out is that they were cooking while all of this was happening, so the Creed Aventus apparently projected and cut through the dense smell of food. The ladies picked it up immediately without a problem.
    LOL, what a story! Are you sure you didn't mis-hear them? Maybe they said they are glad the counter is there so you cant get any closer. JK!

Seriously, I am not a fan of Aventus, but I like Creed, and Royal English Leather and Royal Oud are two of my favorite scents. I loved SMW the first time I tested it, but I haven't been able to replicate that with two 2.5 ml samples from TPC.

Probably got a bad batch. I love this shit and so does my girlfriend and anyone who smells me. Do you, homie. Maybe you can get free lunch from those cafeteria ladies. Win!

Quote Originally Posted by CanwllCorfe View Post
    To me it smells like a sports fragrance from the 90s. Not really a fan. I had such high hopes too!
    For some reason, the very first run of bottles (perhaps even before A4210E01) had a big dose of this long lasting, chilly, "Jovan bodyTonic aloe gel aftershave" type note to them, a very creamy, cold, metallic, nondescript fruity note to my nose. I distinctly remember the room I put the tester card in smelling very strongly of it for days every day I came in. I remember thinking that this very first batch's levels of syntheticness and rubbery metallicness were an insult since Aventus actually cost MORE than the Millesime line.

Subsequent batches were even worse, all "artificial smoke flavor", almost no fruit and very little "90's nondescript fruity metallic sport scent", even less patchouli.

I always did like the very simple synthetic-moss/white musk/ambrox/isobutavan drydown, despite not finding the base creed-marque-worthy-quality, it was simple and pleasing.......................................... and a waste of money.

That might have been what I was picking up! Needless to say, I didn't feel compelled to smell it again. I wasn't a big fan of the smokiness, but did think it was interesting. I honestly don't understand the amount of hype behind this one. I'm glad for the people that like it though. Maybe I'm just picky.
    “Love is when a girl puts on perfume and a boy puts on shaving cologne and they go out and smell each other.”
    Karl, age 5

Swapping
    Selling
    Seeking

I'm yet to appreciate this fully. I had a decant and it was very smokey, to the point of being ashy. I've heard of the 'ashy batch' so can only assume I got this.

Would have been really pissed if I'd bought a full bottle.

Banned
    Blog Entries

"Ashy" and "smoky" are two different scents. I agree with DULLAH - it smells like a common '90s tonic of some sort. It's not a bad fragrance, just not particularly distinguished.