Code of Conduct
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Default Re: Creed Aventus Is A Waste Of Money

Quote Originally Posted by PEARL View Post
    ...it works every time.
    This is true... Aventus is better than Sex Panther: 99% of the time, it works every time.

I don't smell any similarities between Aventus and Bulgari PH Extreme. Aventus is well worth it, but I wore it several times before coming to that conclusion.

Quote Originally Posted by slesperado View Post
    One of them said, "You're lucky this counter is between us, because if it weren't, I'd be all over you!"
    A _lunch lady_ said that? A tad inappropriate, really, if you are in high school, but flattering, no doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by tdwctdwc View Post
    you could also try Polo Blue for a nice Melon note that stays long .

Longevity and sillage are very good as well .
    I own Polo Blue, but I don't get any melon notes or any similarities to Aventus. Polo Blue is very sour as well. Aventus is light years ahead of Polo Blue.

pinapple?
    tous in heaven for him

I'm looking for a fruity fragrance. That's why I bought the Creed Aventus. The pineapple note is what caught my attention. I have tried another Creed, but I forgot the name of it. It had a strong coconut smell,and I kind of liked it.
    Do you know of any good fruity masculine fragrances?
    Your stating something about a Creed will brand you as a heretic by some! LOL!

I would try Diesel Fuel for Life for Men. It' a very sweet scent. Also try Rabanne One Million. These can be found everywhere.
    "No elegance is possible without it...perfume is a part of you." Gabrielle "Coco" Chanel
    Currently wearing: Memoir Woman by Amouage

You misunderstood me.

I didn't sample the Bvlgari Pour Homme Extreme. Unfortunately, blind-bought a 1 ounce bottle 6 months ago. Bvlgari is my favorite house, and I own 7 of their fragrances. The only one from them I don't like is the Pour Homme Extreme.
    I sampled Creed Aventus because I couldn't afford a blind-buy. I do plan on trying other Creed fragrances because I don't want to judge a house on just one of their fragrances. I just think the Aventus is a waste of money because it provides the same results as Pour Homme Extreme (at least it does on me). If it smelled different, then I wouldn't mind at all.

I agree with you about initially hating a scent and later loving it. That happened with me when I tried Angel Men.
    I wish I did like how Aventus smells, because the ladies seem to love it.

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckW View Post
    Aventus has been a flat-out winner for me. No disappointment here.
    Same here.

Quote Originally Posted by Merely View Post
    A _lunch lady_ said that? A tad inappropriate, really, if you are in high school, but flattering, no doubt.
    I'm sorry. I should have been specific. I'm in college. I'm 29 years old, but all of the people at my college think I'm 19 for some strange reason. Yeah... I started college WAY LATE!!!

By The Way...
    Today will be the last day of my semester. I'll wear Creed Aventus on my left wrist and Bvlgari Pour Homme Extreme on my right wrist. If they're able to, I'll have them smell both and give their opinions of them. I'm a little embarrassed about it, but I'll "take one for the team"

Los Angeles, CA- too damn close to Scent Bar

YALL WILL NOT BELIEVE WHAT HAPPENED TO ME AT SCHOOL TODAY!!!

So... I decided to wear the Creed Aventus to school. As soon as I got there, I went to the lunch counter to buy some tea, as usual. There were four lunch ladies working behind the counter. Literally three seconds after I walked up to the counter, all four of the ladies FROZE in their steps. They were in awe, and their jaws dropped!
    They were like... "You smell SOO GOOD", "I can't believe how GOOD you smell", "You smell AMAZING"! They just kept going on and on!

They asked what I was wearing. I told them Creed Aventus. They said they'd never heard of it, but they absolutely LOVE it!
    I told them I hated it, and they insisted that it smelled amazing on me. I had been dealing with these women for about 6 months now, and this is the first time I'd ever had any type of reaction like that. All 4 of them were seriously aroused! I could see it in their faces.

One of them said, "You're lucky this counter is between us, because if it weren't, I'd be all over you!"

Guys, seriously!!! Why can't I smell it the way they smell it? This is driving me crazy!
    One thing I should point out is that they were cooking while all of this was happening, so the Creed Aventus apparently projected and cut through the dense smell of food. The ladies picked it up immediately without a problem.

Wow. I'd say nobody saw this coming except a lot of people did. Good luck with your Bulgari theory and the lunch ladies.

I know you're new here, but there is a search function. See how many guys have written similar stories about how Bulgari Pour Homme Extreme nearly got them devoured.

I cant smell Aventus, but its like some kind of dog whistle for some people.

Guys, seriously!!! Why can't I smell it the way they smell it? This is driving me crazy!
    Ah ! Now you have found yourself at a great existential divide : Do you wear what feels great to YOU....or do you go with what drives other people wild ?

When it comes to personal authenticity, this probably ain't gonna be the first time you find yourself up against something like this.

Oh the humanity !

I have not smelled Aventus, but think the only logical explanation is that Creed scientists have discovered that pineapple is a pheremone; in order not to destroy society by publishing this fact in science journals, they are benefiting civilisation by confining such dangerous knowledge to one of their perfumes.

Basenotes Junkie

well If you are spending 250$ or something, your expectations would be a lot higher.

i understand your point but may be you might need to give it time

What is Cool Water to Green Irish tweed, that is Burberry Summer 2009 to Aventus. Bvlgari PH extreme has nothing to do with Aventus or vice versa, maybe Bvlgari PH Soir, but far fetched although style and vibe mayhaps...

In initial blast Aventus is very much similar to Emporio Armani He, but that lasts only for a few minutes.
    Last edited by Zgb; 15th December 2011 at 02:14 PM.
    Currently wearing: Xeryus Rouge by Givenchy

Burbery Summer 09 is the only scent wich truly reminds me of Aventus, but Aventus is sooooooo better !

Alright, everybody. THE TEST RESULTS ARE IN!!!
    Unfortunately, two of the lunch ladies were on break, so I was only able to catch the other two.

I gave them both a "blind test". I sprayed Bvlgari Pour Homme Extreme on the back of my right hand, and I sprayed Creed Aventus on the back of my left hand. I did not tell them which hand had which cologne.

I let the first lady smell them. She said she liked my left hand better than my right. I asked her if she thought they smelled similar. She said there was no similarity at all.

I walked over to the second lady to give her the test. Luckily, she didn't see which hand the first lady picked.
    I reached out my hands so she could smell them, and she grabbed each one of them very aggressively (I think she was aroused again). Guess which one she picked! My LEFT HAND! She also told me that there was no similarity.

So, Creed Aventus defeats Bvlgari Pour Homme Extreme according to the ladies.
    The "aggressive" lady had a big smile on her face afterwards
    It's too bad that I used the last of my Aventus sample today.
    I'm still not a huge fan of this Creed Aventus, but it's starting to grow on me and I'd like to purchase some more to see what type of reactions I'll get from wearing it.

I'll purchase a decant of Creed Millesime Imperial later today. The next one I'll try will be Virgin Island Water.
    Thanks for all of the help, guys!

Make sure whatever size you get has a sprayer. My Aventus and L'instant Extreme were even better when sprayed as opposed to dabing from a sample vial. Samples just don't have the magic to me. When sprayed, they are much more alive/fresh, and stronger. In the past, I had given up on a couple fragrances too early because I did not understand them and had not enough experience with them. Make sure you really like it for yourself though, unless your aim is just to make the lunch ladies day; which would be an expensive gesture...just what are you wanting them to serve? J/K.

Quote Originally Posted by StylinLA View Post
    Wow. I'd say nobody saw this coming except a lot of people did. Good luck with your Bulgari theory and the lunch ladies.

I know you're new here, but there is a search function. See how many guys have written similar stories about how Bulgari Pour Homme Extreme nearly got them devoured.

I cant smell Aventus, but its like some kind of dog whistle for some people.
    I tried the search, but I couldn't seem to get it to work. I'll believe you about the stories that were written by other guys being "devoured" while wearing the Bvlgari Pour Homme Extreme.

By The Way... Even though I've owned my bottle of Bvlgari Pour Homme Extreme for about 6 months, today was the first time I've ever worn it in public. I was too embarrassed to wear it in the past because of my strong dislike for it. The only reason I wore it today was just to compare it with the Creed Aventus. Haha! I'll probably never wear the BPHE in public again. The two lunch ladies did say they liked the BPHE, but they still liked the Creed Aventus a lot better.

I dont get major similarities between those two fragrances.

Also, building up expectations leads to disappointment but sometimes when you live with smells for a little while you smell them differently.

And good god, how anyone has high expectations for creed after being on this site and reading about the neverending problems is beyond me. If I were a newbie my expectations would be so low I wouldnt even bother

Quote Originally Posted by pawful View Post
    I dont get major similarities between those two fragrances.

Also, building up expectations leads to disappointment but sometimes when you live with smells for a little while you smell them differently.

And good god, how anyone has high expectations for creed after being on this site and reading about the neverending problems is beyond me. If I were a newbie my expectations would be so low I wouldnt even bother
    I didn't really have high or low expectations with Aventus. I just had a high curiosity, especially since I'd never smelled a cologne that consisted of a pineapple note. Also, my favorite cologne (over the past two years) is Bvlgari Pour Homme Soir. I've read a lot of mixed review over that one, but it seems to work well on my skin. I'm already halfway through my third bottle. Seeing that Aventus had such mixed reviews, I decided to give it a shot. I might try it again in a few months.

By The Way... I've also received mixed reactions from women while wearing Pour Homme Soir. Girls either aroused by it, disgusted by it, or unable to detect it at all. Bvlgari Pour Homme Soir is a strange one for sure!

Quote Originally Posted by pawful View Post
    Probably after reading a thread like this where half the people are saying they've never had women react to a frag like they do with Aventus.

Aventus works like a charm sprayed on clothing, jackets, I spray it on my backpack and it lasts like a week makes the whole room smell amazing.

Love the stuff, I tend to spray jackets or backpack when I want to use it more as an office room freshener that way I can smell it when I come and go lol. I also spray liberally on clothing and I will catch whiffs throughout the day, it's very deceptive but it's one of the top compliment magnets I have worn.
    “Perfume is like cocktails without the hangover, like chocolate without the calories, like an affair without tears, like a vacation from which you never have to come back.”

slesperado, completely irrelevant note unrelated to the topic of Creed Aventus, but if you're the same guy, I really enjoy your YouTube videos!

Quote Originally Posted by ChevChelios View Post
    slesperado, completely irrelevant note unrelated to the topic of Creed Aventus, but if you're the same guy, I really enjoy your YouTube videos!
    Yeah, Man. I'm the same guy. Thanks

oh the lunch ladies story made my day! Haven't mentioned it before, but Aventus was probably the only scent I got female compliments on in this office. Last time I wore it, couldnt smell it myself, but the best looking girl asked me "hey what's the name of the scent you are wearing?". Not intending to sound any posh responded with "oh that's just Brute" She remarked "yeah right! It smells really nice. That suits you well!".

Quote Originally Posted by charliefrown View Post
    oh the lunch ladies story made my day! Haven't mentioned it before, but Aventus was probably the only scent I got female compliments on in this office. Last time I wore it, couldnt smell it myself, but the best looking girl asked me "hey what's the name of the scent you are wearing?". Not intending to sound any posh responded with "oh that's just Brute" She remarked "yeah right! It smells really nice. That suits you well!".
    Haha! Smooth move! Now you won't have to worry about anyone else in your office smelling like you

The lunch ladies situation shocked me as well. They never complimented any of my other fragrances, and I had visited those same ladies almost every day for the past 6 or 7 months. I didn't even apply very much Aventus either (mainly because I had a 2.5 mL sample that had a CRAPPY atomizer).

Disgusting
    Want to trade - Chanel Platinum Egoiste for Dior Eau Sauvage...
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/394...82#post3308582

I'm still laughing about the guy who posted the little yellow guy shitting a brick LOL. I had never seen that one before. Anyway Aventus does smell great, but I haven't had chicks falling on me or anything YET!