Code of Conduct
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Default Re: Creed Aventus Is A Waste Of Money

Quote Originally Posted by nfn1983 View Post
    Aventus is not in my top 3 and I think it's never groundbreaking or special, but is definitely a very good scent with good longevity and projection which I never regret purchasing the full 120ml bottle.
    Truely a 4-star scent to me...
    Took the words out of my mouth!

Have to try this one yet.

Quote Originally Posted by MisterT View Post
    I'm going to have to disagree. I have Silver Mountain Water, but Aventus is the best fragrance I have ever smelled. It is high in price, but it's a price I'll pay again, and again....especially with the amount of compliments I get when wearing it. I would say give it a chance, and let the middle notes come out. Also, the samples aren't the best to go off of. I got samples of SMW and Aventus, and my bottles smell a little different. And yes they were all real. I got them from Saks.

- - - Updated - - -

The real downside is that these are probably counterfeit. Be very careful wear you spend your money. I would never buy a Creed fragrance online unless it from Creed's website. I've done my research, and the likelihood of getting a $260 bottle for $180 or less, and is authentic is slim, or even a 4.0 oz. bottle for that matter. It's $315 on their website. Why in the world, if it's real, would it be less than that unless its used? Just sayin'.

Hilarious.
    "The samples aren't the best to go off"
    "They are probably counterfeit"

I bet you believe that stuff about royal pineapples and made for monarchy for the last 300 years too.
    No wonder this company gets away with all it's bullshit.

Basenotes Plus

Not to discuss Aventus...but I happen to find Jacques Cavallier's work in Bvlgari Pour Homme Extreme to be very competent and alluring. A quality composition.

No reference or comparison to Creed Aventus - which probably has more "threads" on Basenotes than PREMIUM quality Egyptian cotton sheets that feel like silk have! It's this simple...if you like it, enjoy it. Don't compare it. Wear it for what it is...regardless of the scent or price tag.

Cheers,

ericrico

Quote Originally Posted by slesperado View Post
    Hey, Man. When I started this thread, I was new to Creed fragrances and I didn't know anything about the bath variations. The first batch I had did smell like Bvlgari Pour Homme Extreme, but when I bought another sample, it smelled slightly different. I don't remember the batch number for the first one I had, but I do know that it was from 2010.
    “Some perfumes are as fragrant as an infant’s flesh, sweet as an oboe’s cry, and greener than the spring; While others are triumphant, decadent or rich; Having the expansion of infinite things, like ambergris and musk, benzoin and frankincense, which sing the transports of the mind and every sense.”

― Charles Baudelaire, The Flowers of Evil & Paris Spleen

- - - Updated - - -

The real downside is that these are probably counterfeit. Be very careful wear you spend your money. I would never buy a Creed fragrance online unless it from Creed's website. I've done my research, and the likelihood of getting a $260 bottle for $180 or less, and is authentic is slim, or even a 4.0 oz. bottle for that matter. It's $315 on their website. Why in the world, if it's real, would it be less than that unless its used? Just sayin'.
    Because like most things, aventus isnt worth full retail.

Quote Originally Posted by timmy-j View Post
    If it becomes too popular and widespread it won't smell as good anymore.
    Current favourite: Spiritueuse Double Vanille

Aventus is very good, but slightly overhyped. I personally enjoy more resinous fragrances. +1 for sean unforgivable, it smells really good for night out

I think it's quite great, from the fresher scents the only one I would rate higher is the flawless Bleu de Chanel

i just received a sample of aventus a couple days ago and i can't stop getting my nose on it. i'll give away my entire collection for a bottle. but to each their own =]

Quote Originally Posted by C.J. View Post
    i just received a sample of aventus a couple days ago and i can't stop getting my nose on it. i'll give away my entire collection for a bottle. but to each their own =]
    I'll give away everything I have ever owned and kill all my family for a bottle.

Good thing about it you guys still in high school ) I heard Karl Pilkington is a big fan also.

I went clubbing yesterday and the topnotes smelled like rotting pineapples.
    It was a bad day with Aventus.

Quote Originally Posted by martinijo View Post
    I'll give away everything I have ever owned and kill all my family for a bottle.
    I LOL'd at this comment
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

Quote Originally Posted by Surfacing View Post
    I LOL'd at this comment
    Glad to hear it.
    Let's keep this thread alive, one small gesture to counter the years of Aventus hype, bullshit and general verbal diarrhoe inflicted daily on this forum.

I honestly feel sorry for Aventus crowd. They wear mass produced scents, mass produced clothes and live mass produced life's. Nothing of their own.

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

I have both fragrances that you made reference to and I really cannot understand why you think they are exactly alike. In my opinion these are two completely different animals.

Quote Originally Posted by outline View Post
    I honestly feel sorry for Aventus crowd. They wear mass produced scents, mass produced clothes and live mass produced life's. Nothing of their own.
    Lol @ Aventus being mass produced. I've never met anyone who has even heard about Aventus, let alone owns a bottle. It may be popular here on Basenotes, but it's popularity pales in comparision to Aqua di Gio, Bleu, Le Male etc.

I'm sure you only wear parfums appointed by the Queen herself, and dress in the finest Egyptian linens fit for a pharaoh. You trendsetter you.

I wore Aventus today, and had to beat the women off...

Unfortunately now on assault charges...
    Well, it's cheaper than therapy... edit: No it's not...

Glad to hear it.
    Let's keep this thread alive, one small gesture to counter the years of Aventus hype, bullshit and general verbal diarrhoe inflicted daily on this forum.
    Wow. Uhm... Therapy? ...it could be helpful.

If you don't like Aventus, no worries. Don't buy it. If you already own it, you can always sell it. You don't improve the discourse by adding to the noise. Yeah, the ZOMG crowd can get very childish in their adoration of Aventus, but being negative for the sake of negativity proves to be equally childish. And it just adds to the noise. It's like having a neighbor whose car alarm goes off all the time. The solution to that problem isn't for you to get a car alarm too and have it set for a hair trigger. You just add to the noise.

Personally, I think Aventus is nice. I'd rate it 4 out of 5. Is it a waste of money? I think it's arrogant for anyone else to decide what is a waste of MY money, and it would be arrogant for me to tell anyone else what is a waste of THEIR money. Only you can decide how much of your own money something is worth.

Side note, about all-too-common link between Aventus and immaturity. I was in an office the other day and smelled Aventus. Creeds are rare here since there's only one place in the entire city that sells them, and not too many of the ZOMG crowd would shop at a place called The Perfume House. I realize they can buy it online or while traveling to a bigger city... my point is just that Creeds are rare here. Like I said, I smelled Aventus in an office and was surprised, and I was curious to see who was wearing it. There was a woman sitting at the desk where I'd noticed the smell, so I vaguely asked "Something smells really nice. Is somebody wearing perfume or cologne?" I knew it was Aventus, but I thought I'd pose the question that way since whoever was wearing it was wearing too much of it, which means everybody in the office would know exactly who I was asking about. Anyway... I asked her, but immediately some clown pops his head up from behind a divider and says "Oh, that's me! I don't wear cologne though. I just smell good." There was a small fan in the corner of the room, and as soon as he stood up, more of the smell wafted over, so clearly it was him.

It tells you a lot about a person when he lies to keep something like that his little secret. Oh frigging brother. Sure, I could have said "Dude, it's called Aventus, by Creed, and you're wearing too much of it," but instead I just rolled my eyes and moved on.

- - - Updated - - -

I actually feel more sorry for the people who feel the need to rail against anything that other people like. There's always a cliche backlash.
    "Follow your nose. It always knows." -- Toucan Sam

Quote Originally Posted by L'Homme Blanc Individuel View Post
    Wow. Uhm... Therapy? ...it could be helpful.

If you don't like Aventus, no worries. Don't buy it. If you already own it, you can always sell it. You don't improve the discourse by adding to the noise. Yeah, the ZOMG crowd can get very childish in their adoration of Aventus, but being negative for the sake of negativity proves to be equally childish. And it just adds to the noise. It's like having a neighbor whose car alarm goes off all the time. The solution to that problem isn't for you to get a car alarm too and have it set for a hair trigger. You just add to the noise.

Personally, I think Aventus is nice. I'd rate it 4 out of 5. Is it a waste of money? I think it's arrogant for anyone else to decide what is a waste of MY money, and it would be arrogant for me to tell anyone else what is a waste of THEIR money. Only you can decide how much of your own money something is worth.

Side note, about all-too-common link between Aventus and immaturity. I was in an office the other day and smelled Aventus. Creeds are rare here since there's only one place in the entire city that sells them, and not too many of the ZOMG crowd would shop at a place called The Perfume House. I realize they can buy it online or while traveling to a bigger city... my point is just that Creeds are rare here. Like I said, I smelled Aventus in an office and was surprised, and I was curious to see who was wearing it. There was a woman sitting at the desk where I'd noticed the smell, so I vaguely asked "Something smells really nice. Is somebody wearing perfume or cologne?" I knew it was Aventus, but I thought I'd pose the question that way since whoever was wearing it was wearing too much of it, which means everybody in the office would know exactly who I was asking about. Anyway... I asked her, but immediately some clown pops his head up from behind a divider and says "Oh, that's me! I don't wear cologne though. I just smell good." There was a small fan in the corner of the room, and as soon as he stood up, more of the smell wafted over, so clearly it was him.

It tells you a lot about a person when he lies to keep something like that his little secret. Oh frigging brother. Sure, I could have said "Dude, it's called Aventus, by Creed, and you're wearing too much of it," but instead I just rolled my eyes and moved on.

- - - Updated - - -

I actually feel more sorry for the people who feel the need to rail against anything that other people like. There's always a cliche backlash.
    I'm not trying to improve the discourse.

Blog Entries

I'd make some smart comment about Creed cheerleaders fainting over every offering by the house...but that would mean that I would subscribe to a Creed thread....oh crap...where is that unsubscribe button????
    For Sale: VINTAGE Montales

i'm not trying to improve the discourse.
    We KNOW.

Being a fragrance fan, being exposed here to so many brands/scents and still being stuck to one juice is not very smart. That is all I'm trying to say. You basically refuse to learn and open yourself to other scents. It is perfectly fine if you still in high school though )

Creed is all about business with thousands of batches and constant changes to the formula's, especially when it comes to a money making holy cow - ave-s. It's 90% hype and 10% substance.

Now Opus VII is available on sale at luckyscent.
    Last edited by outline; 10th May 2013 at 10:08 PM.

Being a fragrance fan, being exposed here to so many brands/scents and still being stuck to one juice is not very smart. That is all I'm trying to say. You basically refuse to learn and open yourself to other scents. It is perfectly fine if you still in high school though )

That's the idea.

Who is this comment aimed at mate? I like and own Aventus, actually it's one of my favorites, but I also enjoy sampling anything and everything I can get my hands on. I actually had a look at your wardrobe, you seem to only own one scent, so who is really refusing to learn and open themselves?

Creed is all about business with thousands of batches and constant changes to the formula's, especially when it comes to a money making holy cow - ave-s. It's 90% hype and 10% substance.
    Are you implying that the hordes of people who praise Aventus are simply victims of hype, and they don't actually like the fragrance? God, sometimes you Aventus haters defy logic.

Quote Originally Posted by JiveHippo View Post
    Who is this comment aimed at mate? I like and own Aventus, actually it's one of my favorites, but I also enjoy sampling anything and everything I can get my hands on. I actually had a look at your wardrobe, you seem to only own one scent, so who is really refusing to learn and open themselves?

Are you implying that the hordes of people who praise Aventus are simply victims of hype, and they don't actually like the fragrance? God, sometimes you Aventus haters defy logic.

It's time to post Jive Hippo's detective alter ego again :

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_KtMiAnbcCo...k+Finished.jpg

I don't think anyone hates the scent.
    It's the simple matter of redressing the balance of these people who keep joining and posting bullshit stories about about how this overpriced scent changed their world, it is kind of insulting to use the forums in this way, especially when you seem to be doing the bidding of a company that thrives on bullshit P.R. (No I can't prove it and I don't need to.)
    We are all free to like what we want (And post what we want, within reason.)

In every circle, be it tech or music or perfume, there are fanboys.
    In every circle, be it tech or music or perfume, there are anti-fanboy-trolls.
    The funny thing is, the anti-fanboys end up generating the very hype they rail against because they keep the conversation going.

Anyone with even a day of experience in marketing knows there are two easy ways to generate hype. Really, this is marketing 101 stuff.

#1: You run a positive campaign (usually via ads) stating Product X "is the one everybody loves" or "is the one everybody's switching to." This is the popularity pitch. Everybody wants to be on the winning team.

#2: You create a negative campaign (often grassroots) questioning if Product X "is as good as everybody says it is" or "lives up to the hype." The negative approach is obvious if you stop to think about it, which 99% of the population will never do. The negative approach ends up reinforcing a positive image, pointing out that Product X is the one everybody likes. Asking if it lives up to the hype, or even saying it doesn't live up to the hype calls attention to the fact that Product X has a ton of hype. Noobs flock to hype. And lemme tell ya, nothing builds hype like hype. Even bashing the hype creates a hype echo-chamber.

"HATE AVENTUS!"
    "BOO AVENTUS!"
    "AVENTUS FANS SUCK!"
    "AVENTUS IS GARBAGE!"
    "AVENTUS IS A WASTE OF MONEY!"
    AVENTUS AVENTUS AVENTUS AVENTUS AVENTUS AVENTUS AVENTUS AVENTUS AVENTUS AVENTUS AVENTUS AVENTUS AVENTUS AVENTUS AVENTUS AVENTUS AVENTUS AVENTUS AVENTUS AVENTUS AVENTUS AVENTUS AVENTUS AVENTUS AVENTUS AVENTUS AVENTUS AVENTUS AVENTUS AVENTUS AVENTUS AVENTUS...

Fanboys launch hype. But it's the anti-fanboy trolls who sustain the hype by keeping the conversation going. They mistakenly think "No, cuz we're making fun of it" or "no, bcuz we point out the truth1" Oh, lol. It just becomes more noise. AVENTUS AVENTUS AVENTUS AVENTUS AVENTUS AVENTUS AVENTUS AVENTUS AVENTUS AVENTUS AVENTUS AVENTUS AVENTUS AVENTUS AVENTUS AVENTUS AVENTUS AVENTUS AVENTUS AVENTUS AVENTUS AVENTUS AVENTUS AVENTUS AVENTUS AVENTUS AVENTUS AVENTUS AVENTUS AVENTUS AVENTUS AVENTUS AVENTUS AVENTUS AVENTUS AVENTUS AVENTUS AVENTUS AVENTUS AVENTUS AVENTUS AVENTUS AVENTUS AVENTUS AVENTUS AVENTUS AVENTUS AVENTUS AVENTUS AVENTUS!!!

...and the echo chamber gets louder with hype.

For the record Jive, my friend, clearly I'm not talking about you. You're no fanboy. You're not a troll either.

Thanks LBI. As the saying goes, any publicity is good publicity.

I don't think anyone hates the scent.
    It's the simple matter of redressing the balance of these people who keep joining and posting bullshit stories about about how this overpriced scent changed their world, it is kind of insulting to use the forums in this way, especially when you seem to be doing the bidding of a company that thrives on bullshit P.R. (No I can't prove it and I don't need to.)
    We are all free to like what we want (And post what we want, within reason.)
    Who are you to say that these people are posting "BS stories"? I've received many glowing compliments on Aventus, by your logic that must mean that i'm bullshitting? Or perhaps i'm a Creed PR rep? If we're all free to like and post what we want, then why do you feel the need to restore the balance? Can't you guys just accept that a lot of people really like this fragrance?

I actually do agree that 99% of those stories are BS, but I also think there are a lot, and I do mean A LOT, of guys who honestly believe perfume is what will make a woman like them. I used to work with a guy who doused himself in AdG (this was in the late 90s). He once told me that stuff got him laid all the time. The guy was 6'3" and built like a Greek God. He was also a minor celebrity and had tons of money, which he flaunted. He could have rolled in urine and he'd have still had the same luck.

Thanks LBI. As the saying goes, any publicity is good publicity.

Who are you to say that these people are posting "BS stories"? I've received many glowing compliments on Aventus, by your logic that must mean that i'm bullshitting? Or perhaps i'm a Creed PR rep? If we're all free to like and post what we want, then why do you feel the need to restore the balance? Can't you guys just accept that a lot of people really like this fragrance?
    I believe that I can usually recognise bullshit when I see it.

- - - Updated - - -

In every circle, be it tech or music or perfume, there are fanboys.
    In every circle, be it tech or music or perfume, there are anti-fanboy-trolls.
    The funny thing is, the anti-fanboys end up generating the very hype they rail against because they keep the conversation going.

Anyone with even a day of experience in marketing knows there are two easy ways to generate hype. Really, this is marketing 101 stuff.

#1: You run a positive campaign (usually via ads) stating Product X "is the one everybody loves" or "is the one everybody's switching to." This is the popularity pitch. Everybody wants to be on the winning team.

#2: You create a negative campaign (often grassroots) questioning if Product X "is as good as everybody says it is" or "lives up to the hype." The negative approach is obvious if you stop to think about it, which 99% of the population will never do. The negative approach ends up reinforcing a positive image, pointing out that Product X is the one everybody likes. Asking if it lives up to the hype, or even saying it doesn't live up to the hype calls attention to the fact that Product X has a ton of hype. Noobs flock to hype. And lemme tell ya, nothing builds hype like hype. Even bashing the hype creates a hype echo-chamber.

"HATE AVENTUS!"
    "BOO AVENTUS!"
    "AVENTUS FANS SUCK!"
    "AVENTUS IS GARBAGE!"
    "AVENTUS IS A WASTE OF MONEY!"
    AVENTUS AVENTUS AVENTUS AVENTUS AVENTUS AVENTUS AVENTUS AVENTUS AVENTUS AVENTUS AVENTUS AVENTUS AVENTUS AVENTUS AVENTUS AVENTUS AVENTUS AVENTUS AVENTUS AVENTUS AVENTUS AVENTUS AVENTUS AVENTUS AVENTUS AVENTUS AVENTUS AVENTUS AVENTUS AVENTUS AVENTUS AVENTUS...

Fanboys launch hype. But it's the anti-fanboy trolls who sustain the hype by keeping the conversation going. They mistakenly think "No, cuz we're making fun of it" or "no, bcuz we point out the truth1" Oh, lol. It just becomes more noise. AVENTUS AVENTUS AVENTUS AVENTUS AVENTUS AVENTUS AVENTUS AVENTUS AVENTUS AVENTUS AVENTUS AVENTUS AVENTUS AVENTUS AVENTUS AVENTUS AVENTUS AVENTUS AVENTUS AVENTUS AVENTUS AVENTUS AVENTUS AVENTUS AVENTUS AVENTUS AVENTUS AVENTUS AVENTUS AVENTUS AVENTUS AVENTUS AVENTUS AVENTUS AVENTUS AVENTUS AVENTUS AVENTUS AVENTUS AVENTUS AVENTUS AVENTUS AVENTUS AVENTUS AVENTUS AVENTUS AVENTUS AVENTUS AVENTUS AVENTUS!!!

...and the echo chamber gets louder with hype.

For the record Jive, my friend, clearly I'm not talking about you. You're no fanboy. You're not a troll either.
    Thank you for taking the trouble to point out that I might be helping Creed's snake oil company make more money.
    Never mind, there are more important things to worry about in this life.
    Last edited by martinijo; 11th May 2013 at 10:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tiberije View Post
    I seriously don't see why someone would spend $50 for Bvlgari Pour Homme Extreme.
    I would! I love this scent. Probably one of my longest lasting and most complimented any where I go of all times. This works really well with my skin. I like Soir better, but Extreme is awesome

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    I agree - it is a waste of money.
    +1!

If you like the fragrance and the price suits you, then it is not a waste of money. Unless of course there is something identical that is cheaper.

Lol @ Aventus being mass produced. I've never met anyone who has even heard about Aventus, let alone owns a bottle. It may be popular here on Basenotes, but it's popularity pales in comparision to Aqua di Gio, Bleu, Le Male etc.

I'm sure you only wear parfums appointed by the Queen herself, and dress in the finest Egyptian linens fit for a pharaoh. You trendsetter you.

100000% agree

- - - Updated - - -

Honestly this fragrance is ridiculously over rated now, it smells like a combination of a new car smell and cigarettes, and contigent on the batch you get, a smidgen of pineapple. Yawn.

If I could piss aventus I'd be rich!

Basenotes Plus

The reason why Aventus is so often under the microscope is because it is so popular! lol There is a reason why it is...dudes love it...point blank period. With a lot of love comes a lot of hate...in anything. Is it worth the price you pay? As stated...thats subjective...to me...my collection would not be complete without a big 100ml of old girl hangin in the wardrobe. It just gets the job done IMO.
    I was born to shoot guns and smell good doin it!

Shane "The Bopper" Stagg

I used to like this scent a lot, but now my love for Aventus has started to fade..

I am wearing Aventus today and I have to admit it is a very pleasurable experience. It perhaps is not in my top ten list but still it is a very well composed scent to give me comfort during the work day. I know this has been over hyped in the past and I was probably a victim of all that hype in my purchase but I have no regrets this is a very good fragrance even at the current price points. I am surprised it still has a premium on it from the discounters that some of Creeds other offerings don't have. When I have finished this first bottle I will buy another. No doubt about it.

I think the pricepoint has exceeded it's worth now. When it first came on the market, I purchased from Harvey Nicks for about £60 less than what they are asking for it now.I still like it very much but won't be purchasing again -- I don'y have the word 'mug' tattooed on my forehead.

+1 X infinity ✔️
    couldn't have said it better....Kudos for statement!
    "Thank GOD for the nose, for without it we would not be enjoying these beautiful created Scents" also Remember "Balance is everything and the key to appreciating "

Quote Originally Posted by Kaern View Post
    I think the pricepoint has exceeded it's worth now.
    For YOU. That's an important distinction. Who are you to tell me how I should or shouldn't spend my money? Who am I to tell you how you should or shouldn't spend yours?

The same people who bash Aventus would be the ones praising it the most if it were more obscure. I'll never understand that mentality. It's so... well, I was going to say high school, but really, it's so middle school. Grade school even. And it's silly.

Enjoy what you enjoy. Don't base your joy on what you think you're supposed to like. Don't scorn what you think you're supposed to scorn in order to look like one of the cool kids. And don't be so arrogant as to decide what others are supposed to enjoy.

Aventus isn't in my top 5. It might not even be in my top 10, but I enjoy it enough to be glad that I bought a bottle. I wear it a few times a month, sometimes more, sometimes less. If I ever finish my bottle, I'll probably buy another.

For YOU. That's an important distinction. Who are you to tell me how I should or shouldn't spend my money? Who am I to tell you how you should or shouldn't spend yours?

The same people who bash Aventus would be the ones praising it the most if it were more obscure. I'll never understand that mentality. It's so... well, I was going to say high school, but really, it's so middle school. Grade school even. And it's silly.

Enjoy what you enjoy. Don't base your joy on what you think you're supposed to like. Don't scorn what you think you're supposed to scorn in order to look like one of the cool kids. And don't be so arrogant as to decide what others are supposed to enjoy.

Aventus isn't in my top 5. It might not even be in my top 10, but I enjoy it enough to be glad that I bought a bottle. I wear it a few times a month, sometimes more, sometimes less. If I ever finish my bottle, I'll probably buy another.
    I think the operative word here is 'I'

I don't think I mentioned speaking for everyone, did I? That would be arrogant. If anybody wants to keep buying Aventus at the price it is now, that's up to them.

You are way off target with your angry post -- keep taking the pills

I have to re-smell it, this magical Adventus some go on and on about. Esp now that the Christmas season is near.

I enjoy Aventus immensely, and other than HdP 1828, it is the most complimented fragrance I own.
    Last edited by Noteworthy; 5th November 2013 at 06:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaern View Post
    You are way off target with your angry post -- keep taking the pills
    My post isn't angry at all. I'm saying that it's wrong to decide that something isn't worth it unless you're only talking about yourself. This entire thread is about Aventus being a waste of money. Any luxury item can be viewed as a waste of money. The only person who can decide what is or isn't a waste of his or her money is the person whose money it is to spend. I just think it's so childish and cliche how people rail against anything they view as being popular. I'm not saying you did that. I'm saying, take a look through this thread (or any of the Aventus threads, really) and you'll find people railing against it because bashing it has become the coolkidz thing to do. It's so silly.

Basenotes Plus

I recently received a 4oz bottle of Aventus as a gift and it is a fantastic scent in my opinion. I had only smelled it once before when it first came out and did not remember much about it. The longevity and projection*are also amazing on my skin. Not in my top 3 but probably in my top 5. It is extremely versatile and pleasant and I would not want to be without it.

OK, I am confused.

Ever since these discussions are posted in BaseNotes, posters have identified that...

1-. The batch
    2-. The date of purchase
    3-. Stocking conditions
    4-. Store in which it was bought
    5-. SA selling it
    6-. Type of payment

are conditions behind the blend's quality.

So, please, could you all shed some light about these? There is no way we can support or counterargument if we are ignorant as to the above mentioned variables.

Edit: I forgot weather conditions, namely, temperature, relative humidity and comfort (real feel) indexes.

My post isn't angry at all. I'm saying that it's wrong to decide that something isn't worth it unless you're only talking about yourself. This entire thread is about Aventus being a waste of money. Any luxury item can be viewed as a waste of money. The only person who can decide what is or isn't a waste of his or her money is the person whose money it is to spend. I just think it's so childish and cliche how people rail against anything they view as being popular. I'm not saying you did that. I'm saying, take a look through this thread (or any of the Aventus threads, really) and you'll find people railing against it because bashing it has become the coolkidz thing to do. It's so silly.
    Oh, ok -- I may have misunderstood.
    I am not trying to be cool and I tend not to follow any sort of 'trend'.I actually mentioned that I still like it a lot.
    I was just giving my personal opinion, which is that the increase in price of Aventus seems to have dovetailed with its popularity and I'm not buying into it -- others are of course welcome to .I am not bashing its popularity per se.

Attached Images Attached Images