Code of Conduct
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Default Re: Creed Aventus Is A Waste Of Money

Quote Originally Posted by tiberije View Post
    I seriously don't see why someone would spend $50 for Bvlgari Pour Homme Extreme.
    I would! I love this scent. Probably one of my longest lasting and most complimented any where I go of all times. This works really well with my skin. I like Soir better, but Extreme is awesome

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    I agree - it is a waste of money.
    +1!

If you like the fragrance and the price suits you, then it is not a waste of money. Unless of course there is something identical that is cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by JiveHippo View Post
    Lol @ Aventus being mass produced. I've never met anyone who has even heard about Aventus, let alone owns a bottle. It may be popular here on Basenotes, but it's popularity pales in comparision to Aqua di Gio, Bleu, Le Male etc.

I'm sure you only wear parfums appointed by the Queen herself, and dress in the finest Egyptian linens fit for a pharaoh. You trendsetter you.

Quote Originally Posted by outline View Post
    I honestly feel sorry for Aventus crowd. They wear mass produced scents, mass produced clothes and live mass produced life's. Nothing of their own.
    100000% agree

- - - Updated - - -

Honestly this fragrance is ridiculously over rated now, it smells like a combination of a new car smell and cigarettes, and contigent on the batch you get, a smidgen of pineapple. Yawn.

If I could piss aventus I'd be rich!

Basenotes Plus

The reason why Aventus is so often under the microscope is because it is so popular! lol There is a reason why it is...dudes love it...point blank period. With a lot of love comes a lot of hate...in anything. Is it worth the price you pay? As stated...thats subjective...to me...my collection would not be complete without a big 100ml of old girl hangin in the wardrobe. It just gets the job done IMO.
    I was born to shoot guns and smell good doin it!

Shane "The Bopper" Stagg

I used to like this scent a lot, but now my love for Aventus has started to fade..

I am wearing Aventus today and I have to admit it is a very pleasurable experience. It perhaps is not in my top ten list but still it is a very well composed scent to give me comfort during the work day. I know this has been over hyped in the past and I was probably a victim of all that hype in my purchase but I have no regrets this is a very good fragrance even at the current price points. I am surprised it still has a premium on it from the discounters that some of Creeds other offerings don't have. When I have finished this first bottle I will buy another. No doubt about it.
    Currently wearing: Herod by Parfums de Marly

I think the pricepoint has exceeded it's worth now. When it first came on the market, I purchased from Harvey Nicks for about £60 less than what they are asking for it now.I still like it very much but won't be purchasing again -- I don'y have the word 'mug' tattooed on my forehead.

Lol @ Aventus being mass produced. I've never met anyone who has even heard about Aventus, let alone owns a bottle. It may be popular here on Basenotes, but it's popularity pales in comparision to Aqua di Gio, Bleu, Le Male etc.

I'm sure you only wear parfums appointed by the Queen herself, and dress in the finest Egyptian linens fit for a pharaoh. You trendsetter you.
    +1 X infinity ✔️
    couldn't have said it better....Kudos for statement!
    "Thank GOD for the nose, for without it we would not be enjoying these beautiful created Scents" also Remember "Balance is everything and the key to appreciating "

Quote Originally Posted by Kaern View Post
    I think the pricepoint has exceeded it's worth now.
    For YOU. That's an important distinction. Who are you to tell me how I should or shouldn't spend my money? Who am I to tell you how you should or shouldn't spend yours?

The same people who bash Aventus would be the ones praising it the most if it were more obscure. I'll never understand that mentality. It's so... well, I was going to say high school, but really, it's so middle school. Grade school even. And it's silly.

Enjoy what you enjoy. Don't base your joy on what you think you're supposed to like. Don't scorn what you think you're supposed to scorn in order to look like one of the cool kids. And don't be so arrogant as to decide what others are supposed to enjoy.

Aventus isn't in my top 5. It might not even be in my top 10, but I enjoy it enough to be glad that I bought a bottle. I wear it a few times a month, sometimes more, sometimes less. If I ever finish my bottle, I'll probably buy another.
    "Follow your nose. It always knows." -- Toucan Sam

Quote Originally Posted by L'Homme Blanc Individuel View Post
    For YOU. That's an important distinction. Who are you to tell me how I should or shouldn't spend my money? Who am I to tell you how you should or shouldn't spend yours?

The same people who bash Aventus would be the ones praising it the most if it were more obscure. I'll never understand that mentality. It's so... well, I was going to say high school, but really, it's so middle school. Grade school even. And it's silly.

Enjoy what you enjoy. Don't base your joy on what you think you're supposed to like. Don't scorn what you think you're supposed to scorn in order to look like one of the cool kids. And don't be so arrogant as to decide what others are supposed to enjoy.

Aventus isn't in my top 5. It might not even be in my top 10, but I enjoy it enough to be glad that I bought a bottle. I wear it a few times a month, sometimes more, sometimes less. If I ever finish my bottle, I'll probably buy another.
    I think the operative word here is 'I'

I don't think I mentioned speaking for everyone, did I? That would be arrogant. If anybody wants to keep buying Aventus at the price it is now, that's up to them.

You are way off target with your angry post -- keep taking the pills

I have to re-smell it, this magical Adventus some go on and on about. Esp now that the Christmas season is near.

I enjoy Aventus immensely, and other than HdP 1828, it is the most complimented fragrance I own.
    Last edited by Noteworthy; 5th November 2013 at 06:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaern View Post
    You are way off target with your angry post -- keep taking the pills
    My post isn't angry at all. I'm saying that it's wrong to decide that something isn't worth it unless you're only talking about yourself. This entire thread is about Aventus being a waste of money. Any luxury item can be viewed as a waste of money. The only person who can decide what is or isn't a waste of his or her money is the person whose money it is to spend. I just think it's so childish and cliche how people rail against anything they view as being popular. I'm not saying you did that. I'm saying, take a look through this thread (or any of the Aventus threads, really) and you'll find people railing against it because bashing it has become the coolkidz thing to do. It's so silly.
    "Follow your nose. It always knows." -- Toucan Sam

Basenotes Plus

I recently received a 4oz bottle of Aventus as a gift and it is a fantastic scent in my opinion. I had only smelled it once before when it first came out and did not remember much about it. The longevity and projection*are also amazing on my skin. Not in my top 3 but probably in my top 5. It is extremely versatile and pleasant and I would not want to be without it.

OK, I am confused.

Ever since these discussions are posted in BaseNotes, posters have identified that...

1-. The batch
    2-. The date of purchase
    3-. Stocking conditions
    4-. Store in which it was bought
    5-. SA selling it
    6-. Type of payment

are conditions behind the blend's quality.

So, please, could you all shed some light about these? There is no way we can support or counterargument if we are ignorant as to the above mentioned variables.

Edit: I forgot weather conditions, namely, temperature, relative humidity and comfort (real feel) indexes.

Quote Originally Posted by L'Homme Blanc Individuel View Post
    My post isn't angry at all. I'm saying that it's wrong to decide that something isn't worth it unless you're only talking about yourself. This entire thread is about Aventus being a waste of money. Any luxury item can be viewed as a waste of money. The only person who can decide what is or isn't a waste of his or her money is the person whose money it is to spend. I just think it's so childish and cliche how people rail against anything they view as being popular. I'm not saying you did that. I'm saying, take a look through this thread (or any of the Aventus threads, really) and you'll find people railing against it because bashing it has become the coolkidz thing to do. It's so silly.
    Oh, ok -- I may have misunderstood.
    I am not trying to be cool and I tend not to follow any sort of 'trend'.I actually mentioned that I still like it a lot.
    I was just giving my personal opinion, which is that the increase in price of Aventus seems to have dovetailed with its popularity and I'm not buying into it -- others are of course welcome to .I am not bashing its popularity per se.

Attached Images Attached Images

Green Irish Tweed is the best most timeless Creed Fragrance.

Quote Originally Posted by jacel54 View Post
    Green Irish Tweed is the best most timeless Creed Fragrance.
    Thanks for weighing in.

Now, if only you were around for when this discussion was going on... LAST YEAR.

Never to late to dust off the old cobwebs. Feedback is always appreciated to those who seek it.

I have to admit, I have never seen a fragrance drawing so much discussion like Aventus . Four pages of posts and counting after the initial post 3 days ago. It is amazing . I just wish I would enjoy it more . I have a bottle , don't care which year or batch , still think it is average . Everybody had his own opinion and I don't have to enjoy it or like it because somebody else thinks it is the one and only. If the same exact fragrance was made by another house a lot of people would dismiss it .
    Current top choices:
    1- Portrait of A Lady
    2- 34 st Germaine Boulevard by Diptyque
    3- Bleecker Street by Bond 9
    4- Acqua Di Parma Oud
    5- Clive Christian #1
    6- Coromandel by Chanel
    7- Acqua Di Parmal Colonia Intensa
    8- Guerlain Derby
    9- MFK lumiere Noir
    10- Dans Tes Bras
    Currently wearing: Grey Vetiver by Tom Ford

Quote Originally Posted by Kal1973 View Post
    Four pages of posts and counting after the initial post 3 days ago.
    Guess again, Kal.

Guess again, Kal.
    3 days, 3 years, close enough.

Very entertaining!

Basenotes Plus

Bumped threads are annoying.
    Currently wearing: Asian Green Tea by Creed

Quote Originally Posted by tensor9 View Post
    Bumped threads are annoying.
    Extremely annoying especially when the comment bumping the thread is irrelevant to the whole discussion.