Code of Conduct

Default DZING! experts...

I have a question about packaging and the different bottles of this iconic fragrance.

1) If I remember correctly, first of all we have the classic L'Artisan bottle / box, the same during lot I mean a lot of years:

l_wc_artisan_parfumeur_dzing!.jpg

2) Then they changed box and bottle for this one; the most noticeable is the ugly transparent cap (did not last too much):

dzing-eau-de-toilette.jpg

3) This transparent cap was changed soon for another metallic cap, and the box / bottle looked like this:

img-thing.jpg

I am not sure if after this model (3) they changed box & bottle a little again in last 2 years (versión 4?)...probably, but it does not matter to me.

My thoughts: I have 2 original samples of this (3) version; smells nice and wonderful, but not so rich and animalic compared with another old sample of mine - sent by a basenoter years ago. This sample, taked from an original L'Artisan bottle, was absolutely fantastic, the scent was stronger and more animalic, raw; not so straight-away and diluted.

I am not 100% sure, but as it was years years ago (8 I think) I believe this sample was swapped from the (1) classic bottle.

I did not believe such a subtil but considerable change when I tried the first sample of (3) version last year having in mind and in the desk the playful old (1) sample; I thought "well, maybe this is a bad sample, or a poor butch...or maybe the sample is watery for some reason"... but after received months later another (3) version original sample I also detected the same lack of fierceness and dinamism compared with my old sample.

I am almost sure bottle scent (1) is not 100% the same as the bottle (3).

My question is focused in the (2) bottle with the transparent cap: any of you have tried or have/had a bottle and can make some comparative between this one and the former and newer bottle?

I really appreciate any thoughts, thanks.
    Last edited by Rodolfo; 18th December 2014 at 03:24 PM.

Basenotes Plus

Default Re: DZING! experts...

Sorry, I cannot help at all since I have not smelled the newer bottles and hopefully some members can chime in. I wrote to them a couple times and they are very good and responsive answering questions. Give it a shot and good luck!
    Last edited by CapriDog; 18th December 2014 at 04:57 PM.

Gosh! I have over 60 L'Artisans and never paid attention to the caps. I wonder how many if any transparent caps I have! Shooting them an e-mail is good advice. They may surprise you with their answer.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Mine has a metallic cap, and it smells satistying and nicely dirty. I bought it three or four years ago. But I've never sampled the first two bottles, so I cannot compare.

cacio

Quote Originally Posted by cacio View Post
    Mine has a metallic cap, and it smells satistying and nicely dirty. I bought it three or four years ago. But I've never sampled the first two bottles, so I cannot compare.

cacio
    I guess my sample is the new one then, it's just ginger overload to me that time.

Wish I get to know about fragrances way sooner...
    My current top 10 fragrances :
    1. Amouage Jubilation XXV
    2. A Lab on Fire Almost Transparent Blue
    3. YSL L'Homme Libre
    4. Tauer Perfumes L'Air du Desert Marocain
    5. Rania J. Ambre Loup
    6. Atelier Cologne Cedrat Enivrant
    7. Parfum MDCI Ambre Topkapi
    8. Imaginary Authors Memoirs of a Trespasser
    9. Heeley Sel Marin
    10. by Kilian Back to Black

Quote Originally Posted by cacio View Post

cacio
    same experience

for swap/sale:

I have samples only but did obtain them at least a few years ago and they are very hay-ish and animalic. Thank you for drawing attention to the tops. I suspect as Hednic says, only the company can answer you accurately

I used to have both transparent cap version and the newest one (there's no version 4 - only version 3 with metallic cap). The difference in juice could be due to the fact that L'Artisans tend to mature and change. The bottle of Voleur de Roses smells much more oily and fragrant after 2 years of storage, the same with Dzing and Timbuktu.