Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Default Creed Aventus Is A Waste Of Money

I've been interested in the Creed house for a long time.
    I haven't been able to buy any because of the prices.
    I had read/watched many reviews, and decided to try Aventus as my first Creed fragrance.

I bought a couple of samples, and I was extremely disappointed.
    I don't know why anyone else hasn't pointed this out, but Creed Aventus smells exactly like Bvlgari Pour Homme Extreme.
    I have both of them. I hate Bvlgari Pour Homme Extreme, so I automatically hate Creed Aventus.

I seriously don't see why someone would spend $250 for a Creed fragrance when they could get the same scent for about $50.
    I am SO HAPPY that I didn't waste my money on a full bottle of Creed.
    I'm currently wearing both colognes (one on each hand) and they smell the same.
    I hope I'm not the only one who's noticed this.
    The next Creed I'll sample will be Silver Mountain Water.

Our noses must be different....
    "...call on God, but row away from the rocks..."

Default Re: Creed Aventus Is A Waste Of Money

I don't think they smell anything alike.
    Oriscent, AgarAura Pure Ouds, Creed, LIDGE, Patou Pour Homme, tons of niche and rare stuff for sale!
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/253...er-100-items!!

Yeah. I have the Pour Homme Extreme on my right hand and the Aventus on my left hand.
    I do get a faint smell of the pineapple in Creed for the first 5 seconds, but after that, it's straight Pour Homme Extreme.

In contrary to a lot of reviews I've seen, I think this Aventus has good longevity. It's just not something I'd pay big bucks for.

i think aventus is top draw. i usually always go for gourmonds and vanillas,
    but this stuff blew me away. with creeds your paying the extra for the quality of the ingredients
    aventus pretty much does what it says on the tin but better.
    what kind of smell are you looking for?
    Current top 5

1 spiriteuse double vanille
    2 musc ravageur
    3 versace dreamer
    4 chanel allure
    5 new haarlem

ur rong dewd

I'm looking for a fruity fragrance. That's why I bought the Creed Aventus. The pineapple note is what caught my attention. I have tried another Creed, but I forgot the name of it. It had a strong coconut smell,and I kind of liked it.
    Do you know of any good fruity masculine fragrances?

Quote Originally Posted by slesperado View Post
    I'm looking for a fruity fragrance. That's why I bought the Creed Aventus. The pineapple note is what caught my attention. I have tried another Creed, but I forgot the name of it. It had a strong coconut smell,and I kind of liked it.
    The Creed with a coconut smell is Virgin Island Water. What kind of fruit are you looking for? There are so many options of melon, apple, orange, pineapple, etc.
    Oriscent, AgarAura Pure Ouds, Creed, LIDGE, Patou Pour Homme, tons of niche and rare stuff for sale!

Mambo. Acqua di Gio.

coconut note creed would be virgin island water its got a lime tropical vibe
    Current top 5

2 musc ravageur
    3 versace dreamer
    4 chanel allure
    5 new haarlem

OH!!! Virgin Island Water! That will be the next Creed I try then. Thanks!
    I'm guess the fruity type I'm looking for is melon. It's hard to try different colognes in my area because the shops over here usually only carry the "safe" colognes.

I'm looking for a fruity fragrance. That's why I bought the Creed Aventus. Do you know of any good fruity masculine fragrances?
    http://www.fragrantica.com/perfume/M...end-11784.html
    Hypocrites will always be a thorn in my back....and my middle finger will always be the best remedy.....

milliseme imperial is famed for its melon note
    cheaper alternatives could be ed hardys love and luck .or sean john unforgivable
    Current top 5

2 musc ravageur
    3 versace dreamer
    4 chanel allure
    5 new haarlem

Wow! Thanks for the help, guys I'll also try out that Milliseme Imperial and Legend Mont Blanc.

I've been interested in the Creed house for a long time.
    I haven't been able to buy any because of the prices.
    I had read/watched many reviews, and decided to try Aventus as my first Creed fragrance.

I bought a couple of samples, and I was extremely disappointed.
    I don't know why anyone else hasn't pointed this out, but Creed Aventus smells exactly like Bvlgari Pour Homme Extreme.
    I have both of them. I hate Bvlgari Pour Homme Extreme, so I automatically hate Creed Aventus.

I seriously don't see why someone would spend $250 for a Creed fragrance when they could get the same scent for about $50.
    It smells like Irish Spring. A $250 bar of soap.

Nah...for me it was a good investment.

As I mentioned in another thread, I have a sample of Aventus and I too didn't understand the hype at first. It was way too smokey and I didn't get much fruity notes. Few months later, I tried it again and I was starting to understand why people liked it. The pineapple vibe was starting to emerge over the smokiness.

And then about a month after that, I truly got it. It smelt heavenly. Got a really nice fruity/pineapple note and the smokiness was more in the background. A very classic and addictive scent. Definitely going to get a bottle in the future. I liked it so much I couldn't get the scent out of my mind for a while.

Of the Creeds, I have full bottles of SMW and Himalaya. Next bottle I'm getting is VIW, but after that, it'll be Aventus. Can't believe Fragrancenet used to sell it for $140-$150 back earlier this year. I missed out on that bargain.

Quote Originally Posted by taint it sweet View Post
    Nah...for me it was a good investment.
    Me too also.

Martin

We're happy you're happy you didn't buy it. I don't particularly like Aventus myself, but I'm quite sure it doesn't smell like EXACTLY like Bulgari Homme Extreme. You may not have noticed yet, but there are hundreds of Basenoters here, and dozens of threads about Aventus. With all due respect for your nose, I think one of the other thousand plus posts about Avenus just might have made note of the similarity if it smelled "exactly" like Bulgari Pour Homme Etreme. M

Millesime Imperial is king of the melon scents, and it's really good, but be advised some find it's longevity lacking. Most fruit scents are fairly fleeting. Keep sampling till you find one that works for you.

Haha! I didn't get the Irish Spring vibe out of mine. It smells very smoky to me. It's like when people have bonfires in their back yards; that type of smoke.

All noses are different and yours may be an extreme case or it just flat out doesn't work on your skin. But Aventus is a truly great scent. And while it may not be worth the cash it costs for some people, it certainly rises well above your typical designer fragrance. I bought it the first month it was out...the only niche I paid full NM price for, and I'm glad I did it. Again, maybe it just doesn't work for you...too bad really. I haven't come across anyone who doesn't have some sort of positive reaction.
    Looking to swap…look for my thread on the trade page. May be interested in buying Amouage. Having fun with shower gels. If you want to get rid of yours or swap for frags, give me a shout!

I agree with you. A lot of people love One Million, but I think it's disgusting as well. To make it even worse, women actually love how One Million smells on me. I wish I could like it too, but it really makes me sick.

Both Creed Aventus and Bvlgari Pour Homme Extreme are amazing fragrances, but they smell disgusting to me for some reason.

Bro if you want fruity pineapple and you got around $20 to spend, do yourself a flavor and get Lapidus Pour Homme.
    "I am a robot and I like cheese"

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

In the zoo where I belong playing with my own feces

Quote Originally Posted by StylinLA View Post
    I don't particularly like Aventus myself

╔════════════╗
    Monkey's Trade List║ ◄««««« Çlïck ít ☼─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─♂
    ╚════════════╝

Don't like it.
    Last edited by Marathon Alchemist; 14th December 2011 at 08:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AZsmells View Post
    I don't think they smell anything alike.
    Agree

I love both, they smell totally different...

Sur la Plage

I agree - it is a waste of money.
    Last edited by petruccijc; 14th December 2011 at 01:13 PM.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Good to know as I already own BPHE.

Joop Nightflight: spicy and ambery pineapple. (..and the price is incredible)
    my current top five (always in transition)

Dior Eau Noire
    HdP 1725 Casanova
    eau de gloire parfum d'empire
    Dia man Amouage
    comme des garçons man 2

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by pimpin4rizeal View Post
    i think aventus is top draw.
    +1 ...

Why So Serious?

A waste of money, maybe, does it smell bad, certainly not. I think Aventus smells very good, but it's not the most unique fragrance out there, but then not a lot of Creeds are.

I do not get similarities btw Aventus and the Bvlgari, however once i was wearing Aventus, it was mistaken for Platinum Egoiste.
    Current top 5:
    1. Puredistance M
    2. Kilian Apple Brandy
    3. Amouage Fate Man
    4. Parfums de Marly Galloway
    5. Naomi Goodsir Bois d'Ascese

Fruity masculine ? Melon ?

Dude u HAVE to try Carolina Herrera Chic for men.

It has a lush , juicy , yummy Watermelon note in it and on my skin is quite dominant with some subtle spicy notes in the background. A Lovely composition with above average longevity and sillage.

Aventus is the best thing i've ever smelt in my entire life. I'd sell all my other fragrances if I had to to own Aventus.

Quote Originally Posted by blackened View Post
    Joop Nightflight: spicy and ambery pineapple. (..and the price is incredible)
    +1 Joop Nightflight

Nothing alike at all.....Gary

Aventus has been a flat-out winner for me. No disappointment here.

To me it smells like a sports fragrance from the 90s. Not really a fan. I had such high hopes too!
    “Love is when a girl puts on perfume and a boy puts on shaving cologne and they go out and smell each other.”
    Karl, age 5

Swapping
    Selling
    Seeking

I love threads like this. Good press/bad press, no matter. Still creates a buzz and interest to get people to check things out for themselves which ultimatly leads more buyers to purchase Aventus and therefore keep it in production for us who LOVE and appreciate such a fine fragrance. I checked out Aventus from reading the + and- on basenotes and I'm So glad I did. It's so worth it "for me". It was not a waste of money "for me".

I seriously don't see why someone would spend $50 for Bvlgari Pour Homme Extreme.
    Right now I think that I have all the fragrances that I want.

Creed's to me smell like scented water, even their oud seems watered down. I can't get past it. But I guess the whole brand of Creed has never appealed to me, their scents just top that off. Amateur overview I know, I don't care though

I like Aventus, and it's not a bad value based on how potent it is and how long it lasts. 1 spray of this stuff lasts all day and it has a lot of projection and sillage too.

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    I agree - it is a waste of money.
    +1 Aventus is the most expensive air freshener, IMO.

you could also try Polo Blue for a nice Melon note that stays long .

Longevity and sillage are very good as well .
    Hypocrites will always be a thorn in my back....and my middle finger will always be the best remedy.....

They smell nothing a like.
    Last edited by silentrich; 9th October 2012 at 06:19 PM.

YALL WILL NOT BELIEVE WHAT HAPPENED TO ME AT SCHOOL TODAY!!!

So... I decided to wear the Creed Aventus to school. As soon as I got there, I went to the lunch counter to buy some tea, as usual. There were four lunch ladies working behind the counter. Literally three seconds after I walked up to the counter, all four of the ladies FROZE in their steps. They were in awe, and their jaws dropped!
    They were like... "You smell SOO GOOD", "I can't believe how GOOD you smell", "You smell AMAZING"! They just kept going on and on!

They asked what I was wearing. I told them Creed Aventus. They said they'd never heard of it, but they absolutely LOVE it!
    I told them I hated it, and they insisted that it smelled amazing on me. I had been dealing with these women for about 6 months now, and this is the first time I'd ever had any type of reaction like that. All 4 of them were seriously aroused! I could see it in their faces.

One of them said, "You're lucky this counter is between us, because if it weren't, I'd be all over you!"

Guys, seriously!!! Why can't I smell it the way they smell it? This is driving me crazy!
    One thing I should point out is that they were cooking while all of this was happening, so the Creed Aventus apparently projected and cut through the dense smell of food. The ladies picked it up immediately without a problem.

You hate one scent that Aventus smells like and Aventus as well, you dont see why someone would pay $250 for a Creed, yet you are still sampling two scents that you hate and still plan on sampling another Creed, when you don't see why someone would pay $250 for a Creed. That doesn't really seem sensible to me, but O.K. I'd be lying if I said that I hadn't totally dismissed a scent and then later loved and found value in it. Maybe you'll enjoy and find value in another Creed.
    As far as Aventus being a waste of money, your correct, if you buy it and can't enjoy it, that would be a waste of money. I bought it and I enjoy Aventus, so no waste here. Aventus is so very predictable, sometimes when I know I'm going to be "close" to someone, I put a small amount on, and I be darn if Aventus hasn't always elicited a positive and favorable response, it works every time.

So... I decided to wear the Creed Aventus to school. As soon as I got there, I went to the lunch counter to buy some tea, as usual. There were four lunch ladies working behind the counter. Literally three seconds after I walked up to the counter, all four of the ladies FROZE in their steps. They were in awe, and their jaws dropped!
    They were like... "You smell SOO GOOD", "I can't believe how GOOD you smell", "You smell AMAZING"! They just kept going on and on!

They asked what I was wearing. I told them Creed Aventus. They said they'd never heard of it, but they absolutely LOVE it!
    I told them I hated it, and they insisted that it smelled amazing on me. I had been dealing with these women for about 6 months now, and this is the first time I'd ever had any type of reaction like that. All 4 of them were seriously aroused! I could see it in their faces.

One of them said, "You're lucky this counter is between us, because if it weren't, I'd be all over you!"

Guys, seriously!!! Why can't I smell it the way they smell it? This is driving me crazy!
    One thing I should point out is that they were cooking while all of this was happening, so the Creed Aventus apparently projected and cut through the dense smell of food. The ladies picked it up immediately without a problem.
    I consistently get compliments with Aventus. Now try wearing Bulgari Pour Extreme and see if you get the same compliments.

Aventus does smell like piss.. I'm not going to lie.
    When I first got it.. I got caught up in all the Basenotes hype... bought a few decants from different batches which I'm stuck with now. I could never wear it.. might just be my age group (20 year old male.)

Compared to MI and VIW (both of which are great fragrances... not excellent... but decant worthy)... Aventus is a pass for me.
    Top 5:
    1) La Nuit De L'Homme by Yves Saint Laurent
    2) Lumière Noire pour Homme by Maison Francis Kurkdjian
    3) Royal Oud by Creed
    4) One Million by Paco Rabanne
    5) Allure Homme Sport by Chanel

I must say I'm quite envious of your ability to pee Pineapple and Oakmoss, Very impressive.

You could've removed "aventus" from your thread title and this still would be the truest thread in basenotes history.

If you're being a pedant (rather than a droll predictable anti Creeder) you could have removed Creed and Aventus and replaced them with Fragrance.

Quote Originally Posted by mesaboogie View Post
    Bro if you want fruity pineapple and you got around $20 to spend, do yourself a flavor and get Lapidus Pour Homme.
    I agree. (I also sampled Aventus and wasn't impressed.)

Basenotes Plus

A waste of money? Subjective but so is anything you don't like, whether it costs $250 or $2.50. Personally it's worth every penny to me, and although I respect those who don't care for it the fact remains I do, and am happy to pay for it. I like it and at the end of the day that is truly all that matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Axcell View Post
    Aventus does smell like piss.. I'm not going to lie.
    I wish my piss smelled like Aventus...

Yo, yo yo... you must promise us to slather up in the Bvlgari and ask the lunchroom ladies what they think. C'mon now, have some good natured fun with it. Tell them you think it smells just the same as the one they did backflips over and see what they have to say. Report back, young man!

Of course it's a waste of money...if you don't like it. I actually love this scent, so it is unquestionably worth it to me.

Quote Originally Posted by tdwctdwc View Post
    you could also try Polo Blue for a nice Melon note that stays long .

Longevity and sillage are very good as well .
    I'm a fan of Polo Blue. It is a great cologne and it's very calming. The name is perfect b/c it really does smell blue, if that makes any sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Kron View Post
    I must say I'm quite envious of your ability to pee Pineapple and Oakmoss, Very impressive.
    Haha. I got a good chuckle at that.

Quote Originally Posted by YEAHBUDDY View Post
    You could've removed "aventus" from your thread title and this still would be the truest thread in basenotes history.
    Also good
    "I am a robot and I like cheese"

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock