Code of Conduct

Default Best college colognes?

I'm a freshman in college (I'm a guy) and looking for a good cologne that lasts a long time and isn't to overpowering. I'm also new to to cologne. I have a few, mostly winter, scents and am looking for something that would be good for the warmer months or year round. Also, something that's not too expensive would be great; between tuition, books and women, I don't have too much to spend on cologne.

Default Re: Best college colognes?

Dunhill Pursuit

Banned

Bulgari pour Homme Soir by Bulgari - An initial burst of refreshing bergamot, halfway between a lemon and an orange, with its tart and juicy green and very faint mint-like aspects, professes the clean and fresh opening. The darjeeling tea beckons the invigorating bergamot to stew in the heart, and infuses it with its somewhat powdery and medicinal woodiness morphing the sharp citrus into a more fruity bent. Guaiacwood, with its honey and smoky features, and papyrus, with its withered grassy and light wood facets, serve as a background for the simmering brew, which has acquired a sweet and wet earthiness. The waiting base, with its soft and almost syrupy amber as well as its radiant and slightly soapy musk, tugs for recognition and carries the tea blend to its delightful drydown. This classy fragrance can be an all-season treat, and has average projection, becoming a skin scent, and good longevity.

Rochas Man
    -- $20 at Marshalls or TJ Maxx

If you are the avantgarde type, I would recommend Breat of God by Lush, which is $30. A strange combination of very fresh vetiver (green vegetal) and smoky.

cacio

Wow! Thanks guys! You respond really fast! Maybe I should narrow things down. I smelled Nautica Voyage in one of those magazine samples and it smelled pretty good. there was also one by Yves St. Laurent that I don't remember the name of, but it smelled really good. So maybe something floral or fresh or aquatic? Also, something under $30 would be preferable. Once again, thank you! By the way, I have Jacques Bogart Witness and Lomani Lomani Pour Homme, and I'm pretty sure I'm getting: Body Korous, A&F Fierce and Adidas Ice Dive for Christmas. So maybe I don't need anything else..

With your Christmas gifts you should have a great lineup.
    Want to trade - Tom Ford Extreme for Windsor, Amber Absolute, Aventus x02....
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/394...82#post3308582

CHEAP CREED SPLITS
    Millesime Imperial, Original Santal, Green Irish Tweed
    Himalaya, Aventus, Tabarome
    plus Amouage Honour & Fate Man

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/393...92#post3296892

Chanel Allure Homme Sport. Another one I would try would be L'Homme by Yves St. Laurent. L'Homme is very versitile and would make a great signature scent. Both are highly complimented by the ladies.

Vetiver? Honestly? Are you attending Yale? Do you wear a suit to college? anything Vetiver reeks of old man, why not just use Old Spice. I wonder who writes some of these replys? Writing things like ( an intial burst)and the darjeeling tea beckons the bergamont)) and with it's withered grassy? come on man, are you for real? Dude, not like I really care, this stuffs funny though, beckons the bergamont and it rubs the lotion on its skin,, man get real,, BECKONS ,WHAT? ,some truth fo yo mind, if your in college the last thing you want to wear to the bar is something that smells like Darjeeling tea or Vetiver, or Yatagan , unless it's some library bar where you read poems and sit on leather chairs and talk about how buffy and Chazz are doing these days. (College smells) as I read into your ado-lest-ente minds I think of summoning the ladies, cologne is just a cheap trick in a bar where ones senses are totally bombed with beer and liquor, they will like you just because you smell good. Eternity ck, Pur Sang,Vizzari men. If your not into that, try the bergamont darjeeling infusion waffles with flavor crystal floaters and vetiver grassy hand wave high fivers, that might go over good at teatime with Millie and Cloister. Feliz Natal

awesome 4th post dude!
    Want to trade - Tom Ford Extreme for Windsor, Amber Absolute, Aventus x02....
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/394...82#post3308582

CHEAP CREED SPLITS
    Millesime Imperial, Original Santal, Green Irish Tweed
    Himalaya, Aventus, Tabarome
    plus Amouage Honour & Fate Man

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/393...92#post3296892

Thumbs down Re: Best college colognes?

Quote Originally Posted by Saxon Plum View Post
    Vetiver? Honestly? Are you attending Yale? Do you wear a suit to college? anything Vetiver reeks of old man, why not just use Old Spice. I wonder who writes some of these replys? Writing things like ( an intial burst)and the darjeeling tea beckons the bergamont)) and with it's withered grassy? come on man, are you for real? Dude, not like I really care, this stuffs funny though, beckons the bergamont and it rubs the lotion on its skin,, man get real,, BECKONS ,WHAT? ,some truth fo yo mind, if your in college the last thing you want to wear to the bar is something that smells like Darjeeling tea or Vetiver, or Yatagan , unless it's some library bar where you read poems and sit on leather chairs and talk about how buffy and Chazz are doing these days. (College smells) as I read into your ado-lest-ente minds I think of summoning the ladies, cologne is just a cheap trick in a bar where ones senses are totally bombed with beer and liquor, they will like you just because you smell good. Eternity ck, Pur Sang,Vizzari men. If your not into that, try the bergamont darjeeling infusion waffles with flavor crystal floaters and vetiver grassy hand wave high fivers, that might go over good at teatime with Millie and Cloister. Feliz Natal
    Lame Post.

You suck. Thanks for making up assumptions and standing up for the college stereotype. Party on, loser.
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge, Concentré D'Orange Verte...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

curve, fierce, cool water.. anything at macy's!

Chanel Allure Homme or YSL M7, I get a lot of compliments wearing M7, it is amazing!

definitely grab some Nautica Voyage. Great value.

I love M7, but if you're looking for something not overpowering (in your words), I'd get a sample first.

Burberry Touch is a pretty understated and nice scent for every day as well.

For extra value, try the Rochas for Men or a Halston from TJ Maxx. I personally love Halston Z-14, and at $9.99 or so (when I last saw it there), is a great blind buy.

Basenotes Member

Quote Originally Posted by PhlyerFan View Post
    Chanel Allure Homme Sport.
    This

Hilfiger Eau de Prep, nice fragrance, suitable for university day

He is probably in college by now lol!

Banned

Mugler Cologne.