Guerlain is now re-releasing the scents Arsene Lupin (formerly Arsene Lupin Dandy) and Voyou (formerly Arsene Lupin Voyou).
I like the former Dandy scent, a wonderful violet leather.
These scents were taken off shelves this year due to a trademark conflict with the word "dandy," trademarked in Europe in 2008, if memory serves.
I wonder if the word "bleue" will be trademarked, as well?
Watch out, those who enjoy scents with the words "blue" or "bleu."
Happily, Guerlain has a very genuine pedigree to which it can refer. It has no need to boast or make up its history.
Nigel Groom, 2nd ed. "The Perfume Handbook."
Ken Leach. "Perfume Presentations."
Madeline Marsh. "Miller's Perfume Bottles: A Collector's Guide."
"No elegance is possible without it...perfume is a part of you." Gabrielle "Coco" Chanel
I think this was the case a few months ago as I can get them from the Guerlain counter.
Actually I'm running a split of the wonderful Arsene Lupin now and can thoroughly recommend it.
Would get it from you Matt but I'm kinda into bottle collecting now as well
I tried one of these (I think it was Dandy) and really enjoyed it... It was the first time I ever clearly perceived 'guerlinade'. Pleasant memory. I look forward to the opportunity to try these again.
Good news indeed on Arsene Lupin (dare I say "Dandy"). Very similar to Amouage Dia Man, but I view that as a very *good* thing. Voyou they could have left on the chopping block to my taste though. ;-)
Last edited by drseid; 15th December 2011 at 08:36 AM.
Current Top Favorites:
1) Portrait of a Lady original formula (EdP Frédéric Malle)
2) Giorgio for Men vintage/V.I.P. for Men (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
4) Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz) - tie
4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie
6) Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio)
7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)
9) Javanese Patchouli (Zegna) - tie
9) Monsieur de Givenchy vintage (Givenchy) - tie
9) Coeur de Vetiver Sacré (L'Artisan) - tie
9) X for Men (Clive Christian) - tie
9) Patou pour Homme Privé (Jean Patou) - tie
9) Oud Shamash (The Different Company) - tie
Saw both at Neiman Marcus a few weeks ago.
Want to trade - Chanel Platinum Egoiste for Dior Eau Sauvage...
"Realize deeply that the present moment is all you will ever have."
-- Eckhart Tolle
I bought a bottle of Arsene Lupin a couple of months ago in a bottle identical to the former Dandy version (wood surround etc).
What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence
thanks for the heads up !!!