Code of Conduct

Default Kiton Men needs more love.

Why doesnt this fragrance get more love/talk here? Its amazing, well-made, classy, smells great, extreeeeeemely versatile. Its one of the better fresh scents on the market, and has risen to my top ten.

Kiton black has been a favourite of mine for sometime now, fresh and long lasting.

Default Re: Kiton Men needs more love.

Quote Originally Posted by DazWah84 View Post
    Kiton black has been a favourite of mine for sometime now, fresh and long lasting.
    hmm. it looks like its kiton men with a berry note. sounds fantastic. but i have not seen it anywhere

I really enjoy Kiton Men. You can purchase Kiton Black at Nordstrom.

I haven't seen your top 10 in ages

Unfortunately not a fan of this house

I also feel that Kiton Black is fantastic.....I purchased mine at Von Maur in Indianapolis!!!
    Gary

If you check back through the old threads, it's mainly me who's been consistently signing the praises of Kiton Men.
    It's kind of a lonely experience.
    I'm glad to have some company.
    Renato

I've meant to get a bottle because I like its genre. At least I think I do if I remember Kiton Men rightly. Renato, correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Kiton Men sort of belong beside Celine Pour Homme and Halston 1-12 smell-type wise? I mean they're all that beautiful rainwater and moss type of thing, right? (Hope I'm not all confused about this.)
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

Quote Originally Posted by DustB View Post
    I've meant to get a bottle because I like its genre. At least I think I do if I remember Kiton Men rightly. Renato, correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Kiton Men sort of belong beside Celine Pour Homme and Halston 1-12 smell-type wise? I mean they're all that beautiful rainwater and moss type of thing, right? (Hope I'm not all confused about this.)
    its definitely a mossy fragrance. i get alot of pineapple and moss

I strongly agree, after a large sample quest of about 25-30 fragrances (50/50 niche/designer frags) I finally settled on Kiton men to be my next versatile signature scent. It is rather mossy in nature and can slightly remind one of the nature GIT aims for, however with many unfortunate GIT copies around Kiton definitely sets itself apart for the better. It is a more refined mossy to me than GIT, but to just categorize it as such would be doing Kiton injustice. Looking at the notes, it has a bit of everything but Kiton blends it together perfectly. If I had to label it something I would say a mossy lemon-apple with slight slight woods. An anytime frag, dress it up or dress it down. I went with the 4.2oz from Bloomingdales and I have no regrets doing so.
    Last edited by JetNoir; 1st April 2011 at 09:00 AM.

Sur la Plage

Sorry - it's not love worthy.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

I may need to try this. Only thing is, I've never been big on GIT, so if this is similar, maybe it won't make it to the top of my testing list.

I recently bagged on Ebay - Kiton Men (aftershave) because I saw some BN Theads talking up Kiton. I came to the conclusion as it was relatively inexpensive I thought it would be a safe as a blind buy. Result: very discretionary almost non existent scent

I also have a love of Kiton Men, I havn't smelled in a while, but a nice classy long lasting scent.
    The hunt for a Signature Fragrance is not an easy one! I see the light at the end of the tunnel! Edit: 2015... I've given up and given in
    Want to buy or swap: A*men Ultra Zest, Bentley Intense, Mont Blanc Legend Intense, Paco Rabanne Invictus,

I really love Kiton men since 2003. It's my favourite scent. Nothing like this and with an incredible longevity...more than 24 hours on my skin and one week one my shirts!!!
    And I can find it at 35 $ 4.2 oz bottle!!

Wow $35 a bottle! Where is this??
    The hunt for a Signature Fragrance is not an easy one! I see the light at the end of the tunnel! Edit: 2015... I've given up and given in
    Want to buy or swap: A*men Ultra Zest, Bentley Intense, Mont Blanc Legend Intense, Paco Rabanne Invictus,

Quote Originally Posted by DustB View Post
    Better late than never - it's definitely green mossy like Celine, but it's never reminded me of Halston I-12.
    Renato

Quote Originally Posted by kccparis View Post
    I recently bagged on Ebay - Kiton Men (aftershave) because I saw some BN Theads talking up Kiton. I came to the conclusion as it was relatively inexpensive I thought it would be a safe as a blind buy. Result: very discretionary almost non existent scent
    It's pointless buying any aftershave version of a scent, unless you know how long it lasts. Some aftershave splashes and balms can last a very long time (Joop Homme is the longest lasting I've tried, which can easily last a full 24 hour day). The splash ones can be used as colognes. Other aftershaves can just follow the newer new ephemeral style, where the scent barely lasts an hour or two. These are good for cleaning eyeglasses.

In my article of 10 years ago, I rated Kiton as a "bit below average strength aftershave" splash,
    http://www.basenotes.net/articles/lotion.html
    Regards,
    Renato

Quote Originally Posted by Neil4Speed View Post
    Wow $35 a bottle! Where is this??
    In Italy I know a man who sells tester with cap, and I pay about $ 35 for a never used 125 ml bottle!!

Quote Originally Posted by Francesco View Post
    In Italy I know a man who sells tester with cap, and I pay about $ 35 for a never used 125 ml bottle!!
    When I'm in Italy, I go down to the hardware and general goods store, and they have lots of testers for sale at 32 Euros.
    You're getting a better deal than me!
    Cheers,
    Renato

Picked up a sample, this is very good... one of the best designer frags I've tried. The opening is kinda harsh but after 10-20 min. it's mellowing into a very nice fruity-fresh scent with some fougere characteristics.

Kiton Men falls into my very large "kind of like, wouldn't mind wearing, but not bottle worthy" category.

I don't think anyone will hate it, most will think it's pleasant, and a few will like it a lot.
    Current Top Five:

1. Creed Green Irish Tweed
    2. Tom Ford Neroli Portofino
    3. Hermes Concentre d'Orange Verte
    4. Bond No. 9 New Haarlem
    5. Creed Original Vetiver

How many sprays do you need for Kiton Men?
    LOWBROW TO THE CORE

Classy and green fragrance. As far as sprays, I would say no more than three.

Its manufactured by Lauder and it smells just like any other fragrances they make outside of their Aramis line. In a nutshell it does not wow me and the price does not match the quality of the fragrance.

Quote Originally Posted by Bulakenyo View Post
    I use 6 sample sprays, I havent gotten into my 125ml bottle yet, I bought 10 samples before getting the bottle.
    6 sample sprays is about 3 sprays from the bottle.
    FragReviews.com - A Fresh Perspective
    Latest Review: Chopard - Oud Malaki

THE BIG SELLOFF! - Hermes Bel Ami / Polo Crest / Lubin L'eau Neuve / MIP EDP / CSP Vanille Mokha + Samples! - Updated 04/25
    Wanted: None

Quote Originally Posted by sjg3839 View Post
    Classy and green fragrance. As far as sprays, I would say no more than three.
    Thanks.

Thanks, also, MegaMav.
    LOWBROW TO THE CORE

This is a good quality fragrance which is a bargain compared to the uber priced stuff released in the last few years.
    To my nose it sits somewhere between GIT and Fahrenheit with a pineapple top note.
    I find it very strong and long lasting, so 2 or 3 sprays is enough for me.
    Personally, I do not like the Black version... I would recommend the regular red box version.

Great scent, it is my signature for the spring

Quote Originally Posted by musky_monkey View Post
    This is a good quality fragrance which is a bargain compared to the uber priced stuff released in the last few years.
    To my nose it sits somewhere between GIT and Fahrenheit with a pineapple top note.
    I find it very strong and long lasting, so 2 or 3 sprays is enough for me.
    Personally, I do not like the Black version... I would recommend the regular red box version.
    I have a buddy who can get me Kiton 2.5 oz for under 30 US dollars, also Lacoste original, Aramis Tuscany and Joop Homme 125ml for the same price.

Which one should I get, in order of importance?

and which ones should I get back up bottles of?
    LOWBROW TO THE CORE

Dependent

I fondly remember doing a fade away jump shot and watching a bottle of kiton my ex bought me sail into the trash can. She wasn't that bad, the scent certainly was.
    OFF SITE SALES, DECANTS ---Dior,Chanel MFK, MOLECULE 01* VINTAGE ANTAEUS*
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=499

Quote Originally Posted by Bulakenyo View Post
    I do six sprays under clothes for general wear, and those plus one on neck and two on chest for a night out. And some Kiton aftershave balm or splash to round out the experience.
    Cheers,
    Regards,
    Renato

Quote Originally Posted by willyb View Post
    She wasn't that bad, the scent certainly was.
    Utterly ridiculous.
    Regards,
    Renato

Cereus No.7 is a better version of Kiton Black and its dirt cheap. Anyone that likes the Kiton line should give it a sniff.

Sent from Richard's Ipad