Code of Conduct

Default Boucheron Jaipur Homme EDP Bottle Redesign?

I just received my new bottle of Jaipur Homme EDP in the mail from fragrancenet today and noticed that it differed slightly from the bottle I had before it (dating back to a 2005 purchase). On the new bottle, the edges of the glass are no longer frosted as they were on the old bottle. Anyone who has owned the EDP from 2005 or earlier most likely knows what I mean by this. What I'm wondering is: does this bottle redesign dictate a reformulation, or is it just a redesign? A fake is out of the question; I've verified that this is definitely a real Boucheron.

In case it helps, here is a photo of my new bottle:
    Click for large view - Uploaded with Skitch

Default Re: Boucheron Jaipur Homme EDP Bottle Redesign?

Can't be sure, but my guess is that it is a bottle redesign. I haven't heard any talk of this fragrance being changed, but I might be wrong.

The bottle doesn't dictate reformulation and I think it looks quite good without the frosting.

Basenotes Institution

Does it smell the same?
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

This bottle is not recent because it has the old boucheron name font

The Lord & Taylor by me now has a bunch of them, plus gift sets. I know they didn't have these before.
    For those about to stink, I salute you!

Banned

Saw this same bottle in Dillard's a few days ago. The SA informed me that they just got it back in after a time of only stocking the Eau de Toilette. I have no idea if it's been reformulated or not, though, as I didn't get a sample to compare.

I really, REALLY hope not. Please, not Jaipur, too.

Can anybody test this to confirm? The original is so beautiful and EXTREMELY potent. I may be able to pop into the city later next week to see if they have the new bottles and do a comparison.
    Check out my Fragrance Review Blog

Wishlist: Byredo Pulp, Creed Aventus, Montale Black Aoud, Original Santal, Dior Jules, Invasion Barbare, Pure Distance M

I've been dying to try this, but I thought it was discontinued, so I never tested it to avoid any future frustration.
    And now it's back in an EdP version even!

My Jaipur Homme EDP is like this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Boucheron-Ja...item19ca34e293

Bought about 1 year ago.

I really like frosted bottles, but either way, the bottle still looks sharp. I really wish this label would come up with a new fragrance, but I guess it's better to leave on a high note
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge, ConcentrÚ D'Orange Verte...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

Quote Originally Posted by Surfacing View Post
    I really like frosted bottles, but either way, the bottle still looks sharp. I really wish this label would come up with a new fragrance, but I guess it's better to leave on a high note
    The thing is, it doesn't look like Boucheron is in any way giving up on its fragrance line. A quick glance at European vendor websites such as Escentual and Sephora France indicates that Boucheron is in full force selling Pour Homme and Ja´pur for the guys, and Boucheron Femme and B de Boucheron for women. In recent years however, they have pared down their female line quite a bit, discontinuing: Initial, Trouble, Ja´pur Femme, and Ja´pur Saphir.

Quote Originally Posted by oolafsson View Post
    The thing is, it doesn't look like Boucheron is in any way giving up on its fragrance line. A quick glance at European vendor websites such as Escentual and Sephora France indicates that Boucheron is in full force selling Pour Homme and Ja´pur for the guys, and Boucheron Femme and B de Boucheron for women. In recent years however, they have pared down their female line quite a bit, discontinuing: Initial, Trouble, Ja´pur Femme, and Ja´pur Saphir.
    Hey, thanks for the post. That is good to hear and informative as well. I never really could deal with Pour Homme, but Jaipur Homme edt is a great creamy scent. I don't find the EDP to be all that different ( except the opening), which is strange. I like the Fraicheur edition as well.

At least Boucheron is staying the course, more or less.
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge, ConcentrÚ D'Orange Verte...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

Quote Originally Posted by Surfacing View Post
    Hey, thanks for the post. That is good to hear and informative as well. I never really could deal with Pour Homme, but Jaipur Homme edt is a great creamy scent. I don't find the EDP to be all that different ( except the opening), which is strange. I like the Fraicheur edition as well.

At least Boucheron is staying the course, more or less.
    True, but I do tend to worry about their distribution plans. Only very few department stores have Boucheron fragrances in the US, and in addition to that most of them are online exclusives and aren't even found in their stores. Additionally, Boucheron's own website has not actually had anything under its fragrance section for months now. See for yourself, if you go to their site and select fragrances and try to navigate into one of their lines, it will say there are no products under that line, which is strange indeed. These things seem to suggest to me that Boucheron is fast approaching becoming a continental Europe exclusive... Or at least definitely not an American presence anymore.

The fragrance IS slightly different. The new one is not as well loved by me and loved one. Looking to find older version and have back-up for future....

I own the shower-gel also. It`s great. I think it`s out of production now. Pity!

You may have received the info by now, but the one you have is authentic. They just changed the bottle design. I've seen a few in different dept. stores with the same bottle. I sampled most of them in these stores, and they smell perfect. Enjoy one of the greatest bro!
    Like I always say....."Don't cheat yourself, treat yourself!" Enjoy the holidays!

You have old stock but I am questioning it. Yes the frosted glass sides are gone due to cutting back on production cost but these changes came when Boucheron updated their logo font type. You bottle pictured is showing the pervious font...?

New logo font

https://www.google.com/search?q=bouc...HjngpeyCmCnKM:

Can anybody confirm if there was a reformulation? If so, is it still as nice and potent as the original formulation? Is it a good blind buy too?

I thought there was a thread in which someone claimed the frosted glass ones were much better. Do some searching and you might find it.

My edp bottle is quite new, and it has frosted glass all over.

Frosted bottles were discontinued 2011. The new ones are clear.

Quote Originally Posted by vinramani09 View Post
    Frosted bottles were discontinued 2011. The new ones are clear.
    Well.. my bottle is largely frosted, yet comes up as dates in December of 2012 (06D12C341) via checkfresh and checkcosmetic.

Thoughts?.. It's EdP type as well.
    (Formerly Jouho)