Code of Conduct

Default SOTD Friday 16th of December 2011

Good Morning

I am in Pure Poison by Dior -Synchronized Friday (wear your Poison's )
    LOVE IS BEST
    My sale thread :http://www.basenotes.net/search.php?searchid=2281122
    "There are people of spirit and there are people of passion but much less common that one might think. Rarer still are the people of passion and spirit. But rarest of all is a passionate spirit."
    -- Martin Buber

Default Re: SOTD Friday 16th of December 2011

Good Morning,

I'm in celebratory mood: I had my viva voce examination yesterday. After 4 hours of interrogation concerning my doctoral thesis, I was very happy to hear I'd passed ! With regards the all important question: 'which scent did I wear ?', the answer is 'nothing'. I didn't want to forever link a perfume to the day, with all the associated anxiety. Today however, I'm making up for it with a liberal application of Chanel Cuir de Russie (vintage EdT).

FrouFrou: Thanks so much for the horsey pics. I knew Warum had to be right.

Thinking of Mimi too.

Best to everyone today.
    Last edited by gandhajala; 16th December 2011 at 07:29 AM.

Good morning!

BIG BIG congratulations, my friend G.! I'm truly thrilled for you. You deserve bathing in your sacred stuff.
    I'm wearing my ME scent, of course... Tabac Blond!
    I'm one boring chap currently: Tabac Blond during the day and Shalimar at night would do me.
    I was thinking of Mims repeatedly yesterday. It must do her good with all this positive energy focused on her.

Ta'if - Ormonde Jayne.

Hello all. L'Artisan Nuit de Tuberose.
    DONNA

1 Million

Sur la Plage

Good morning! My SOTD is Tom Ford Extreme.

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Comme des Garçons Ouarzazate, from a sample.
    I don't know much about medicine, but I know what I like. -- S.J. Perelman

Basenotes Plus

Good morning all, and congratulations Gandhajala !.

Spoke witn Mimi earlier. The positive vibes were much appreciated - she's doing OK and sends her thanks to everyone.

In synch with Hypnotic Poison.

So much for the heavy snowfall. Woke up this morning to ............ absolutely nothing. I reckon our weatherfolk should be put on performance related pay. They'll be busking on street corners by the New Year - and I'll willingly provide the harmonicas.

Hugs and congratulations from me, Dr.G, the linguist.

Thanks for keeping Mimi in your thoughts -- mind you she is far away from home! -- and please continue doing so.

Shiseido Zen (black, original).

thank you, JR.

Basenotes Plus

More good wishes for Mimi straight from Staten Island.

SOTD is Caron Parfum Sacre Intense
    Notes include lemon, pepper, mace, cardamom, orange blossom, rose, jasmine, vanilla, myrrh, civet, cedar

Wish you all a very good Friday.
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Basenotes Plus

Good morning and congratulations Gandhajala!

Very happy to hear Mimi is doing okay after her surgery, thank
    you Jon for the news.

In sync with Christian Dior Pure Poison.

Flowers are for Mimi, hope you feel better soon!!

Dr. Gandhajala, congratulations!!! Well done, sir.
    Jon, thanks for the update, it is appreciated.

I can't do poison, er, I mean Poison. Maybe tonight I will brave a little from a sample of Hypnotic Poison, and give it another try.

But for today, I'm going comfy with PG Cadjmere. The stress of holiday season is getting to me a bit, and I just need to relax. I've been wearing alot of vanilla frags at night, I should have recognized that I needed something comforting So now I'll switch to comforting, soft and creamy woods.

Dior homme Intense vintage

my current top five (always in transition)

Dior Eau Noire
    HdP 1725 Casanova
    eau de gloire parfum d'empire
    Dia man Amouage
    comme des garçons man 2

Thumbs up Re: SOTD Friday 16th of December 2011

Jean-François Laporte
    ( 1938 - 2011 )

EAU DES ÎLES
    ( Vintage )

Maître Parfumeur et Gantier
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

OI RODGERS.... Whit do you mean there is nae snaw? There is bliddy snaw! It obviously got blown off course a bit and got dumped on me!!

G You dancer!! Congratulations. I hope that you intend to celebrate.

Going for the Friday synch today and am twinned with the snow free Jon. This is the only poison that I have, a mini Hypnotic from a lovely Dior SA. I have smelled it but I don't think that I would have worn it if were not for the synch. So isn't that great? Nothing ventured and all that....so far so good actually.

Frou Frou What a fantastic image, beautiful you on that beautiful horse, going full pelt.

Mimi

Oh, and Kiliwia your post looks so lovely today I feel like cutting out and keeping it! Love the kitty.

Good morning everyone!

The NOMA Centennial Celebration starts tonight, and this is a very big deal around here - the museum will be open for 31 hours straight with tons of events planned. My little niece and nephew are in town and, naturally, they want to take part in all of them, lol! I need something that I can get a full day out of, so I'm in the gorgeous and everlasting Badgley Mischka edp. Y'all have a great day!

Congratulations gandhajala - I bet you're glad to have that behind you! Cheers!

And here's a comforting hug for ((cello)) - it sounds like you could use a drink, too!

((MimiG))
    Last edited by Evangeline; 16th December 2011 at 02:18 PM.
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Good morning, market day today, hoping to sell a lot as it's definitely that time of year! KM Datura Blanche over Body Shop Moringa Body Butter.

Congratulations to Gandhajala, that sounds harrowing, well done!

Congratulations Gandhajala!!

In synch today and scent triplets with Jon Rogers and Foustie in Hypnotic Poison. Almost through our first week at work with the new computer system, it is still messed up but getting better.

Congrats,Gandhajala!You have worked so hard-now it's time to celebrate!

Thanks Jon for the update;have been worried.Hope our (((Mimi))) will be healed back to her own strong self very soon.

In sync in Midnight Poison.A testament to how badly I really want to be in sync-I utterly hate this scent.Strong words from me,I know!
    The nose wants what it wants!

Congratulations, Gandhajala! I mean Dr. G.! I don't blame you for not wearing a scent for that.

Jon, thanks for the update on Mimi. Still praying for her speedy recovery.

I'm out of synch, as I have no Poison, only a decant of Midnight Poison, but it isn't what I'm in the mood for. I'm trying some vintage Jontue cologne splash that I bought cheap on ebay (speaking of guilty cheapies) - an old fashioned chypre'y floral - and no vanilla or caramel for a change. I wore this as a girl, and it still smells good, but only the vintage, not the stuff they sell in the drugstore now.

Quote Originally Posted by PerfumedLady View Post
    In sync in Midnight Poison.A testament to how badly I really want to be in sync-I utterly hate this scent.Strong words from me,I know!
    You're a braver woman than I am - I couldn't do it.

Yeah,we'll see how much endurance I have with this,Lilybelle!It's wearing me down already.

I used to love and wear Jontue,as well.Was so beautiful and wearable just about anywhere.I'm glad you mentioned the newer juice-had been tempted to try but successful so far at forcing myself to steer clear.Will be easier to walk on by now!Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by PerfumedLady View Post
    Yeah,we'll see how much endurance I have with this,Lilybelle!It's wearing me down already.

I used to love and wear Jontue,as well.Was so beautiful and wearable just about anywhere.I'm glad you mentioned the newer juice-had been tempted to try but successful so far at forcing myself to steer clear.Will be easier to walk on by now!Thanks!
    Yes, you will be disappointed in the current juice, sadly degraded in quality like so many others now. Jontue was always a drugstore scent, though it was pretty and had...oak moss (gasp!), and other ingredients that I suppose are nearly impossible now, and certainly impossible at a drugstore price.

Basenotes Institution

I have Poison in vintage Esprit de Parfum but there's no way I could wear that today as it's hot & sticky here in Miami (maybe I'll wear it tonight?) so instead I'm wearing the light & breezy...

Hermessence Brin de Reglisse by Hermes

An equal distance between aromatic (lavender) and gourmand (licorice candy), perfectly balanced. My only wish is that it was a tiny bit stronger, or that Hermes made body products in this scent (lotion, cream) which would extend the scent. Now that I think of it BDR is almost the exact opposite of Poison.
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

Last studyweek for this term today....Wore the usual Shalimar/Vol de nuit layering.Congratulations Gandhajala Well done! Mimi: <3
    Hope the rest of you have a great day!

Ghandajala, Congratulations! Well done! And now of course you do have a fragrance connected with this day...
    One day while hedonisting I will make a less fluffy photo

Mimi is in my thoughts.

I am in sync with Midnight Poison. Didn't like it, even went ''yuk'' in the beginning, but the drydown is nice. A bit too soapy.
    ''Do unto others 20% better than you'd expect them to do unto you to correct for subjective error.''
    (Linus Pauling)

www.aafke-art.com

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

Yay, Dr. G! Happy day! Congratulations! (There was never any doubt, was there?)

Foustie, thank you for the virtual auditory tickle.

Have a brilliant day wherever you are on our pale blue planet.
    Loving me some green ...Jo Malone Mint Leaf (5 stars!)

Quote Originally Posted by d4N13L View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Congratulations Dr G! 4 hour viva though - ugh - sounds like a crime against humanity. Was your external getting paid by the hour? Very well done for getting through it.

Sending warm thoughts Mimi's way.

Also synching with quite a few others in Hypnotic Poison. Great minds think alike or fools seldom differ? I'll let you decide

Blog Entries

Chanel Allure homme edition blanche
    Sounds like someones having a case of the Mondays

Blog Entries

I am logging in to smell some Poisons! No one is wearing the original yet? Aack.
    I cannot wear anything right now since I plan to do some fragrance smelling in a local outlet that's having a sale. Exciting, huh?
    I won't come away with fragrances, though, but I plan to come away with Christmas list.

(((Mimi)))
    Congrats, Gandhajala! was that the thesis exam? any revisions need to be done? is that IT? Can I call you Dr.? So many questions, you might think your exam isn't over yet

Blog Entries

Anais Anais EdP

<3 Mimi
    Last edited by Fleurine; 16th December 2011 at 03:57 PM.

Dans La Nuit Vers Le Jour Sans Adieu Je Reviens Vers Toi.

Not in sync today. Congrats to Dr. G. and healing thoughts to Mimi.

My fragrance is a sample of Costume National 21.

SOTD is Bond No 9 Success is a Job in NY

Thank you all for your kind words today. I'm truly touched. I keep saying it, but you guys & gals really are the best.
    (Warum: yes, that was the thesis exam. Just need to correct a few typos etc, nothing substantial, so effectively that's it ! ).

SotE will be Mitsouko (vintage parfum).

Take care all and special healing thoughts for mimi.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Foustie View Post
    OI RODGERS.... Whit do you mean there is nae snaw? There is bliddy snaw! It obviously got blown off course a bit and got dumped on me!!Mimi
    Can you please arrange to send some down here around this time next week as I was hoping for a white Xmas. We did have one a couple of years ago ....... and guess who was lounging in 25 degree heat in New Zealand

SotE - Rochas Man.

I'm having a good glass or two of a nice French red tonight and toast to you, G.!
    On my stroll in downtown Vienna I happened to find the new Cuir Fetiche by MPG (see thread) and yes, I got a nice sample for further testing as well... the price was it started to rain heavily when I had to walk back to work and I arrived rather soaking wet.
    Sending my continued positive thoughts Mims' way!
    SotE: Jean Patou - Moment Supreme EdT with a spritz of the parfum on top.
    TGIF! Enjoy your weekend!

Blog Entries

Yay, Dr. Gandhajala! Congratulations, that's a big day! I'll toast for you in the evening.

News from Warumworld: no sniffing for me, more unplanned work instead because of other people's scheduling issues. I cannot even say TGIF because I have a bigger fish to fry: a break! That is, when all this craziness is over.

So I went to get some original Poison for the sync... and what?! All my vintage Poison turned?! A wee bit left of Tendre evaporated?! Ugh... more horrible news... I am ploughing through a pile of work while wearing the original Poison, but in its contemporary incarnation.

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Warum View Post
    News from Warumworld: no sniffing for me, more unplanned work instead because of other people's scheduling issues.
    Sympathies, W. That is one of my pet peeves. A friend once gave me a sign to hang over my desk. It read:
    A Lack of Planning on Your Part
    DOES NOT NECESSARILY MEAN
    An Emergency on My Part
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Brilliant sign Quarry.
    I am sorry to hear it Warum.

I have a poster in my hall:
    Dull Women
    have tidy Homes

Just so everybody is prepared
    ''Do unto others 20% better than you'd expect them to do unto you to correct for subjective error.''
    (Linus Pauling)

www.aafke-art.com

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Will read and catch up later-- busy day, hubby is home and we have to pick up our daughter at school soon and head off to other things...
    I'm wearing Flora Nerolia again and loving it!

Poor soaked Larimar!But perfume shopping is worth it at any cost,isn't it?

Oh,(((Warum)))!What a raw deal-no sync day for you and yet more work?!Hang in there dear,your break is coming!

FrouFrou,love that "warning" for your guests!I bet I'd have a lovely time visiting you in your home!Nothing dull about our girl FrouFrou!

I'm quite proud of myself-it's after 3PM here and I have lasted all day with Midnight Poison,enough to actually give it a longevity rating.Still do not like it though drydown is better.Bathing and switching to Iris 39 as of NOW!

HdP - 1725 Casanova

First off, my sincere congratulations to gandhajala!!!!

Second, I'm thinking of you (((Mimi))).

Third, I'm sending get-well vibes to Cello and anyone else with sniffles, snuffles, or tummy rumbles.

Finally, I have nothing from the Poison oeuvre, so I am wearing Dioressence instead. Take care, all.

Basenotes Plus

Well first of all, I'm several hundred bottles into a collection and I am Poison-less. I have really bad associations with it from its heyday. It was the favorite of the coterie of "really skinny rich Mercedes drivin' women of a certain disdainful temperament" prevalent round these parts. Just can't get past that... so I will semi-sync by sporting another of the House's creations today- Dioressence semi-vintage. Semi because I know this is not the new formula but I'm not sure how old my bottle really is.

Second- Thank you Foustie for what Q referred to as the "virtual auditory tickle".

When I retire, my two dream travel trips are- spending enough time in Scotland to understand the wee figures of speech, & be drinking on a hill with a man in a kilt and a sporran AND secondly, spending enough time in Buenos Aires to "get" the Tango. LOL As disparate as disparate can be, I know.

Everyone have a great weekend!

Added- scent twins with Leesee- YAY!
    A Scent Rescuer
    Every great perfume deserves a good home

I'm home early and switched into Laetitia by Rancé. Another sample, but I don't think either this or CN 21 are keepers for me, although I'd like to try 21 on Misterben.

Congratulations,
    gandhajala!

(((Mimi)))

sotd was Iris Taϊzo.

sote: Essence by NR

Quote Originally Posted by *dora* View Post
    sotd was Iris Taϊzo.
    I love that one!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 30 Roses View Post
    Will read and catch up later-- busy day, hubby is home and we have to pick up our daughter at school soon and head off to other things...
    I'm wearing Flora Nerolia again and loving it!
    I'm not poisoning myself tonight as originally planned. I decided to be scent cousins with 30R in Aqua Allegoria Lilia Bella, sprayed right over Anais Anais...is this combo called Anais Bella or Lilia Anais?

Dans La Nuit Vers Le Jour Sans Adieu Je Reviens Vers Toi.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Fleurine View Post
    I'm not poisoning myself tonight as originally planned. I decided to be scent cousins with 30R in Aqua Allegoria Lilia Bella, sprayed right over Anais Anais...is this combo called Anais Bella or Lilia Anais?
    That sounds like an interesting combo!

>>>> Dr. G, CONGRATULATIONS! Very exciting indeed!

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

L'Occitane Eau de Badian tonight
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

((((MIMI)))) I'm thinking of You!!!
    Polo Double Black
    Gary

summer means fireflys

Long night last night (TWO emergency heart caths kept me at work til really late) and an even longer day today ... I was wearing Liaisons Dangereuses. I received a compliment from a co-worker who has never mentioned my scent before. He told me three times how great I smelled today!

Big congratulations to G! or is that Doctor G?