Code of Conduct
    Sur la Plage

Default New Fragrance: Playboy Berlin

From fragrantica.com:

Playboy is expanding its collection dedicated to the world's major cities and urban life with a new scent Playboy Berlin. The new fragrance is exciting, dynamic and virile, devoted to clubbers and fully inspired by the European center of electronic music and party scene. Berlin is a city that never sleeps; the city of extremely urban culture, underground and exclusive clubs and crazy electronic parties.

The composition opens with sparkling notes of icy gin, orange and spices, embodying the energy and strength. Its heart is dominated by fruity notes of apples and cranberries, blended with the accords of geranium. The base is woody and musky, made of moss, sandalwood, and ambrette seed.

Top notes: gin, orange, spices
    Heart: apple, cranberry, geranium
    Base: sandalwood, moss, ambrette seed

The fragrance is available as 50 ml Eau de Toilette, 100 ml After Shave Lotion and 150 ml Deodorant. It will be available on the market from February 2012.

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Default Re: New Fragrance: Playboy Berlin

Will not rush to try this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rüssel View Post
    Will not rush to try this.
    Same here.

Basenotes Institution

That Playboy bunny logo, with the electronic DJ mixing graphic filled in, is hideous. (sigh)
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

Dependent

i could see that combination of notes working in balance, though very synthetic and probably too sweet

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    That Playboy bunny logo, with the electronic DJ mixing graphic filled in, is hideous. (sigh)
    +1 ... they should have had an iconic bunny with her poofy, bunny tail using the mixer ...

I dont know why but I was expecting a Vetiver-based scent...
    -

That'd be funny if it turned out amazing.

If it attracts the girl above, I'll add it to my collection!
    Looking to swap…look for my thread on the trade page. May be interested in buying Amouage. Having fun with shower gels. If you want to get rid of yours or swap for frags, give me a shout!

Dependent

I have friends that wear cheap, Playboy cologne. Soooo, I guess that means I'll eventually give this one a try.

Coming soon to a Big Lots near you.
    CHEAP CREED SPLITS
    Millesime Imperial, Original Santal, Green Irish Tweed
    Himalaya, Aventus, Tabarome
    plus Amouage Honour & Fate Man

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/393...92#post3296892

Blog Entries

for some reason this bottle/box/design looks cooler than the other scents............as well as the notes!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    From fragrantica.com:

Playboy is expanding its collection dedicated to the world's major cities and urban life with a new scent Playboy Berlin. The new fragrance is exciting, dynamic and virile, devoted to clubbers and fully inspired by the European center of electronic music and party scene. Berlin is a city that never sleeps; the city of extremely urban culture, underground and exclusive clubs and crazy electronic parties.

The composition opens with sparkling notes of icy gin, orange and spices, embodying the energy and strength. Its heart is dominated by fruity notes of apples and cranberries, blended with the accords of geranium. The base is woody and musky, made of moss, sandalwood, and ambrette seed.

Top notes: gin, orange, spices
    Heart: apple, cranberry, geranium
    Base: sandalwood, moss, ambrette seed

The fragrance is available as 50 ml Eau de Toilette, 100 ml After Shave Lotion and 150 ml Deodorant. It will be available on the market from February 2012.

Thank you for adding!

For anyone who has lived in Berlin, great techno music is synonymous with the city, simply the best I have ever experienced, and I am usually very critical of Germans. But this seems a smart business move by Playboy, they are very popular in Germany and the white trash association in the USA to Playboy doesn´t seem to apply in Germany, where many people 16 and under wear their clothes and pour on the juice from both sexes. Playboy knows what they are doing, next you will see them go with Moscow, another huge market for them. Just wait and see.

Playboy scents are just marketing tools. They're uniformly cheap, and smell bad. Some of the notes look interesting on paper, but it never translates to the bottle.
    Current Top Five:

1. Creed Green Irish Tweed
    2. Tom Ford Neroli Portofino
    3. Hermes Concentre d'Orange Verte
    4. Bond No. 9 New Haarlem
    5. Creed Original Vetiver

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DutchSchwag View Post
    For anyone who has lived in Berlin, great techno music is synonymous with the city, simply the best I have ever experienced, and I am usually very critical of Germans. But this seems a smart business move by Playboy, they are very popular in Germany and the white trash association in the USA to Playboy doesn´t seem to apply in Germany, where many people 16 and under wear their clothes and pour on the juice from both sexes. Playboy knows what they are doing, next you will see them go with Moscow, another huge market for them. Just wait and see.
    Thanks for pointing that out, I've never been to D'land but I can see how the Playboy brand may hold more status than here in the states where it has played itself out, people here associate it with the 50's, 60's and 70's and a shrinking readership for it's print publication does not help any.