Code of Conduct
Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1. #1
    Sur la Plage

    petruccijc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Clearwater Beach, Florida
    Posts
    17,010
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default New Fragrance: Playboy Berlin

    From fragrantica.com:

    Playboy is expanding its collection dedicated to the world's major cities and urban life with a new scent Playboy Berlin. The new fragrance is exciting, dynamic and virile, devoted to clubbers and fully inspired by the European center of electronic music and party scene. Berlin is a city that never sleeps; the city of extremely urban culture, underground and exclusive clubs and crazy electronic parties.

    The composition opens with sparkling notes of icy gin, orange and spices, embodying the energy and strength. Its heart is dominated by fruity notes of apples and cranberries, blended with the accords of geranium. The base is woody and musky, made of moss, sandalwood, and ambrette seed.

    Top notes: gin, orange, spices
    Heart: apple, cranberry, geranium
    Base: sandalwood, moss, ambrette seed

    The fragrance is available as 50 ml Eau de Toilette, 100 ml After Shave Lotion and 150 ml Deodorant. It will be available on the market from February 2012.

    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

  2. #2
    Rüssel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    6,131
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: New Fragrance: Playboy Berlin

    Will not rush to try this.

  3. #3

    Default Re: New Fragrance: Playboy Berlin

    Quote Originally Posted by Rüssel View Post
    Will not rush to try this.
    Same here.

  4. #4
    Basenotes Institution
    mikeperez23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    25,696
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: New Fragrance: Playboy Berlin

    That Playboy bunny logo, with the electronic DJ mixing graphic filled in, is hideous. (sigh)
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

    -- Jack Kerouac

  5. #5
    Dependent
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    3,624
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: New Fragrance: Playboy Berlin

    i could see that combination of notes working in balance, though very synthetic and probably too sweet

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    6,676
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: New Fragrance: Playboy Berlin

    Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    That Playboy bunny logo, with the electronic DJ mixing graphic filled in, is hideous. (sigh)
    +1 ... they should have had an iconic bunny with her poofy, bunny tail using the mixer ...


  7. #7
    zztopp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    the Dirty South
    Posts
    6,632
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: New Fragrance: Playboy Berlin

    I dont know why but I was expecting a Vetiver-based scent...
    -

  8. #8

    Default Re: New Fragrance: Playboy Berlin

    That'd be funny if it turned out amazing.

  9. #9

    Default Re: New Fragrance: Playboy Berlin

    If it attracts the girl above, I'll add it to my collection!
    Looking to swap…look for my thread on the trade page. May be interested in buying Amouage. Having fun with shower gels. If you want to get rid of yours or swap for frags, give me a shout!

  10. #10
    Dependent
    chrisbar1104's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Grand Rapids, MI
    Posts
    1,251
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: New Fragrance: Playboy Berlin

    I have friends that wear cheap, Playboy cologne. Soooo, I guess that means I'll eventually give this one a try.

  11. #11
    Dependent heperd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Austin Texas
    Posts
    4,752
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: New Fragrance: Playboy Berlin

    Coming soon to a Big Lots near you.
    *BASENOTES SPLITS*
    Tom Ford Oud Fleur, AVENTUS
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/289345-

    *CRYSTAL FLACON SPLITS*
    Tom Ford Plum Japonais, Oud Fleur, AVENTUS
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?p=927#927

  12. #12
    odioustoilet's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    I-5/washington street exit
    Posts
    1,218
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    12

    Default Re: New Fragrance: Playboy Berlin

    for some reason this bottle/box/design looks cooler than the other scents............as well as the notes!

  13. #13
    odioustoilet's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    I-5/washington street exit
    Posts
    1,218
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    12

    Default Re: New Fragrance: Playboy Berlin

    Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    From fragrantica.com:

    Playboy is expanding its collection dedicated to the world's major cities and urban life with a new scent Playboy Berlin. The new fragrance is exciting, dynamic and virile, devoted to clubbers and fully inspired by the European center of electronic music and party scene. Berlin is a city that never sleeps; the city of extremely urban culture, underground and exclusive clubs and crazy electronic parties.

    The composition opens with sparkling notes of icy gin, orange and spices, embodying the energy and strength. Its heart is dominated by fruity notes of apples and cranberries, blended with the accords of geranium. The base is woody and musky, made of moss, sandalwood, and ambrette seed.

    Top notes: gin, orange, spices
    Heart: apple, cranberry, geranium
    Base: sandalwood, moss, ambrette seed

    The fragrance is available as 50 ml Eau de Toilette, 100 ml After Shave Lotion and 150 ml Deodorant. It will be available on the market from February 2012.

    Thank you for adding!

  14. #14
    DutchSchwag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    4
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: New Fragrance: Playboy Berlin

    For anyone who has lived in Berlin, great techno music is synonymous with the city, simply the best I have ever experienced, and I am usually very critical of Germans. But this seems a smart business move by Playboy, they are very popular in Germany and the white trash association in the USA to Playboy doesn´t seem to apply in Germany, where many people 16 and under wear their clothes and pour on the juice from both sexes. Playboy knows what they are doing, next you will see them go with Moscow, another huge market for them. Just wait and see.

  15. #15

    Default Re: New Fragrance: Playboy Berlin

    Playboy scents are just marketing tools. They're uniformly cheap, and smell bad. Some of the notes look interesting on paper, but it never translates to the bottle.
    Current Top Ten:

    1. Creed Millesime Imperial
    2. Serge Lutens Chergui
    3. Hermes Concentre d'Orange Verte
    4. Creed Virgin Island Water
    5. Chanel Eau de Cologne
    6. Thierry Mugler Pure Havane
    7. Van Cleef & Arpels Pour Homme
    8. Bulgari Blu
    9. Bond No. 9 New Haarlem
    10. YSL Kouros

  16. #16
    odioustoilet's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    I-5/washington street exit
    Posts
    1,218
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    12

    Default Re: New Fragrance: Playboy Berlin

    Quote Originally Posted by DutchSchwag View Post
    For anyone who has lived in Berlin, great techno music is synonymous with the city, simply the best I have ever experienced, and I am usually very critical of Germans. But this seems a smart business move by Playboy, they are very popular in Germany and the white trash association in the USA to Playboy doesn´t seem to apply in Germany, where many people 16 and under wear their clothes and pour on the juice from both sexes. Playboy knows what they are doing, next you will see them go with Moscow, another huge market for them. Just wait and see.
    Thanks for pointing that out, I've never been to D'land but I can see how the Playboy brand may hold more status than here in the states where it has played itself out, people here associate it with the 50's, 60's and 70's and a shrinking readership for it's print publication does not help any.

Similar Threads

  1. Playboy New York Fragrance
    By petruccijc in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 26th June 2012, 08:27 AM
  2. New Fragrance: Playboy - London Playboy
    By petruccijc in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 18th August 2011, 09:03 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •