Code of Conduct

Default Would love some suggestions based on my wardrobe

So, I've discovered this hobby in the past year or so, and it's very addicting, but very expensive. I'm trying to build a solid wardrobe of 10-15 full bottles that I really love without totally breaking the bank. Based on my wardrobe, do you have any suggestions for fragrances you think I should try?

If you don't feel like clicking through to my wardrobe, I tend to like winter notes like wood, leather, spice, frankincense, myrrh, and some gourmands. Even in warm weather I tend to lightly apply things like Encre Noire, Eau Sauvage Parfum, and Fille en Aiguilles.

Other favorites include:

Jubilation XXV
    LADDM
    DHI
    LIDGE
    Chergui
    Fahrenheit

I've also really enjoyed samples of Invasion Barbare, Back to Black, Tuscan Leather, Musc Ravageur, Opus VI, Avignon, Patchouli Imperial, and Epic Man but haven't decided if they're full bottle worthy, so any input on that is greatly appreciated too. Thanks!

Default Re: Would love some suggestions based on my wardrobe

Comme des Garcons 2 Man. Wood, leather, spices and incense...check, check, check and check. Definitely and excellent fragrance that you need to try if you haven't done so already.

Incense Pure from Sonoma Scent Studio if you want a raw, green interpretation of incense resins.
    Madhat Scents - My personal limited run artisan perfume project. Jour et la Nuit (17/18th Century Style Chypre - Oakmoss/Resins/Musk/Vintage Civet Tincture.) / Bespoke 8.30.14 - ONLY 4 LEFT! (Apple, Cavendish Pipe Tobacco, Vanilla, Smoke, Woods & Resin.)

***MadHat Samples now available at Surrender to Chance here.

SALES THREAD Slumberhouse, CdG & More...

Great suggestion; I love CDG 2 Man and have worn it for a really long time. Oddly, I think I've become sort of anosmic to it, which is kind of a shame.

Tom Ford Sahara Noir would be another good fragrance to try as well. It's a warm incense fragrance with a ton of stuff going on...warm waxy honeycomed incense...is the way I would describe it.
    Madhat Scents - My personal limited run artisan perfume project. Jour et la Nuit (17/18th Century Style Chypre - Oakmoss/Resins/Musk/Vintage Civet Tincture.) / Bespoke 8.30.14 - ONLY 4 LEFT! (Apple, Cavendish Pipe Tobacco, Vanilla, Smoke, Woods & Resin.)

***MadHat Samples now available at Surrender to Chance here.

SALES THREAD Slumberhouse, CdG & More...

Derby by Guerlain
    Granville by Dior
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Check out some more Serge Lutens, and perhaps Parfumerie Generale fragrances. These houses deal almost exclusively with the types of scents you seem to enjoy.

Arabie
    5 O'clock au Gingambre
    Jeux de Peau

Aomassi
    Coze
    L'Ombre Fauve
    Last edited by JiveHippo; 19th April 2014 at 12:30 AM.

Meharees L`Erbolario! It's just like MR without the nasty clove, plus it's only around $40 for a bottle...great stuff!!!

If you like wood perhaps Tom Ford's Oud Wood , if you like some smokiness with your wood perhaps Konig by Yosh.
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."

"I've been everywhere but the electric chair seen everything but the wind."..

+1 for Five O'Clock au Gingambre. It's tea + spice + wood. Very smooth and calming .

Thanks for all the replies!

Check out Bentley for Men Intense.

Perhaps also (trying to cover both designer and niche as much as possible, while still remaining within the category of mainly affordable scents):

Fahrenheit Absolute, Guerlain Heritage, Habit Rouge and/or Mouchoir de Monsieur, Jaipur Homme, TF Black Orchid, Penhaligons Endymion, SL Ambre Sultan, most of the Prada Infusion (less wintry, spicy, gourmand and/or leathery notes in this one, but still somehow present in the overall fresher and soapier blend), Van Cleef & Arpels PH and Esencia Loewe (these two adding a balanced and surprisingly manly yet classy dark floral note to equally dark leatheriness, chypre and spiced, even incense-like notes), Gucci Envy for Men, Eau Sauvage Fraicheur Cuir, Caron pour un Homme.

Since you like leathers and don't shy from heavier things, you could try Etat Libre d'Orange Rien, a very animalic leather.

cacio

Amouage Interlude Man, Nassomatto Black Afgano, slumberhouse Norne or Jeke, Armani Prive Myrrhe Royal, Bois d'encens, and oud royal

Also, seeing as I own 6 of the things in your wardrobe, and enjoy all of them... feel free to look at my wardrobe for inspiration as our tastes may be quite similar