Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 60 of 77
  1. #1

    Default MFK APOM Pour Homme - Gorgeous Heaveny Orange Blossom Amber Fragrance

    I have had a full bottle of this delivered today as I was impressed with LNPH another MFK creation and it is every bit as gorgeous.

    This one is all about orange blossom,amber and cedar though they are blended together seamlessly. I sprayed a shot to my chest and both wrists and have been enveloped in a halo of warm orange blossom amber.

    It is warm and slightly sweet and powdery and has the same ethereal nature as LNPH but this projects more and I have gotten about nine hours plus and it's still going.

    This scent really is heavenly and it seems to blossom on the skin. It gives you a rich seductive glow and the woods seem to make the scent more masculine by deepening the feeling of the amber/orange blossom.

    Anyone who loves Aqua Di Palma, Neroli and barbershop type scents should check this one out as it is gorgeous. This would make a great Spring/Summer fragrance for that out of the shower into the Summer Sun feeling.

  2. #2
    hednic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    McLean, NYC, & Bzios
    Posts
    82,637

    Default Re: MFK APOM Pour Homme - Gorgeous Heaveny Orange Blossom Amber Fragrance

    Very good description of a very nice scent.

  3. #3

    Default Re: MFK APOM Pour Homme - Gorgeous Heaveny Orange Blossom Amber Fragrance

    I'm glad you're enjoying it, I recently got a decant and have been wearing it pretty often. My favorite part is the drydown, which smells like musk, honey and a touch of vanilla. The most amazing thing about APOM though, is how Francis Kurdkjian managed to keep the orange blossom note going all the way until the end! Unbelievable.
    Sales thread here

  4. #4

    Default Re: MFK APOM Pour Homme - Gorgeous Heaveny Orange Blossom Amber Fragrance

    Quote Originally Posted by L'Aventurier View Post
    I'm glad you're enjoying it, I recently got a decant and have been wearing it pretty often. My favorite part is the drydown, which smells like musk, honey and a touch of vanilla. The most amazing thing about APOM though, is how Francis Kurdkjian managed to keep the orange blossom note going all the way until the end! Unbelievable.
    I know usually the star of the show notes usually fade away into the basenotes of something else. But here it just keeps on giving while around it the amber slightly sweetens the composition. Making it like you say, musky honey with a touch of vanille. Gorgeous scent.

  5. #5

    Default Re: MFK APOM Pour Homme - Gorgeous Heaveny Orange Blossom Amber Fragrance

    Great description and nice to hear that you like APOM Pour Homme too. It really projects on beautifully way and keep the same sunny feeling all the time, just like you said. Sillage and longevity is really good at least on my skin. Luckily, I do still have some left of my APOM sample.

    Have you tried Cologne Pour Le Soir? It also have very nice and seductive drydown with honey, benzoin and incense, but it is much dryer than APOM PH, though. Still very enjoyable IMO.
    Please check out my selling list:

    YSL Opium homme EDP, Rive Gauche pour homme, Villoresi Uomo, Dior Homme vintage, Body Kouros, Guerlain homme intense etc.

    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/376...-etc-Worldwide!

  6. #6

    Default Re: MFK APOM Pour Homme - Gorgeous Heaveny Orange Blossom Amber Fragrance

    Quote Originally Posted by Tony the Tiger View Post
    Have you tried Cologne Pour Le Soir? It also have very nice and seductive drydown with honey, benzoin and incense, but it is much dryer than APOM PH, though. Still very enjoyable IMO.
    Yes I have a 2 ml sample of it and it is a lovely honeyed rose with just a hint of the animalic in the background. I have tried most of the range now except for the Aqua ones. But APOM and LNPH stand out for me, though the whole range are well crafted. Even APLS has a lovely drydown it's just to much of a bumpy ride for me getting there.lol

  7. #7
    PuddleMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    In the zoo where I belong playing with my own feces
    Posts
    2,487

    Default Re: MFK APOM Pour Homme - Gorgeous Heaveny Orange Blossom Amber Fragrance

    I wrote it off as Le Male lite, been awhile since I tried it though.

    ╔════════════╗
    Monkey's Trade List║ ◄ lck t ☼─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─♂
    ╚════════════╝

  8. #8

    Default Re: MFK APOM Pour Homme - Gorgeous Heaveny Orange Blossom Amber Fragrance

    APOM has a musk that doesn't agree with me 100%. It's my only problem with it...
    Conscience is what hurts when everything else feels so good.

  9. #9

    Default Re: MFK APOM Pour Homme - Gorgeous Heaveny Orange Blossom Amber Fragrance

    I would have acquired this if I loved orange blossom. It's an OB fantasy.

    for swap/sale:





  10. #10

    Default Re: MFK APOM Pour Homme - Gorgeous Heaveny Orange Blossom Amber Fragrance

    Quote Originally Posted by hedonist222 View Post
    I would have acquired this if I loved orange blossom. It's an OB fantasy.
    Does it have orange blossom without an orange note? Orange blossom is one of my favorite scents, but many perfumers ruin it (for me) by including orange fruit or orange peel as well. I'd be all over it if it's a pure orange blossom with amber scent.

  11. #11

    Default Re: MFK APOM Pour Homme - Gorgeous Heaveny Orange Blossom Amber Fragrance

    Quote Originally Posted by Partario View Post
    Does it have orange blossom without an orange note? Orange blossom is one of my favorite scents, but many perfumers ruin it (for me) by including orange fruit or orange peel as well. I'd be all over it if it's a pure orange blossom with amber scent.
    I prefer my orange blossom with some citrus. APOM blends it with cedar and a dirty musk.
    Conscience is what hurts when everything else feels so good.

  12. #12

    Default Re: MFK APOM Pour Homme - Gorgeous Heaveny Orange Blossom Amber Fragrance

    Quote Originally Posted by Partario View Post
    Does it have orange blossom without an orange note? Orange blossom is one of my favorite scents, but many perfumers ruin it (for me) by including orange fruit or orange peel as well. I'd be all over it if it's a pure orange blossom with amber scent.
    I understand what you mean. Yes there is no orange note. Just the soft OB note.
    If you like OB you'll love Fleur d'Oranger by Le Labo.

    for swap/sale:





  13. #13

    Default Re: MFK APOM Pour Homme - Gorgeous Heaveny Orange Blossom Amber Fragrance

    Quote Originally Posted by jathanas View Post
    I prefer my orange blossom with some citrus. APOM blends it with cedar and a dirty musk.
    So what I hope you're saying is no citrus orange note, right?

  14. #14

    Default Re: MFK APOM Pour Homme - Gorgeous Heaveny Orange Blossom Amber Fragrance

    Quote Originally Posted by hedonist222 View Post
    I understand what you mean. Yes there is no orange note. Just the soft OB note.
    If you like OB you'll love Fleur d'Oranger by Le Labo.
    Actually I got my nose on that for a second last month at the Le Labo counter in Osaka, but my nose was already completely blown from the Serge Lutens counter. From what I remember Fluer d'Oranger was very realistic and I really wanted to try it out on my skin. I'm heading back there in about two days, so maybe I'll be able to give it a shot.

  15. #15

    Default Re: MFK APOM Pour Homme - Gorgeous Heaveny Orange Blossom Amber Fragrance

    Quote Originally Posted by Partario View Post
    Actually I got my nose on that for a second last month at the Le Labo counter in Osaka, but my nose was already completely blown from the Serge Lutens counter. From what I remember Fluer d'Oranger was very realistic and I really wanted to try it out on my skin. I'm heading back there in about two days, so maybe I'll be able to give it a shot.
    It's smelling the Le Labo Fd'O that made me realize I'm not a huge fan of OB when prominent. So yes Fd'O is a very realistic OB.

    for swap/sale:





  16. #16

    Default Re: MFK APOM Pour Homme - Gorgeous Heaveny Orange Blossom Amber Fragrance

    Quote Originally Posted by hedonist222 View Post
    It's smelling the Le Labo Fd'O that made me realize I'm not a huge fan of OB when prominent. So yes Fd'O is a very realistic OB.
    That's good to hear. The city I'm from in California has was full of orange orchards, and a friend of mine has been asking if there's a scent that captures the orange blossom well. He said a pure-ish orange blossom scent is the only fragrance he'd ever consider buying. Hopefully this one might give me something to report back to him.

  17. #17

    Default

    I found the citrus/cedar/musk reminiscent of Lalique White, but not as dry.

  18. #18

    Default Re: MFK APOM Pour Homme - Gorgeous Heaveny Orange Blossom Amber Fragrance

    The only other fragrance I have like this is Penhaligons Castile and APOM blows that one out of the water. This is though a orange blossom fantasy (lol) where the amber,musk and woods deepens the OB and makes it more masculine. Thats what I like about it and this lasts and projects really well.

  19. #19

    Default Re: MFK APOM Pour Homme - Gorgeous Heaveny Orange Blossom Amber Fragrance

    I just received my samples of the most of this line, and my impressions are the same This one and LN are the stand outs. I have yet to make my first MFK purchase but LN will be it. I really enjoyed APOMM today as it was my SOTD, However, the entire time i was sniffing it i knew it reminded me of something and i could not pinpoint exactly what it was and then it hit me...Amouage Reflection man. I know they are not identical, but there is a very similiar vibe, which will probably make it difficult to justify a bottle of this stuff, but i will continue testing it out. Amazing house and can't beleive it took me this long to discover them

  20. #20

    Default Re: MFK APOM Pour Homme - Gorgeous Heaveny Orange Blossom Amber Fragrance

    Quote Originally Posted by persianprince View Post
    I just received my samples of the most of this line, and my impressions are the same This one and LN are the stand outs. I have yet to make my first MFK purchase but LN will be it. I really enjoyed APOMM today as it was my SOTD, However, the entire time i was sniffing it i knew it reminded me of something and i could not pinpoint exactly what it was and then it hit me...Amouage Reflection man. I know they are not identical, but there is a very similiar vibe, which will probably make it difficult to justify a bottle of this stuff, but i will continue testing it out. Amazing house and can't beleive it took me this long to discover them
    I do not get the Reflection Man comparison as that one is a powdery jasmine scent and I think of Joop and original Santal as scents that smell like it.

    APOM is all about orange blossom and amber, maybe you are picking up a neroli note within Reflection Man as they cannot be more different.lol

    What did you think of Absolue Pour le Matin? It was the only one I did not gel with, the opening fizzy lemon accord that stayed around for ages was off putting for me. Agree though MFK is a fantastic house and all his scents are quality.

  21. #21

    Default Re: MFK APOM Pour Homme - Gorgeous Heaveny Orange Blossom Amber Fragrance

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hunter View Post
    I do not get the Reflection Man comparison as that one is a powdery jasmine scent and I think of Joop and original Santal as scents that smell like it.

    APOM is all about orange blossom and amber, maybe you are picking up a neroli note within Reflection Man as they cannot be more different.lol

    What did you think of Absolue Pour le Matin? It was the only one I did not gel with, the opening fizzy lemon accord that stayed around for ages was off putting for me. Agree though MFK is a fantastic house and all his scents are quality.
    You are correct, i did a side by side comparison and yes they are different with Reflection being much sweeter and overall more heavy/complex of a scent imo. APOM is very smooth, notes blended so nicely together that it really separates it from RM. RM is one of my top frags, but i can see APOM being used for perfect summer/spring days as well.

    As far as APLM, I am right there with you, that fizzy lemon accord was not my cup of tea and boy did that note stick around for hours! lol APLS was another that is a intersteing scent but just not for me, especailly in the climate i lieve in i don't see myself waering it at all...i rarely wear MR, so i don't see this one getting much play either. Dry down is nice though.

    Any other houses or scents that you have grabbed you're attention recently, i'd like to try another house that is of this type of quality.

  22. #22

    Default Re: MFK APOM Pour Homme - Gorgeous Heaveny Orange Blossom Amber Fragrance

    Quote Originally Posted by persianprince View Post
    You are correct, i did a side by side comparison and yes they are different with Reflection being much sweeter and overall more heavy/complex of a scent imo. APOM is very smooth, notes blended so nicely together that it really separates it from RM. RM is one of my top frags, but i can see APOM being used for perfect summer/spring days as well.

    As far as APLM, I am right there with you, that fizzy lemon accord was not my cup of tea and boy did that note stick around for hours! lol APLS was another that is a intersteing scent but just not for me, especailly in the climate i lieve in i don't see myself waering it at all...i rarely wear MR, so i don't see this one getting much play either. Dry down is nice though.

    Any other houses or scents that you have grabbed you're attention recently, i'd like to try another house that is of this type of quality.
    Looks like we are both on the same page and like and dislike the same fragrances. I agree with your Assessment of APLS it is just to honey sweet for my taste as well.

    I am glad I discovered the small house of Maison Francis Kurkdjian as well and I cannot remember when I have purchased two scents from one house in quick succession. I do not know of any small diamond in the rough fragrance houses like MFK but I will be on the lookout.

    Good luck with your future purchase of Lumire Noire Ph it wows me every time I wear it.

    The only fragrance now from MFK after having tried most of them is Acqua Universalis Forte though I read it was a bit feminine, will have to get a sample and try it.

  23. #23

    Default Re: MFK APOM Pour Homme - Gorgeous Heaveny Orange Blossom Amber Fragrance

    I don't really agree with the 'dirty musk' comment. I've been wearing APOM since the end of February each and every day in cold freeze and in hot summer, sweating like dog while running: never dirty for a second.

    Some weeks ago I already commented the Reflection comparison. The woman version might be similiar to an extent, probably because of the ylang-ylang, but APOM Homme is by no way similar to Reflection.

  24. #24

    Default Re: MFK APOM Pour Homme - Gorgeous Heaveny Orange Blossom Amber Fragrance

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hunter View Post
    Looks like we are both on the same page and like and dislike the same fragrances. I agree with your Assessment of APLS it is just to honey sweet for my taste as well.

    I am glad I discovered the small house of Maison Francis Kurkdjian as well and I cannot remember when I have purchased two scents from one house in quick succession. I do not know of any small diamond in the rough fragrance houses like MFK but I will be on the lookout.

    Good luck with your future purchase of Lumire Noire Ph it wows me every time I wear it.

    The only fragrance now from MFK after having tried most of them is Acqua Universalis Forte though I read it was a bit feminine, will have to get a sample and try it.

    I don't know JH, APLS is really growing on me, at first i thoguht it was a bit too "dirty" but i can't stop sniffing my hand, 2nd night in a row i've tested this. I think it would take a little courage for me to wear this out, since i'm not sure how well received it may be by others, but i'm really loving how exotic and different it is compared to anything else i've sniffed or currently own. My bottle of LNPH should be in tomorrow which i cannot wait! The next MFK fragrance is still undecided at this point.

  25. #25

    Default Re: MFK APOM Pour Homme - Gorgeous Heaveny Orange Blossom Amber Fragrance

    Jack, you should try Diptyque L’eau de Neroli. Got a sample of it with my Tam Dao, has a similar vibe with the orange blossom.

  26. #26

    Default Re: MFK APOM Pour Homme - Gorgeous Heaveny Orange Blossom Amber Fragrance

    Quote Originally Posted by persianprince View Post
    I don't know JH, APLS is really growing on me, at first i thoguht it was a bit too "dirty" but i can't stop sniffing my hand, 2nd night in a row i've tested this. I think it would take a little courage for me to wear this out, since i'm not sure how well received it may be by others, but i'm really loving how exotic and different it is compared to anything else i've sniffed or currently own. My bottle of LNPH should be in tomorrow which i cannot wait! The next MFK fragrance is still undecided at this point.
    The same thing happened to me with APLS after the rough beginning it started to smell really nice on the skin. And though I like that part of it the honey rose sweetness is just to much for me. Enjoy that bottle of LNPH when it arrives, I wore it on xmas day with my girlfriend and it enhanced the overall feel of the day. Great scent.

  27. #27

    Default Re: MFK APOM Pour Homme - Gorgeous Heaveny Orange Blossom Amber Fragrance

    Quote Originally Posted by Duke Hunt View Post
    Jack, you should try Diptyque L’eau de Neroli. Got a sample of it with my Tam Dao, has a similar vibe with the orange blossom.
    I'm sure it's really nice but I have Castile and APOM for orange blossom/neroli scents in my wardrobe and any more will be just to much. lol

  28. #28

    Default Re: MFK APOM Pour Homme - Gorgeous Heaveny Orange Blossom Amber Fragrance

    I'm wearing this today and I've got to say so far its my favourite MFK by quite a large margin, Still have Absolue pour le Matin and Aqua Universalis Forte to go.

    1.APOM Pour Homme
    2.Absolue Pour Le Soir
    3.Lumiere Noire Pour Homme
    4.Aqua Universalis (concentrated headache in a bottle, not good)

  29. #29

    Default Re: MFK APOM Pour Homme - Gorgeous Heaveny Orange Blossom Amber Fragrance

    Kron I will be interested on your take of Aqua Universalis Forte when you test it as it's one I have not tried.

  30. #30

    Default Re: MFK APOM Pour Homme - Gorgeous Heaveny Orange Blossom Amber Fragrance

    APOM Pour Homme is surprisingly one of the nearest to what I would call my holy grail so far. Surprisingly because I usually like spicier, heavier scents. I don't find it dirty in the least, on the contrary, it is bright, warm and awe-inducing as the most golden dusk I have ever seen.

  31. #31

    Default Re: MFK APOM Pour Homme - Gorgeous Heaveny Orange Blossom Amber Fragrance

    Quote Originally Posted by LloydLlewellyn View Post
    APOM Pour Homme is surprisingly one of the nearest to what I would call my holy grail so far. Surprisingly because I usually like spicier, heavier scents. I don't find it dirty in the least, on the contrary, it is bright, warm and awe-inducing as the most golden dusk I have ever seen.
    It really is a deep and satisfying orange blossom scent and the amber and woods help make it warm and give you that seductive glow. Glad you are enjoying it.

    A lot of neroli/orange blossom scents tend to be restrained or have a citrus aromatic feel to them but seem to be thin on the "star of the show" notes. Not here though you get the orange blossom in all its glory.

  32. #32

    Default Re: MFK APOM Pour Homme - Gorgeous Heaveny Orange Blossom Amber Fragrance

    I really enjoy this one as well, however, owning Reflection Man makes me feel the need to not purchase this. Yes, i know they are not the same, but something similiar and i prefer Reflection. Probably main reason is i'm trying to limit my wardrobe and if anyting have been selling things off lately. Down to 20 bottles now. But APOM is great, i'm going to continue going through mys amples, i have a good 6ml of this stuff, maybe things will change after some more wearings.

  33. #33

    Default Re: MFK APOM Pour Homme - Gorgeous Heaveny Orange Blossom Amber Fragrance

    Exactly! No citric sharpness, only creamy smoothness.

  34. #34

    Default Re: MFK APOM Pour Homme - Gorgeous Heaveny Orange Blossom Amber Fragrance

    WoW! I love this fragrance......the best of LMFK for ME

  35. #35

    Default Re: MFK APOM Pour Homme - Gorgeous Heaveny Orange Blossom Amber Fragrance

    I always jus got "nothing" from APOM Pour Homme. When sampling I would just scratch my head and ask why?

    Absolue pour le soir is sole king in this line. The others are just variations of Aqua Universalis and Gendarme. Yuck!

  36. #36

    Default Re: MFK APOM Pour Homme - Gorgeous Heaveny Orange Blossom Amber Fragrance

    Just ordered a sample set from MFK yesterday. I'm really looking forwards to trying it out, along with the others from the line.

  37. #37

    Default Re: MFK APOM Pour Homme - Gorgeous Heaveny Orange Blossom Amber Fragrance

    I love it, But I love Neroli36 more.

  38. #38

    Default Re: MFK APOM Pour Homme - Gorgeous Heaveny Orange Blossom Amber Fragrance

    I plan to purchase a sample tommorow. We'll see if it's worth the hype.

  39. #39

    Default Re: MFK APOM Pour Homme - Gorgeous Heaveny Orange Blossom Amber Fragrance

    I just ordered samples of APOM and Lumiere Noir pour Homme... I ordered from the perfumed court which as we all know can be a roll of the dice. I might see these samples by Friday or by DEC 21, 2012!
    My current top ten:
    1. Spice and Wood
    2. Aplle Brandy
    3. Tonka Imperiale
    4. Pure Malt
    5. Bois d'Argent
    6. Noir de Noir
    7. 5 o'clock au Gingembre
    8. Dior Homme Intense
    9. Epic Man
    10.Tobacco Vanille

  40. #40

    Default Re: MFK APOM Pour Homme - Gorgeous Heaveny Orange Blossom Amber Fragrance

    Quote Originally Posted by MJM_77 View Post
    I just ordered samples of APOM and Lumiere Noir pour Homme... I ordered from the perfumed court which as we all know can be a roll of the dice. I might see these samples by Friday or by DEC 21, 2012!
    If you order directly from the MFK site you get your choice of four 2ml spray vials for like 12 euros (shipping included). And they arrive pretty fast. I like TPC, but I think this deal beats anything they offer hands down.

  41. #41

    Default Re: MFK APOM Pour Homme - Gorgeous Heaveny Orange Blossom Amber Fragrance

    Quote Originally Posted by Partario View Post
    If you order directly from the MFK site you get your choice of four 2ml spray vials for like 12 euros (shipping included). And they arrive pretty fast. I like TPC, but I think this deal beats anything they offer hands down.
    So true! They're sprayers and a good quantity, which is doubly awesome!
    Kurt smells like Teen Spirit

  42. #42

    Default Re: MFK APOM Pour Homme - Gorgeous Heaveny Orange Blossom Amber Fragrance

    APOM PH is a fantastic fragrance.
    Sensual like no other. Intoxicating.

    It is quite unisex though.
    Almost made me wonder if they filled my decant with the "pour femme" version...

  43. #43
    Dependent hobbes22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    San Francisco CA
    Posts
    1,411

    Default Re: MFK APOM Pour Homme - Gorgeous Heaveny Orange Blossom Amber Fragrance

    I blind bought a bottle of this. When I first sniffed it, I was pretty disappointed. There was this weird plastic note that stuck out and ruined APOM PH for me. My brother tested it and got the same thing. It reminded us of some toy from our youth.

    I gave it a few more wearings the last few weeks. I don't know if it's just because APOM is really suited for the spring, or if repeat wearings have adjusted my nose for this scent, but I've done a 180 on APOM PH - it strikes me as a perfect spring fragrance. I don't really get the plastic association anymore, I just smell this beautiful golden glow. I'm really enjoying this one now, strange how impressions can change so much.

  44. #44
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    6,675

    Default Re: MFK APOM Pour Homme - Gorgeous Heaveny Orange Blossom Amber Fragrance

    Quote Originally Posted by hobbes22 View Post
    I blind bought a bottle of this. When I first sniffed it, I was pretty disappointed. There was this weird plastic note that stuck out and ruined APOM PH for me. My brother tested it and got the same thing. It reminded us of some toy from our youth.

    I gave it a few more wearings the last few weeks. I don't know if it's just because APOM is really suited for the spring, or if repeat wearings have adjusted my nose for this scent, but I've done a 180 on APOM PH - it strikes me as a perfect spring fragrance. I don't really get the plastic association anymore, I just smell this beautiful golden glow. I'm really enjoying this one now, strange how impressions can change so much.
    @ hobbes22 - Glad APOM pour Homme finally worked for you. It's quite an exhilarating and delightful scent.

  45. #45

    Default Re: MFK APOM Pour Homme - Gorgeous Heaveny Orange Blossom Amber Fragrance

    Quote Originally Posted by hobbes22 View Post
    I blind bought a bottle of this. When I first sniffed it, I was pretty disappointed. There was this weird plastic note that stuck out and ruined APOM PH for me. My brother tested it and got the same thing. It reminded us of some toy from our youth.

    I gave it a few more wearings the last few weeks. I don't know if it's just because APOM is really suited for the spring, or if repeat wearings have adjusted my nose for this scent, but I've done a 180 on APOM PH - it strikes me as a perfect spring fragrance. I don't really get the plastic association anymore, I just smell this beautiful golden glow. I'm really enjoying this one now, strange how impressions can change so much.
    Yeah, I agree, it definitely works better in warm weather, I've noticed that too.
    Kurt smells like Teen Spirit

  46. #46

    Default Re: MFK APOM Pour Homme - Gorgeous Heaveny Orange Blossom Amber Fragrance

    Like this one too.
    Wear a white buttoned down shirt after a shower. Very clean feeling to it.
    The amber embraces you like a hug.

    I'm battling if this is better or my Carnal Flower.

  47. #47
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Weimar
    Posts
    830

    Default Re: MFK APOM Pour Homme - Gorgeous Heaveny Orange Blossom Amber Fragrance

    Almost nothing to add to Jack Hunter's initial description. :-) I like it very much, too.

  48. #48

    Default Re: MFK APOM Pour Homme - Gorgeous Heaveny Orange Blossom Amber Fragrance

    I have not been able to make my mind up on this one yet. I'm going to wait until the weather is a bit warmer here and will try then.
    La vita breve, la morte vien.


    Wanted!!! Rectoverso Tea Tobacco by Ulric de Varens. PM Me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  49. #49

    Default Re: MFK APOM Pour Homme - Gorgeous Heaveny Orange Blossom Amber Fragrance

    Do love this gem. I got the trio of LNPH, APOM and AplS and this get's by far the most wearings.
    Smellin good

  50. #50

    Default Re: MFK APOM Pour Homme - Gorgeous Heaveny Orange Blossom Amber Fragrance

    Quote Originally Posted by timaru View Post
    Do love this gem. I got the trio of LNPH, APOM and AplS and this get's by far the most wearings.
    I have these three plus 'Oud'. All are of supreme quality.

  51. #51

    Default Re: MFK APOM Pour Homme - Gorgeous Heaveny Orange Blossom Amber Fragrance

    Is anyone having quality issues over time with this fragrance?

    I just retested my official sample (I keep all my stuff cool and in the dark) and it's dull and a bit rancid, very far from what I remember. I should add that Absolue pour le Matin and Lumiere Noire smell as always...

    Silly update: No idea what happened back in January, but the other day I tested it again and it smelled fine and better than APLM
    Last edited by Brian_Towers; 7th November 2013 at 12:34 PM.
    We want a 'Niche' forum.

  52. #52

    Default Re: MFK APOM Pour Homme - Gorgeous Heaveny Orange Blossom Amber Fragrance

    Quote Originally Posted by Brian_Towers View Post
    Is anyone having quality issues over time with this fragrance?
    Yes: the issue being that it gets even better by time I bought it 2 years ago, used the 70 mls bottle very sparingly, so there's still about 4-5 mls in the bottle. I keep it in its original box. It's the same gorgeous, or even better scent which I bought in Paris, in Kurkdjian's Maison. Maybe samples are more prone to getting worse by time...

  53. #53

    Default Re: MFK APOM Pour Homme - Gorgeous Heaveny Orange Blossom Amber Fragrance

    APOM PH is fantastic. Sometimes I just do one spray to the upper chest, and get wafts of that beautiful scent throughout the day. Has good sillage that I've found 2 sprays to be too much on some days.

  54. #54

    Default Re: MFK APOM Pour Homme - Gorgeous Heaveny Orange Blossom Amber Fragrance

    OMG I just tried this at Neiman Marcus today. I am absolutely blown away! It's been a while since a fragrance has given me such a reaction. I think Jack perfectly described it. APOM gives you a beautiful glowing sensation. It just radiates warmth and a soft and sensual orange blossom. Absolutely beautiful. I wasn't very impressed with his other lines at first sniff but this one definitely pulled me in. If anyone doesn't want their bottle, I'll buy it from them haha

  55. #55

    Default Re: MFK APOM Pour Homme - Gorgeous Heaveny Orange Blossom Amber Fragrance

    I'm wearing this today from a sample I've had for a bit. I agree it's well composed, but I'm not sure what I think of orange blossom as a note. It's odd, really; I understand why some folks get a laundry or dryer sheet effect (surely the fault of industrial fragrance using orange blossom), but even more so I get the "corn tortilla" effect I also get from Reflection Man. I assume it's the orange blossom in both cases. Why does orange blossom smell a bit of corn tortilla? So odd.

  56. #56

    Default Re: MFK APOM Pour Homme - Gorgeous Heaveny Orange Blossom Amber Fragrance

    It is a very nice fragrance although, there's a musk note that ruins it for me. Kobe is similar and longer lasting (and unfortunately for expensive) and I prefer it overall.
    Imagine there were no hypothetical situations.

    SALES THREAD
    Pomegranate Noir 100 ml, 95% full no box - $90


    Contact through PM

  57. #57

    Default Re: MFK APOM Pour Homme - Gorgeous Heaveny Orange Blossom Amber Fragrance

    I've done a 180 on this one. I'm so glad I was still trying to finish my decant before buying a bottle. For some reason I finally noticed that musky note in the base. Now I can't unsmell it. Damn shame, I really liked this one too

  58. #58

    Default Re: MFK APOM Pour Homme - Gorgeous Heaveny Orange Blossom Amber Fragrance

    APOM is pretty good....I too sometimes get that one note that I kinda have a problem with. It almost has a "spit" smell to it, if you know what I mean....But as with most fragrances, you try them on and at that time and moment you don't particularly care for it, but after a few other wearings, I've actually grown quite fond of it...

    My faves though are Still Oud, Amyris, and Pluriel at the moment...
    CURRENT TOP TEN FOR FALL/WINTER:
    1.) Helmut Lang Cuiron (Vintage)
    2.) Tiffany for men (Vintage)
    3.) Bel Ami Vetiver
    4.) New York Intense
    5.) Nicolai Carre d'as
    6.) Cartier Declaration Essence
    7.) Frederick Malle's VE/Sycomore
    8.) Houbigant Fougere Royale
    9.) L'Homme Sage
    10.) Bond no. 9 Scent of Peace

  59. #59

    Default Re: MFK APOM Pour Homme - Gorgeous Heaveny Orange Blossom Amber Fragrance

    I'm not a huge fan of orange blossom, tried and didn't like kobe, sweet redemption etc..but mfk apom is extremely pleasant and on my to buy list

  60. #60

    Default Re: MFK APOM Pour Homme - Gorgeous Heaveny Orange Blossom Amber Fragrance

    I get a lot of positive feedback on my sample of this one, but to my nose, Lumiere Noire Pour Homme is a much more elegant fragrance (and happens to be my favorite from the house, along with Aqua Universalis Forte).

Similar Threads

  1. APOM pour homme or Neroli Portifino?
    By chipper in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 15th July 2014, 08:16 PM
  2. Replies: 19
    Last Post: 27th March 2013, 11:53 AM
  3. New Fragrance: Prada Amber Pour Homme Intense
    By Desmond Hume in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 20th March 2012, 07:03 PM
  4. MFK APOM Pour Homme versus Fleur du Male
    By grm215 in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 7th April 2010, 07:37 AM
  5. Orange/orange blossom fragrance
    By Grommit53 in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 29th March 2008, 12:28 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000