Code of Conduct

Default Paul Sebastian Fake or Reformulated? FED UP

I bought a bottle of PS by Paul Sebastian at Marshalls and praised it a lot in a review. Last week I found a tester bottle for cheap on ebay and figured, what the heck, I'll grab it. I noticed that the bottle I got from Marshalls has nothing written on it, while the bottle I received from Ebay (reputable seller too) has "fine cologne" in black letters on the bottle.

Anyway, the bottle from Ebay is horrible! Like it was watered down to 1/10th the strength and all of the quality notes are gone. It doesn't last and smells cheap. Anyone know if the Paul Sebastian has been reformulated by Elizabeth Arden (I wouldn't be surprised)?

I've checked amazon reviews and some people obviously have received the good stuff while others complain of receiving a watered down ghost of the original.

Judging by what EA fragrances did to Z-14 recently (it's ruined completely beyond recognition), I'm going to guess that PS has just been reformulated. I understand cost cutting, but what the F*CK, don't destroy the product! This must be the case as I find it really hard to believe there are people out there opening bottles of PS and diluting them, then refilling the bottles and repackaging them.

Will it ever stop? These companies trying to pull a fast one on the consumer. It's literally out of control. I can imagine people getting PS or Z-14 for Christmas and spraying it on themselves and thinking "what the hell happened? This isn't the same as I remembered it at all".
    Last edited by jclaxton78; 16th December 2011 at 10:58 PM.
    "You do not merely want to be considered just the best of the best. You want to be considered the only ones who do what you do." J.G.

Default Re: Paul Sebastian Fake or Reformulated? FED UP

The good thing is at least you didn't pay a lot of money for something you are not happy with.

Well, I found out that the seller on Ebay got it directly from Elizabeth Arden. And I checked on the bottom of the bottle and it is labeled EA Fragrances etc.

So, there you have it folks, another classic ruined. RIP Paul Sebastian.
    "You do not merely want to be considered just the best of the best. You want to be considered the only ones who do what you do." J.G.

Strange for EA has been making PS Fine Colonge for years and I find no diffrence it at all. It is still long lasting with great sillage.

Quote Originally Posted by scentimus View Post
    Strange for EA has been making PS Fine Colonge for years and I find no diffrence it at all. It is still long lasting with great sillage.

Yes, I have a bottle that I just bought at Marshalls a couple weeks ago, also from EA. It is long lasting with great sillage. But there is also a watered down and destroyed version out there, you're lucky you don't have that one. That's the only one that will be sold once the good stock runs out. They recently reformulated it, and it's garbage now. Same fate for Z-14.