Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Banned

Default Re: Trying KINSKI tonight....

Looking for a bottle or a sample.

Quote Originally Posted by Nazz View Post
    Looking for a bottle or a sample.
    i have a small sample left over from luckyscent...you're welcome to it if you'd like.

A clever marketing campaign anyway. Much more accomplished than the fragrance itself.
    Currently wearing: Habit Rouge by Guerlain

Barneys, Y U No have Kinski?!

- - - Updated - - -

Just got a sample of it. What would y'all say is the major player in this composition? It's certainly interesting. I'm getting some sharp (perhaps citrusy) vetiver, and maybe white musk. Definitely picked out the marijuana note on top but that seems to have come and gone. To y'all that have Kinski, does it see a lot of action? Also what kind of projection and longevity do you get? I'm sampling it from a Luckyscent tester vial so I don't think I'll be able to accurately gauge that sort of thang.

Shiny Beast, it's lovely. I particularly enjoy the gunpowder opening. I you're curious, smell it smells similar to Vetiver 46 by Le Labo.

Longevity and projection are excellent.

It does not overlap with V46. It compliments it. If you enjoy v46, you should add kinski to your wardrobe too.
    for swap/sale:

Dependent

Just got a sample of it. What would y'all say is the major player in this composition?
    More of a dense ensemble piece than star player juice. To me it's dominated by the patchouli, castoreum, green florals, vetiver and cedar. I would also hazard that it's a descendent of Salvador Dali pH, minus the leather and greener.

Power Where You Need It

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyBars View Post
    castoreum, vetiver and cedar.
    These three elements to me but I also suspect the presence of costus.

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

What's the story behind this brand/project? Who came up with the idea?

Kinski is one of my favourite actors of all time

Still trying to decide if I need to have it or just like it 'cause it's different than the usual suspects. I've smelled Vetiver 46 but I'll need to revisit it to make a comparison. I do notice some resemblance to CdG 2man, but I'm going from memory on it. Thanks for the feedback on this one, trying to wrap my head around it. I wish these absurd Luckyscent samples had an atomizer and were double the size.

Kinski is a unique experimental combination of ozonic and animalic notes (plus oakmoss, cannabis, woods, vetiver, undistinguished floral patterns and furthermore) producing a bold, weirdly gloomy and spicy sort of almost potpourry/hippie aroma (probably conjured in its almost vintage musicality by an association of weed, mouldy floral notes, orange blossoms and saltiness) which anyway finally develops in to a velvety, gassy/spicy and surprisingly glamour hyper modern and somewhat leathery trail. This wave is finally a fantastic hurban modern/dark experiment with a somewhat new age and existentialist background. Daring and avant-garde is the kinski's ability to bind past and modernity and on this sphere it shares similarities with some Histoires de Parfums concontions (for instance Petroleum- a totally different beast anyway- and further). At the beginning I detect by soon pink pepper for sure (a note performing its ostensibly leathery effect throughout) than a following inebriating blast of bergamot, vetiver, floral notes, ozonic notes, mild spices and synthetic weed. The latter exudes that sort of cozy "ambiental" feel turned out in a more modern and "orgiastic" key by the experimental implementation of spices and ozonic patterns. Anyway there is an old school basic foundation (provided by a bergamot/patchouli pair, a stuffy floral accord a la Sballo Acampora or Magot Etro linked with animalic notes as castoreum, may be cypriol and cistus plus deep dark oakmoss). The neo-classic chypre soul is anyway overturned in a modern key by a weird implementation of ozonic, spicy and animalic patterns. The contrast of somewhat opposite elements as mouldy resinous weed and spicy ozonic notes elicits that futuristic (leathery and organic in effect) weirdness representing the innovative vibe of this excentric fragrance. The weed keeps to join castoreum and woods in the central denser stage (still peppery, cannabis dominated, vaguely boots polish type and with a lemony influence from bergamot). The final phase appears to me smoother and mossy with hints of vetiver and may be ambergris. The vetiver in particular, linked with bergamot and synthetic suede (aroused in effect by the combination of diverse notes) exudes that typical dark tea type of woody fluidity we are able to spot for sure. I agree with Drseid, Kinski performs the almost stuffy/vintage and esoteric allure of the "dope", but it is a main accord of bergamot, vetiver, pink pepper and castoreum that makes the scent itself with its ostensibly leathery final synthetic spark. I appreciate kinski because of its courage and the innovative message (an hippie/glamour olfactory "oxymoron"), I accept its synthetic soul because it is trendy and pop, agree who with takes it not for groundbreaking but for a slightly "kinky" casual sin to be experienced when the occasion is as weird, unmentionable and unconventional to demand it. Kinski is a little freak and sexy secret to pull out of the hat occasionally as for a sleight of hand.
    Last edited by Darvant; 20th April 2014 at 09:27 AM.
    Currently wearing: Eight & Bob by Eight & Bob

Basenotes Institution

I must be hyperosmic to the iso-E-super in this or I cannot smell the other notes because all I smell is the woody iES note loud & clear with a faint cannabis note in the background. I am straining and struggling to like this but I can't seem to warm to it.
    "Realize deeply that the present moment is all you will ever have."

-- Eckhart Tolle
    Currently wearing: Shalimar by Guerlain