Code of Conduct

Thread: Weak Gucci Envy

Default Weak Gucci Envy

New here, but been lurking for a while...I just received Gucci Envy in the mail, and was excited because I found it relatively cheap. Now the box was sealed. I'm trying it on right now and it just seems very weak, and not at all what I really expected. I sprayed 2 sprays (also the atomizer seems to spray very short small bursts) on my wrist and it's just not a strong smell. I'm kind of new, so I was wondering if that's how it is? Or if it turned? I doubt it was a fake..this doesn't seem like a faked fragrance. Thanks!

Default Re: Weak Gucci Envy

Its not fake, I have terrible longevity with this fragrance as well.

It doesn't have monster longevity, but on me it lasts pretty long. I have no complaints as far as longevity.

Banned

Envy for Men by Gucci - A citrus opening unfolds from the mandarin orange, mixing with heaps of spicy ginger, a dash of pepper, globs of sweetness from fruity coriander and the licorise of anise. This delectable concoction stews on a backdrop of fruity rosewood. The savory opening meanders and collides with the middle. This heart is a mishmash of floral with its rose and jasmine, tempered by the zingy carnation, dry woods from its cedar and sandalwood, as well as the soft sweetness of nutmeg, and meshes with the spicy ginger. The melange flows to the comforting base and is usurped by it. This refreshing base with its minty patchouli, smoky incense, hints of tobacco and leather, earthy vetiver, sweet vanilla and amber carries the composition to its drydown. This rich and luxurious fragrance has good longevity and projection.

I have also noticed a slight decrease in longevity of this scent, its lasting power and projection seem to lead to an olfactory fatigue kicking in too soon (even 2-3 hours after application)

It's not even the longevity, it's the initial smell. It just doesn't seem all there, when I sprayed it twice it was hard to even get a feel for what I was smelling.

All i can say is that I have a little (about 5 ml) of the aftershave and I did find it hard to detect after the initial application on the couple of times i used it. maybe I should just plaster it on and use it up. (I did like what i could detect very much I should add)

Maybe the decreased longevity has something to do with the age of the bottle. It has been discontinued for some time now I believe?

i had no longevity issues while i owned it. in fact, it was probably too pungent for my taste... 3 sprays max and lasted all day

I have had issues receiving grey market or factory second frags online, especially from amazon. They are not fake, just old, stale and weak. Do you still have the box? Inspect it well. See if anything has been cut from the box, and possibly recovered. Look for hot glue gun residue. Check the serial code on the bottle and box. When I get one online, I always take it to a store to test it.

I'm going to guess it's just old or wasn't stored properly. I sprayed it on a tester strip and it was just weak compared to anything else I own. I guess lesson learned.

could you inform of the source you've received it from?
    just looking for Envy on-line and found some cheap proposals too...
    thanks

In the zoo where I belong playing with my own feces

my bottle is a couple years old and has no longevity issues, quite strong.

╔════════════╗
    Monkey's Trade List║ ◄ lck t ☼─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─♂
    ╚════════════╝

Quote Originally Posted by aquariuz View Post
    could you inform of the source you've received it from?
    just looking for Envy on-line and found some cheap proposals too...
    thanks
    I got it from bonanza.com. Which I think just has different sellers like eBay, or amazon marketplace.

Quote Originally Posted by starshipvelcro View Post
    I got it from bonanza.com. Which I think just has different sellers like eBay, or amazon marketplace.
    i c, thank you
    if someone bought proper Envy on-line recently , please share the source (or send me PM)

thanks

Return Policy ????? Hopefully you can return it.

In the zoo where I belong playing with my own feces

I got it from bonanza.com.
    found the problem

╔════════════╗
    Monkey's Trade List║ ◄ lck t ☼─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─♂
    ╚════════════╝

Gucci Envy for men is my favourite scent, my no1. It has great longevity and projection on me.

It's not even the longevity, it's the initial smell. It just doesn't seem all there, when I sprayed it twice it was hard to even get a feel for what I was smelling.
    you got boned...it's a strong scent and in initial application it just scents up the whole room.

Quote Originally Posted by neurod View Post
    I have had issues receiving grey market or factory second frags online, especially from amazon. They are not fake, just old, stale and weak. Do you still have the box? Inspect it well. See if anything has been cut from the box, and possibly recovered. Look for hot glue gun residue. Check the serial code on the bottle and box. When I get one online, I always take it to a store to test it.
    When you say take it to a store to test it you mean you spray some from the store and then spray some of your own side by side?

Quote Originally Posted by martinijo View Post
    When you say take it to a store to test it you mean you spray some from the store and then spray some of your own side by side?

Yes I mean take the bottle you have to a store. I have had many pleasant experiences with the ladies when comparing my online bought frags with the testers they have on hand. Try to wear a spray on each arm. I also spray them on separate cards and take them home. Give them a sniff after a couple of hours. Be well groomed and friendly, especially if you are not a regular or do not plan on purchasing anything on that visit.
    YMMV depending on how friendly the workers are. I went to a Macy's once to test a frag and to try another out to purchase. I take my time when shopping around, so after about 30 minutes a gentleman approached me, flashed a badge and started accusing me of "corporate espionage" I asked him if he knew how to spell that. He didn't, I left and would never buy there again.

Quote Originally Posted by neurod View Post
    Yes I mean take the bottle you have to a store. I have had many pleasant experiences with the ladies when comparing my online bought frags with the testers they have on hand. Try to wear a spray on each arm. I also spray them on separate cards and take them home. Give them a sniff after a couple of hours. Be well groomed and friendly, especially if you are not a regular or do not plan on purchasing anything on that visit.
    YMMV depending on how friendly the workers are. I went to a Macy's once to test a frag and to try another out to purchase. I take my time when shopping around, so after about 30 minutes a gentleman approached me, flashed a badge and started accusing me of "corporate espionage" I asked him if he knew how to spell that. He didn't, I left and would never buy there again.
    Thanks . I have done kind of the same thing myself, but I would feel a bit funny producing my own bottle from my pocket. (Not if I was going to buy something but I usually get things part used and cheap on ebay) I like the idea of breaking the ice with a sales girl in this way though most of the ones I come across know very little about fragrance. As far as cards go I can never tell much from the scent on paper.

Quote Originally Posted by PuddleMonkey View Post
    found the problem
    yea...I was iffy in the first place...live and learn.

Quote Originally Posted by martinijo View Post
    Thanks . I have done kind of the same thing myself, but I would feel a bit funny producing my own bottle from my pocket. (Not if I was going to buy something but I usually get things part used and cheap on ebay) I like the idea of breaking the ice with a sales girl in this way though most of the ones I come across know very little about fragrance. As far as cards go I can never tell much from the scent on paper.
    When I go into a store with the intentions to test, I always have my product in a bag. I do not test on my own unless they know me. I approach the lady, bs a little, show her my bottle and ask for her expert opinion. I only do it when they are slow, they seem not to mind.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Gucci Envy was my first purchase, after joining Basenotes back in 2006, and I always found it weak and unfinished. It didn't last very long in my wardrobe...

smeller

I'm going to guess it's just old or wasn't stored properly. I sprayed it on a tester strip and it was just weak compared to anything else I own. I guess lesson learned.
    I would rather trust the strength of a badly stored old Envy than the aqueous new formulation.

New here, but been lurking for a while...I just received Gucci Envy in the mail, and was excited because I found it relatively cheap. Now the box was sealed. I'm trying it on right now and it just seems very weak, and not at all what I really expected. I sprayed 2 sprays (also the atomizer seems to spray very short small bursts) on my wrist and it's just not a strong smell. I'm kind of new, so I was wondering if that's how it is? Or if it turned? I doubt it was a fake..this doesn't seem like a faked fragrance. Thanks!
    Envy is not a very strong scent. Especially the newer formulation that's in the silver colour box, and the color of the juice is more green (darker green) than of the original formulation, i can confirm that it's clearly weaker than the original formulation.
    You can recognize the original, stronger formulation of the yellowish-green color of the juice, and of the dark grey, "charcoal" box.

Envy was never a powerhouse. You're smelling what we all smell. Gotta love those minimalist '90s scents, eh fellas?

Quote Originally Posted by PuddleMonkey View Post
    my bottle is a couple years old and has no longevity issues, quite strong.
    Same here - I always found it a bit of a projection monster (in a good way).

Do you guys know if my "Envy" edt for men is vintage or "new" ? It's a 50ml bottle. Batch: 301D9
    Here are 2 pics i just took:

Quote Originally Posted by MissMagic View Post
    Do you guys know if my "Envy" edt for men is vintage or "new" ? It's a 50ml bottle. Batch: 301D9
    Here are 2 pics i just took:

Looks vintage to me. My bottle from 2006 had the same colour juice. The colour of the juice looked darker and luminescent in later batches.

I have the newer, darker stuff and longevity on me is good. 8-ish hours.
    Check out my Fragrance Review Blog

Wishlist: Byredo Pulp, Creed Aventus, Montale Black Aoud, Original Santal, Dior Jules, Invasion Barbare, Pure Distance M

Trebor: thanks for your reply. Thought so too. Good to know.

Quote Originally Posted by Critic View Post
    I have the newer, darker stuff and longevity on me is good. 8-ish hours.
    Same here. No longevity or projection issues. It seems quite strong to me

I also have "the new" stuff and it lasts 12+ hours on me with very good projection for 6 hours

I have 2 bottles of the older stuff, purchased from a mall discounter. Longevity and projection is actually quite excellent.