Code of Conduct

Default What would you consider the best celebrity fragrance out there? Tim Mcgraw? Usher? Beyonce? Halle ?

If you had to choose a celebrity fragrance to wear... which one would you choose? My brother got a bottle of Tim Mcgraw today and was wearing it, and it radiates like crazy... smells kind of like cool water mixed with some whiskey....
    My Top 10

1. Amouage Homage Attar
    2. Serge Lutens - Muscs Koublai Khan
    3. YSL M7
    4. Serge Lutens - Ambre Sultan
    5. Chanel Egoiste
    6. 24 Gold by Scentstory
    7. Amouage Epic Man
    8. Amouage Jubilation XXV
    9. Bond No. 9 New York Oud
    10. Serge Lutens - Chergui

"A beautiful fragrance to the nose is like good jazz music to the ears, great food to the mouth, and Megan Fox and Jessica Alba to the eyes..."

Default Re: What would you consider the best celebrity fragrance out there? Tim Mcgraw? Usher? Beyonce? Hal

I've never tried it myself but I know Cumming gets a lot of buzz on here from time to time.

Default Re: What would you consider the best celebrity fragrance out there? Tim Mcgraw? Usher? Beyonce? Hal

The only one I've smelled is Beyonce's Heat Rush which I bought for my 13 year old daughter. She loves it; fruity and simple. It's quite well made.

It's a toss-up between Comme des Garcons Daphne, for Daphne Guinness, and Etat Libre D'Orange's Like This, for Tilda Swinton. I'd happily own either, Daphne being edgier and more interesting, Like This being the most sauve and well-balanced rendition of foody immortelle going.

I like Tim McGraw's fragrance.

My favorite celebrity fragrance is UR from Usher. It's a nice smooth green and sweet fragrance that rests on a really nice velvety Cashmere wood base. It gets no love here, but I really enjoy it.

Also, as far as female fragrances, the new Beyonce Pulse is really different and excellent with a blue Caracou note on top of vanilla & musk.

Sur la Plage

Cumming
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Ignis by Omar Sharif

I like McGraw, and McGraw Southern Blend.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dwrestle View Post
    I like McGraw, and McGraw Southern Blend.
    Me too - my definite favorites. Don't like McGraw Silver AT ALL. Beyoncé Heat was nice; still not sure what to think about Pulse. Need to sniff it some more. I like the oomph of Latifah's Queen - so did my wife. Some of the Harajuku Lover scents are quite nice, but at this point I think Ms. G. is less a celebrity than a legit designer. The Usher scents aren't bad. I waffled hard on getting the first one. And I do like the Jay-Z scents, but I'm not sure I can get away with calling them best. And Keith Urban Phoenix. That's on my buy list.

And Kate Walsh Boyfriend - awesome scent. But is it really a celeb scent? She had a bright idea and pulled it off - or at least that's the story (good grief - if the entire concept on that one is a fib, it rivals Montale! ) And - let's be honest - it's not like that idea (woman's scent that smells like her boyfriend's residual odeur) probably didn't come up 80 times since the dawn of perfume. Quarry's "His Shirt" brief was curiously close. But no matter what - GOOD SCENT.

Conscience is what hurts when everything else feels so good.

Blog Entries

LOTE

carlos santana is nice

edit:

Has anyone tried Sean John I am King? Some of those notes look very interesting (Key lime pie, Lemon crème, etc.)
    Last edited by wampa; 20th December 2011 at 04:50 AM.

Oh man How could I forget Rocawear X. It is the best celebrity fragrance. I guess because it says Rocawear instead of Jay-Z. Anyway it's not listed here in the directory, but it is an amazing scent for $15 at Marshalls, and really it was amazing for $30 too. It is basically a ripoff of Creed's Silver Mountain Water, but I find it to be more interesting than the Creed(not better). It is certainly more synthetic smelling than SMW, but at the same time it seems more complex, and the tea note is more pronounced. I actually would pick it over Creed SMW, but that is just my personal preference.

I got Rocawear X as a gift from my sister last Christmas, and I was worried it would suck, because I heard such bad things about IX. She told me that she sampled it first so I had to try it because I didn't want to hurt her feelings, but I was totaly blown away by it.

Oh man How could I forget Rocawear X. It is the best celebrity fragrance. I guess because it says Rocawear instead of Jay-Z. Anyway it's not listed here in the directory, but it is an amazing scent for $15 at Marshalls, and really it was amazing for $30 too. It is basically a ripoff of Creed's Silver Mountain Water, but I find it to be more interesting than the Creed(not better). It is certainly more synthetic smelling than SMW, but at the same time it seems more complex, and the tea note is more pronounced. I actually would pick it over Creed SMW, but that is just my personal preference.

I got Rocawear X as a gift from my sister last Christmas, and I was worried it would suck, because I heard such bad things about IX. She told me that she sampled it first so I had to try it because I didn't want to hurt her feelings, but I was totaly blown away by it.
    Does it have that ink note? I sampled SMW the other day, and the opening reminded of ball point pens. . Also hows the longevity/projection?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wampa View Post
    Has anyone tried Sean John I am King? Some of those notes look very interesting (Key lime pie, Lemon crème, etc.)
    I thought the topnotes were interesting, but the heart has a very smooth, blended, unified feel that I just didn't like all that much, and it only became more pronounced. Chandler Burr thought it was pretty good, and that's a strong recommendation. And I do think the fruity creme pie thing is accurate.

carlos santana is nice

edit:

I have Sean John's I Am King and it's also an excellent celebrity scent. (I actually prefer it over his MI ripoff, Unforgivable). The key lime pie isn't really noticeable, but the top notes of cranberry and tangerine are very noticeable and really unique. Also, the champagne in the middle is different as well. My only gripe with this fragrance is the longevity is absolutely horrible. Granted, most aquatic/fresh scents don't last, but this one only sticks around for 1-2 hours. But now that it's available cheaply at the discounters, if you don't mind reapplying every couple of hours, it's really a unique and extremely nice smelling aquatic.
    P. Diddy's scents are kind of dismissed here usually because of who he is, but honestly, Unforgivable, and especially I Am King are really solid efforts.
    Also, I Am King is one of the few scents that has actually generated a compliment from a complete stranger for me.
    Last edited by BrianH1016; 20th December 2011 at 05:22 AM.

Blog Entries

I thought that 9IX was good, but X was definitely better. And thanks to Marshall's, it's under the X-mas tree!

Quote Originally Posted by BrianH1016 View Post
    I have Sean John's I Am King and it's also an excellent celebrity scent. (I actually prefer it over his MI ripoff, Unforgivable). The key lime pie isn't really noticeable, but the top notes of cranberry and tangerine are very noticeable and really unique. Also, the champagne in the middle is different as well. My only gripe with this fragrance is the longevity is absolutely horrible. Granted, most aquatic/fresh scents don't last, but this one only sticks around for 1-2 hours. But now that it's available cheaply at the discounters, if you don't mind reapplying every couple of hours, it's really a unique and extremely nice smelling aquatic.
    Thanks! I saw it at TJ Maxx today for $20 for a 1.7oz. . I'll probably pick it up along with the Rocawear x.

Banned

Carlos Santana for Men

I agree, Carlos Santana is a very nice scent and a steal for the price it sells for.
    My Favorites
    1a. Slumberhouse Zahd
    1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    3. Amouage Tribute Attar
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    6. Bond No.9 New York Oud
    7. Norma Kamali Incense

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

The IFRA can bite me!

Dependent

I like the original McGraw, but the others are meh. Roca Wear by Jay-Z turns ugly on my skin, but fresh out of the bottle it is still sub-par. If there's one so far that I don't mind wearing, it's Blue Seduction by Antonio Banderas.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisbar1104 View Post
    I like the original McGraw, but the others are meh. Roca Wear by Jay-Z turns ugly on my skin, but fresh out of the bottle it is still sub-par. If there's one so far that I don't mind wearing, it's Blue Seduction by Antonio Banderas.
    Yeah, Blue Seduction is another decent one. It's somewhat unique in that it seems like a traditional fruity fresh scent at first, but then it throws a kinda weird coffee note into the mix. Also, Antonio Banderas's The Golden Secret is nice as well (it's a very good ripoff of 1 Million for 1/3 the price).

Lovely by Sarah Jessica Parker is by far one the beat celebriscents out. Its clean and musky and smells divine..I get compliment after compliment....loves it...entirely unisex

I recall liking both of Beyonce's releases. The second one is bright and kinda citrucy. Just smelled it yesterday. Latifa's isn't bad either. In fact, most of the celebrity fragrances are sweet and nice, and will be kinda generically pleasant. Nothing groundbreakingly unique.

One that, to my immense surprise, stood out to me was Rihanna's new perfume. It seems sweet and woody, and is along the gourmand lines, even reminding me of a tootsie roll initially. I like it quite a bit, and would recommend it to a woman to atleast consider...

Quote Originally Posted by forfreddie View Post
    I've never tried it myself but I know Cumming gets a lot of buzz on here from time to time.
    This. It's kind of an anti-celeb scent - very quiet on me. If it lasted longer, I'd wear it a lot.

Instinct by David Beckham

Does it have that ink note? I sampled SMW the other day, and the opening reminded of ball point pens. . Also hows the longevity/projection?
    Not sure about an ink note, but it does have the best tea note I have ever smelled. Projection and longevity are both great. It puts out these little sprays for a reason be careful with it when you get it.

So does McGraw remind anyone of anything else? I ask because it seemed really unique to me when I had it, but it has been 2 years since I had it.

Bryan Adams pour Homme

Alain Delon Iquitos is another fav. For those that do not know, Delon is a famous french actor ( I've never seen any of his films, but am interested).
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !