Code of Conduct

Default Eau de Balenciaga pour homme

Hello Gents,

I just purchased a bottle of this. It's not Eau de Balenciaga Lavande as in the directory.
    Has anyone tried this or know of it and it's notes?

I should receive it in a few weeks so will give a rundown then.

I'd like to wish you all a very Merry Christmas and I hope 2012 is a prosperous one.

Best wishes and season's greetings,

Koala.
    La vita breve, la morte vien.

Wanted!!! Rectoverso Tea Tobacco by Ulric de Varens. PM Me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thumbs up Re: Eau de Balenciaga pour homme

The bottle is this one herebelow ?

Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Default Re: Eau de Balenciaga pour homme

Yes! That's the one Roberto! Do you know it?

Wanted!!! Rectoverso Tea Tobacco by Ulric de Varens. PM Me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by koala501 View Post
    I just purchased a bottle of this. It's not Eau de Balenciaga Lavande as in the directory.
    Has anyone tried this or know of it and it's notes?
    Was it a spray or a splash?

Hi Hednic,

It says 'Vintage 30+ year old splash bottle- 50ml'.
    Last edited by koala501; 20th December 2011 at 03:14 AM.

There is very little information out there on this that I could find. Only the following-

Balenciaga perfume was first developed by Spaniard Cristobal Balenciaga in the Balenciaga fashion house. Four perfumes were developed under his supervision before the house was officially closed in 1968. The original perfumes included Balenciaga Le Dix perfume, Fuite des Heures, Quadrille and the first male fragrance, which was called Eau de Balenciaga for Men.

Anyone? Would love some information on this if you have it!

Banned

I'm interested to hear any information as well ... look forward to your review ...

Hello again!

I found the following on a French website so you can all stop your frantic searching for me

VintageEau de Balenciaga for men
    Eau deBalenciaga for men, his first men's fragrance (1973). (Not sure of this date-others have quoted 1962 & 1969)
    established in 1973, this beautiful fougere has long been abandoned and is hard to find. the top notes are bergamot oil, lavender, lemon, petitgrain and rosemary. Mid notes are carnation, cedar oil, fern, geranium and sandalwood. Finally, the footnotes, amber, moss, musk, vetiver and tonka.

My bottle arrived today and I would have to say this is one of my greatest blind buys ever.

This is a refined scent for a gentleman- nothing loud or brash but a finely tuned composition that in this day and age gives a wink to the past but also is not out of place in this era. Subtle is the key word here.

A restrained citrus with lavendar at the opening gently gives way to the cedar and sandalwood that is smooth and creamy. I get a very small fern accord. As it transitions I get little musk, a tiny bit of moss but can smell the vetiver and tonka. Once again, it's all understated and I find the tonka a lovely surprise to this mix. It's not like a tonka you'll find today that's overly sweet but it's there to add to the scent that gives it, for me, a nice twist to what could have been another gents scent of yesteryear.

A lovely refined fougere that has wonderful versatility with medium longevity and medium sillage. It is an 'eau' afterall and application on clothes would prolong this beautiful fragrance. The closest I could compare this to would be vintage Armani Eau PH with some added tonka but a fuller mix.

I'll look forward to wearing this in all seasons.

Best wishes,

K.

Yes, me again. I just had to add that I've had more comments with this fragrance from friends and strangers than with any other scent I own. The one overwhelming response has been "So sexy". I've been amazed by people's reactions to this rare classic which I thought would not get a notice and be appreciated apart from myself.

Just wanted to share.

Happy New Year to you all,

Best wishes for 2012,

K.

Thumbs up Re: Eau de Balenciaga pour homme

Quote Originally Posted by koala501 View Post
    Yes! That's the one Roberto! Do you know it?
    I just saw your question kaola i am sorry ), and i am happy you are enjoing it. Cheers
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Banned