Code of Conduct
Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Synchronized Fridays 2012

Mediterranean travel cries out for Eau D'Hadrien.
    Last edited by kumquat; 10th May 2012 at 05:31 PM.

I used to have Carthusia's Mediterraneo, which would have been perfect! A sparkly, fizzy citrus with green tea. But it is finished. I have some beautiful Italian Fragrances but you know, when I hear the word mediterranean mentioned I always think of sunny holidays in Majorca, Greece, Crete, Rhodes, Cyprus, Turkey. The smells that I associate with the mediterranean are herbs, like rosemary and oregano, and citrus; lemon and lime. Also bushes of tiny flowering stars of jasmine. Hmm, I am not sure yet.

Someone (somewhere) mentioned Eau D'Hadrien, that would be about right.

Okay, Prada(Italian) Infusion d'Iris edp.
    DONNA

Iskander!

What an excellent reason to open my EL Bronze Goddess Capri

Quote Originally Posted by Alityke View Post
    Fantastic synch!

Yes, Foustie, I think herbs and citrus also. Perhaps Lime, Basil and Mandarin cologne by Jo Malone, or Tiare by OJ, for the Sicilian lime.

Foustie, you will smell great! And so will I since I'll be your house mate in Azemour les Orangers. Inspired by the perfumer's childhood in Morocco and a citric chypre to boot, which seems perfect to me for this synch. See you all tomorrow!

Lol,just saw devilcat and I were posting at the same time- look at how similar all of our thoughts are this time! We really are in synch!
    The nose wants what it wants!

Blog Entries

La Mer Mediterranee?

I will wear either Lys Mediteranee, Le Jardin Mediteranee, or Aqua Allegoria Flora Nerolia.

One question: Has there ever been a Day of The Roses synch? I can't ever remember one?

I have found a sample of Fleurs de Citronnier yesterday and am wearing it now. I have never given it a full wearing before - stupid of me. I am really enjoying it.

Quote Originally Posted by Alityke View Post
    Hallo Alityke, could you compare Bronze Goddess Capri to the original Bronze Goddess? I have the latter and love it but haven't had the chance yet to sniff the Capri flanker.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleurine View Post
    One question: Has there ever been a Day of The Roses synch? I can't ever remember one?
    I can't remember one either. I have added it to the list of ideas for 2013 syncs. I am already looking forward to compiling the 2013 list.

Well BN is back wayhay!
    Synched in EL Bronze Goddess Capri.

Slightly bitter jasmine then turns sun lotiony. Would have enjoyed more in good weather

creed ambre canelle.

I need to go sampling at the EL counter. Have been wanting to re-visit the classics and now you gals have me curious about the Bronze Goddesses. Thanks a lot, enablers!

Did wear Parfum d'Empire Azemour les Orangers, while thinking fondly of my sync buddies. Missed you, gang!

Quote Originally Posted by bonsai View Post
    Hallo Alityke, could you compare Bronze Goddess Capri to the original Bronze Goddess? I have the latter and love it but haven't had the chance yet to sniff the Capri flanker.
    Hi Bonsai. I prefer BG Capri to BG Soliel for the stronger jasmine note. It does have that summer warm skin vibe of all the BGs

Check your PM

Well my most minimalist scent is going to be a toughie.

I don't really have many 90s clean scents as I dislike calone for the headache and nausea it induces in me. So I'm thinking soliflores or single note scents. Possibly A La Nuit which I thought was a soliflore until I put a few drops in my bath and the bathroom filled with heavy, headshop patchouli. I don't get the patch on my skin at all.

So I'll go with Paul Smith Rose I think. Clean simple sharp rose.

Oh neeeewwwww…minimalist. Not in the mood. Well, we’ll see. My mood changes with the wind.

I don't have many minimalistic scents!

Issey Miyake A Scent is probably the closest, so
    that's what I'll wear today.

It starts off rather harsh/shrill and not exactly subtle,
    but soon drops off to reveal a softer side.
    A woman without perfume is like a flower without a scent.

Sorry I hate the CK,Issey style fragrances. So a no from me today.
    DONNA

Oh! Well I seem to be the odd one out today, so far anyway. But that is OK! I shall fly my own flag then!! This synch suits me perfectly. I have lots and lots of possibilities. Not from the nineties I may add. This is probably my favourite genre. In fact I don't like complex heavy fragrances very much at all. They feel unnecessarily cluttered to me, stodgy. So I wouldn't thank you for Joy, or Fracas (well named IMO!), or original Shalimar. In fact I kind of feel quite left out when the other girls are talking about opulent classics etc. So this is my comfort zone.

I could have gone for anything from Laboratorio Olfattivo Esvedra, (from 2011 I think), right back in time to a perfect Italian Cologne from the nineteenth century.

Today I am going for Heeley Sel Marin a most beautiful example of contemporary perfumery. Clear, sheer, uncluttered. Lemon, cedar, and sea air. Projection and longevity are poor, which is not always the case with minimalist fragrances. I could have gone for CdG Kyoto, again absolutely beautiful and it last ages, but the Heeley is probably my most minimalist, so ....respect to the Heeley!

Come on guys, has no one got any Jo Malone?

JHAG Not a Perfume. Well, Romano Ricci and I are in complete agreement there - it's not a perfume, it's a smell, vaguely reminiscent of paper fresh out of the photocopier. This is allegedly a single note (ambroxan). I'm not sure trying to make it the star of the show is such a good idea. I expect I could produce more or less the same effect by cutting a fresh carrot in half and rubbing the stump on my wrist (at a fraction of the cost to boot!). Still, it is only a sample, so it's not like I've parted with hard earned cash for this inconsequential little thing. Next!

Quote Originally Posted by devilcat View Post
    JHAG Not a Perfume. Well, Romano Ricci and I are in complete agreement there - it's not a perfume, it's a smell, vaguely reminiscent of paper fresh out of the photocopier. This is allegedly a single note (ambroxan). I'm not sure trying to make it the star of the show is such a good idea. I expect I could produce more or less the same effect by cutting a fresh carrot in half and rubbing the stump on my wrist (at a fraction of the cost to boot!). Still, it is only a sample, so it's not like I've parted with hard earned cash for this inconsequential little thing. Next!
    Ha ha!! You really did have me laughing out loud! I have tried it. I mean you don't get any more minimilist than this (one material), or Escentric Molecules, who did it first. BTW I like iso e super....but the Ambroxan has an oily quality which doesn't seem to do well on it's own.

Foustie, that Esvedra is beautiful. I may join you in that. Or something cologne-y.

Gucci Rush ...patchouli & peach & vanilla
    LOVE IS BEST
    My sale thread :http://www.basenotes.net/search.php?searchid=2281122
    "There are people of spirit and there are people of passion but much less common that one might think. Rarer still are the people of passion and spirit. But rarest of all is a passionate spirit."
    -- Martin Buber

gonna use Issey Miyake

Pour Un Homme de Caron will hit the bill, right?

Turns out my most minimal scent is.... roll of drums please.....

Naked - well scent free! Forgot the Rose this morning as I overslept. I have something nasty coming on.... aching muscles, burning chest, headache and dry eyes so opted for nothing.

Perfectly synched non?

Minimalist in a 1973 patchouli oil from Houbigant. I am coasting down Carnaby Street and all I am missing is an afghan coat and a joint....... and possibly I should be missing shoes.... man!

Mumsy, that's so groovy, man! If we ever get to time travel, I'm going back to your past!

Yes, Alityke, your sync is perfect but I hope you feel better soon all the same!

Lucasai, no right or wrong here. Your Caron fits if you say it does!

I'm in Demeter Lavender Cologne. It's meant to smell like lavender and nothing else. It does. That's minimalism! Also doesn't stay on skin long- a minimal amount of time.

Quote Originally Posted by alityke View Post
    turns out my most minimal scent is.... Roll of drums please.....

Naked - well scent free! Forgot the rose this morning as i overslept. I have something nasty coming on.... Aching muscles, burning chest, headache and dry eyes so opted for nothing.

Perfectly synched non?
    LOL That is the best synch this year. Nuddy!

Quote Originally Posted by Foustie View Post
    LOL That is the best synch this year. Nuddy!
    Gawd forbid...... I'd need the time travel first so that everything wasn't pointing south!

Basenotes Plus

Yesterday I gave blood, so the minimalist sync theme worked pretty well for that. Didn't want to be overpowering in the donation area.

From Jean Claude Elena's early minimalist period: Un Jardin Sur le Nil
    A Scent Rescuer
    Every great perfume deserves a good home

Molecule 01?

Quote Originally Posted by PWJ View Post
    Molecule 01?
    Perfect!

Welcome to Friday synch.

Knit, I was hoping that JCE would make an appearance! I could have "done" him too!!

So what does worst pink juice mean????

Am I suppose to wear something awful?
    DONNA

Oh dear. I was given a sample of CK One Shock for Her in February, sprayed once, then decided to keep it simply for this synch.... Why oh why didn't BN throw one of it's moodies so I could pretend I didn't know what the synch is.

On the bright side I can then gift it on with some others to my eldest son's gf. Hopefully she'll recognize the lovely samples as such and the not so lovely ones for what they are too

Been wracking my brain over this one. May go with Chance Eau Tendre - very sweet and very pink, in spirit anyway, if not in actual colour. It's not my worst pink juice (I own plenty of pink juices, and they're all great) but I've yet to see anyone on basenotes post anything good about it, so evidently it's almost everyone else's worst pink juice - which is close enough.

Blog Entries

Chanel #31 Rue Cambon, Agent Provocateur, Narcisco Rodriguez for Her all could be considered pink, I think. All good, IMO. I don't buy bad juice, as a rule. I'll choose from those.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by donna255 View Post
    So what does worst pink juice mean????

Am I suppose to wear something awful?
    IMO- This theme doesn't rise up our usual standards- no offense to bonsai, as she just catalogued the suggestions.
    It's just not really clear in its meaning? No one is intentionally going to buy or wear bad smelling juice, to their nose.
    Is it simply about the color pink? A "Pink Juice Sync"? well OK-most of us can do that since just about every house makes something with pink juice. That's what I'm going for, then.
    A Scent Rescuer

Quote Originally Posted by knit at nite View Post
    IMO- This theme doesn't rise up our usual standards- no offense to bonsai, as she just catalogued the suggestions.
    It's just not really clear in its meaning? No one is intentionally going to buy or wear bad smelling juice, to their nose.
    Is it simply about the color pink? A "Pink Juice Sync"? well OK-most of us can do that since just about every house makes something with pink juice. That's what I'm going for, then.
    I can only agree with you knit at nite! I also find that this is an odd one in our list. I'm not adventurous enough to wear something I consider bad (why would I waste a day on it?).

I suggest we strech it and just wear something we associate the colour pink with, e.g., colour of the juice, mood, girly style, stupid ("pink") advertising, etc. I am changing the description in the list.

I do have Darling by Kylie..... Don't ask me why I kept it...... It came with some Church fete stuff from memory. I certainly couldn't stomach a day of it, but I may put some on for a smell just to be game. I don't promise not to scrub it off again though.

I've just looked at the bottle again. Is that meant to be her bum?
    Last edited by mumsy; 24th May 2012 at 08:15 AM.

Changed my mind and will try and find my sample of Lovely by SJP - that's pink in colour I think and also quite girly. I've never given it a proper test, so synch friday will be a good excuse to take it for a ride. Will only synch in the morning though. It's my husband's birthday tomorrow and I feel duty bound at some point to wear a frag he will appreciate (i.e., detect) which means something like Ormonde Woman or L'Air du Desert Marocain (not pink in the least!).

Okay, I sure I do own something pink!

sorry but any sample which to me is awful is quickly passed on to someone else.
    DONNA

Hmm...From my wardrobe I'm thinking JPG Classique, L de Lolita Lempicka ....++ ? Could be concidered "pink" in nature. This is a tough one, but I choose to interpret the pink theme tht way

I'm not wild about this one either, gang.

I will go with a pink Chanel that I love but is hated by plenty of folks, Coco Mademoiselle. I know someone will agree that it does in fact fit in with the original idea of horrid, juvenile, "girly" in a bad way juice. But I love it. It's really lovely and wearable and who gives a flying fig if it's overly popular. Now, I will admit I have smelled it on lots of women and it isn't flattering on everyone. This one is not for oversprayers, in my opinion.

Oops... seems I don't have anything suitable for tomorrow's sync. No pink juice in this guy perfume collection.

Quote Originally Posted by lucasai View Post
    Oops... seems I don't have anything suitable for tomorrow's sync. No pink juice in this guy perfume collection.
    Got borrowing L

Basenotes Plus

Do you have Rochas Man?? It came in a HOT PINK box, if I recall....
    A Scent Rescuer

Do you have Rochas Man?? It came in a HOT PINK box, if I recall....
    Thanks for the suggestion, but unfortunately this one is not a part of my collection. If I get lucky, I'll try to spray something pink while visiting the perfume shop.

Basenotes Plus

Thanks for the suggestion, but unfortunately this one is not a part of my collection. If I get lucky, I'll try to spray something pink while visiting the perfume shop.
    You are a true Basenoter, lucasai!
    A Scent Rescuer

You are a true Basenoter, lucasai!
    Really? What makes you say so? Asking just out of curiosity

I hope something pink comes in my hands tomorrow. If not, I'll borrow a drop of my mum's sample of Prada Candy - this one is definitely pink on the packaging. And it turns surprisingly not very feminine on my skin.

Basenotes Plus

Because...of the dedication and effort you are exhibiting to support the Friday Sync!
    A Scent Rescuer

Thanks for a good word knit at nite. I try to do what is possible to be there with you.

Okay, def not worse pink, but its pink. L'Artisan Parfumeur Drole de Roses
    DONNA

I'm in it girls...... Darling by Kylie.... Eeeech, gross..... This is like a kids sweetie wrapper from a boiled sweet.

This is dedication to task here. One hand only and I won't scrub.... Yet!

good morning. in sync with Red Roses by Jo Malone

good morning. in sync with Red Roses by Jo Malone

Quote Originally Posted by PerfumedLady View Post
    I'm not wild about this one either, gang.

I will go with a pink Chanel that I love but is hated by plenty of folks, Coco Mademoiselle. I know someone will agree that it does in fact fit in with the original idea of horrid, juvenile, "girly" in a bad way juice. But I love it. It's really lovely and wearable and who gives a flying fig if it's overly popular. Now, I will admit I have smelled it on lots of women and it isn't flattering on everyone. This one is not for oversprayers, in my opinion.
    I love Coco M. too. I prefer the EDT. Who cares if people don't like it, as long as we love it. Someone on here gave me a nice sample of the EDT but somehow it leaked all over and my wardrobe smelled of Coco M. for a few days or so. I like the #5 Premiere a bit too.

Pink juice for today? I don't know..probably Hypnose Senses.
    "One gives freely, yet grows all the richer; another withholds what he should give, and only suffers want." Proverbs.

Lol @ Mumsy! I suspected as much! I see there's even a Sweet Darling; I guess you won't be braving that one!

Kalli, that was me! It leaked?! I'm sorry! Was it during shipping?

I'm in CM since last night, turns out a craving has popped up for it. I get on these kicks with Coco Mademoiselle; as I've mentioned it's easily wearable anywhere plus it holds my interest. And just smells darn good!

Appreciate your efforts on this synch, lucasai! Agree with Knit, only a true BNer would go to such lengths!