Code of Conduct
Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast

Default Re: Synchronized Fridays 2012

Afternoon all. Thanks to the wonderful Bonsai for removing the "worst" from today's sunch. It has meant I didnt have to wear CK One Shock! Which made me happy.

So I'm in Coco Madamoiselle which is not in my normal style but dries to a rather plush tobacco leaf finish on me. Not keen on the opening but the heart and base are lovely

Pink all the way for me today: Pink Sugar, my "worst" (i.e., "most") pink juice. I brought a decant with me. Even though I am away from home, I am still in synch.

Maybe not the best sync I could do and I kind of inclined the rules of our synchronized fridays but... ekhm... don't mind!

I'm syncing with Prada Candy in the electric pink box.

Quote Originally Posted by lilybelle View Post
    Pink all the way for me today: Pink Sugar, my "worst" (i.e., "most") pink juice. I brought a decant with me. Even though I am away from home, I am still in synch.
    That's a commitment

I've been trying to synch up on a Friday for a while now. I always seem to forget when getting ready in the morning. Of course I don't have an appropriately pink fragrance (sorry PerfumedLady, I just can't bring myself to wear my sample of Madamoiselle to work!), so I went with an in-theme orange one: by Killian's Sweet Redemption. Very orange in color and smell, whilst possessing enough sugary florality to fit the pink theme, I believe...

Quote Originally Posted by PerfumedLady View Post
    Lol @ Mumsy! I suspected as much! I see there's even a Sweet Darling; I guess you won't be braving that one!
    Spare me........ it couldn't be sweeter ..........or could it?

I braved it until the drydown remained unchanged, a sort of sweet artificial ambery thing. Marginally better than the sweetie wrapper beginning........ then scrubber!

I guarantee you won't be reading a review of Sweet Darling from me, mumsy, not after hearing about the original! Sweeter than a candy wrapper is tough to imagine!

Al Gae! So happy to see you I don't care how liberally you've interpreted the sync! As you can see, plenty of others took their own liberties as well. This was my biggest beef with this sync theme- I knew it would be exclusive to many of our guys. You managed it anyway, well done!

You too, Lucasai! Is that Mum's Prada Candy?

Lilybelle,was such a pleasant surprise to see you and your Pink Sugar! That is dedication!
    Last edited by PerfumedLady; 25th May 2012 at 06:53 PM.
    The nose wants what it wants!

Kalli, that was me! It leaked?! I'm sorry! Was it during shipping?

Ohh! Sorry! Of course it was you!! I didn't read your name! Sorry, I didn't forget you, lol. I thought it could be you but didn't look at the user name really. I mean we are like the only ones that say we have liked Coco M, from what I have read. I think Mimi Gardenia does though. But sorry, lol, I didn't even read the user name really and I am a bit out of it from being busy today. No, it wasn't you. And it was fine till I got a hold of it. I think the vial came somehow unscrewed and leaked through the tape. But I did it for sure, somehow. I used like half of the sample before it happened. So, I enjoyed it much. Thanks so much, that was so generous of you! Hugs.

Edit: And offer is still there if you would like me to hook you up with anything in return for those lovely samples! That was so awesome of you!
    Last edited by kalli; 25th May 2012 at 07:32 PM.
    "One gives freely, yet grows all the richer; another withholds what he should give, and only suffers want." Proverbs.

I guarantee you won't be reading a review of Sweet Darling from me, mumsy, not after hearing about the original! Sweeter than a candy wrapper is tough to imagine!
    You know, the worst thing is...... we will all go and smell it now if we happen upon it somewhere. Aaaaaagh. What has this synch done for good taste?

Basenotes Plus

The PINK SYNC of 2012 is turning out very well, methinks, considering our previous misgivings.

Lucasai, Llillybelle travelling,mumsy of the candy wrapper, Al Gae, & our steady Sir Gabe- what amazing BN committment from all!

This morning was Pur Desir de Rose by Yves Rocher, a new acquisition for me. A light rose with gourmand spices. Entirely unisex IMO.

This afternoon, I've moved on to an oldie/cheapie Love's Baby Soft by Dana. 1 oz with matching lotion for $5 at Big Lots. Last of the big spenders, me

adding: CocoM is nice- nothing wrong with it, sistas!
    A Scent Rescuer
    Every great perfume deserves a good home

Kalli, it's o.k., please don't feel bad! I know exactly what you mean; I'm regularly wondering where my mind is! Just wanted to be certain I didn't send you a leaky mess. You're right about Mimi and CM; when I see it being slammed I must admit I console myself with "Well, Mimi & kalli like it"!
    Quote Originally Posted by mumsy View Post
    You know, the worst thing is...... we will all go and smell it now if we happen upon it somewhere. Aaaaaagh. What has this synch done for good taste?
    Nothing good, I'm afraid. Yes, I'll sniff the bottle if I see it. Want to see if it will make my teeth hurt!

Knit, I thought about Love's Baby Soft, too! The 70's-80's advertising in particular really fits the theme.

Baby Soft, haven't worn that one in forever! Sounds kinda nice right now! May have to see prices for it.

@ Perfumed Lady, that's right, we like it. And who gives a flying apple fritter or fig newton, as long as we can douse ourselves in that lovely EDT!
    "One gives freely, yet grows all the richer; another withholds what he should give, and only suffers want." Proverbs.

When my friend in Alaska is enjoying her Friday afternoon, I am having a lazy Saturday morning on another end of the Earth. My in sync basenotes Fridays always turn into New Zealand Saturdays! And I love it! I don't have to follow any dress code rules, conform to office ethics with "polite" scent if I have to see clients. Complete freedom of expression on Saturday morning. But with the whole pink theme I am feeling very pushed this time. My wardrobe is almost devoid of pink (raspberry and fuchsia - yes, baby pink - no!), same goes for the juices. The closest things to pink in my fragrant wardrobe are Agent Provocateur and Pleasures Intense. I'd settle for the latter, since I wore the Agent very recently.

Blog Entries

http://www.luckyscent.com/shop/secti...D%5FFemme.html

I'm trying this L'Etre Aime Femme- Divine from a sample and boy is it pink! It smells a lot like Tocade. Very pretty!

Hi everyone. I was with you on Friday. I just had a very busy day and I didn't get time to chat.

Well, boy was I with you!! I kept two free samples specially for the occasion, both in Pink cards. Viva La Juicy, which is exactly as its name suggests, and not bad for the watery fruity floral genre actually, and Lacoste Joy of Pink (for which I should win a prize!), which is a wee grapefruit juice thing.

Lesson of the synch....don't be cynical. I didn't enjoy wearing either of these and I wouldn't choose them for myself because they are not my style, but they are perfectly pleasant, they do the job that they were designed to do, and my nieces would like them, particulary the Viva La Juicy I think.

Another great synch bonsai!

Basenotes Plus

I think we overcame our cynicism quite well in the end. I quite enjoyed my foray into pink-ness for a change. Glad you were with us, even if you couldn't post till now, Foustie.

I just love our sync Fridays, they are great on so many levels.
    A Scent Rescuer

Yes, we may have started off grumbly about the pink but we turned it out pretty well, didn't we?

Foustie, you do deserve an award. Haven't tried Joy of Pink but did try their Love of Pink and it still stands out as one of my worst sampling memories! A big smooch on each cheek to you, that's all the prize I have to give you!

for this Friday I will have to have a good rumage and find one I didn't know I had. Yes, it has happened!!
    DONNA

Maybe Friday is the day for a full wearing of one of my vintage Diors. Failing that maybe Bulgari Jasmin Noir rarely worn, stuck at the back of the cupboard after my initial enthusiasm wore off but can't bare to to let it go. Yep that's it Friday is the perfect time to get reacquainted

hey everybody. so for tomorrow. i don't know what tomorrow. any suggestions? feel free to go through my wardrobe. thanks

I'm with Gabe. I haven't been at this long enough to bury / forget anything...

Quote Originally Posted by gabeinstyle View Post
    hey everybody. so for tomorrow. i don't know what tomorrow. any suggestions? feel free to go through my wardrobe. thanks
    Gabe, why not try Imperiale. It's an old treasure

Quote Originally Posted by Al Gae View Post
    Your oldest treasure would be Blenheim Bouquet

Blog Entries

I might wear my Floris Edwardian Bouquet. Except I'm wearing it now! It's very pretty. See my blog entry, if you're interested.

http://www.basenotes.net/entries/104...Monday-14-June

Quote Originally Posted by Al Gae View Post
    You're a real collector Al; I'll bet 20 years from now you still won't have forgotten or buried any scents! I'm sure you'd notice if a record or baseball card came up missing, wouldn't you?!

I don't bury or forget my scents, either. I may not wear some of them for a very long time- but I know what's there. I may not have it all together otherwise but I'm on top of things when it comes to my perfumes!

Will be Eau de Shalimar (which I like but should have just bought more actual Shalimar with that money) or Bonne Bell Skin Musk. Haven't worn my Skin Musk in ages, that sounds pretty good!

I see some big preparations for tomorrow's synchronized Friday. Great, I'll be joining too!

A buried, forgotten treasure...I'm away from home so I will have to dig in the sample bag I brought with me to find something buried and forgotten.

Gabe, you have a lovely wardrobe and it is HUGE! So there must be something in there that you haven't worn for ages. You know that thing that we all do. You linger a moment at a particular fragrance and then you pass it by. Well, stop at it this time and give it another outing and that one may be your buried, forgotten treasure. Or it might be a buried, forgotten stinker! Buried and forgotten for a good reason. Not that any of us would have one of those! As if! Ha ha!

Basenotes Institution

Ha ! Got a lot of forgotten perfumes. ....... Must go treasure hunting in the closet .
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

This synchrinized Friday is burried/forgotten treasure. I'll be wearing Caron Pour Un Homme de Caron, which was my yesterday's sote, and it's not exactly my forgotten treasure, but that's a different story.

I shall explain it. I bought it last year when I participated in an event called "Monday Mail" at Now Smell This Blog. I wanted others to suggest me something new to try. Caron was the most popular suggestion so I bought it blind. And... I really liked it at the beginning, but after 6 month my love for it disappeared without any particular reason. Don't really know what happened. Maybe my nose decided it's too simple for it and that it (nose, I mean) wants to smell some more complex stuff.

Anyway since then I almost don't wear it and put it on only when I feel like doing so, but that happens rarely. You know I'm a student who really has a lot to do at university, I don't have time to work so for me there's no place for mistaken perfume purchases... But this one kind of became one...

Last edited by lucasai; 1st June 2012 at 06:48 AM.

I picked up a decant which I have had for quite a while now but haven't worn yet: Safran Troublant. I think my second wearing of it won't be put off as long as this first one was.

It had a plastic-like smell to it when I put it on but one hour on this has mostly disappeared and the smooth vanilla and saffran combo is becoming more and more delightful.

I'm adopting a liberal interpretation of this synch. My buried/forgotten treasure is Extravagance D'Amarige. Possibly doomed into oblivion by association with its 'in-your-face' parent, you don't hear much about this one on BN. I was reminded of it a few days ago when a basenoter had sniffed it, liked it and posted a query wondering about the differences between the two bottle designs they had found. I wore it and was reminded of how great it is. Nothing like Amarige (thankfully).

I'm wearing the original today, rather than the Mythical reissue. Both are good, but here are my thoughts on the differences (as posted on the other thread): newer version is fresher, sharper and more green, with the citrus and pepper well to the fore. Unmistakably a reworking of the earlier version which is much more muted, softer and woody, with an almost chypre-like quality. That said, the old version seems to be fading pretty fast, although that might be the result of its age.

Okay, had a good think and came up with T Takashimaya by Takashimaya. Now I only have this in samples one is the edp and the other parfum. In fact for some strange reason they are stored not with my usual samples but in a plastic box which I keep nail files in. The forgotten treasure part comes from, I keep opening the box and think, 'Oh I must wear this one!'. Then put the box away and totally forget about the fragrance until rummaging for my larger crystal nail file.
    DONNA

Hello everyone! Not so much "a" forgotten treaure today as one of "my" forgotten treasures; Etat Libre D'Orange Eloge Du Traitre. I bought this some years ago and I wore it to bits at that time, then that odd horizontal gravity thing that goes on with unsupervised fragrance must have happened and it got sucked to the back, so I haven't worn it for a wee while. I am reminded today how good it is. A modern homage to the classical fougere! Fabulous.

I am on holiday! Off to Italy tomorrow. See you when I get back.

Basenotes Plus

devilcat, I have some E de A around here somewhere. It's nice if I recall. I may have to dig it out for later today.

I pre-synced on Thursday with Marc Rosen's Shanghai, even wrote a review of this buried treasure.
    A Scent Rescuer

Quote Originally Posted by Alityke View Post
    Your oldest treasure would be Blenheim Bouquet
    What a great idea Alityke. I like your interpretation of this week's theme, and I went with BB today. The lemony / piney freshness is going to be great today - it's probably going to be warm!

I actually dug out this Allure Homme sample which I somehow acquired while in college, and found recently. A little spray vial well over 10 years old, stored as improperly as possible. I chickened out on wearing it today though - not much chance it's still good, and it's Friday. I always want to smell good on a Friday...

You're a real collector Al; I'll bet 20 years from now you still won't have forgotten or buried any scents! I'm sure you'd notice if a record or baseball card came up missing, wouldn't you?!
    I don't know, sometimes a collection can get overwhelming. I thought I had lost my Ziggy Stardust record for almost a year, only to find it buried in some forgotten jazz LPs on the bottom shelf a few weeks ago. I've listened to it almost every day since then; I guess I missed it!

i have chosen to wear Imperiale. thanks Al.

Foustie, that's fantastic! Be safe and have lots of fun!

Al, Ziggy Stardust?!! How could you let that one get away from you? Don't blame you for playing it every day, I'd miss it too!

Yeah, I'm in my Skin Musk. There's a reason this one sits in the box all the time- it's perfectly pleasant but so incredibly dull. Now I remember.

Oh, did I ever love Ziggy. That brings back memories. "To be played at maximum volume".

I found a briefly forgotten sample of Vol de Nuit parfum on the bottom of my travel cosmetics zipper bag of decants. So I'm synching. Maybe it is best forgotten for now, as I love it and I can't afford it!
    Last edited by lilybelle; 1st June 2012 at 04:37 PM.

Blog Entries

Vol de Nuit, I haven't worn that in ages. Maybe that's the one for me! I'll dig it out.

Isn't it Ziggys anniversary this year? 40 years I think.... Gulp I'm truly old

SotE is in synch. Bulgari Jasmin Noir I really should sell or trade it on but cannot bring myself to do it.

Dzing! - my personal forgotten and buried treasure.

Basenotes Plus

ended up wearing Marily Miglin Goddess for sync this afternoon.
    A Scent Rescuer

Ah, Ziggy awesome album.
    DONNA

Glad to see all the love for Ziggy here. One of the reasons I love having a record player, is that there are many albums which have a vastly superior side. You can listen to the good one, and then move on to something else. Mr. Bowie's opus, on the other hand, is solid from start to end. A brilliantly conceived concept...

Already getting excited about next week's synch. That's what happens when you're at work on a Saturday morning. I think I'll swing by Scent Bar this afternoon and pick up a sample of Maison Francis Kurkdjian's new Oud. I knew a kid named Maison once in cub scouts...

This will be the easiest sync ever in that I have plenty of fragrances from niche houses bearing the name of their founder. It might end up to be a difficult choice though - plenty of options: Lutens, di Orio, Goutal, Malle, Tauer, Ford, Piquet, ... head spinning ...

Oh, I was thinking Ormonde Woman, or Eau de Guerlain. But then on another thread here someone mentioned Helmut Lang edp which I own. So I will be going for it.
    DONNA

Yes, will be a tough choice tomorrow, particularly if I go rooting around in the samples bucket. Although two of my current faves in the niche line (Cuir Ottoman and Calamity J) aren't from houses named after founders (typical!). May go with something from Parfums de Nicolaï, or Ruth Mastenbroek. See you tomorrow guys and gals.

I don't know what to do.... maybe Pucci by Emilio Pucci. Does vintage count as niche?

Basenotes Plus

Absolutely spoiled in available choices tomorrow- Lutens or Tauer or Slumberhouse or Smell Bent or Olympic Orchids and one choice from Ormonde Jayne. I am indeed a lucky woman to have such variety to pick from.

Oh heck- it's thursday afternoon and my scent o' the morn has worn off- I'm kicking this party off early!!!

Red Cattleya by Olympic Orchids by Ellen Covey.
    A Scent Rescuer

Hi All,

My first time doing this, and you've inspired me into randomly picking scents I've never heard of (but first checking if it fits with the theme) from my newly stocked "sample drawer".

I was going to do Kurkdjian or Tauer but I really would like to get away from spice for a day.

Day-time: Hanae Mori Butterfly Parfum (notes sound awful and not like something I'd pick, but the sample is there for a reason! I'm sure I'd have said the same thing about Amouage Memoir before I'd smelled it)
    Night-time: Guerlain Attrape Couer (the sample bottle smells so yummy!)

Excited!

EDIT: Does Guerlain count? Sorry if this is a silly question.
    Perfume appeals to my nose the way music appeals to my ears, exquisite food to my taste buds, photography to my eyes, and great loving from my man to my sense of touch.

I can safely conclude, then, that PERFUME IS ART in its purest form.

As an artist, I therefore have a responsibility to buy as much perfume as I can. You know, to learn about art and all.

http://www.sheblogsitall.com

Hello Zubi,

most things count here..... it's all fun after all. Glad you've come to play with us.

Good. Though I just found out Atrape Couer is discontinued so I don't want to like it.

I'm wearing Butterfly right now and definitely not loving it. I smell like a banana fudge covered coconut. Sillage is good, unfortunately for me and anyone near me.
    Perfume appeals to my nose the way music appeals to my ears, exquisite food to my taste buds, photography to my eyes, and great loving from my man to my sense of touch.

I can safely conclude, then, that PERFUME IS ART in its purest form.

As an artist, I therefore have a responsibility to buy as much perfume as I can. You know, to learn about art and all.

http://www.sheblogsitall.com

I have chosen Lovely Blossom by Armand Basi.
    This is probably a bit more "frou frou" than I
    would usually wear, but sometimes you just want a bit
    of innocent joy and this certainly delivers on that score.
    The bottle is pretty and the juice is PINK!
    Notes include orange blossom, plum and apricot (yes, it's
    another fruity floral) and it was created by none other than Francis Kurkjian.
    Nor sure if Armand Basi has done any other scents - must have a look later!
    A woman without perfume is like a flower without a scent.

Not syncing today friends, sorry. I'll be joining another time

Ruth Mastenbroek for me today, from a sample. I get a lot of pepper from this overlaying some tangy fruit. I have tried this before and felt so-so about it, but enjoying it more today. Perhaps it's the cooler weather we are having that's making the spiciness appealing.

I forgot to sync this morning! Aaaah... I'm wearing Eau Duelle. I think I'll put on Mona's Vanille once I get home - that is vanilla done right and would count for the sync. I'm getting a bit fed up with the vanilla-sugar aroma of Eau Duelle. It's a pitty because I love the idea and the other notes they pair de vanilla with, they should have just used a real-vanilla-smelling vanilla.

Starting early today: a dab of Kiss Me Tender by Parfums de Nicolai.

Good Morning Noters. for today's sync i will be wearing Tom Ford for men.

Hey y'all! I remembered to sync today!

I'm in Pivoine Rose, by Serena Ava Franco/Ava Luxe. Even though there really aren't many peony perfumes out there, I think I've smelled most of the available ones, and they all pale in comparison to PR. Seriously, Serena should get some sort of award for this ...a big trophy or something.

Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan