Code of Conduct
Page 14 of 41 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast

Default Re: Synchronized Fridays 2012

Dior.... I don't know either....
    so vintage Miss Dior or new Miss Dior, vintage Diorissimo, Dune, Coloressence energisant or a Farenheit and I have a tiny half sample vial of Diorling.
    Currently wearing: Beautiful by Estée Lauder

Oh, wow, so tomorrow is Dior day? I must do this then, I will do vintage Diorissimo. I wish the weather was a bit warmer but regardless I do love my vintage Diorissimo so much... what fun!

I have a few Diors but tomorrow will be a good excuse to wear Hypnotic Poison Elixir - not that I really need an excuse...

Basenotes Plus

Thanks for the invite. Vintage Fahrenheit for me.

Quote Originally Posted by mumsy View Post
    Dior.... I don't know either....
    so vintage Miss Dior or new Miss Dior, vintage Diorissimo, Dune, Coloressence energisant or a Farenheit and I have a tiny half sample vial of Diorling.
    Did you see the vintage 30ml Diorama extrait on the bay which went for over 500 quid? Would like to try that! The juice was the colour of whisky

Dune and Dolce Vita.
    LOVE IS BEST
    My sale thread :http://www.basenotes.net/search.php?searchid=2281122
    "There are people of spirit and there are people of passion but much less common that one might think. Rarer still are the people of passion and spirit. But rarest of all is a passionate spirit."
    -- Martin Buber

Oh I really crave vintage Poison for tomorrow! But I have a long day of talks (enclosed spaces) and performances (respect for cast members essential)... I've been very into my Dune lately too, so maybe it'll be that lady of sand and skank for me again

Have fun all, and happy Dior Friday!!!
    I'll always make time for cats and roses

My great loves:
    Mitsouko, L'Heure Bleue, Caron Pour un Homme, Dune, Fat Electrician, Oxford and Cambridge, Eau de Campagne, Elixir des Merveilles, Sarrasins, MKK, Ambre Sultan, Tocade, Dzing!

Current obsessions:
    Le Temps d'Une Fête, Tom of Finland, Jasmin et Cigarette, Dirty (not dirty at all )

"Perfume is an invisible art form, and yet one of the most evocative and personal."

Quote Originally Posted by cello View Post
    Ah, Poison day again tomorrow. Maybe I will try Hypnotic Poison once more, but most likely I'll chicken out and wear Dior Homme
    Funny, these were my exact thoughts before this sync. Though I knew it quite well in advance that I AM going to chicken out on Hypnotic Poison. I wanted to smell my Dior Homme sample yesterday evening and guess what - it broke between my fingers! So I ended up wearing Escale a Portofino from a sample - I still don't like it, it's a fairly boring citrus with an artificial edge. Should have gone for Diorella.

Vintage Miss Dior to celebrate my fortunate fnding of this beauty

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cello View Post
    Ah, Poison day again tomorrow. Maybe I will try Hypnotic Poison once more, but most likely I'll chicken out and wear Dior Homme
    Aw, come on! You too Bonsai. I will enjoy having an excuse to wear Hypnotic Poison. This was one of my Friday synch surprises. I had been given a wee mini but I wasn't really of a mind to wear it, then I dug it out for the previous Poison synch, and I discovered that it is gorgeous, almondy woody, with great longevity and a lovely trail.

good morning all. hypnotic poison is my all time favorite out of all from the poison line. although i don't have any. so i figured since it's Dior i'll be wearing my Fahrenheit 32 today.

I don't have any Poisons (except the internal liver medicine kind). I tried the ordinary Poison donkeys years ago in about 1980 before i knew much about perfume and remembering it smelling just like poison on me so have never smelled it again. From the murky depths, it may have had a black bottle and a purple box. I may have to have a sniff again and see next time I come upon any.

I think I'm going to Dune it. Have a happy Dior everyone.

Hey y'all -

I have a few Poisons, but I've got to be in the right mood for them. I'm in vintage-60s Miss Dior edt instead - this is less moody.

Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Eau Sauvage for me this morning. I don't have any Poisons except for a decant of Midnight Poison, and that one isn't for me.

Quote Originally Posted by mumsy View Post
    I don't have any Poisons (except the internal liver medicine kind).
    Well, we're both in synch then.

No Poison here, either. Already sent off the MP sample I used last time we had Poison day. Only Dior in the house is Mr.PL's Fahrenheit, which I like to wear occasionally but isn't calling me today. If I could choose any Dior, it would be Diorella. Need to grab some one of these days.

So, I'm out of sync for the first time this year. What a bummer! Party on without me, gang!
    The nose wants what it wants!

Blog Entries

I am staying green with Dioressence. I am just not a Poison person. I can't take the intense sugar high there. Luckily, I have an old atomizer from the 70's, I think. It has an intense oakmoss/ambergris base that is to die for. Hurray for chloro-flouro carbons!
    Currently wearing: French Cancan by Caron

For me, it has to be Miss Dior. This is much like my beloved Vol de Nuit. (Not in the mood for the very gourmand Addict.)

I am peeved at Dior renaming this.
    "No elegance is possible without it...perfume is a part of you." Gabrielle "Coco" Chanel
    Currently wearing: Poison by Christian Dior

Now in Eau de Poison decant made up for a BN friend. Spilt a drop of the Esprit on the butchers block table... Wow the house smells fabulous!

Quote Originally Posted by Primrose View Post
    For me, it has to be Miss Dior... I am peeved at Dior renaming this.
    Ditto! Also wearing this today for sentimental reasons.
    Currently wearing: Amethyst Éclat by Lalique

I have a Poisonless collection. I think I've posted before that I still have an aversion to original Poson it because all the local rich be-atches overwore this in its heydey. C'est la vie. The genius of the Dior line is that there is something for everyone.

Diorissimo vintage EDT it is!
    Sync'in and Think'in in 2015!
    Currently wearing: Shalimar by Guerlain

queen of the universe

Just in time! As in late afternoon mail held an ebay purchase whose seller was merciful quick in sending. I am no longer a Dior virgin, and what did I lose it to?—none other than vintage Miss Dior EDT. Cumin-soaked skank, by all means; this is Miss Balmain with a few drinks in her. Marvelous.
    What do insomniac perfumers do to fall asleep? They count chypres!
    Currently wearing: Odalisque by Nicolaï

jujy - you get cumin in Miss Dior?? Egads - that's the ultimate kiss of death for me. I thought I'd be able to catch it no matter how well-hidden it is, so I suppose I should feel relieved I've never detected it. I'd have to give it away!
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Scent from another Bner's wardrobe tomorrow. Since you're directly before me in this thread Evangeline I'm going with you. Will choose one of your 5* frags - perhaps Dune or Angel Liqueur de Parfum. Dune has the edge I think, haven't worn that for a long while.

Blog Entries

OK devicat. I will "do" you then! Actually I thought that it would be a fragrance actually from another basenoters wardrobe, you know, decanted from it ?! I had some options and ideas too, but I guess that we would have had to do a lot more planning with that though. Anyway, I am more than happy to be going with this way, and I am more thatn lucky to be after you devilcat because lets face it there is so much choice!! We do share a couple, so I am going to go with Tauers L'Air because I haven't worn it for a while.

See you tomorrow.

Hi Foustie, i shall join in the chain and have a rummage in yours.... do excuse me a moment... this won't hurt and i'll be very gentle.... hang on.......

I won't be long... it's nice in here....

Can I come to your house?

Not many crossovers, I can do Aromatics Elixir, Bvalgari Black, Coco, no 5, Shalimar and if I have the samples I may be able to do Tauer l'air du desert marocain but I may not have that one and be getting muddled with another, same with Mure et Musc extreme.

Thank you for the pleasure dear. It felt like being a cat burgler a bit.... stealing your niffs at night....
    Last edited by mumsy; 15th March 2012 at 11:16 PM.

Oooh! I get to raid mumsy! I know just what I'm looking for; remember a conversation with her about No.22 on aldehyde day. Does she have some for me?

She does! And now it's all mine for tomorrow!
    The nose wants what it wants!

queen of the universe

I wanted to use Twolf's wardrobe, having relied on her nose and power of description, but we have none in common amongst her current collection which is truly a "short list" in the best sense.
    [Note to self: Coriandre!] Seeing as other are using the wardrobe of preceding poster, I'm raiding Perfumed Lady, specifically Champs Elysées, perfect for the springy weather we're having in CLeveland.
    What do insomniac perfumers do to fall asleep? They count chypres!
    Currently wearing: Odalisque by Nicolaï

I have several in jujy's collection, so I shall "do" her wardrobe....Final decision on which scent tomorrow.
    Sync'in and Think'in in 2015!
    Currently wearing: Shalimar by Guerlain

I find this a fun sync! I had several scents from most of your collections, I have written them all down and then let my mood guide me this morning. The result: Violet Blonde from gabinstyle's wardrobe.

From Bonsais wardrobe I only have Bvlgari - Au thé Rouge. It will be well worth it trying it out again - I used to absolutely love this until I started exploring more niche scents and got bored with it. My husband adores it, though. He will be very happy. I wonder how it will strike me now...

EDIT: It is actually quite pleasant, although I would definitely see it as a "beginner's" scent. It is a little more interesting than your run-of-the-mill department store stuff, but it is definitely not a masterpiece or anything like that. It's a tad too sugery for me these days.
    Last edited by Klute; 16th March 2012 at 10:46 AM.

Page 14 of 41 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast