Code of Conduct
Page 16 of 41 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Synchronized Fridays 2012

See "The Friday Synch makes you think"!

Well that was interesting reading that list. I have the book and I enjoy it but I certainly don't agree that some of these are "one star" fragrances, Tabac Blond! Hermes Hiris! I know that they have given some of these fragrances one star because of reformulation, but still, there are some good fragrances in there. Anyway, dissent is always a good thing. There are a couple of modern designer ones too that I wouldn't dismiss; Dolce and Gabbana Light Blue did really well and still does, and Vivienne Westwoods Boudoir is quite interesting. What do we think gang?

Anyway, I don't have ANY of the fragrances on the list, although I wouldn't mind a few of them. BUT I do have samples of a couple. I have a beautiful Tabac Blonde Extrait, which I would not dream of insulting by wearing it on the one star day. I have a sample of Chanel Gardenia. I will have another think.

See you all tomorrow.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RingER View Post
    Synch Friday virgin here. I can choose between Flowerbomb, Nanette Lepore, Champs-Elysee, Vent Vert and Creed Irisia. I might just pick more than 1!
    Hi RingER, so pleased to meet you. Welcome to Friday Synch!

Basenotes Institution

Bonsai - thanks for the very helpful list !
    Well I have a few 1 star frags ! *LOL* Yay !
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Vivienne Westwoods boudoir is very nice. Well constructed, with excellent longevity and true to its intention. I'm surprised at it being a one star.
    Currently wearing: Gilda by Pierre Wulff

Quote Originally Posted by mumsy View Post
    Vivienne Westwoods boudoir is very nice. Well constructed, with excellent longevity and true to its intention. I'm surprised at it being a one star.
    So am I. It is really well-done fragrance with a nice warm animalic edge. Also agree with Foustie that Hiris (and even Light Blue) would deserve better. Sadly I have never tried Tabac Blond so no comments on that.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kumquat View Post
    Well, obviously, I will be wearing Caron French Can Can. It is from the Paris urns and that may make the difference. Of course, LT tried everything on paper, not developed on skin, so I was not impressed with his opinions.
    Oh I didn't know that FCC was a *
    and I didn't know Boudoir was also a *

I'll be joining you ladies wearing these!
    Yay!
    I am personally glad that I never read the guide, although I do appreciate that it is supposedly humorous.

I have a decant of Chanel Gardenia that Mimi Gardenia sent me a while back. Maybe I'll wear that. It doesn't smell like gardenia, but it's very pretty and it's the kind of thing I enjoy lately. I actually agree with many of their opinions, though not all. I love Champs Elysees and Vera Wang Princess. If I had either of those I'd wear it.

Basenotes Member

Quote Originally Posted by Foustie View Post
    See "The Friday Synch makes you think"! .
    As long as it doesn't descend into The Synch that makes you stink!

Sorry couldn't resist a little mucking about, but seriously, i am really looking forward to joining in and thanks PerfumedLady for a nice inclusive welcome.

It is great to pick up so many ideas here, and try new things and add even more to try to the list.

I enjoyed VW Boudoir but there was something in the top that felt slightly sharp or sour on me but nothing enough to stop me finishing the bottle. Didn't replace it though. fickle and moved on to the next new thing!

See you all tomorrow.

Oh, my first SYNCH! I must peruse the Guide and find something one-starred and douse myself in it tomorrow. In all this mess, I just know I have something hiding somewhere....

Quote Originally Posted by whwend View Post
    As long as it doesn't descend into The Synch that makes you stink!
    Well, it sometimes does... I am already dreading "The worst pink juice" sync...

Blog Entries

^^^oh, I have MANY for that one, but I don't think anything (i have) can really beat Cotton Candy Fantasy Body Mist though..

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Fleurine View Post
    ^^^oh, I have MANY for that one, but I don't think anything (i have) can really beat Cotton Candy Fantasy Body Mist though..
    That does sound kind of scary!

Thanks for the list bonsai! I wore Hiris last year, and I suppose I could start a tradition of annually flipping off L and S about a favorite of mine. Or, I have samples of about 4 - 5 of these that I have never tried. Always exciting to blind wear a fragrance to work - especially if it is a lowly 1 star

I'll think further tonight and decide in the morning!

Oh I didn't know that FCC was a *
    and I didn't know Boudoir was also a *

I'll be joining you ladies wearing these!
    Yay!
    I am personally glad that I never read the guide, although I do appreciate that it is supposedly humorous.
    Oh Fleurine you simply must pick up the cheaper paperback version and give it a read (or in NYC perhaps the public library has it?). It is FUN! And inspires some great posts here, too.
    Sync'in and Think'in in 2015!

I have that one too!! And a mini of Barbie.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by knit at nite View Post
    Oh Fleurine you simply must pick up the cheaper paperback version and give it a read (or in NYC perhaps the public library has it?). It is FUN! And inspires some great posts here, too.
    I can't find my book now. But , what was the Giorgio quote? I always hated that one anyway. My MIL wore a ton of it and it was awful. Turin's comment was pretty funny, I think.

I have Eau de Shalimar and Secret Obsession. I guess I'll be choosing from those two.
    I send thee this sweet perfume a fragrance to the fragrant, as one would offer wine to the god of wine.

I have picked my synching poison, so to speak: Going with Dior Midnight Poison and will wear it all day and roll around in it, revel in it, bow to it, worship it, lick my arm, and shake my hips.

This may scare the neighbors.

I do not care and hope they smell me.

Uh-oh.
    I don't know what to wear!!
    I think that between samples and bottles I have 30-40 options!
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG GGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Fragrance Omnivore
    Currently wearing: Walk On Air by Kate Spade

Well as I said mine is a Caron, I have to say I have all those mentioned apart from Miss Rocaille(I don't like it. One of the very few Caron's I don't!).

Okay mine are older versions of those listed but I do still feel outrage on their behalf.

Farnesiana
    DONNA

I'm in Orio today - Luca deserves a kick in the butt for giving it only one star.

Fig Tea by PdN. And I quote (Tania): "Fruit nightmare. When I smelled Fig Tea years ago at New London Pharmacy in New York, I staggered away spitting curses".

Well, it's not that bad, but certainly more grapefruit pepper than fig tea, with a plasticky note lurking in the base. Reminiscent of Eau des Merveilles, but not as good. Have a feeling it won't stick around long, so may dig out my vintage Amarige for later - that will be fun!

Basenotes Member

Purple Fantasy: Guerlain

from a sample (thankfully). This is not for me.
    Very sour out that vial onto skin and slightly unpleasant to me because of it, not dissimilar to the opening of Black Violet - But I love that one - that's like sour and sweetened by the violet at the same time, whereas this one was just sour and offputting to me and I don't get violets or anything 'purple' in fact.

After a short time though it's warmed into an apricot, but it's not going to redeem it for me.

I am with the 1-star on this and I am not neing a star-snob because going by the list very kindly transcribed by bonsai and comparing to my wardrobe past and present 'I have no taste!'

I'm covered in reformulated Diorling, but I'm going for Boudoir because I will need some smut after this. I may even layer it on one arm.

(Very nice layered)
    Currently wearing: Gilda by Pierre Wulff

Ooops I think I subconciously forgot this synch on purpose - I already dowsed myself with Ciuri Ciuri by Gianni Campangna (which is by the way breathtakingly beautiful!). My only options for this synch were: Miel de Bois SL, or Méchant Loup L'Artisan. Both are samples I do not care for much...I will consider wearing one of them in the next few days (after all - part of the fun for me is to revisit stuff I had already checked off as uninteresting). But for today I will enjoy my Sicilian flowers!

Quote Originally Posted by KarmaLee View Post
    I have picked my synching poison, so to speak: Going with Dior Midnight Poison and will wear it all day and roll around in it, revel in it, bow to it, worship it, lick my arm, and shake my hips.

This may scare the neighbors.

I do not care and hope they smell me.
    lol, I actually really like Midnight Poison, but I am out of synch today because I have been seduced by Fracas and she won't let go yet. Nice little vignette, KarmaLee
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

good morning everybody. today i am wearing euphoria. i really like it. even though it is a 1* fragrance in the book. hope that all of you have a great day.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mumsy View Post
    Totally agree mumsy.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by gabeinstyle View Post
    good morning everybody. today i am wearing euphoria. i really like it. even though it is a 1* fragrance in the book. hope that all of you have a great day.
    Well done you! Gabe you are so great. You do realise that you have managed all of the synchs so far! You are our hero. We love ya! Don't we girls?

Repeating my "synching too early" moment and in Mona di Orio Carnation I enjoyed it so much yesterday

Page 16 of 41 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast