Code of Conduct
Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,080 of 1213

Default Re: Synchronized Fridays 2012

When we set up the sync list, I thought that my African travel scent would be Byredo's Bal d'Afrique. In the meantime I have started to find it too overwhelming, too sweet and fruity so I don't own my decant anymore. Instead, I'll go for "Let me play the lion" from Les Nez: sun-scorched earth and dusty, sun-heated animal fur. When I smell it, I always see the image of a desert and of a lion with a gorgeous mane resting on the savanna in the shade of a tree.

I'm going north Africa. It will have to be Tauer's L'Air du Desert Marocain, which is fine by me. I haven't worn it in six months and it will suit the cooler weather we're now having - it's warm, spicy, dusty, smoky. More bazaar than savanna

All I have for this synch is Fumerie Turque and even that is stretching it a bit

Basenotes Plus

well I'm on the road "chez papa" in the AZ desert. By chance i have a teeny decant of Tauer's Cologne Du Maghreb with me. Guess that'll be my sync scent.
    A Scent Rescuer
    Every great perfume deserves a good home

Synched in Wazamba! Will I be the only one?

Last edited by MaxHeadroom; 13th September 2012 at 11:59 PM.

If I remember, I may check in. Tauer air du desert seems the most obvious possibility. There's also Tenere, but there's something too strong in there I don't really like. Nothing south of the Sahara.

I may also sniff for fun two of the aromatic blends by Kiehl's. The line is supposedly based on natural and sustainably sourced materials and inspired by places in the world, one of them has a moroccan theme (orange flower and lychee), another Ugandan (vanilla cedarwood). The ugandan is uninspiring but pleasant; the lychee thing (whose connection to Morocco is lost on me,unless it refers to camel p**p) is laughably bad.

cacio

What a gorgeous synch today! What great fragrances. Let me play the Lion, great call Bonsai. You have remonded me to look out my sample, and L'Air, what a lovely choice. Cologne du Meghreb, look at you knit, and cacio gave us our Friday synch laugh. Thanks Cacio! And Maxheadroom, you are a brave man. I hope that you suit Wazmba and that you wear it well.

Like devilcat I have used the opportunity to dig out something that I haven't worn in ages. Timbuktu. I blow hot and cold about this one. So lets see how it goes.

Have a lovely weekend all!

I went with an obvious choice ...my only choice, but I love it! I'm in Safari ...photo-Safari.

Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Fumerie Turque for me and thoroughly enjoyable it has been

Basenotes Junkie anomie et ivoire's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'll be changing into Vintage Maroc (by Ultima) later today for the synch. Had been looking for an excuse to try it out anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by devilcat View Post
    I'm going north Africa. It will have to be Tauer's L'Air du Desert Marocain, which is fine by me. I haven't worn it in six months and it will suit the cooler weather we're now having - it's warm, spicy, dusty, smoky. More bazaar than savanna
    I'm with you in Morocco today. It's a little heavy for the heat we're having today, but not quite overwhelming. Always nice to have an "excuse" to try out a fragrance on a day you wouldn't normally wear it... I haven't broken out this decant for a while!

And now I'm in the not-so-obvious choice of Absolu, entirely justified by the zebra-striped smock on the lady in this ad.

Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Okay, what is a bomb?

Powerful, or a fragrance that crashed and was discontinued quickly?????
    DONNA

I think I remember they were talking about powerful scents (strong sillage and/or projection) when this one was suggested, donna. A lot of us won't have any trouble! But I think this can be left up to individual interpretation.

As for me, I'm going LOUD! Thinking Insolence or Obsession.

Look how short our sync list is now! Can it seriously be time to think about ideas for 2013?!!
    The nose wants what it wants!

I like Donna's interpretation and will go with Belle D'Opium. Certainly not a bomb like it's parent, but still pretty powerful to me, and almost universally reviled amongst my BN brethren. I bought this in the January sales a couple of years back. You could barely see the YSL counter behind the stacks of unsold gift sets

I'm going for the aldehyde BOMB that is Stephen Jones by Comme des Garcons - that's my interpretation

Good morning! I am about to detonate some Cinnabar -
    so stand well back whilst I light the touchpaper!

I love this on a very cold, crisp winter morning when some
    inner heating is required. It is fiery, spicy and quite alluring.
    A woman without perfume is like a flower without a scent.

LOL!!!!! So handle with care and stand well back.

Actually I was wearing a bomb yesterday SMN Garfona, which is a edc but 9 hours later was still blasting all before it.

Chanel No22 edt(old version), its the aldehydes. Put it on at 8 am and its still blasting at full powder going to bed that night.
    DONNA

I don't know... I'm still scentless..... I was contemplating Versace Blonde but i think I would be sick.

Tell me what to wear.... be bossy someone

It's Friday already? Really! It is high time to theme up with a proper fragrance. Well, today's theme is "a bomb" it took me a while to figure out what should I wear (gosh, I didn't synch up for quite a long time).

I think there's no real bomb in my perfume arsenal but... I found a sample of Viktor & Rolf Spicebomb in my inventory.

I know that this scent has nothing to di with a scent bomb, sillage bomb, stink bomb or any other bomb you can think about. It's just a bomb from the name, but having no better option I will let it be a Spicebomb today.

Quote Originally Posted by mumsy View Post
    I don't know... I'm still scentless..... I was contemplating Versace Blonde but i think I would be sick.

WEAR COCO. That better?

I am wallowing in Onda this morning but I am going or Coco for the synch. A bombshell!!

You have quite a few that would certainly qualify: Amarige, Ambre Gris, Boudoire, Coco, Opium, Tabu.

I'm in Santal Majuscule at the moment which does not qualify but I couldn't resist the temptation of testing my newly arrived sample. It is quite lovely, but not groundbreaking.

In the afternoon I'll sync in Vivienne Westwood's Boudoir.

I will.... Coco it is... thank you. I am feeling quite unable to make any decisions this morning... It is a good job I am not the prime minister.

I will.... Coco it is... thank you. I am feeling quite unable to make any decisions this morning... It is a good job I am not the prime minister.
    *gasp* Your not????

Not yet!

I'd forget where I put the keys to no 10 anyway....

I'm in my most incendiary Aromatics Elixir. I think this ad says it all -

To me bomb is something bombastic smelling, so I stole from my hubby Aoud Cuir d'Arabie. Oud and leather overload, he, he, he. I hope no one will drop unannounced today, if they do, it will be at their own peril...

Hmm the choices ............Opium? Angel? Aromatics? Wrappings? Mahora for a double "bomb" effect -it is a bombastic frag and it didn't do well marketwise and got rename/packaged as Mayotte. Except I did Mahora as my tropical scent sync. Tabu? Black Orchid? Womanity? Samsara? Arrrgggghhhhh!!
    My brain doesn't want to function well on 4.5 hours sleep.

Help!
    Fragrance Omnivore

Ah, Foustie and mumsy, you gave me a big laugh! Thank you.

I'm ending the day in the last drops of my Boudoire. Fortunately nobody's home (ok, the cat, but he doesn't mind), otherwise I would have already received a few complaints. I do love it though, it's such an indecent beauty.

Basenotes Plus

It's Givenchy's big blasting Amarige for me today. I'm sure they can smell me in Cincinnati, OH.
    A Scent Rescuer

summer means fireflys

I'm wearing Angel ... some think it might be a weapon of mass destruction.
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Hilarious sync! I was trailing around a whopping cloud of Insolence EDT today. Nuclear violets!

Okay, I am drawing a major blank for today.

AIR

To me that is light, ozone, fresh. I do not own anything that fits that bill. Nor do I own any with the word L'air or Air in the name.
    DONNA

Basenotes Plus

28/09/12 - Four Elements 1 - Air

mnnnnn L-air du temps, un air de samsara????

or oxygene, L'air du desert marocain?
    A Scent Rescuer

Sorry own none of those, hate L'Air du temps anyway.

SpaceNK Peace, its clean soft and has a airy.
    DONNA

La Chasse aux Papillons for me today. Light, cool spring morning air with the scent of freshly opened blossoms wafting through it.

Okey Dokey. Air. Now we are talking. I like fragrances that have their own air. Contemporary, uncluttered, sheer and airy. Lovely. Sel Marin really is like sea air, or sea spray, but unfortunately I am out of that. Actually I am going to go with Ramon Monegal L'Eau de Rose.

"Radiant caress. Idyll between drops of morning dew and velvet textures of petals of aromatic Roses. Captivating elixir with epilogue in the shape of adage of Musks between leaves of Patchouly."

Actually I find this more of a study in perfection than a satisfying fragrance, but Air it certainly has, and you have put me in the mood. See, the Friday synch makes you think!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by donna255 View Post
    Okay, I am drawing a major blank for today.

AIR

To me that is light, ozone, fresh. I do not own anything that fits that bill. Nor do I own any with the word L'air or Air in the name.
    Donna, you have lots of AIR, and I only got through the A's and B's in your wardrobe. I think that 28 La Pausa is airy. An airy Iris. Heavenly airy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by knit at nite View Post
    28/09/12 - Four Elements 1 - Air

mnnnnn L-air du temps, un air de samsara????

or oxygene, L'air du desert marocain?
    Attagirl!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bonsai View Post
    La Chasse aux Papillons for me today. Light, cool spring morning air with the scent of freshly opened blossoms wafting through it.
    You make me wanna have it.....

In synch with Organza by Givenchy
    LOVE IS BEST
    My sale thread :http://www.basenotes.net/search.php?searchid=2281122
    "There are people of spirit and there are people of passion but much less common that one might think. Rarer still are the people of passion and spirit. But rarest of all is a passionate spirit."
    -- Martin Buber

Thank you Foustie, very stressed today mind gone blank
    DONNA

Of couse, Oxygene - why didn't I think of that? Those are all good ideas, knit!

I suppose I do have airier perfumes, but I figured wind is air so I'm in Vent Vert, 60s parfum and edt.

Like E., my air is windy- in Sous le Vent this morning. I forgot about Oxygene, too! May have to dig my bottle out and go for a double sync today.

Basenotes Plus

Easy peasy....Neil Morris' Spirit of Air!
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

In physics and astronomy, the Ether (or Aether) is a hypothetical medium for transmitting light and heat (radiation), filling all unoccupied space; it is also called luminiferous ether. It was a scientific explanation to the discovery that light and heat are waves - at the time, it was thought that all energy must travel through a medium, such as air. So they invented the Ether and filled Space with it.

The name itself comes from the Greek word (αἰθήρ), meaning "upper air" or "pure, fresh air". Today I'll be synching in L'Ether by Iunx.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Gae View Post
    In physics and astronomy, the Ether (or Aether) is a hypothetical medium for transmitting light and heat (radiation), filling all unoccupied space; it is also called luminiferous ether. It was a scientific explanation to the discovery that light and heat are waves - at the time, it was thought that all energy must travel through a medium, such as air. So they invented the Ether and filled Space with it.

The name itself comes from the Greek word (αἰθήρ), meaning "upper air" or "pure, fresh air". Today I'll be synching in L'Ether by Iunx.
    Al Gae, you win the prize today!!! We get a science lesson, a language lesson and a virtual sniff of a much talked about perfume!!!

I am being obscure at best, a bit of a stretch as it is more feeling than name or definition.

Different Company De Bachmakov - which reminds me of sharp spring air with an herbal hint to it. It is also a soft airy fragrance, a skin scent really.

Oh, I wholeheartedly agree, cello! Slap a ribbon on that boy!

Al, it always makes me happy when you join us! I thought you'd like our little game. You really do add MUCH to our Fridays and today's post is just brilliant. How's the scent, btw?

Thanks ladies, some fridays I forget, and others I already have something i want to wear, but I enjoy synching when I can!

L'Ether is nice - the notes list reads like a designer fragrance: lemony citrus top notes, vanilla, and woods. But the interplay of the notes is fantastic, especially for the first hour, when you get a lemony vanilla wood accord, all three notes kind of weaving in and out. Delightful. It wears like a classic Ellena composition, light and airy, yet has substantial longevity. It's kind of comparable to Chanel Allure Homme Edition Blanche, actually. At least, I haven't worn the Chanel since I got this!

My parents got it for me as a gift from Paris. The bottle is HUGE, it's like a police baton, so I keep it on a different shelf, and forget about it sometimes...

summer means fireflys

I couldn't come up with anything creative so I'm wearing L'Air du Desert Marocain. Hey, it has "Air" in the name!
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by PerfumedLady View Post
    Oh, I wholeheartedly agree, cello! Slap a ribbon on that boy!
    +1

SOTE is Annick Goutal Eau de Charlotte. One word, "YUM"!
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

Basenotes Plus

I ended up going with Chanel Eau de Cologne during the day but will switch to Un Air of Samsara tonight.
    A Scent Rescuer

Sounds like a great scent, Al! Really not so expensive given that the bottle can also double as a weapon! Hope you're enjoying it; those folks of yours do return from their travels with some excellent goodies for you!

This isn't an easy one since woody scents are one of my favourite categries. Should I make it strong and sweet and choose Micallef Gaiac, Santal Blanc or Cedre? Or go with the "stewed fruit" line and pick FdB or CdG Sequia (sadly my Idole decant is empty)? Or keep it light and go with M&B Parfum Trouve? No idea yet...

Samsara for tomorrow ,then
    LOVE IS BEST
    My sale thread :http://www.basenotes.net/search.php?searchid=2281122
    "There are people of spirit and there are people of passion but much less common that one might think. Rarer still are the people of passion and spirit. But rarest of all is a passionate spirit."
    -- Martin Buber

Quote Originally Posted by bonsai View Post
    This isn't an easy one since woody scents are one of my favourite categries. Should I make it strong and sweet and choose Micallef Gaiac, Santal Blanc or Cedre? Or go with the "stewed fruit" line and pick FdB or CdG Sequia (sadly my Idole decant is empty)? Or keep it light and go with M&B Parfum Trouve? No idea yet...
    *gasp* Not a bad dilemma to have bonsai! I also love woody so I look forward to tomorrow.

The Air synch last week was lovely. Thanks for that!

Woody... I fancy Let me Play the Lion if I can locate the sample...

What can I say, as a tree in a previous live any fragrance with even a hint of woods in it is woody on me. LOL

I have a wide collection of woody, sandalwood,cedar,Oud.
    DONNA

Way hay! An early outing for my new decant of SL Violette de Bois

Yes, I was thinking Serge too, but going with the cedar of Féminité du Bois. I have tried it a few times - love the drydown but struggle to get past the waxy note at the start. Alternatively may go for Ormonde Woman, or JHAG Midnight Oud. I really liked Midnight Oud when I first tried it, but then its place as my favourite JHAG frag was usurped by Calamity J. I should really give it another airing.

Okay, Chanel Bois des Iles extract.
    DONNA

I'm afraid I cheated - dug out my sample of Midnight Oud and wore it last night. Didn't like it as much second time around - seemed a bit too smooth and had a plasticky note that I didn't recall. So, going with one of my favourites today - Ormonde Woman.

Serge Lutens Chypre rouge. Yum!!
    Visit my Norwegian blog
    http://www.hagenpahytta.net
    Gardening, nature, food, perfume, life.

"Gardeners, I think, dream bigger dreams than emperors"
    Mary Cantwell