Code of Conduct
Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
Results 1,201 to 1,213 of 1213

Default Re: Synchronized Fridays 2012

Ha! I came over to say that I......can....not....think.... of a hate to love fragrance. Shalimar was on my mind, but I didn't hate it and I certainly don't love it now. Then I saw bonsai's post and I thought "Oh go on then". Shalimar it is. (Well at least for a wee while).

Almost Shalimar for me too - perhaps not quite a 180 turn, but pretty close. Going with Angel though. Couldn't believe anyone could wear such a monstrosity on first sniff some years ago, but now I can see its appeal. The original isn't my absolute favourite from the line, but the lighter, fruitier versions like the edt and Innocent are great. Will wear lots of it, so if the world ends today I'll go out with a bang not a whimper!
    Last edited by devilcat; 21st December 2012 at 09:58 AM.

A Guerlain for me today but not Shalimar, that one was love at first sniff, when I was just a little girl. I swear I willed myself to grow up faster so I could wear it! Was also familiar with Mitsouko as a little one, it smelled like golden, sun dappled peaches on my Great Aunt. I've posted about my complicated relationship with Mitsouko here before; some of you may remember that it took many years and some time here at BN before I could learn to love it on my own skin. At first, I simply couldn't believe this depressing, morbid scent was my aunt's yummy peaches. It just clicked suddenly one day. I found myself thinking, "Well, this smells pretty!". Gave it another try and we've been friends ever since!
    The nose wants what it wants!

I missed many synches before, but I am not going to pass this one. Not being particularly original but Shalimar was absolute 180 degree turn for me. I have a certain Lady to thank for that . My first experience with Shalimar was a spray on my wrist in a department store. I was so horrified that I ran in to the first bathroom and frantically scrubbed my wrist though some of still remained. Since then I avoided it like a plague; that is until said Lady sent me Edt, EdP, and Eau de Shalimar.

I took my time with it and let it progress to its famous vanilla/amber stage and it grew on me after each subsequent wearing. I couldn't believe that I could hate it so. Turns out there was some very unfortunate formulation which was the one I encountered in the department store. I am so glad that I let myself be persuaded, as I (won't be saying anything new) it's a masterpiece. Since spending much time on Basenotes lately I learned to appreciate vanilla, but there is no perfume niche or designer where vanilla is so sophisticated and ladylike.

Yeh. Hmmm. Shalimar. (EDP, maybe ten years old). It is just one of those things isn't it? If we were all the same life would be very boring. I will tell you what you...."note to self". One of my fragrance tasks for 2013 will be to try some Vintage Shalimar. See, "The Friday synch makes you think!"

Meantime I will just have to stick to Shalimar Parfum Initial which I think is excellent. And devicat, go girl!

Tomorrow I only own three fragrances released this year.

So it will be either:

SpaceNK In Peace

Jo Malone White Lilac and Rhubarb

Annick Goutal Nuit Etoilee

Guerlain La Petite Robe Noire
    Last edited by donna255; 28th December 2012 at 08:26 AM.
    DONNA

According to the BN directory there were just over 1,300 releases in 2012. I've tried maybe half a dozen, mostly flankers of Angel and Agent Provocateur. I'll go with Guerlain La Petite Robe Noire. I received the extrait for Christmas, so will wear that.

Thank you Bonsai for a year of super synchs!

Basenotes Plus

i am on a road trip, but I do have a sample of MFK Amyris Femme with me, so that will be my default scent for tomorrow's sync.

Described as a floral woody fragrance with notes of luminous lemon flower, Californian orange, Jamaican amyris, Florentine iris, Haitian vetiver and muskyamber. It's very nice (but i don't need a full bottle)
    A Scent Rescuer
    Every great perfume deserves a good home

I can't smell much right now as I've caught a virus -UGH! so no syncing for me til my sniffer clears up.Would have gone with my sample of Enchanted Forest.
    Fragrance Omnivore

Quote Originally Posted by devilcat View Post
    According to the BN directory there were just over 1,300 releases in 2012. I've tried maybe half a dozen, mostly flankers of Angel and Agent Provocateur. I'll go with Guerlain La Petite Robe Noire. I received the extrait for Christmas, so will wear that.

Thank you Bonsai for a year of super synchs!
    I have the edp but sniffed the extract, it is to die for.
    DONNA

Yes, it's lovely. It will get its first proper airing today, although like bookwrymsmith I'm at the fag-end of a wretched cold (two weeks now - one of the worst I've had) and my sniffer's not quite 100%. Hopefully a blast of black cherry will see it off for good

I am wearing the La Petite Robe Noire.

Hope you feel better soon. In the last two weeks I have had the vomiting bug, sinus infection and now on the end of chest infection. Very very boring, no alcohol over Christmas because of the stupid antibiotics.
    DONNA

puff puff puff.... just ran over. I really didn't want to miss the last synch of the year. Sorry I missed you on Friday.

Oh! I don't think that I have anything that was released in 2012! Bummer. I was going to say Ramon Monegal Impossible Iris. We only discovered this range in 2012 because of big launch but it may have been released before that.

OK, can I have a "wish" I had from 2012? MDCI Chypre Palatin.

THANK YOU BONSAI FOR ALL THE FUN WE HAD WITH THE 2012 SYNCH.

Wishing you all a great 2013.