Code of Conduct
Page 28 of 41 FirstFirst ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Synchronized Fridays 2012

Just catching up. Blue_Eyez your "transporter" post is gorgeous. What a lovely story so well told. Thank You!

Ispahan by Yves Rocher It will be it for next synchro.
    LOVE IS BEST
    My sale thread :http://www.basenotes.net/search.php?searchid=2281122
    "There are people of spirit and there are people of passion but much less common that one might think. Rarer still are the people of passion and spirit. But rarest of all is a passionate spirit."
    -- Martin Buber

I didn't realise i had some Farn sitting right beside me on my desk and have put it on and read your story again whilst wearing it. I am with you totally. I may join you this Friday Sophie as I have Ispahan
    Currently wearing: Gilda by Pierre Wulff

This morning looking at my decants revealed the obvious choice for this Friday's sync: Keiko Mecheri Osmanthus - an Asian flower from a Japanese perfumer. I haven't worn it for a while - it will be fun to pull it out again and see how I like it this time.

Hmmm... Toughie. Can only think of vintage Opium EdP via a dabber. Still might be ott for work in the current humidity. Will probably synch with it tomorrow evening

Would Coromandel count? (Coromandel=Chinese lacquered screens).

Basenotes Plus

I'll test another Satori scent for the sync!
    Perfume appeals to my nose the way music appeals to my ears, exquisite food to my taste buds, photography to my eyes, and great loving from my man to my sense of touch.

I can safely conclude, then, that PERFUME IS ART in its purest form.

As an artist, I therefore have a responsibility to buy as much perfume as I can. You know, to learn about art and all.

http://www.sheblogsitall.com

Hm... yes, I've got something that would suit the far east sync tomorrow, yay!

Perfumerie Generale Indochine then.

don't know what to wear for tomorrow's sync. any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by gabeinstyle View Post
    I would say something oriental, that can be associated with Japan or China.

That's funny, I did not remember what the sync was, and I lost my computer, but we were moving last friday, so literally speaking I was in sync.....
    www.aafke-art.com

“Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. This is not a way of life at all in any true sense. Under the clouds of war, it is humanity hanging on a cross of iron.”
    ― Dwight D. Eisenhower

(((FrouFrou)))!!! It's so good to see you!

I think I will give Dzongka a first time wearing, thanks to my pal Foustie. I suppose "far east" is relative to one's point of origin?

lillybelle, we have moved! 14 days of total stress, and I dropped my computer, total loss.
    www.aafke-art.com

“Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. This is not a way of life at all in any true sense. Under the clouds of war, it is humanity hanging on a cross of iron.”
    ― Dwight D. Eisenhower

I'm sorry to hear about your computer, Frou. At least you are moved now, which must have been a huge undertaking.

Yeah, uhm, I haven't actually moved yet, I have moved my husband to a new home. I still have to get my own move done, but the greencard is taking a very long time.
    www.aafke-art.com

― Dwight D. Eisenhower

Far east, but not too far - Fumerie Turque by SL. It was a blind dip into SLs bottles. Lucky dip

I changed my mind in the morning and opted for Keiko Mecheri's Ume (japanese plum) - one of my all-time favourites.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke Hunt View Post
    Would Coromandel count? (Coromandel=Chinese lacquered screens).
    Sure it would! And what a fantastic choice!

Quote Originally Posted by gabeinstyle View Post
    I took a look at your wardrobe and you have several perfect fits: Issey Miyake scents, Creed Himalaya and Shalimar (India). Of course anything with a note with Far-Eastern origin would fit (e.g., osmanthus, champaca, mysoire sandalwood, Indian spices), anything from an Asian house/nose and of course anything which you have an Asian association with.

Well I'm going over to the man camp and wearing Jaipur homme by Boucheron. I just love this one and it doesn't smell too masculine on me. It's a completely unsung perfume in my opinion.
    Currently wearing: Gilda by Pierre Wulff

Dzonghka for me.
    DONNA

I'm adopting a boringly literal interpretation in this synch - Chinatown (far east US-style). Bottle looks very oriental at least, though not sure about the smell. Apologies for lack of imagination!

Joining with Amouage Gold Homme. I know it's not a farthest east perfume option, but rather oriental India, but let it be...

I was also thinking about some Masaki Matsushima but those scents are so light, short-lived and not my style that it would be a total scrubber.

So thank God for that Amouage sample

Thanks for the suggestions. I was thought about pulling out shalimar but it has been too hot to wear it. So Issey Miyake Leau D'Issey

Blog Entries

Hi everyone! My, we are well travelled.

I am going to Kyoto later today courtesy of Comme De Garcons.

As a Los Angeleno, I have a hard time thinking of Japan as the Far East, as it's the closest thing to the West of us... So I went to India (I think) with a bit of Tam Dao. Niiiiice.

Hey thanks for reminding me about Mat; -I was going to go scentless until later and sync with Asja .But now I am enjoying the short lived Mat; while I do some chores.
    Fragrance Omnivore
    Currently wearing: Walk On Air by Kate Spade

I am halfway in sync, and maybe not even that, I am wearing La Perla, by La Perla, which, according to my husband, who is from the Middle East, reminds him of oud and home.
    Actually, every chypre, especially with rose in it, seems to remind him of oud.
    www.aafke-art.com

― Dwight D. Eisenhower

Quote Originally Posted by FrouFrou View Post
    I am halfway in sync, and maybe not even that, I am wearing La Perla, by La Perla, which, according to my husband, who is from the Middle East, reminds him of oud and home.
    Actually, every chypre, especially with rose in it, seems to remind him of oud.
    That's nice it reminds him of home

Gabe I think the mosquitoes might have their way with you and carry you away in the muggy MA heat if you wore Shalimar- LOL

I'm not syncing this morning- but will join in later in Shanghai by Marc Rosen. It's foggy and drizzly here today so it won't be over powering. Had it been sunny, I would have chosen Koto by Shiseido.
    Sync'in and Think'in in 2015!

Page 28 of 41 FirstFirst ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ... LastLast